Profile for Mimi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mimi "Jaimee" RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ, USA)

All New Square Foot Gardening
All New Square Foot Gardening
by Mel Bartholomew
215 used & new from $1.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Gardening A New Way, March 30, 2009
I enjoyed this book. I am a vegetable farmer, so some of these techniques will not work for me, but I can see a real benefit for a family that doesn't have a lot of space. Informative and entertaining.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as my Daisy Stripper, March 30, 2009
I bought this because my Daisy Stripper needed blades, and the blades I ordered took a LONG time to get here. This unit takes off more "meat" than the Daisy Stripper, but for peeling in a hurry, it still does the job.

The Vegetable Gardener's Bible: Discover Ed's High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions
by Edward C. Smith
83 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative Gardening Instruction, March 30, 2009
There was a detailed negative review that almost turned me off from buying this book. I'm glad I thought twice. What the normal vegetable grower doesn't find here you could only find in a plants genetics college course. It covers most vegetables individually, your garden or fields as a whole, soil nutrients, composting, which plants to put next to each other (and which to not put together), common pests and diseases and what to do about them, and has plenty of pictures. I would even recommend this book for a small vegetable and fruit farmer. It has helped me with my melon crops with things I hadn't thought about, like different ratios of fertilizer at different times of the plant's growth. QUITE detailed. This book is also entertaining. I enjoy reading when the author loves what he is writing about.

Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game
Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game
by John J. Mettler
Price: $11.41
91 used & new from $5.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but Thorough Book, March 30, 2009
This book is for my emergency instruction library. It covers everything from killing humanely and safely processing meat to packaging. Not a long book. There are illustrations that help spell the process out. There is not much fluff. I feel if I had to, I could figure out how to feed my family from one of our animals if needed with this book.

Rotato Blades (Set of 4)
Rotato Blades (Set of 4)
Offered by As Seen on TV Products
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Shipping Took Forever, March 30, 2009
This review is from: Rotato Blades (Set of 4)
These blades fit my Daisy Stripper just fine, but I ended up purchasing a Rotato appliance from another company (that already comes with blades) because I was desperate to get blades soon, and this customer service was pretty much non-existent. They won't even email you back until 5 weeks has passed since you ordered. So. Five weeks after I ordered these blades, they finally showed up.