Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM
Profile for R. Anderson > Reviews

Browse

R. Anderson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Anderson RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SprayTec Garden Hose Nozzle Sprayer - Heavy Duty Metal Spray Gun w/ Pistol Grip Trigger. 9 Adjustable Patterns Best For Hand Watering Plants & Lawn, Car Washing, Patio, Dog & More. Leak Free Guarantee
Offered by M&R Industries
Price: $35.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Customer Service & Great Product!, January 3, 2016
UPDATE Jan 9, 2016:
Regis from M&R Industries has given me phenomenal customer service! As a result, I have no choice but to update my original review (see below) to five stars!

He went above and beyond to resolve all of my concerns to make me a very satisfied customer. I now have no doubt that M&R stands 100% behind this hose nozzle. In addition, because of my questions regarding the rotating bezel, I was sent a second nozzle (which seems perfect).

Bottom line: This is the nozzle to purchase for all of your watering needs and M&R Industries will take care of you!

Original review:
Have high hopes for this nozzle but one thing I don't like and a few concerns.

First, what I don't care for are the icon symbols on the bezel for the various settings. Text would have been easier to understand. I guess I will get used to the symbols after using the nozzle several times but I find that all of the symbol meanings are not obvious. This is relatively minor and not the reason for a four star review.

My first concern is that the card that the nozzle was attached to was bent and torn when it was delivered. I was only able to test the nozzle for about five minutes and it seemed OK. However, why the poor condition of the card? I hope there is no hidden damage to the nozzle.

My next concern is that rotating the bezel produces a satisfying click in one direction only. There is no click when rotating in the opposite direction. Is this normal? Why would it click in one direction only?

My other concern is with the lifetime warranty. No where on the card that the nozzle was attached to is this stated. Why not? This makes me wonder if the lifetime warranty is legit.

Will this nozzle be durable? I just don't know based on my concerns stated above.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2016 12:24 PM PST

DFDM National License Plate Frame Stainless Steel Kit, 4 Hole Frame Holder Standard Screw Covers
Offered by DFDM National
Price: $24.95
3 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Frames and Outstanding Customer Service!, January 3, 2016
I purchased two frames for my Civic (4 screw, standard) and had an issue attaching one of the eight screws/washers/caps. I emailed DFDM for advice and they immediately sent me another complete frame kit! This time, I had no issues attaching that last screw/washer/cap.

The frames add a touch of class to my Civic. The stainless frames match nicely with the chrome detailing on the hood and trunk of the car.

Overall, great product and great support!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2016 10:26 AM PST

Heavy Duty Brass Fireman Style Hose Nozzle - Fits All Standard Garden Hoses - Best High Pressure Sprayer to Wash Your Car or Water Your Garden - Leak Proof - Lifetime No-Hassle Guarantee

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking Forward to Many Happy Waterings, December 31, 2015
Based on my initial impressions, this is clearly a first rate hose nozzle!

I did a lot of research before purchasing this nozzle. I considered both trigger style nozzles and fireman style nozzles. There are a lot of nozzles available for purchase on Amazon with many five star reviews. However, if you actually read the reviews, you will discover that a lot of the customers received the nozzles either for free or deeply discounted. That is a red flag to me despite reviewers' claims to give an honest opinion.

Previously, I have owned several nozzles including those made by name brand companies. I have had considerable problems with the trigger style nozzles including issues like: handles that crack, leaks, triggers that jam to the extent that the trigger cannot be squeezed. Most recently, the jam issue occurred with a Gilmour nozzle.

I rate products on the following criteria: build quality, performance, durability, value per cost and customer support.

This Dradco nozzle is a winner based on all of my criteria with a hopeful positive status for durability as I only just received it. However, the lifetime warranty indicates to me that the nozzle should last. Everything else about the nozzle is top notch. It has considerable heft due to the quality of components. It operates very smoothly with a nice variability of water flow control. It completely shuts off with no leaks. I also received an email from the company offering to resolve any issues.

Overall, just very impressed with the quality and value!

eWeather HD with NOAA Radar, Alerts and Hurricane tracking
eWeather HD with NOAA Radar, Alerts and Hurricane tracking
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars App is Stuck, August 26, 2015
I was using this app successfully for several months and liked it. However, now it is worthless.

The app will not open. The app will not update. The app cannot be deleted.

I have a Kindle Fire HD
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2015 2:27 PM PST

Weather Timeline
Weather Timeline
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I was hoping this was THE Weather App..., July 21, 2015
This review is from: Weather Timeline (App)
...It is not!

The major issue with this app is that it requires Google Play Services for radar and satellite functionality. Are you kidding me? I am not not installing that Google resource hog on my Kindle Fire HD. Other apps don't require a Google install for weather radar, so why does this one?

Thankfully, I only wasted 99 cents on this app.

Weather Live - Detailed Forecasts and Live Weather Conditions
Weather Live - Detailed Forecasts and Live Weather Conditions
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Radar Function, July 19, 2015
Overall a decent weather app. However, the radar functionality needs work. The background map has good resolution but the actual precipitation display is blurry and gets worse the more you zoom in. It really is painful to view.
With a better radar, this would be a five star app.
I am using this app on a Kindle Fire HD.

MLB.com Daily
MLB.com Daily
Price: $2.99
2 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Falsely advertised and bad formatting., May 18, 2015
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
I thought by now MLB.com would have corrected the problems indicated by other reviewers. They have not.
No box scores, no standings, no schedules, no leader stats.

There are links to videos that aren't really links. Some articles indicate "More" to continue reading but clicking "More" does nothing.

Very disappointing. There is no way I would pay $2.99 for this publication with all of these problems. There are better ways to get baseball info.

Classic Accessories 55-141-045101-EC Ravenna Grill Cover, Large, Taupe
Classic Accessories 55-141-045101-EC Ravenna Grill Cover, Large, Taupe
Price: $37.97
12 used & new from $37.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Using Large Size for Weber Genesis S-310, April 1, 2015
I wasn't certain what size cover would be the best fit for the Genesis S-310. (Several reviewers state the cover is a *perfect* fit without specifying the make/model of their grill and/or the size of the cover - very frustrating.)

I settled on the large size and am satisfied with the fit. The cover hangs down to within about 2 inches of the ground in the front and back of the grill and to within about one inch of the ground on the sides of the grill. The cover is a loose fit (but not sloppy) making it easy to remove and put on the grill. If you looking for a form fitting/snug cover for the S-310, the large is not it.

Note that I only give five star ratings for near perfect products. I cannot rate this five stars yet as I do not know how it will hold up to the summer sun.

Update 5/26/15:
After almost two months of use, the warm sun has stretched the cover so that it now hangs to ground level on the sides and to about an inch front and back. I am fine with this but others might not consider this a *perfect* fit. So far, no color fading.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2015 2:57 AM PDT

Guitar Player
Guitar Player
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, March 2, 2015
This review is from: Guitar Player (Kindle Edition)
This digital mag is poorly formatted for the Kindle HDX making it difficult to navigate and read. In it's default reading mode, the display is not full screen in portrait mode (how can a mag not be full screen?). You can rotate it to landscape mode but the font is still very small and you end up with two pages side by side. You can enlarge the font with Text View mode but it does not work on all articles. Text view mode also does not work on the the sheet music diagrams. You can tap and hold to get a small magnifier on the diagrams but this will not help you to play the examples.

As for the mag content, this was also a let down. It does not cover all playing styles, there are way too many ads and many of the equipment reviews are for expensive gear.

This might be OK for a teen something or a twenty something but I cannot recommend it for the more mature player.

Crescendo CR-75 Portable Guitar Stand - Instrument Stand - Lightweight - Travel Stand - Professional Quality for Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Ukulele, Banjo, Violin and Mandolin - LIFETIME WARRANTY

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stand I have Found!, January 11, 2015
Pleasantly surprised about the small size and light weight of this stand. However, despite that, the stand seems very sturdy and solidly supports my Yamaha acoustic guitar. Also, very easy to fit to the guitar.
Highly recommended!