Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Robin Brown > Reviews

Browse

Robin Brown's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robin Brown "~robin b~" RSS Feed (Texas)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Xbox 360
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Xbox 360
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $23.98
368 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice surprise, February 16, 2011
A friend got me to buy a copy of CoD 3, which I found quite boring and didn't bother playing very much. However, they convinced me to give the series a second chance and play Modern Warfare instead, even though I believed it would be so similar to the last one that I wouldn't care, but I'm very glad that I took that chance, because it is infinitely better than the previous game!

(The reviewer was compensated for posting this review. However, the opinion stated in the review is that of the reviewer and the reviewer alone. Further, the reviewer independently selected this product to review and has no affiliation with the product maker/distributor, Amazon or the review requester.)

Doncamatic (Feat. Daley)
Doncamatic (Feat. Daley)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorillaz aren't "all played out" yet, November 22, 2010
Releasing a single for a song that is currently not featured on any Gorillaz album seems like a bold move, but Damon Albarn did it anyway. Fortunately, it seems like a pretty good move at this point, too, because, despite favorable reviews, Plastic Beach has not made much of an impact on the charts, even with its singles "Stylo" and "On Melancholy Hill." However, with the synth-pop and dance feel of this track, perhaps Gorillaz can reach out to a wider audience than before, even though some may not even recognize that it's Gorillaz material since the style is quite unlike anything the band has performed before (though I feel like we should always expect new and different things from the band), and the vocals are provided almost exclusively by newcomer Daley from Manchester, UK. His voice is smooth and melodic, meshing nicely with the beat and giving a new, fresh feel to Albarn's iPad-composed music. Truth be told, I originally thought the vocals were done by a female, and before giving the song a proper listen, I immediately dismissed it as a random act of pity for a newbie musician, a chance for a fresh face to get some limelight while Albarn and co. focused on the world tour. Now that I've actually heard the full song and have seen the music video, I have to say that it's really grown on me. I find myself listening to it multiple times a day, yet I'm still not bored with it. Seems the newest Gorillaz single isn't "all played out" yet, at least not for me.

Prepare The Preparations
Prepare The Preparations
Price: $7.99
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Bit of Everything, October 8, 2010
When we last saw our heroes in the studio, they produced quite a firestarter with "You're Awful, I Love You", which I believed would be hard to top. However, Ludo has done it again, strutting their stuff and managing to bring a new twist to their alt-rock formula that we know and love. Their maturity (as far as musical maturity, that is) shows highly in the production of the album, and I'm especially happy to hear more of that sweet wailing guitar work from Tim Ferrell. There's a bit of everything on this album: a lament-laced drinking shanty for scallywags; a soft, slow ballad reminiscent of a 50s high school dance tune; a rock rebellion against cybernetic slavemasters; a Danny Elfman-esque spooky tale that will either have you leaving a nightlight on when you go to bed or will have you dancing in a graveyard; and the very popular stalker/pervert's jam that has become quite an earworm and inspires lewd dancing and overuse of dessert toppings. This album is superb and tasty enough without having to add any extra whipped cream.

The Orange Mountain Music Philip Glass Sampler Vol.I
The Orange Mountain Music Philip Glass Sampler Vol.I

5.0 out of 5 stars Take me to the Orange Mountain!, January 23, 2010
Sadly, I had never heard of Philip Glass before I found this sampler. I now know what I've been missing: beautiful pieces that have a magical feel to them. The sounds are so calming and at the same time spectacular, I wish I'd known about this wonderful artist before!

River's Edge
River's Edge
DVD ~ Crispin Glover
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $11.73
48 used & new from $3.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Death and Apathetic Teens, November 4, 2009
This review is from: River's Edge (DVD)
This movie really shows how dangerous apathy can be. It's both sad and scary to see that only one of the teens actually seems to care about what might happen to his murderous friend. Though the tale is a dark one, the acting of Crispin Glover really cracked me up. To be honest, I bought this movie just from seeing clips of his character, Layne, and I'm very glad that I did. Aside from Glover's hilarious lines, Keanu Reeves does a good job as a sort of "front man" for the story.

Don't buy this expecting a happy ending, because really, how happy can things be when a girl has been killed by a former friend? But it's definitely worth checking out, especially if you like Crispin Glover. (You can tell I'm a big fan from my review of "Willard" as well.) Keanu Reeves fans will probably enjoy it, too, because he perfectly emulates the laid-back 80s teen that drinks and smokes but doesn't go too overboard like he did in his Theodore "Ted" Logan role.

Willard (2003)
Willard (2003)
DVD ~ Crispin Glover
Price: $5.97
143 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Man and his Mouse, November 4, 2009
This review is from: Willard (2003) (DVD)
What can I say about this movie other than "I love it"? Glover's superb acting made me genuinely feel his emotions. As with most of his characters, once you see how pathetic and sad he is, you just want to hug him. Though rats are definitely creepy, I wouldn't call this a horror film. I really don't know what kind of genre it fits in, but I do know that it still makes me cry every time I watch it. If you love characters that you can truly sympathize with and a bit of mouse love, then this is the movie for you. Also, if you're a Crispin Glover fan anyway, check this out; if you like his other work, you'll definitely love this.

Seasick
Seasick
Offered by E&J ENTERPRISE
Price: $21.24
51 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Mellow rock for a good time, September 12, 2009
This review is from: Seasick (Audio CD)
This album is perfect for calmer days when you want something not too loud but rockin' enough for a good time. While the music is mellow, the lyrics are quirky and the vocals are funky, creating the perfect balance of zany and zen.