Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for K. Garrett > Reviews

Browse

K. Garrett's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Garrett RSS Feed (Dallas, TX)

Boon Scrub Bottle Brush, Green
Boon Scrub Bottle Brush, Green
Price: $7.50
14 used & new from $7.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for Pump Parts, August 16, 2014
Good for cleaning pump parts, but the shape/size of the bristles make it hard to wash bottles without flinging water everywhere pulling it out of the bottle. I prefer the Oxo bottle brushes to these! First boon product I'm not in love with.

Gone Girl: A Novel
Gone Girl: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, August 16, 2014
So many rave reviews, but I had to force myself to get through Part 1 (aka half the book). Thankfully it got easier after that, but talk about anti-climatic. Not my favorite book by any stretch.

OXO Good Grips Batter Bowl
OXO Good Grips Batter Bowl
Price: $12.95
12 used & new from $12.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Kitchen Tool, September 10, 2012
This bowl solved a problem that I didn't even know I had! Its perfect for making muffins, cupcakes, pancakes, anything that needs to be poured. Saved me the time and the mess of spooning batter out. It really did make a big difference and made baking a more enjoyable experience!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Series)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Series)
by Stieg Larsson
Price: $10.09
1568 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Either boring or violent, August 31, 2010
I had such high hopes for this book. I don't normally read murder mystery type novels but this book garnered so much national attention I decided to give it a try. It took me several months to read this book mainly because I kept getting so bored I would stop reading and buy another book that was more interesting. The beginning of this book was so drawn out and the background behind the Wennerstrom fiasco (as well as the resolution of it, for that matter) seems like useless fluff to me. I didn't really care what happened with it. I continued to read because of a recommendation from a well respected friend but I think this book just isn't for me. I did not enjoy reading the graphic detail of the multiple sexual assaults in this book and from what I gather this subject is continued into the next 2 in the series. I understand that the author was supposedly trying to bring attention to the violence against women in Sweden as well as atone for his own involvement in a situation, but I can't help but think that writing a series that almost glorifies the subject is counterproductive to the cause. The original title "Men who Hate Women" is definitely more appropriate...

The actual mystery behind Harriet's disappearance is interesting and riveting in its own way, and Lisbeth is an intriguing character I came to love and for those reasons I gave this book 2 stars instead of 1. However, I don't think I'll be jumping at reading the next two books in the series anytime soon. I can't for the life of me understand why this book is so popular.

Wisdom (My Blood Approves Book 4)
Wisdom (My Blood Approves Book 4)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing Plot, August 24, 2010
I started reading these books just last week and at first I only tried them because they were so inexpensive. I was quickly hooked and read the first 3 in less than 2 days and then found myself anxiously checking Amazon for the 4th to be released. These books are amazing and the plot is so intriguing I can hardly put them down once I start. Wisdom is by far the best book in the series. In this book the main character finally starts to mature and develop a strong sense of self. This book has so much more action and you can tell the author has really matured as a writer in this book. Absolutely loved it and so glad I stumbled upon it. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves books that add a little bit of fantasy to your life.