Profile for Nozama > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 132

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nozama "Emirp" RSS Feed (Maine/usa)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
adidas Men's GSG-9.2 Tactical Boot,Black/Black/Black,11.5 M
adidas Men's GSG-9.2 Tactical Boot,Black/Black/Black,11.5 M
Offered by Botach Tactical
Price: $149.00

4.0 out of 5 stars GSG 9 Tactical Boot, September 3, 2014
These are damn fine boots, very well made & comfortable.
I gambled a bit by ordering a half size larger & I am glad I did as the boot fits perfect...JUST enough room for an extra pair of socks if need be...but tight enough so I do not really need to wear another pair.
These are good looking boots.... a bit on the "shiny" side of things...but in time that will likely change with wear.
They are stealthy too... in that you can move about nicely without making too much noise.
On the downside....they are a bit warm... so much so I have relegated them to fall/winter service....as the high tops will serve nicely to keep snow out & off of my ankles.
Also they are just a wee bit heaver than I would like for a summer boot.
Yes, I have very definitive preferences because I know what works for me....& I make no compromises in that regard as your shoes are your foundation platform & everything else is riding on their performance factor....literally.
The tread offers very good grip with little slip....& seems well tailored for most terrain & flooring.
The biggest gripe I have is a small one lol.... in that they are somewhat tedious to take off....oh well, such is the case with most high tops so no surprise there, I would like to try these with a side zipper though.
All in all these are some very fine boots that I believe will provide many months of satisfying service....highly recommended.

Barnett Jackal Crossbow Package (Quiver , 3 - 20-Inch Arrows and Premium Red Dot Sight)
Price: $275.79
88 used & new from $275.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Barnet Jackal Crossbow, September 3, 2014
This is a great beginners crossbow that will familiarize you with crossbow fundamentals.
Yet at the same time, it is a stout performer that is capable of taking down small, medium & large game.
The overall design is well thought out and embodies excellent ergonomics as it is pleasing to hold & shoot.
It comes with a nice crossbow scope that has both red & green reticles ... with 3 vertical points to target 3 different distances...short, medium & long ranges.
This crossbow has a powerful punch, as it buries the bolts deeply into my target.
And once you get it dialed in, it has reliably consistent accuracy.
Though I have much experience with bows, this is my 1st experience with a crossbow....& let me tell you they are two very different beasts.
The traditional bow is simply more user friendly.... much easier to use & maintain.....while the crossbow is more of a serious "business only" hunting tool.
As it takes much more preparation time & attention to details to use effectively....as just the act of reloading takes much longer that a traditional recurve or compound bow.that being said....the crossbow has the advantage of "one shot one kill" as once it is tuned & dialed properly in & you have become familiar with the flight characteristics of the bolt....you will rarely miss your target....so hunting with a crossbow is more of a "sure thing" than with a regular bow. And of course with the crossbow you are cocked & locked....so there is less of a chance of spooking game by drawing back the string as with a recurve/compound.
The Jackal has a nice safety system in that it works well....as it is automatically set every time you cock it.
on the downside it does make an audible "click" every time you disengage it....so you must practice a lot with it to be able to move it slowly enough to make as little noise as possible.
The string cocking assist device is a "must have" as it works great, making cocking less of a hassle.
I ended up putting a Meprolight sight on the bow instead of using the supplied scope [put that one on a shotgun] because the Mepro is "always on" & works well in dusk/dawn lighting conditions. So for me it was a no brainer...as I don't have to remember to turn it on or off or need risk another unnecessary movement that would spook wary game.
Make sure you take the time to put the bow together properly & ensure all fixtures are securely tightened....as the slightest error in this could result in inconsistent accuracy.
AND - this is important ... make sure you load your bolt properly with the odd colored fletching down in the receiver slot as the safety WILL NOT disengage if loaded improperly!
All in all this is a fine crossbow that is perfectly suited for target shooting & hunting as well...highly recommended.

FIELD LOGIC Classic 18 Archery Block Target
FIELD LOGIC Classic 18 Archery Block Target
Price: $50.92
29 used & new from $50.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Target!, September 3, 2014
I bought this to zero in a new crossbow w scope, & it was perfect for the job.
Just the right size, not too big or small.... not too heavy or light, easy to transport to & from shooting range with the carry handle.
It seems to have just the right density factor as well... in that arrows/bolts penetrate deeply without going through.... yet are not overly difficult to remove.
Also it has five separate target bullseyes so you do not have to risk crowding the target & damaging your arrows.
Another bonus is the heavy duty closed foam material will not become waterlogged & super heavy if you leave it out in the rain.
Price is right too... highly recommended.

Fingerless SAP Gloves 8oz Shot Self Defensive Weighted Knuckle Glove (X-Large)
Fingerless SAP Gloves 8oz Shot Self Defensive Weighted Knuckle Glove (X-Large)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fingerless Sap Gloves, August 27, 2014
These are pretty nice, well made... should last a good while.
Fit is a bit tight, but basically true to size.
I bought these to use as driving gloves, so if need be I have something "handy" to put the smack down with, & they should serve that purpose nicely.
They would get 5 stars BUT...
For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to put a stiff "rubber?" insert into the palms....which if they had stricter quality control may have worked out fine... but they didn't ....as the insert in the left palm was just right in that it was thin enough not to be a problem....but the insert in the right palm was twice as thick, & it WAS a problem.
So I returned them....yet they pair I got in return was worse even as both palm inserts were too thick....DOH!
So I ended up taking a razor & cutting a slot big enough to pull them out.
Yeah, now they need to be stitched up....but at least I can use them now.
Note to manufacturer... WTF were you thinking? ....there is no need for padding in the palms!

Bates Men's GX-8 Comp Toe Side Zip Work Boot
Bates Men's GX-8 Comp Toe Side Zip Work Boot
Price: $103.99 - $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Bates GX-8 Side Zipper Boots, August 22, 2014
Now this is a boot I can work with!
Everything about it seems just right... the fit, the looks, comfort & weight, and the side zippers are a nice touch.
As I said, the fit is spot on...not too roomy or tight, & the ventilated side panels help keep your feet from overheating.
The composite toe is done right too...if you didn't already know it...you couldn't tell a reinforced toe was in place.
The boots are a bit stiff... but after they break in they should be on the side of things perfect.
Weight factor is as good as it gets in a good solid work boot, the composite toe helps in that regard.
All in all... it does not get much better, these are keepers.

Rothco Military Combat Shirt - Large - Olive Drab
Rothco Military Combat Shirt - Large - Olive Drab
Offered by Ace Mart Stores
Price: Click here to see our price
16 used & new from $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rothco Combat Shirt, August 22, 2014
Man I love this shirt...great fit...comfortable, looks good & well made.
I usually need to order extra large to get a proper fit but I ordered a large & the fit is perfect.
You know if you try & shirt on for the 1st time & you are still wearing it hours later that you have a winner :)
The zippered pockets on the sleeve are really nice too....easy & quick access as the zippers offer no resistance...smooth as silk.
Some have complained that the sleeves are too big..lol... unless you have pencil thin arms I would not worry about that.
Personally I like a little room in the sleeves so the shirt does not fight against you when you are exerting yourself while working or ....whatever ;)
Thanks Rothco... you did it right! The price is reasonable too... Me thinks I might have to get another.

Under Armour Men's UA Valsetz Side Zip Tactical Boots 11 Black
Under Armour Men's UA Valsetz Side Zip Tactical Boots 11 Black
Offered by Moon Walk
Price: $114.99
6 used & new from $114.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Under Armor Valsets Side Zip, August 21, 2014
Well, I wanted to like these Boots... but unfortunately two factors precluded this possibility.... first was the manufacturer's defect. A very small defect that a first glance you do not notice, yet due to where it was located... it made itself known after a few minutes as it felt like there was a pebble pressing into my shinbone.
The Boots fit perfect & were very comfortable, so at 1st I was reluctant to send them back.... yet after trying them on again later & walking around on the carpet trying to assess their viability.... I noticed that both boots they were softly squeaking in a baritone pitch... at 1st I was in disbelief... how can this be?...I have never worn boots that actually squeaked before... so I walked around some more....& sure enough, there was no denying it...these things were making noise with every step I took.
Well that was it....the deal breaker....I repacked them & sent them back ASAP.... I was considering living with the pebble/pain problem.... but there was no way in H I was going to wear boots that made noise with every step I took.
Yes, they look great & without defects would be a very comfortable boot....but for cripes sake! how did this design make it out the door with the noise factor in place?
I mean If they were marketed for the civilian sector, that is one thing.... but to knowingly make a boot that makes noise for those who place themselves in harms way is ridiculous.
Nuff said.

AcuRite 02027 Color Weather Station with Forecast/Temperature/Humidity
AcuRite 02027 Color Weather Station with Forecast/Temperature/Humidity
Price: $54.99
5 used & new from $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurite 02027 Weather Station, August 21, 2014
I really like this weather station, set up was a breeze... lol set up? ...all you do is plug it in & it is good to go.
One thing that drew me to this one was the moon phase indicator icon... as not many weather stations incorporate that info into their unit.
I like the display colors & information layout... looks good & is easy to quickly process.
The station is accurate enough.. as it mostly coincides with local weather forecasts... when it is off, it is only by a few degrees here or there.
What could be better is the brightness factor of the display as although there is an adjustment bar at the top of the device... it simply does not get quite bright enough to be easily read in brightly lit rooms....sunlight washes it out easily, & it can be hard to read from an angle.
So this is best placed out of reach of the suns direct influence ...the darker the room the better it looks....so a bedroom would have the highest probability of satisfactory placement.
I have mine on a wall in the kitchen that does not receive direct sunlight... [I have a different unit in my bedroom] it looks great in the evening, yet can be somewhat hard to read in the day... unless of course it is a cloudy day.
despite it's visibility shortcomings I do not regret the purchase in the slightest & find it pleasing to look at & very handy to see all the variables in the weather equation at a quick glance.... well not ALL the variables.... a wind speed indicator sure would be nice!

Cold Steel Brave Heart Kraton Handle (SecureEx Sheath)
Cold Steel Brave Heart Kraton Handle (SecureEx Sheath)
Offered by Red's Gear
Price: $57.81
63 used & new from $42.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cold Steel Brave Heart, August 20, 2014
Great little casual carry knife, I love the Scottish design... no nonsense & straight to the point.
This blade is razor sharp right out of the box, rubberized handle with thumb detents provide solid grip, also has a thumb ridge on the back for bearing down.
What I do not like... the very shiny mirror like finish... looks pretty as it flashes in the sun, but that's not what I want in a knife....they should have blued it or subdued it.
Also the sheath.... I am not a fan of these newfangled plastic doohickys... the only reason I can see Cold steel utilizes these types of sheaths is to increase their profit margin, as it would be more time/labor intensive to make a proper form fitting leather sheath.
Neck knife?.... fugetaboutit!.... you wont catch me wearing a knife necklace lol
Sorry guys... but us old timers are set in our old school ways.... because through years of experience... we know what is what.
This knife has the potential to be a great throwing knife.... in the hands of a great knife thrower that is ;)
This knife has allot of potential despite it's out of the box shortcomings ... at the very least it would make for a top notch letter opener lol
All kidding aside... I like this knife very much... & do not regret the purchase.

Cold Steel Secret Edge Knife
Cold Steel Secret Edge Knife
Price: $21.64
63 used & new from $21.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret Edge = Super Knife, August 19, 2014
This is a great little knife & has fast become a favorite.
Great design, just the right size to wear in my waistband.... with a different sheath though.... as the one it comes with really does not fit that role well.
In fact, I despise the new tactical/tech hard plastic sheaths.... as I am far more comfortable with a leather one of appropriate design.... fortunately I had just the right sized sheath handy.
This knife is SHAWP! .... single edged with a nice secure grooved thumb rest on the backside for bearing down.
And it makes a damn nice little throwing knife too... hmm maybe I'll get another... at only 25$ it's a steal... a Cold steel that is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14