Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Portland, OR USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Motorola EX34 OEM Battery Moto X XT1058 Original 2120 mAh SNN5923A - Non Retail Packaging
Offered by OEM 4 LESS
Price: $4.00
11 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Still loving my old Moto X with this new battery, November 24, 2015
Works great in my Moto X XT1060! The battery really isn't intended to be swapped out, and the process is rather involved. However, if you succeed, it will breathe new life into your phone.

Back Main Rear Camera Module For Motorola Moto X XT1060 XT1058 XT1056 XT1053
Back Main Rear Camera Module For Motorola Moto X XT1060 XT1058 XT1056 XT1053
Offered by TheCoolCube
Price: $16.09
2 used & new from $16.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed my auto-focus problems!, November 9, 2015
The auto-focus in my 2013 Moto X (XT1060) stopped working, and I suspected it was due to a damaged camera module. After replacing it with this module, it works again! While the camera in the older Moto X leaves a lot to be desired in terms of image quality, I'm no longer in a hurry to replace the entire phone. The camera replacement process is NOT for anybody who isn't extremely comfortable working on electronic equipment. To locate the step by step (by step by step...) instructions, you can search on IFIXIT for "Moto X Rear Facing Camera Replacement". While you have the phone opened up, you may want to replace the battery as well. I'm hoping to get another six to twelve months of use out of my phone now that the camera is working again.

Neo-Therm Heater, 100 watt
Neo-Therm Heater, 100 watt
Price: $41.45
26 used & new from $29.89

1.0 out of 5 stars I loved this heater for the first five months that I ..., November 3, 2014
This review is from: Neo-Therm Heater, 100 watt (Misc.)
I loved this heater for the first five months that I had it, but then it developed a failure which sent electricity into my reef tank, killing hundreds of dollars of corals and shocking the heck out of my hand. I probably just received a faulty unit, but I won't be going back to this brand again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2016 4:22 PM PST

A Field of Innocence
A Field of Innocence
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A soldier's perspective of the Vietnam War, August 24, 2014
I had the privilege of briefly meeting the author during a book reading at a local coffee shop in Portland. As he read from the pages describing situations his patrol encountered in the jungles of "the Nam," many in the room were moved to tears. Realizing that I needed to read this novel, I picked up a copy on the spot but was a little afraid of diving into such a dark subject matter, so it sat on my table for a few months before I picked it up. I found that this book provides a unique vantage point from which to better understand the Vietnam war, which I scarcely knew anything about, having been born right around the time Mr Estes was deployed there. With raw imagery and unfiltered realism, this book may not be an easy read for some, but I found the narrative to be well-paced and compelling. Thank you, Mr Estes, for your service as a Marine and as an author.

PregMANcy: A Dad, a Little Dude, and a Due Date
PregMANcy: A Dad, a Little Dude, and a Due Date
Price: $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarity amid Angst, May 26, 2014
Since I have no children of my own and no plans to have any, I can't quite put myself in the author's shoes. However, after purchasing this book as a gift for a friend who is expecting his first child, I started reading the first couple of chapters and found myself laughing so hard that my wife banned me from reading this book at bedtime since it was keeping her awake. In addition to the one I gave away, I ended up purchasing myself a copy so I could finish it. As I reached the middle of the book, I was surprised at how serious it became at times. Piatt bares his conflicted feelings and describes the struggles within himself and between him and his wife, Amy, in such a way that draws you into the drama but never leaving you more than a couple of page turns away from another hilarious anecdote. It is a tough balance to strike, but I felt that Piatt pulled it off masterfully and found the ending to be simply beautiful.

Blood Doctrine: A Novel
Blood Doctrine: A Novel
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking and fast-paced adventure, May 10, 2014
Piatt has melded technology, religion, history, and suspense together in way that keeps the reader turning pages and wondering whether or not this might actually be possible someday. Blood Doctrine is an easy read with interesting characters and a plot that develops very quickly. I found myself wishing it were longer so that some of the story elements could have been developed a bit more. I look forward to reading more works by this author.

Christmas
Christmas
Price: $9.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointing, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Christmas (MP3 Music)
This album contains a few really good arrangements, including a remake of the Drifters' White Christmas. Some of the album, though, sounds like Bublé is phoning it in. A couple of the songs, such as Santa Baby (Santa Buddy) are so cheesy that they are downright hard to listen to. Overall, there's enough here to make it worth listening to, but it doesn't take full advantage of the talent Bublé exhibits on his other albums.

Crossing Oceans
Crossing Oceans
Price: $8.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Touching story which could have been better, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Crossing Oceans (Kindle Edition)
I really wanted to like this book as much as everybody else seemed to, but it just didn't do much for me. The first few chapters held my interest, but then it sort of stalled out in the middle as the main character seemed to be pretty one-dimensional. Twice I put the book down, not planning to finish it; twice I picked it back up when stuck on a plane with nothing else handy to read and got a bit farther.

As others have noted, the injection of religion into the narrative seemed heavy-handed at times, interrupting the flow of the story. It should be possible to write a story about a religious person without it seeming like the author is trying to give a Sunday School lesson on the side.

The underlying story is a good one, and some chapters will bring tears to the eyes of most readers. I'm glad I finally finished it, but I find myself unable to recommend it for the casual fiction reader.

Hawaii The Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
Hawaii The Big Island Revealed: The Ultimate Guidebook
by Harriett Friedman
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated 6th edition was an essential part of our trip, July 17, 2011
Visiting the Big Island for the first time, my wife and I were unsure about how we wanted to organize our stay, so on the advice of a family member, we ordered this guidebook. I'm not usually a fan of books like this since I figure I can find more updated information using on-line resources. In this case, however, we found the book to be extremely useful. It became our go-to reference while on the island. Whenever we needed to find a place to eat or an activity to fill a few hours, we pulled out the book and within minutes had several options.

While some of the copy is a bit corny, we enjoyed the writing style and appreciated the honest reviews. I would definitely recommend browsing through it before traveling in order to get a feel for how the book is organized so you don't waste time doing that while on the island. If you already know Hawaii like the back of your hand, then you probably don't need this book. For the rest, this book can definitely improve your Big Island experience.

Corsair 2GB DDR2 800 MHz (PC2 6400) Laptop Memory
Corsair 2GB DDR2 800 MHz (PC2 6400) Laptop Memory
Price: $31.99
18 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Extending the life of my Dell D830, July 17, 2011
After several years of use, my Latitude D830 was starting to show its age as apps like Firefox and Skype have become more memory-hungry. After mulling over whether or not to invest in a new laptop, I decided to first try doubling the amount of RAM from 2G to 4G, replacing the original memory cards with two of these. I'm very glad I did, and I figure I've extended the life of this laptop by at least another year. This is a very cost-effective upgrade for memory-limited laptops.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3