Profile for J. Stoner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Stoner RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

PowerGen White 4.2-Amp (20 Watt) Dual USB Wall Charger Designed for Apple iPad & iPhone
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $10.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Charge and excellent customer service!, March 27, 2014
Couldn't be more pleased! The charger works as advertised and seem to charge the phones very quickly. They also sent car chargers with LED indicator lights. One of the lights didn't work, so they sent a replacement, no questions asked! Great products, but even if you get a "bad" one they have great customer service!

Sling Media Slingbox PRO-HD SB300-100 (Old Version)
Sling Media Slingbox PRO-HD SB300-100 (Old Version)
Offered by PerfectDeal Outlet
Price: $119.95
35 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars How does it look?, January 11, 2010
So, I purchased the Slingbox PRO HD before going to Japan for the military. I wanted to watch my local sports teams and was willing to pay for it.

My setup- I have a 54" plasma TV I'm watching it on. Other ancillary devices: Tivo HD, SlingCatcher. The upload speed at the Slingbox is 20MB/s (thank you FiOS!) and download speed at the SlingCatcher is 10MB.

I'd love to say I was getting transfer rates above 3MBPS, but I am not. I've had a huge range of transfer speeds and I wanted to give an idea of how it looks at different ranges. This will help those deciding if they should upgrade their internet service, or switch services altogether.

3+ MBPS-- Looks great! Low quality HD (not blue ray by any means, but very very good). The only time it is out of synch is on fast moving scenes in football games. Fantastic and I'd be thrilled if I were always able to keep it this fast!

2.5MBPS-- Still looks great. Football gets choppy and but is still great.

1.8MBPS-- Normal TV is still HD quality. The choppiness of football is annoying enough that I don't try HD. I do 480P. Not bad. Still happy when it's here

1.5MBPS-- Normal TV starts getting choppy. I usually set it to 480P

1.2 MBPS. Always in 480P. HD is way too choppy

1.0 MBPS- 480P gets choppy. I use 480i instead. Football is very choppy.

0.8 MBPS- 480i still looks good.

0.6 MPPS- Go to lowest quality and looks decent on my huge TV. I'm annoyed when my internet sucks this bad

0.4 MBPS-- Even lowest quality is grainy and choppy. Sucky!

The quality depends totally, or almost totally on your internet speed. I get my speed clamped down by my ISP and so I get ranges all the time. Overall it's fantatic and I can't wait to watch the Super Bowl, but there are times its very frusterating.

As I was looking to buy I never saw this kind of review so I hope it's helpful...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2010 10:57 PM PST