Profile for Roger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 151

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Roger "Emirp" RSS Feed (usa)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Fly Web Fly Trap
Fly Web Fly Trap
Offered by Discount Pest Supply
Price: $32.00
14 used & new from $29.80

4.0 out of 5 stars DeBugged, August 1, 2015
This review is from: Fly Web Fly Trap (Lawn & Patio)
I really like this little Fly Web unit...
It works great... the size it just about perfect, any bigger & it would be hard to find a place to put it... any smaller & you would have to change the glue board too often for it to be a practical affair.
I placed this in the garage, and it started catching small flying insects immediately, 24 hours later.. the board had a wide variety of bugs caught in it's sticky "web".
This is now my 1st line of defense against flying insects ... stopping most of the unwanted visitors before they can gain further entrance.... every time the garage door is opened a few bugs invariably find their way in, there is just no getting around it...but now...few flying pests ever make it out alive
The trap puts out a fair amount of light, without going over the line to the point of being a literal eyesore...
even so...this is not something you are going to put in your bedroom, as you would need to wear your sunglasses at night just to sleep :)
I found a real sweet spot for this over the back door in the garage, as there is an outlet mounted sideways right over the door... well, I discovered there is an advantage to mounting it sideways like that...as it makes it easier for bugs to find their way in, & it makes it easier for me to change the glue boards because I do not need to get up on a stepladder to reach it, so I can just reach up & slide them in & out easily....plus, it just looks good sitting sideways over the door, as if it was intended to be used that way.

Ok ... that is the good, now for the bad
No on/off switch! DOH!
that, & that alone is all that this device is lacking ...as others have said, if it had an on/off switch it would rate five stars all day long, & it's true...
the lack of the switch is a real let down, as plugging/unplugging the unit daily is kind of a hassle ... & in truth few will be able to do so day in day out without fail.... which means the light bulb will burn out twice as fast as it would if you COULD turn it on/off.
Then there is the glue board issue...
Which is as I see it something of a double edged sword...as yes they do work, and yes they are without sound or smell, all very good...
But... it can be somewhat expensive to use year round, as the boards can fill up quickly...if you live in an area of heavy bug infestation, well that could add up over time.
All in all....
I am happy with this purchase & would do so again....
There is no sound, smells ... the unit is easy to service...it looks good & serves as a garage night light..
and most importantly it WORKS!
I would like to see...
the addition of the on/off switch...AND
A pivot point above the plug in, yet below the bulb...that would allow the user to angle the device sideways in either direction if need be... this will allow the unit to be utilized more effectively as being able to tilt the device will open up a greater number of possible outlets to be used... because, some outlets in prime locations are situated so that there is just not enough overhead clearance above the unit to fit it in where you would prefer it to be.
These changes would of course raise the price point....but IMO the device would be far more user friendly & a bit more cost effective over the long term... which is good for the consumer & the manufacturer as they would ultimately sell more units.
Also... a variety of color offerings would be nice... black, white, tan? being able to pick a color that compliments the look of the room you want it in would be an admittedly unnecessary, but nice touch.
But for now, it is what it is.... which is really pretty good, but not 100% great.
If you have a flying bug problem... the Fly Web trap WILL help debug your house, yeah... I guess I should stress that point, this is an indoor only product...an indoor porch placement would be fine, just don't let it get wet.
It is nice to know that I am now well ready for those pesky fruit flies that come to visit every year... yes, this FlyWeb unit combined with a few vinegar traps will make short work of them :)

HJ Scott WMP Pacific Heights Wall Mount Pub Table, Cherry
HJ Scott WMP Pacific Heights Wall Mount Pub Table, Cherry
Price: $53.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Near Perfect Pub Table, July 30, 2015
This is a super nice little wall table, the wood is high quality, you would not believe how heavy this little table is, cherry is a very dense & solid wood.
Although the instructions are on the side of things sparse... and the hardware supplied seems insufficient ...
it is well within the range of things easily doable.
But then again, it all depends on your particular situation... it may well be the case that procuring someone with handyman/carpentry skills is in order for you.... after all, what matters in the end is that it is done right so it looks & "works" right for you.
The only way this table comes up short is....
it needs a backboard.... as IMO wall/pub tables with backboards are just much better looking & user friendly.
I decided to make one, & had it ready to go before the table even arrived :) in my particular situation though,
I really HAD to make a backboard.... as I mounted it on a support beam on my porch, which offered no place to screw the table onto...so the backboard became the attachment point for the table, which was then fixed to the beam.
All in all it turned out really nice & was fairly easy.... it was well worth going the "extra mile" to make this pub table work for me.
Despite the meager hardware supplied & bare bones instructions, I am happy with this purchase as the table IS very nice!
So that being the case.. this Pacific Heights Pub table scores a solid five stars... as It is one of the nicest little wall tables you will find, and... it is reasonably priced.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Crabby - Funny Beach Signs Quotes 16"x16" Wall Decoration Typography Art Colorful Image Printed on Canvas Stretched and Framed Ready to Hang from Picture it on Canvas
Offered by Picture It On Canvas
Price: $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice on porch, July 30, 2015
This is a great canvas sign, it is really well made, & should look good for years.
I hung this on the inside of the porch near the entrance... & it hits the mark spot on!
Colors are bright & bold and they pop on the textured canvas... and the size it just right, not overly large or too small.. Love it!
The sign comes ready to hang with a nice attachment point at the appropriate spot on the back... all you need is a hammer & nail & your good to go....
Also...the canvas sign arrived faster than estimated ... and was well packed so it was in perfect condition, huzzah to the shopkeep!
This Crabby canvas sign merits 5 stars all day long :) highly recommended.

Amzdeal Mosaic Glass Solar Lantern Color Changing Mosaic Garden Solar Night Light Waterproof/ Weatherproof GlassCrystal Glass Globe Ball Table Flameless Light Globe Ball Table Flameless Light Lamp for Garden, Patio, Party, Yard, Balcony Outdoor/Indoor Decorations
Offered by AMZDEAL Direct
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice porch lights, July 30, 2015
These lamps are really very cool, they even look good during the day.... but at night of course, they really shine.
Simple, easy to use design... they charge up quick & hold the charge until you need it, then seem to last forever.
They say it is"waterproof" ... but I'm sure they are only weather/water resistant.
I made a few small shelves just to hold two of these lamps by the doorway on the porch... WOW do they look great! and the lamps look good too! lol :)
The selector switch is a bit on the delicate side of things...so use gentle but firm pressure when sliding back & forth, & don't press down on it...the instructions stress that point.
Funny thing is... that was my 1st inclination, because the slider switch is covered with a rubber "boot" ... so at 1st it looks like a button you are supposed to press, not slide back & forth.
These solar powered lanterns are a great idea who's time has come... & I'm glad I found them...
The Mosaic Lanterns deserve nothing less than 5 stars .... highly recommended.

NACH WZ-764 Semi-Circular Drop-Leaf Balcony Table, 42.3-Inch by 22.4-Inch
NACH WZ-764 Semi-Circular Drop-Leaf Balcony Table, 42.3-Inch by 22.4-Inch
Price: $167.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Table, July 29, 2015
This is a GREAT folding table, the Shorea hardwood is very nice & the design is superb.
The table itself deserves 5 stars...
BUT... mine arrived badly damaged, fortunately it is being replaced.... I wish they could say when it will be shipped...
yet what goes without saying is...
what a great looking table!
There is a bit of pre installation assembly that needs to be done, such as attaching the backboard... the table comes with most screws you need, but I used some heavier duty ones I had on hand.
Instructions are not very helpful ...as they require you to figure things out as best you can, the prospect appears intimidating at 1st... but if you take your time & study things carefully... things will start clicking for you.
If you are not into doing such things yourself or just do not have the time, it might be a good idea to get a carpenter or handyman to do it for you. as what matters most is that it is done right the 1st time.
The porch looks great with this table, despite the harsh treatment by the shippers and the trouble incurred ... I am pleased with this purchase.
All things considered ... the table deserves 5 stars all day long.... & so does Amazon for their great customer service.

Monoprice 16,000 mAh Portable Charger for Universal/Smartphones - Non-Retail Packaging
Offered by Monoprice
Price: $32.72
3 used & new from $28.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Monoprice Portable Smartphone Charger, July 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great little? charger, I say ? because if it were any larger or heavier .... it wouldn't be little... seriously... they really "hit the mark" spot on when designing this...as they made it as big & powerful as possible without going over the line & making it so big/heavy that it would be more of a burden than a boon....being a conceptual design engineer myself, I can appreciate that.
You never know when & where you are going to need to boost up a smartphone or tablet ... & having this with you to back you up can really come in handy.
And... it has a little flashlight built into it... I think that is a pretty good idea as it puts out enough light to be a very handy during a power outage.
This charger is a little brick powerhouse... as it can charge up my Iphone & tablet at the same time & it still has more to give.
And I find this charger's form to be on par with it's function...meaning it's "fit & finish" is very nice.... & it is indeed pleasing to look at & hold.
The charger comes boxed in a non descript workaday box that only it's mother could love :)
but who cares, no one is buying it for it's box, right?
This portable charger is going to get allot of use this summer, as I intend to keep it handy & at the ready at all times... because having back up power really is great to have when you really need it... for instance, I live in an area that loses power frequently... I have weathered outages lasting up to a week, & in those circumstances... you need arrange every advantage you can for yourself possible...
and having this little powerhouse at the ready is going to be yet another factor in my favor when such times come my way again.
This portable charger deserves nothing less than five stars as it scores high on all counts...
Price is very reasonable.
Form is pleasing & unit is simple & easy to use
Function is flawless
The Monoprice Portable charger is a "sure bet" buy... it's just a great product, highly recommended.

Belkin Universal Mobile Keyboard Case, Wirelessly Pairs Two Smartphones and/or Tablets, Compatible with iOS and Android
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Keyboard, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really love this device, as I have never been a fan of pecking at a tiny touchscreen keyboard.
The Belkin Universal wireless folding keyboard Lets you pair up via Bluetooth two smartphones and/or a tablet simultaneously....I paired up my Iphone 5c and an 8in Fire tablet no problem.
Pairing is quick & easy, but you must charge the keyboard up before doing so....or you will get nowhere fast :)
There is a slider selector switch on the backside of the unit...which toggles back & forth between device # 1 & # 2
and after depressing the proper two operating system selection keys simultaneously, a light will flash purple when pairing #1 [left] & blue when pairing #2 [right]
The keyboard works with both Android & IOS devices, so odds are you are sure to connect.
The keyboard powers itself on/off when you open/close the protective keyboard cover...I find this simplified design to be delightful... also,this keyboard is lightweight, but sturdy... there is a perceptible feeling of quality about it.
The functional performance of the keyboard itself is spot on....the keys have a very good resistance factor to them... not too stiff or too flat.... I had allot of fun last night using it in a chat room.... SO much easier & more practical than using the touchscreen.
AND... I discovered that your devices do not really need to be situated on the keyboard for the keyboard to work with them.... once they are successfully paired of course, so you can place your phone/tablet wherever is convenient as you type away.
This product really is helpful & useful to me, as it has solved the touchscreen keyboard "problem" that has been keeping me from using my devices to their fullest capacities.... meaning... now I am going to realize more value than ever before from my smartphones & tablets.
This is one of those things that I had to try for myself, before I could fully see just how useful it would be for me... so glad I did!.. Thanks Belkin :)
I rate this at five stars .... as it fulfills a need, is well made, fun to use & just works great!

Celestron 71333 Nature DX 10x42 Binocular (Army Green)
Celestron 71333 Nature DX 10x42 Binocular (Army Green)
Price: $99.99
24 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 10x42 - Must See to Believe, July 22, 2015
I have been needing a new pair of binocs for a long time, yet every time I "looked" into them... the price tag of good ones scared me off.
Well thanks to Amazon's sale the other day, I finally got what I needed at a good price.
After reading the reviews, I knew these must be a good pair... but I was not expecting them to be AMAZING!
I kid you not, these are incredible.... & they are truly the perfect pair of binoculars for me...as they are just right in every regard...
They are powerful enough to get face to face with whatever you are looking at, yet not too big & heavy so that the image becomes hard too stabilize.
And any smaller, they would not be powerful enough... and the green color is spot on for me...like I said, they really are perfect.
I have never seen such a clear image in ANY binoculars...ever.
That's not to say I am an "expert" in bino's... but I have seen enough to know exceptional quality when I see it.
There is just something about them, that makes looking into the forest on a sunny summer day magical...as the image seems to be in HD, like it has extra clarity... it really is something that has to be seen 1st hand to fully understand what I am trying to impart.
I am glad I waited so long to get a pair.... as these were worth the wait!
The Celestron 71333 Nature DX 10x42 is a solid 5 star general... highly recommended.

George Foreman GFO201RX Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Red
George Foreman GFO201RX Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Red
Price: $104.11
3 used & new from $88.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Grillin with George, July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well I set up the George Foreman Ceramic grill today for a test run .... and I must say the shiny red grill cover looks pretty spiffy on my porch :)
Set up was quick & easy, all told it was unboxed & good to go in ten minutes.
What caught my eye on this was, the ceramic grill... as I recently switched to ceramic frying pans & they are really great.
Before putting any meat on the grill, you want to clean it off real good.... then heat it up, & clean it again.
Repeat this a few times just to be safe... as it burns off toxins picked up in the manufacturing process.
I went out to the grocery store & found a suitable looking test subject, & came home with a juicy porterhouse...
After fastidiously cleaning the ceramic surface, I was ready to burn some meat... so I set the dial on 5, waited a few minutes & tossed the steak on the grill, & after about five minutes on each side... it was perfectly medium well done.
Verdict... Excellent, this is as good as this kind of electric grilling gets...that was one delicious steak.
And cleanup ....was a snap, as the ceramic plate wiped clean easily with wet paper towels.... sweet.
So.. all in all, this is a pretty good grill...
Pros -
selectable temperature dial
Nice looking
ceramic grill plate
Power cord is not too short.
Reasonably priced/not too expensive
Electrically heated grill = quick, safe, easy grilling
Cons -
Ceramic plate does not detach for cleaning
A bit wobbly - though that can be remedied with a little ingenuity.
Grill cover is not attached

I think this is Foreman's best electric grill yet, & I am looking forward to using it allot this summer... Thanks George!

Sentinel FM120P 12-Sheet High Security Micro-Cut Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder with Pullout Basket, Black
Price: $119.99
5 used & new from $107.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stout Performer, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Sentinel FM120P is a little powerhouse, I put it through it's paces today.....
For over an hour I fed it all kinds of things, envelopes, all manner of paper, a credit card, a CD, some very light cardboard ect.
By the time I was finished, the Sentinel had a full belly.... and was ready for more.
Although a bit warm... it showed no signs of overheating.
The FM120P is a smart looking piece of equipment & takes up little space.... I have hardly any space to spare, yet was easily able to find a convenient spot to locate it, the rollers are a really nice touch.
Being able to quickly & easily shred sensitive information such as credit card statements is a great thing... as it removes the worry of what could possibly happen if you throw them out in the trash.
The Sentinel comes with a very nice user manual, as you may know.... user friendly instructions/manuals are a rarity these days...
but this is one of the best, it is easy to read, well illustrated, & made of high quality material.. it is made to last.
This product impresses me as above average quality, and I am very pleased to own one.... frankly it is kind of fun to use :)
The only improvement I can think of to suggest is to offer them in a variety of colors... black, red, white, tan ect. but really the color is fine as it is.
IMO The Sentinel FM120P warrants a full 5 stars.... so that's what it get's.... 5 big ones :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16