Profile for R. Anderson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Anderson RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
MLB.com Daily
MLB.com Daily
Price: $2.99
2 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Falsely advertised and bad formatting., May 18, 2015
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
I thought by now MLB.com would have corrected the problems indicated by other reviewers. They have not.
No box scores, no standings, no schedules, no leader stats.

There are links to videos that aren't really links. Some articles indicate "More" to continue reading but clicking "More" does nothing.

Very disappointing. There is no way I would pay $2.99 for this publication with all of these problems. There are better ways to get baseball info.

Classic Accessories 55-141-045101-EC Ravenna Grill Cover, Large, Taupe
Classic Accessories 55-141-045101-EC Ravenna Grill Cover, Large, Taupe
Price: $49.74
9 used & new from $38.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Using Large Size for Weber Genesis S-310, April 1, 2015
I wasn't certain what size cover would be the best fit for the Genesis S-310. (Several reviewers state the cover is a *perfect* fit without specifying the make/model of their grill and/or the size of the cover - very frustrating.)

I settled on the large size and am satisfied with the fit. The cover hangs down to within about 2 inches of the ground in the front and back of the grill and to within about one inch of the ground on the sides of the grill. The cover is a loose fit (but not sloppy) making it easy to remove and put on the grill. If you looking for a form fitting/snug cover for the S-310, the large is not it.

Note that I only give five star ratings for near perfect products. I cannot rate this five stars yet as I do not know how it will hold up to the summer sun.

Update 5/26/15:
After almost two months of use, the warm sun has stretched the cover so that it now hangs to ground level on the sides and to about an inch front and back. I am fine with this but others might not consider this a *perfect* fit. So far, no color fading.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2015 2:57 AM PDT

Guitar Player
Guitar Player
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, March 2, 2015
This review is from: Guitar Player (Kindle Edition)
This digital mag is poorly formatted for the Kindle HDX making it difficult to navigate and read. In it's default reading mode, the display is not full screen in portrait mode (how can a mag not be full screen?). You can rotate it to landscape mode but the font is still very small and you end up with two pages side by side. You can enlarge the font with Text View mode but it does not work on all articles. Text view mode also does not work on the the sheet music diagrams. You can tap and hold to get a small magnifier on the diagrams but this will not help you to play the examples.

As for the mag content, this was also a let down. It does not cover all playing styles, there are way too many ads and many of the equipment reviews are for expensive gear.

This might be OK for a teen something or a twenty something but I cannot recommend it for the more mature player.

Crescendo CR-75 Portable Guitar Stand - Instrument Stand - Lightweight - Travel Stand - Professional Quality for Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Ukulele, Banjo, Violin and Mandolin - LIFETIME WARRANTY
Offered by Vertical Lifestyle
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stand I have Found!, January 11, 2015
Pleasantly surprised about the small size and light weight of this stand. However, despite that, the stand seems very sturdy and solidly supports my Yamaha acoustic guitar. Also, very easy to fit to the guitar.
Highly recommended!

Guitar Tab Viewer
Guitar Tab Viewer
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars As Others Stated,, January 9, 2015
This review is from: Guitar Tab Viewer (App)
App needs more songs available to download. For example, I couldn't find any Eric Church songs.

Aside from this limitation, I think the app is still worthwhile.

David Busch's Olympus OM-D E-M1 Guide to Digital Photography
David Busch's Olympus OM-D E-M1 Guide to Digital Photography
by David D. Busch
Price: $24.55
50 used & new from $17.76

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs A Good Editor; Some Info Not Accurate, July 18, 2014
First of all, like another reviewer already stated, this book contains numerous errors and is in need of a good editor. The impression I get is that this book was rushed to the publisher.

Also, some info is not presented in a clear, accurate way. For example, his instructional steps for using SUPER FP Flash Mode (see page 307) are complicated and I could not get them to work following his method. However, I discovered it was easy to configure using the mode button and rotating dial on the FL-600R flash unit. Note that this is but one example of the author's misinformation regarding the settings/behavior of the camera. Unfortunately, there are several others.

In addition, in several places in the book, the author states that he would share his camera settings. I have read the book cover to cover and the author did not really fulfill this promise. On Page 183, the author states that his Mysets are set up for "concerts/performances, indoor sports, outdoor sports, and wildlife/landscapes". I also have a Myset set up for landscapes. I really wanted to compare the author's settings to mine but there is no way to do that.

Another example of misinformation: On pages 350 and 351, the author sings the praises of BreezeBrowser as a raw utility. That's great but when I checked the BreezeBrowser website, the E-M1 is NOT listed as a supported camera. So, why is this included in this book? (Was this information lifted from another camera book and just carried over to this one?)

Based on the very positive comments from some other reviewers, I wonder how much time they have spent actually reading this book. I cannot recommend this book to inexperienced photographers.

Update 8/6/2014:
If you want an alternative to the David Busch guide, do a search for Gary Friedman and his E-M1 ebook. Mr. Friedman does an excellent job of explaining the camera settings and his personal camera settings. (I have no connection to Mr. Friedman.)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2014 2:50 PM PDT

60% SALE! Makimy Premium Quality Heat Resistant EN407 Certified - 2 Professional Barbecue-Grill-Oven Cooking Gloves + Bonus 50 BBQ Recipes - Size XL
Offered by Stylish Tools
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $27.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Protection Up to 650 Degrees is NOT Realistic, June 20, 2014
The overall quality of the gloves is high. They are well made and appear durable.

However, the claim of Guaranteed burn protection up to 650 degrees is not accurate. I took a metal pan off of my propane grill and my gloved hand quickly became uncomfortably hot. The grill temp was about 450 degrees. I guess the manufacturer can make this burn protection claim by using the words *up to*.

Sangean PR-D18BK Portable Digital Radio (Black/Grey)
Sangean PR-D18BK Portable Digital Radio (Black/Grey)
Offered by iPaces Tax Free Store
Price: $69.95
51 used & new from $46.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Disappointed, May 30, 2014
After waiting more than a week for delivery of this radio (it was shipped cross country), I ended up returning it the same day.

First of all, it looked like the radio had previously been returned by someone else. The radio was not packaged well and the protective bumper around the radio was very dusty. In addition, there were subtle but visible marks on the front face plate of the radio. Also, there was a whitish stain on the right side of the radio. I was surprised at Amazon for charging me full price for a radio in this condition. I was expecting a new product.

Finally, I own a couple of other Sangean radios and their performance is outstanding on all bands. However, this PR-D18BK had voice distortion on the FM band.

All in all, this radio was not worth the $50 price tag.

eFiction Magazine
eFiction Magazine
Price: $1.99
2 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Formatting Problems and Boring, April 21, 2013
This review is from: eFiction Magazine (Kindle Edition)
I was surprised by the mostly positive reviews of this Kindle magazine. I cancelled my trial subscription within 24 hours (I had the April 2013 issue).

I found the stories to be uninteresting and predictable. Perhaps the publication is meant for a younger audience? Also, this edition had numerous editing/formatting problems.

Not something I'd be willing to be pay a monthly fee to read.

Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
Offered by Gallery of World Accents
Price: $31.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Warranty? Accuracy?, April 9, 2013
Overall, I like this clock but have a couple of issues regarding it.

Like other reviewers have already stated, the clock is silent and it is easy to see.

However, why did the manufacturer make it so difficult to see the proper insertion method for the AA battery? Why couldn't the positive side have been marked with a white label? (I guessed correctly how to insert it.) Hopefully, the mechanism cannot be damaged by inserting the battery incorrectly but I don't know if that's the case. How long will an alkaline battery last in this clock? What about a lithium battery? This leads me to my next issue...

The clock came with no documentation. Yes, I know this is just a clock and it is not difficult to operate. But, what happens if the battery is inserted backwards? Also, what is the warranty on the clock? Does it have a warranty? What do I do if it fails in six months? What is the accuracy specification for the clock? (How much time will it gain or lose in 30 days?)

Hopefully, this proves to be a reliable timepiece but I find it odd that a clock of this cost does not seem to have any support behind it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3