Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for M. Flemming > Reviews

Browse

M. Flemming's Profile

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Flemming "Mattflemz" RSS Feed (Virginia Beach)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
InSassy (TM) Xbox 360 Slim AC Adapter 100-240V 2A 47-63Hz
InSassy (TM) Xbox 360 Slim AC Adapter 100-240V 2A 47-63Hz
Offered by InSassy
Price: $23.86
4 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best!, October 22, 2015
I'm happy to have this adapter for an upcoming trip overseas. I ordered this particular one after reading reviews here on Amazon. The single detractor I found with this one is the reports of the fan noise from the adapter when the 360 is powered on. Yes, there is fan noise. I could hear it with the TV off... I didn't notice the fan noise while actually playing a game. The product works and I don't need two adapters for my Xbox 360. I'll submit an update once I actually get overseas and try out this adapter on 220-240v.

Channel Master CM-3410 1-Port Ultra Mini Distribution Amplifier for Cable and Antenna Signals
Offered by cableTVamps
Price: $24.75
30 used & new from $7.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife is smiling :), September 18, 2014
Just adding my two cents to the positive review here. My master bedroom cable outlet has the longest cable run in the house and numerous channels were pixelated or the cable box would say there was no signal at all. I had swapped my two cable boxes around to confirm the problem was the cable and not the box. The cable company remotely checked the box and confirmed the input signal to the box was very weak.

I did lots of Amazon research on cable amplifiers and found this particular cable amplifier I figured was best suited for what I wanted to do: Give my upstairs cable box a stronger signal so my wife could enjoy her favorite channels while in bed.

Received this last night. The instructions are easy to follow, not that this is a complicated contraption, and had everything connected behind the TV stand in less than 5 minutes. The moment of truth... I turned on the TV and cable box for the Wife Test. She instantly smiled when the first of the problem channels we checked came in crisp and clear! All her other channels were now clear with the exception of one which we noticed would have momentary patches of pixelation from time to time.

This product made a HUGE improvement and I think saved me a bunch of money I would have paid the cable company to come check or rerun my cable. I'm happy I bought this!

Destiny: Limited Edition - Xbox One
Destiny: Limited Edition - Xbox One
13 used & new from $114.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the new favorite!, September 10, 2014
Finally got home last night to jump back into Destiny on Xbox One! It took less than 20 minutes to open the pacakge, install the disk, apply the update and start creating my Awoken Hunter destined to Become Legend. I'm not sure how the up to three hours install times people are claiming is happening... The game is beautiful on screen! No bugs or glitches found during my play time last night.

I'm missing what the difference is between Human, Awoken and Exo other than character customization. Once you're in game you only see your "face" at the tower and species has no affect on skills or class.

Can't wait to get home and play more tonight!

Star Wars: The Old Republic - 5500 Cartel Coins + Exclusive Item [Online Game Code]
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The better deal, September 8, 2014
I happened to purchase a second time from Amazon and actually caught it for $34.99 at the time. Anyway, the 5500 Cartel Coins code is the better deal either way. I use Cartel Coins to purchase items from the Cartel Market for my characters (armor, weapons, customizations). Cartel Coins are also required for some account items such as character transfers and name changes.

ClosetMaid 3921 Over The Sink Drainer, White
ClosetMaid 3921 Over The Sink Drainer, White
Price: $16.99
6 used & new from $16.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to find another one of these!, September 8, 2014
These little dish racks are great for small families (like my wife and I) and they take up no extra counter space. So it would probably be great for a couple living in an apartment. This dish rack will last you for many years. The one I ordered replaces one we've used for around 8-10 years. There's a sepearate basket for utensils that hangs on the side that you can purchase. We tend to dry and put away our dishes right after washing so this works out great!

Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN 8.0-Inch 32 GB Tablet gold
Toshiba Encore 2 WT8-B32CN 8.0-Inch 32 GB Tablet gold
Offered by Urpi
Price: $99.99
55 used & new from $58.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little Windows 8 tablet!, August 15, 2014
I was looking for a Windows 8 tablet for under $200. The tablet needed to run off Windows 8, be less that 10 inches but greater the 5 inches in size, have at least 32GB of memory and be expandable. The Toshiba Encore 2 fit the bill perfectly! Bonus... It's actually a PC! The whole Windows 8 experience has captured me now and I wish I had made the upgrade earlier. I recently bought a new laptop as an upgrade to four year old Windows 7 laptop and instantly fell in love with Windows 8! Windows 8 apps take up very little space and you can still run traditional programs. The Desktop is still there for people having difficulty with the UI paradigm change.

What I Like:
- It's Windows 8.1. It's really a PC! One Drive (cloud) is a huge convenience. I don't need sit down with my laptop to browse the web or check social media. It's all right here on this little PC.
- Programs can be installed on the internal memory or on a removable microSD chip. I purchased a 128GB mircoSD and I think that will be plenty of room for music, pictures and video, or any programs I might want to install in the future. I've gotten by with 64GB on my iPhone 5S and an older iPod Touch.
- The Encore 2's display is bright and sound is excellent from the speakers.
- The single microUSB jack on the top has not posed a problem for me. It connects to the AC adapter to keep the tablet battery charged like it's supposed to.
- It costs less than half as much as an iPad 4 with half the memory. You get more for your money.
- Oh, it comes with Microsoft Office 365!!!

What You Might Not Like:
- Does not have a miniHDMI jack, which the original Encore has. While this was an item I initially wanted, it is also something I have never used with three previous devices I've owned (camera, PSP and PSVita). Well, maybe once on the camera, I think.
- Doesn't have a Apple on it.

Bottom Line: If you're looking for an inexpensive Windows tablet with great features for under $200... You've found your tablet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2015 4:29 AM PST

Targus HD3 Gaming Chill Mat for up to 18-Inch Laptop AWE57US (Black)
Targus HD3 Gaming Chill Mat for up to 18-Inch Laptop AWE57US (Black)
Offered by eBags
Price: $59.99
40 used & new from $47.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Passes Wife Test! (And I love it, too!), July 30, 2014
BLUF: Great product for excellent laptop cooling! I ended up buying two of these!

The first purchase was for my new Sager NP9377-S superwhamadyne gaming laptop. It's a 17.3" beast with lots of power which I set up this past weekend. After several gaming sessions of a few hours with the Chill Mat underneath it the Sager's high speed fans did not have to kick on! As I said, the Sager is a beast but it sits perfectly on the Chill Mat. No overhang at all. The cooling pad has two USB plugs but I'm finidng it cools the superwhamdyne just fine with only one plugged in and the fan on "3". I have no reason to adust the setting and since the cooling pad is USB powered is turns on and off with the laptop I pretty much never have to touch the dial.

I tested the Chill Mat initially on a four year old 15.6" Sony VAIO laptop (my previous gaming computer) that did a fair job of getting hot after an hour. Although I had a laptop board to rest the VAIO on I would still put a towel over my leg due to the exhaust. Just testing it on the VAIO convinced me of the cooling properties of the Chill Mat. There was not a bit of hot exhaust being ejected out the left side of the laptop as I've experienced in the past. My wife was very impressed with the cooling that I ordered a second Chill Mat that day since she's keeping my VAIO as her primary computer now. She didn't want a smaller cooling pad; she wanted this one because it does the job.

Pros: Light weight. USB powered; turns on and off with your computer. Provides excellent cooling. Very, very quiet. You could call it "whisper" quiet or "hardly noticeable" quiet, even on the highest setting. Perfect for a 17.3" heavy duty notebook computer.

Cons: The USB cable is a little bit too long for my liking and with the additional USB plug it's difficult to frap out of the way. Will add some "height" to your set up and could be an ergonomic issue for some people.

Overall: I did a lot of shopping around on Amazon comparing specifications, sizes and reveiews. If you have a large notebook computer then this is the cooling pad you're looking for.

Soondar® Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock (NOT compatible with old generation Sounddock I which CANNOT charge iPhone4)
Offered by Soondar Direct
Price: $12.59
3 used & new from $12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy solution!, July 2, 2014
I bought this Bluetooth adapter for my Bose SoundDock 2 which had a 2008 date on the bottom label. The adapter is as plug-and-play as you can get. It showed up as "iLink" and I was able to quickly connect my iPhone to it and stream music. Loves it!

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter
Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter
Price: $24.64
168 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars NOW I love it!, March 14, 2014
I'm submitting this review as this adapter was included with the Turtle Beach Ear Force Atlas headset I purchased through Amazon.

Initially, I wasn't too thrilled with Microsoft for requiring this adapter to use with aftermarket headsets. It's an obvious money grab, for the price, and Microsoft should had engineered audio and chat much better. It seems more like a first attempt rather than having done this for 13 years... Anyway, the review.

I'm impressed with how well this adapter works. More so because of the controls than anything else. Everything is at your "thumb-tips" and you never have to reach up to your headset to adjust anything during a game. You can easily change the balance of game audio vs. chat audio, mute, or change audio volume while keeping both hands on your controller. Using this adapter and the Ear Force Atlas headset I do not experience all the audio hissing and popping I get with other wireless headset. All audio, voice, power and controls are performed through the adapter. I think Microsoft is on to something and hopefully they can imiprove beyond "stereo" quality.

Turtle Beach Titanfall Ear Force Atlas Official Xbox One Xbox 360 PC Gaming Headset
Offered by Zouk
Price: $62.67
33 used & new from $31.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Headset of Three!, March 14, 2014
Okay, 4-1/2 stars... I'm impressed with this headset after using it constantly for two days since the Titanfall release! My other two pairs of headsets are the Tritton Xbox 360 and Ear Force Delta (MW3) headsets. I have to say that the Ear Force Atlas is my favorite one. The Atlas was comfortable on my cranium for several consecutive hours of fragging enemy pilots and dooming titans. Be sure to pull the headset out lightly to make the fit comfortable. After all the hissing, popping, crackling and fadeouts I experienced with the Delta I was amazed at the clarity of the Atlas. There is absolutely no extraneous audio! Complete silence when on the Xbox One dashboard! The included Xbox One Chat Adapter channels all audio, voice, power and controls and is very easy to operate with either thumb. The headset plugs into the Xbox One Chat Adapter which in turn plugs into the Xbox One controller. Chat is very clear.

If I had to say some negative things about this headset... The microphone stalk is a little too rigid, but once you bend it you're done messing with it. There are no custom audio settings or bluetooth connections, but that's also means less buttons to mess around and no batteries needed and no RF interference.

PROs:
- Comfortable to wear for hours at a time
- No RF interference
- Includes Xbox One Chat Adapter
- All controls at your "thumb-tip" with the Xbox One Adapter
- No batteries or additional wiring required

CONs:
- Mic stalk is a little too rigid
- Basic headset (not 5.1 or 7.1 as some may like)
- No custom audio settings
- No bluetooth

Overall, I am VERY pleased with this purchase! This headset is better than my Tritton Xbox 360 and Turtle Beach Ear Force Delta headsets. Four and a half stars!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2014 11:41 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5