Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now HTL
Profile for Roger > Reviews

Roger's Profile

Customer Reviews: 181

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Roger "Emirp" RSS Feed (usa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Hitler Is Alive!: Guaranteed True Stories Reported by the National Police Gazette
by Steven A. Westlake
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hitler is Alive! - A Compelling Read, November 17, 2015
Hitler is Alive!
Guaranteed True Stories Reported by the National Police Gazette - A original edited by Steven A. Westlake
The title of this book had me hooked at first glance :) as I was never satisfied with the all too convenient suggestion that Hitler had committed suicide & had his body burned so identification would be next to impossible.
Yes, I came to the conclusion a few years ago that Hitler must have escaped, why?
Because that's the kind of guy he was.... a cowardly but cunning AND capable rat.... and the preponderance of the evidence clearly indicates he did.
As the title suggests, the material contained within the book is a comprehensive compilation of stories from the files of the National Police Gazette, a widely popular tabloid style magazine that Westlake resurrected in 2006.
The old saying, that truth is stranger than fiction.... certainly applies in Hitler's story indeed..... for the sake of those not well versed in this controversial subject matter, I will not reveal too much of what you will discover.... but I will suggest you buckle up & hold onto your hat because it's a wild & exciting ride, one interesting fact revealed within that was unbeknownst to me... was that Hitler was never tried in any court in absentia!
Very interesting indeed.
Most people know that two German subs surrendered a few months after the war, yet few know what they were doing during their two month absence and why!....
Yes.... all that & much much more is revealed within the pages of Hitler Lives!.....far more than I suspected.
This is a quality Paperback book, as it is well put together so that it reads easily & fluidly, and at 417 pages long... there is plenty of meat on the bones of this one to chew on.
Yes, in a sense....even today Hitler IS alive....
in the bitter hearts & minds of his Nazi followers who idolize him even to this very day.
Many thanks to Mr. Westlake for this outstanding book.

Health o meter Nuyu Sleep System with Temperature Cycle Technology
Health o meter Nuyu Sleep System with Temperature Cycle Technology

4.0 out of 5 stars Nuyu Sleep System, November 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Nuyu Sleep System is an interesting Idea, as it regulates the temperature of the water filled sleeping pad throughout the night as you sleep.
The build quality of this device appears to be very good.... to utilize the sleep system, you must interface with it through a free app after logging in with an account.
Set up is quick & easy...
get yourself one 16.9 oz. bottle of purified/spring water & a small flashlight, attach the mattress hose to the main unit, unscrew the water reservoir cap, fill to the max fill line...this is where the flashlight comes in handy as the water level window is small & it is hard to see exactly where the water level is at without some extra light.
Plug the unit in, and activate by pressing the zzz button, keep the water bottle at the ready because it is filing up the thin tubing that is interlaced throughout the mattress.... & as soon as it beeps add a little more water until it stops beeping for more, seal reservoir with cap.
Now you are ready to interact with the device using the app on your smartphone or whatever you have the app installed on.
After my 1st night sleeping on the Nuyu... I was sold... the mattress is really comfortable....heck, this has turned my bed into a part memory foam/part waterbed "hybrid" bed :)
This can only help this winter in my eyes... as now I have extra padding that is heated underneath me....I find the Length, width & thickness of the mattress to be just about right....any thicker would be too thick, any thinner would be too thin to make a difference.
Lengthwise, the mattress is about the size of the average persons torso.
The unit itself is attractively styled...& also very quiet, I never even heard it... because I was sleeping! lol
I am giving this a four star rating, as it loses one star for a ... "factor of user unfriendliness"
and by that I mean, they should have given us the option of using it with or without the other words we should be able to operate it as a stand alone unit, or use it with full app functionality.
A minor nit-pik, but I stand by it :)
All in all I really do like this "smart" water mattress ... If you are tired of tired of tossing & turning... maybe this can help?

Frigidaire 308-2414FR Square LED Forecast Station, 5.5
Frigidaire 308-2414FR Square LED Forecast Station, 5.5
Price: $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bold Simplicity, November 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Frigidaire Square LED Forecast Station stands in stark contrast to most weather stations that try to "do it all", as it is a basic bare bones LED display panel that provides only the most pertinent information... time, inside/outside temperature & icons that depict weather forecasts.
This Frigidaire weather station is an "atomic" self setting system that self calibrates date & time, the station sports an alarm for the clock as well.
The station uses a remote sensor that requires 2 AAA batteries, the station itself has a "back up" function to save settings if unplugged that uses a watch type battery, yet none is provided. No big deal really... the unit is easy to set & works fine without it.
The station comes with a plug in power supply unit that has a cord of adequate length, about 5 feet.
One nice feature is the "dimmer" button allowing you to select between a bright display or a muted one.
I am something of a weather station fanatic :) ... I have lots of them scattered about the place....and while the Frigidaire is not the fanciest with all the bells & whistles... it's bold simplicity with it's big easy to read numbers has a certain appeal that I DO like.
I have mounted this in my bedroom on the wall so I can clearly see the time & temps at a glance 11 feet away.
As far as temperature accuracy... indoors is spot on, & outdoors is either right on ... or plus/minus a few degrees which is within the acceptable range. The forecast function has been 100% spot on.
All in all the Frigidaire weather station scores a respectable 4 stars.

IRIS USA CL-205 Cat Tree, 6-Tier
IRIS USA CL-205 Cat Tree, 6-Tier
Price: $165.77
2 used & new from $165.77

4.0 out of 5 stars IRIS USA Cat Tree, November 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The IRIS cat tree arrived sooner than expected & in a large box that was in surprisingly good condition considering it's weight.
Upon opening it was apparent that everything was in order & nothing damaged, excellent.
I unpacked immediately to make sure all pieces were present & began organizing them accordingly in my garage.... you will need some elbow room to put this together... it is fairly large overall, but.. it's footprint is really not that big, it's just tall, around 7 ft. 4 inches.
In fact, after getting it all together... I realized it was just too tall for where I wanted it to go, so I altered it so it still has all the various perches, it's just about a foot shorter now.
OK, you will need about an hour-hour & a will need to take your time as although the instruction/diagram is accurate, the various pieces themselves might be mislabeled as mine were.
Except for the parts with the wrong numbers on them, assembly went smoothly.... that is until I tried to attach the side "walls" of the enclosed area at the top of the curvy ramp, as the fabric was cut entirely too short... so making a connection was impossible, therefore the material was just dangling there looking ridiculous.
Fixing that took a little ingenuity & a lot of time, but in the end it was worth it, as it really looks great.
After getting everything squared away I wheeled it into the living room on a dolly.... lol you should have seen the cats eyes light up, as soon as I had it in place she was exploring all of it's nooks & crannies.... yes she loves it.
The two tone beige & brown "carpeting" looks very nice, & looks right at home... but...
A few of the cat perches/hideouts are just too small for our cat..... and she is not a "big" cat at all.... so that is a bit disappointing.
This tree offers the cat something new to explore & play on so, despite the few shortcomings ... I am happy with this cat tree... I know the cat is.
Pros... easier to assemble than it looks ....very tall/lots of levels & play areas..... looks attractive... cats love it....sturdy... small foot print
Cons... poor quality control... some of the cat "hideout" areas are only big enough for small cats/kittens.... carpet like material covering tree is a bit on the cheap side of things.
All things considered, the IRIS 6 Tier cat tree scores 4 stars.

Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS HDMI DVI VGA (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Display
Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS HDMI DVI VGA (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Display
Price: $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer 23.8 inch IPS Full HD Widescreen Monitor, November 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The unit arrived in perfect shape in a well packaged box... set up was quick & easy, just about as painless as it gets, as.. unless you have never done this before... there is no need to read instructions, just plug n play.
No manual display adjustments of any kind were required on my end as the monitor optimizes itself accordingly.
Now this is a display you must see for yourself to really appreciate... as the wide screen in conjunction with the minimized frame really provides for an outstanding viewing experience.
The circular monitor stand attaches quickly & easily without any tools needed as the screw provided has a neat little handle that pivots out so you can grip & twist with your fingers.
The stand allows for tilting forward & back, but not side to side.
I set this up for testing underneath a 28 in. display monitor of a different brand... and the 23.8 in widescreen looks almost as big as the 28 in display.. I know it isn't, but the near frameless design combined with the widescreen & HD ...really makes it appear bigger than it actually is, especially in a darkened room.
No speakers to speak of onboard this monitor, not that it matters... they were kind of like those tiny arms dangling on the sides of a T-Rex... useless :)
What I would like to see in their place though is... a remote, nothing fancy mind you... just a small simple remote so I don't HAVE to fumble around to find buttons if I want to access the menu.
This display screen sports IPS, (in plane switching) which optimizes angled viewing.... and it works pretty good, but it is not flawless, as if the angle is too extreme the picture loses definition & color. But realistically few would ever use the screen that way so the point is moot.
The resolution factor on this screen is astounding.... as the contrast ratio is 100 million : 1
The monitor has all the plug in options you need, HDMI, VGA, DVI ... and comes with a VGA cord so you are good to go out of the box.
This display unit also boasts the latest energy saving technology, allowing you to enjoy more screen time for less dime.
All in all... this is a GREAT display monitor, I think that for the price... this is about the best deal out there right now.
The Acer 23.8 HD Widescreen monitor is a bona fide five star general, highly recommended.

Oxford NY Men's French Terry Hoodie
Oxford NY Men's French Terry Hoodie
Price: $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoodie TIme, October 25, 2015
The Oxford NY Men's Hoodie is quality casual apparel, that is apparent right off, after trying it on I was pleased with the cut, color & look of this garment...
The XX large fit a tad big, but that was resolved easily by shrinking it a little with a quick wash & dry.
Now it fits perfect & looks great too... this "steel gray" color works for me
The hoodie itself is generously cut.... large enough so that you can wear it over a baseball cap, sweet :) no drawstring though.
The material is a bit on the light side of things, so it is good for cool fall weather... but not anything below 40 degrees IMO.
The Oxford NY Men's Hoodie is sure to please just about anyone that gets into one... highly recommended.

ASUS M32AD Desktop (Core i3, 8GB, 1TB, Windows 10) with Keyboard and Mouse
ASUS M32AD Desktop (Core i3, 8GB, 1TB, Windows 10) with Keyboard and Mouse
Price: $329.94
8 used & new from $329.94

5.0 out of 5 stars ASUS M32A - Great Computer/Great Price, October 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The ASUS M32AD arrived well protected in it's box with a quality foam shock absorber embracing the tower from top to bottom, so there was nary a dent or scratch to be seen anywhere... which is fortunate as this IS a nice looking machine that will compliment any desktop it happens to find itself on.
Set up was super easy... seriously, fastest ever..... before I knew it I was online, as this PC sports WIFI connectivity....sweet!
You need to supply your own speakers though, the M32AD comes with just the keyboard, mouse & power cord.
Of course many want to know if this is a good gaming machine....
as it is out of the box, no.... unless you are playing games like candy crush that are not taxing on system resources.
But it is a good foundation to build upon, all you really need to do is get a decent video card & new power supply unit & you are good to go.
A hard core gamer might not be satisfied with that though, as to max out the graphics more CPU muscle may be in order.
But for the casual gamer/web surfer... this is really a great computer!
Fortunately I was already acquainted with Windows 10, so I was able to jump right in without slowing down .... the first thing I did was install anti-virus software... I downloaded some free software that works very well I found right here on Amazon.
It just occurred to me that so far, every ASUS product I have used... I have liked... and that trend continues because there is a lot to like about this tower... I have been testing this machine for over a week now & can say that this is the most trouble free computer I have ever had/used ....I have not had one single issue whatsoever.... it just works & works well.
And quiet too! .... you have to try just to hear anything going on in there.
The tower is as you can see... set up to sit at a slight angle ... which is nice as that makes it easier to pop disks in & out of the optical drive.
The keyboard itself is OK, but I prefer lighted boards so I will in time replace it... I can live with the mouse though.... but the cord is a bit short so I will need to get a USB cord extender to resolve that.
And I will likely add some USB ports as well... you can never have too many USB ports :)
YouTube videos, DVD & streaming movies all played flawlessly for me & looked pretty darn good on my 28 In. BenQ monitor doing it.... you have your choice of VGA or HDMI video out connections too.
All in all... this a capable machine that performs well, and for the price.... it really cannot be beat!
The ASUS M32AD tower merits Five stars .... all day long.

FLIR Systems MR160 Imaging Moisture Meter
FLIR Systems MR160 Imaging Moisture Meter
Offered by Value Testers
Price: $499.00
7 used & new from $434.13

5.0 out of 5 stars FLIR MR160 Moister Meter, October 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
FLIR has done it again! with an interesting twist in infra red application... the MR160 is a hand held moisture imaging meter that highlights & captures images of moisture problem areas wherever they may be hiding in a building/house, & it does it very well.
The MR160 comes packaged with everything you need to get busy right off... a handful of plug adaptors assuring you will be able to power up just about anywhere in the civilized world you find yourself... a USB/charging cord, & a pin probe attachment for obtaining exacting measurements.
The unit may be a bit pre-charged... not sure but I powered it up until the blue charge light turned off before testing.
It was raining outside the day of testing.... it became immediately apparent that my old windows are not doing a good job keeping the H2o out, as I could clearly see seepage on the color display screen.
The majority of the unit's surface area is covered in rubberized "armor" providing protection against the inevitable incidental bumps /dingers that occur with even our most well cared for tools... as well as providing for good finger grip.
The control interface is intuitively laid out, & very easy to pick up right away.... as far as operational specifics go... the user manual is indeed thorough, but a bit hard to read as the print is on the side of things small.
Using the device is basically as simple as this... power it on, scan the area, when an area highlights in blue, use the laser pointer to aim if need be... take a picture if need be... attach probe to the unit, use menu to change to pin mode & obtain precise reading using probe...
I find FLIR products a pleasure to use... as they are smartly designed... well built & dependable, they do what they are designed to do without question... & they are all user friendly, quality & ease of operation are apparently cornerstone concepts at FLIR.
The MR160 also has a high moisture alarm mode option that you can set & adjust in the menu.... pretty neat.
There seems to be one thing missing though, a nice carry pouch/case that attaches to your belt would be great ... but that is nit picking I guess.
The MR160 is also useful for locating areas that are poorly insulated against the cold, as these areas will be highlighted in blue as well.
All in all, the FLIR moisture meter is a solid performer, & so warrants a full 5 stars.

HP S7000 2.1 Speaker System (K7S77AA#ABL)
HP S7000 2.1 Speaker System (K7S77AA#ABL)
Price: $42.23
4 used & new from $30.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound!, October 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This little speaker system will surprise you.... I know it did me, as the first time I heard how rich & dynamic music sounded coming through them I was amazed!
Seriously... while they wont "rattle your roof" they deliver a quality listening experience that I thoroughly enjoy.
These are "plug n play" speakers, & are of course very easy to set up.....
I found myself pulling out my files of old recordings of FM radio from many years ago out just to hear how they sound through these speakers... as the HP S7000 was breathing new life into them... yeah, they are that good.
One nice energy saving feature it has, is that if you forget to switch it off... it will turn itself off after a set period of time of non use.
For the price, these are really hard to beat IMO ..... highly recommended.

Cyberlink PowerDirector 14 Ultimate
Cyberlink PowerDirector 14 Ultimate
Price: $79.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Add Pizazz to your Videos, October 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is just what I needed, a user friendly video editor that is comprehensive enough to be a bit challenging.
I do not have much video editing experience at all.... but with this software I am finally getting somewhere & having fun doing it.
The Power Director package comes with 2 disks, a quick start guide & takes about a half hour or so to install....but is simple & straight-forward & everything seems to run perfectly on my "not so great" PC running Windows 7.
If you do not a working disk drive... you can download everything online from their site ... see instructions for their web address.
For me to wrap my mind around this, I had to just play with it & learn by trial & error.... but it was in no ways tedious as I enjoy figuring things out on my own.
And their is so much to experiment with I am still learning... I really like the slow motion feature, as it adds a "WOW" factor to action videos that completely captures your attention.
If you like making videos... I think you will enjoy using this software as much as I have, there is no doubt you will find something useful you will like...
Highly recommended.