Profile for Lone Lombax > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lone Lombax RSS Feed

Ripple Junction Men's Dragonball Z Goku Fireball T-Shirt M Heather Gray
Ripple Junction Men's Dragonball Z Goku Fireball T-Shirt M Heather Gray
Offered by Retrofacts
Price: $17.95
11 used & new from $17.40

5.0 out of 5 stars ... T-shirts by Ripple Junction so far and have been pleased with all of them, April 13, 2015
I've bought three of the DBZ themed T-shirts by Ripple Junction so far and have been pleased with all of them. The art on this one is very true to the epic Anime series and that makes it a huge success for me. The material is also as sturdy as that of any T-shirt I own. I am very pleased with this product.

Ripple Junction Men's Dragon Ball Z Character Frame Collage T-Shirt M Black
Ripple Junction Men's Dragon Ball Z Character Frame Collage T-Shirt M Black
Offered by Modern Everyday
Price: $17.95
18 used & new from $16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 30, 2015
Shirt looks awesome and fits well.

Ratchet & Clank Collection
Ratchet & Clank Collection
Offered by Worldwide Sales
Price: $16.95
79 used & new from $14.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Legends Never Die . . ., August 30, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ratchet and Clank are my heroes. They are the stuff legends are made of. Ever since I popped the original "Ratchet and Clank" game into my PS2 I've been hooked, and the series just kept getting better through the course of the three games that make up the original trilogy. Yes, Insomniac's epic saga of a lethal but lovable Lombax and his diminutive but dedicated robot sidekick, though it has had its rough spots (Ratchet: Deadlocked, Size Matters, All 4 One), has never failed to remind me why it is that I love it so much. The series' near perfection in its dynamic characters, epic storytelling, endlessly fun gameplay, eye-popping art style, and witty adult humor long ago made it my favorite videogame series of all time.

Just like any good legend, Ratchet and Clank are alive and well years after their maiden voyages took place. And now fans new and old can experience these voyages in HD. I am blown away by the improvements in all three games' graphics, but especially by those of the original game. Being ten years old, this title definitely needed a graphical upgrade and it certainly got it. "Ratchet and Clank" now looks as good as or better than anything on the PS2 and that is very gratifying. The same goes for R&C 2 and 3 as well.

Another thing that I noticed was the very welcome addition of trophy sets for each of the titles. Personally, I would have bought this collection even if trophies had not been included because I have never needed any extra incentive to immerse myself in these stellar games; however the trophies are a nice touch, giving me just one more reason to keep playing.

The bottom line is all three games look excellent with noticeably improved graphics. The games, as far as I can tell are not changed in any other way (good thing). And the experience is as exhilarating as ever. What more can one ask from an HD remastering?

Rather than prolong this review with more praise for my most beloved game series I will end by saying that for fans like me there was no question of whether or not to buy this collection. These classics are worth every penny. And if you, like me, have nearly worn out your PS2 copies of each of the three games included, this collection is not just a desire, it's a necessity. Lastly, to newcomers to the series I would simply say that I have never enjoyed three videogames as much as I have enjoyed the Ratchet and Clank original trilogy, and at the amazingly low price of 30 bucks these gaming gems should not be missed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 7:02 PM PST

Killzone 2 - Playstation 3
Killzone 2 - Playstation 3
Offered by Insane Web Deals...Simply the Best Deals on the Web!
Price: $10.88
377 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Surpassing the Predecessor, August 6, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
It is a sad truth that most sequels do not live up to the greatness of their predecessors. How many people who have read "Robinson Crusoe" have gone on to read Defoe's sequel? How many of those who have seen "The Lion King" have ever bothered to see "The Lion King 2"? Yes, it is with a certain loss of greatness that sequels to great works most often surface. So it is with great satisfaction that I say that Killzone 2 can never be counted among the depressing droves of soulless sequels. Not only does it stay true to its roots, but it improves on those roots to such an extent that the sapling that is Killzone becomes the mighty oak that is Killzone 2.

To speak of the advancement in graphics seems somewhat of a moot point based on the fact that Killzone and Killzone 2 are separated by an entire generation of videogame systems. However, I would say that Killzone 2, while not surprisingly looking better than its predecessor due to the powerhouse graphic capabilities of the PS3, does indeed stand out as one of the best looking games on the system. The textures are crisp, the visuals gritty but seamless, and both the cut-scenes and the in-game graphics are crisp, clear, and stunningly detailed.

As to sound, the score is at times beautifully moving in a classical sense, at others harsh and chaotic; both of which are in keeping with the games epic scope. Killzone 2's sounds not only enhance the experience of the game, they become part of the games aural essence. The excruciating screams of a dying Helghast soldier, and the melancholy classical pieces that play during the games phenomenal climax are integral to the emotional response the game elicits.

Gameplay is more than excellent. While some have taken issue with the fact that the controls are somewhat different than other great shooters such as Call of Duty, I found this to be a very insubstantial gripe as I quickly became accustomed to Killzone 2's button scheme even though I play CoD all the time. The main aspect of gameplay however, is what you actually do in the game, and in this aspect as well the game shines. All of the action of the game centers around the war between the ISA and the Helghast, and virtual war has never been so real. Whether you're charging a beachhead, pushing through a deadly street battle, or attempting to infiltrate Visari's palace, control remains smooth, while the lethal nature of these undertakings is truly brought home. The modern and futuristic weapons present in the game feel and act like they should, geographical and architectural objects react to your actions like they should, the characters carry themselves and act like they should. And though the mission of defeating the Helghast never changes, there is no trace of repetitiveness in Killzone 2. Gameplay in Killzone 2 is not simply a success, it is a triumph.

Finally, the AI in the game is phenomenal. The Helghast are the smartest opponents I've ever seen in a game. They take cover instead of blindly charging and shooting, they cunningly attempt to flank your position, and they will often carry out tactical strategies. Killzone 2's standard for NPC AI is remarkable, and deserves recognition as such.

Outside of the technical aspects of the game, which are all stellar, the fun factor is all-important. And I can truly say that this factor is off the charts in Killzone 2. From the opening beachhead level, to the defeat of General Radec and the game's climactic ending, I had a blast. This is the one that made Killzone one of my favorite series of games.

In a game industry that so often goes for flare over substance, Killzone 2 exudes both. It does so much right that the few things that could have been done better quickly fade into the shadows. Its technical excellence, epic narrative, and exuberant fun factor, all combine to make it a must have title and allow it to uniquely surpass its predecessor. It is this fact that sets it apart as a classic and makes it one of my all time favorite titles. I hope that this review has been as informative for you as the game was fun for me.