AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer
Profile for mylocat > Reviews

Browse

mylocat's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mylocat RSS Feed

Teva Hurricane 3 Sport Sandal (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid), Mosaic/Black/Grey/Red-T, 3 M US Little Kid
Offered by Appalachian Outdoors
Price: $37.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistent and durable, May 25, 2016
This is a least our fifth pair of kids' Teva Hurricanes. They've lasted through up to three seasons of hard use and still look sharp. My kids love them and can run around in them all day. Dry fast if they get wet. What's not to like?

KEEN Seacamp II CNX Sandal (Little Kid/Big Kid), Bronze Green/Chili Pepper, 1 M US Little Kid
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $31.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly poor quality, especially for this price, May 25, 2016
Got these for my 7 year old and the lace on one of them broke on day 2 of wearing them. It's impossible to thread back through the soft, floppy, narrow canvas loops. Luckily, it doesn't seem to be necessary, just decorative.

UPDATE: Two weeks later, these are absolutely falling apart. The day after I wrote the above review, the other lace broke. Within two weeks, the stitching that holds the Velcro onto the straps was pulling out on both shoes, and the Velcro already had that "fluffy" look it gets when it's falling apart.

I returned them for a refund and will not buy Keens again.

AmazonBasics High-Density Round Foam Roller - 12-Inches
AmazonBasics High-Density Round Foam Roller - 12-Inches
Price: $8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun-size foam roller!, May 25, 2016
Affordable, fits in a standard carry-on sized roller bag, and nice dense foam.

Star Wars: Droid Factory (Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: the Force Awakens)
Star Wars: Droid Factory (Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: the Force Awakens)
by Daniel Wallace
Price: $14.70
71 used & new from $7.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive packaging! Really for ages 12 and up!, May 25, 2016
Made the mistake of letting my 7 year old buy this with some gift money. The cardboard droid models are EXTREMELY difficult to assemble and really only appropriate for ages 12 and up. There's absolutely no way a younger child could put these together. Honestly, _I_ can barely get BB-8 together, and haven't even attempted the others (C3-PO looks harder.)

Additionally, the wind-up motors were incorrectly packaged and it took some part-swapping to make them work for the droids.

The poster's kind of cheesy. My BB-8 and R2-D2 obsessed 7 year old hasn't looked at it again after the first day.

The book that comes with this craft is nice enough and my 7 year old enjoyed it, but sheesh, not worth it.

Don't buy this unless you like difficult, fussy paper-folding crafts. Ugh.

The Original Manual Coffee Grinder by Bean & Bistro - Adjustable Ceramic Burr, Stainless Steel Body, Portable
Offered by Roosevelt & Draper Supply Co.
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest way to up your coffee game!, March 21, 2016
Simple design, easy to operate, pretty consistent grind. This has definitely upped my coffee game!

Kryptonite Transit Transit FlexFrame Bracket for Bicycle U-Lock
Kryptonite Transit Transit FlexFrame Bracket for Bicycle U-Lock
Price: $15.14
33 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars If yours slips, loosens, and rotates, tell Kryptonite. They replaced mine., October 6, 2015
EDIT: I complained to Kryptonite and they mailed me a new one. It works MUCH MUCH better. I suspect the screw in my original one stripped. Upgraded my rating from 1 star to 3 stars.

ORIGINAL:
It's nonintuitive to install and difficult to get the rubber shim in the right place. Once installed, mine slips, loosens, rotates, and won't stay in place no matter how many time I tighten it. I've been using it for two years and I hate it more with each passing day.

The Four-Story Mistake (Melendy Quartet)
The Four-Story Mistake (Melendy Quartet)
by Elizabeth Enright
Price: $7.24
61 used & new from $2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read-aloud for 5-to-8 year olds, August 12, 2013
I read the first three Melendy books as a child, many times over, and loved every character, description, and memorable turn of phrase.

Recently, I read The Four-Story Mistake out loud to a group of 5 to 8 year olds at summer camp, over the period of 4 days. It took just under 5 hours, total. I couldn't believe how attentive and interested they were in the story. They *loved* the mystery of Clarinda's room, and they enjoyed Rush trapped in his treehouse in the storm. They also liked the descriptions of Christmas, and the brook, and Oliver's secret cellar room. I think they really liked keeping Oliver's secret along with him!

On the last day, at the end of the reading hour, we had two chapters left to go. I asked them, "Do you want to stop here, or should I finish the book?" They all chorused, "FINISH THE BOOK!" And so we did. And several of them afterward wanted to know whether we would read it, or the sequel, next year!

ASICS Women's GT 2160 Running Shoe,Black/Onyx/Lightning,7.5 2A
ASICS Women's GT 2160 Running Shoe,Black/Onyx/Lightning,7.5 2A
Offered by MZB Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe for my high arches; problems with one pair, March 9, 2012
I run 20-25 mi/week and have worn these shoes for about a year now. Replacing 2 pairs after 400-500 mi/pair. Wore 2 earlier versions of the GT previously. They have been totally comfortable and I bought two more pairs. After trying on several different brands of shoe with moderate pronation support, they're still the most comfortable. Guess I just have Asics-shaped feet!

I am returning one of the new pairs of GT-2160s I just bought because the right shoe has a pressure point over my first metatarsal that causes bruising when I run in them. Of the 6 pairs of Asics GT (and 4 of the GT2160) that I have run in, this is the only one that has this problem. I'm hoping an exchange will solve the problem.

New Balance Women's Running Tempo Sleeveless,White,Medium
New Balance Women's Running Tempo Sleeveless,White,Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the hottest days of summer, January 16, 2012
I wore this a lot over the last summer for running. Did up to 23 miles at a time in it. It's actually cooler to run in than a sports bra alone, because it wicks well. It's long enough to avoid unexpected glimpses of the midriff (even if you're tall like me). The high neckline didn't bother me. Totally fine shirt -- I would buy another in a different color, if they came in something other than pink, pinker and pinkest.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price; wonky sizing; return logistics are tricky, January 16, 2012
I wear a women's size 8.5 shoe so bought size 8 skates, since reviews suggested sizing down. They were too big -- would need at least half a size larger, maybe a full size. The skate box came wrapped in a cut-down Priority Mail envelope, so to return I will need to either put it in a larger cardboard box or wrap in brown paper. The return instructions had dire warnings about not taping, marking or otherwise altering the box they come in (with the threat of a restocking fee). So return is less convenient than for items fulfilled by Amazon.

The skates themselves? They're basic, inexpensive ladies' skates. I went out to my local sporting goods store and spent a bit more to get some really comfortable, durable ones instead. They even sharpened them for free. Can't get that by mail order!