Profile for Concerned dad > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Concerned dad "Ken" RSS Feed (Buffalo, NY)

Like It Is-Yes Live At The Mesa Arts Center (BR) [Blu-ray]
Like It Is-Yes Live At The Mesa Arts Center (BR) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Yes
Price: $19.78
18 used & new from $15.85

3.0 out of 5 stars stereo only., July 13, 2015
The blu ray I received is in stereo only. No surround. It is 2015 right? Three stars only because of that. Besides, the energy left this band somewhere over Phoenix. Sorry.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2015 2:09 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality. Will not buy again, March 24, 2015
Very poor quality. Will not buy again. Also these do not look like the real ones we have purchased at Target. Very disappointed.

Arthur Christmas (Two Discs: Blu-ray / DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy)
Arthur Christmas (Two Discs: Blu-ray / DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy)
DVD ~ James McAvoy
Price: $16.49
50 used & new from $3.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie! Love that British humor.., October 22, 2012
Loved this movie, I saw it with my young Daugher at the theater. When my Daughter saw the scene with the space ship and all the elves dropping from the ropes to deliver the toys, she turned to me and said "so that's how they do it".. I almost had tears in my eyes!

Apple Hi-Fi Home Stereo for iPod (White)  (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Apple Hi-Fi Home Stereo for iPod (White) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
11 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is., March 17, 2006
It is obvious that Apple made a mistake claiming the Ipod Hi Fi would replace an Audiophile's home system. That claim has opened them up for criticism but, that is the only thing that can be criticized. The Hi Fi system is what it is - and that is a pretty amazing little device. I am not an expert, nor am I a novice in the art of high fidelity. I am, however, a Musician who has held Music and sound quality close to my heart for many, many years. I went to the Apple store with my AAC compressed 4 gig Nano and plugged into the system. Honestly, the sound at the store did not "blow me away"; I was in a busy store with much background noise. Realizing that the environment has much to do with sound quality, I took a chance and purchased it. I had dismissed most of the reviews that I read as sour grapes (for some reason) against Apple from people who do not own the system - had to be, some of the reviews were written before the system was even available! I was right; when I got this home and listened to it I was impressed. I do not listen to music that has that "wall' of sound (i.e. power chords, screaming vocals, retarded drums) I listen to music that has dimension (i.e. Jazz, Funk, Fusion). I wanted an audio device that would allow me to control my Ipod via remote, hold most of my favorite tunes, not fill my living room up with audio equipment, and be loud and clear enough to surround me with un-distorted sound. This system fills that bill. My one complaint is: you need to crank it up a bit for it to "come alive". At loud volumes, I find the tone control set to treble boost works best and at lower volumes set it to bass boost, meaning you need to re-adjust it upon volume changes. One other point, some of the lower end tunes on my Ipod sometimes distort when listening through the ear buds. This system seems to clean that up when cranking through the system. The added bonus being that I can use it in my backyard.

It is expensive? Yes. It is worth it? Yes, but keep in mind, it is what it is.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2013 9:58 AM PDT

Multiplicity
Multiplicity
Price: $9.99
54 used & new from $3.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, July 14, 2005
This review is from: Multiplicity (Audio CD)
I just got Dave's latest. What a treat. He has successfully mated amazing chops with great melodies giving birth to great head bopping tunes. No noise here. All instruments represented by todays finest - the bass playing will melt your face. Dave's soloing over the ostinatos is, as usual, jaw dropping. This is music that not only Musicians will love - their girlfriends will love it too - if they don't, get rid of them. Now excuse me will I go look for my face.

The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
DVD ~ Kevin Clash
Price: $4.99
298 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, April 19, 2005
My Daughter may need therapy after viewing this hectic mess! I am being facetious but, she is almost two years old and one of her first words was Elmo. After seeing him mad, falling down, and yelling at his friends, we had to play an Elmo music DVD to ensure that he was OK. I do not recommend this for young children, especially those who live in homes where chaos is not the norm. She simply was not used to all the activity displayed here. My Daughter is not timid - she is quite the opposite but, she would cry out Elmo's name at every scene that showed Elmo in a compromising situation, not knowing if he was upset or hurt. Actually, I'm not sure if this film is good for older children either, based on what I've seen. 0 stars.