Profile for SammySosa21 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 64

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SammySosa21 "sammysosa21" RSS Feed (san lorenzo, ca USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Castor & Pollux Natural Ultramix Adult Dry Dog Food, 30 Pound Bag
Castor & Pollux Natural Ultramix Adult Dry Dog Food, 30 Pound Bag
Price: $44.79
14 used & new from $44.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Company has been sold...., July 30, 2014
I've been using this food for about 1 year for my dog. I noticed that the recent bag of food that i bought looked different than previous bags had. I looked online and have read that this brand has been sold recently. While it doesn't appear the ingredients have changed, the calories per cup have went lower than before (meaning you need to feed more food to your dog). I also noticed that my dog seems to be itching like mad with this new bag - perhaps the new supplier is using a different form of certain ingredients. Sadly i have had to move him off to another brand because of this. I cannot recommend any longer.

Soul Transform Superior Active Performance On-Ear Headphones (Lightning Green)
Soul Transform Superior Active Performance On-Ear Headphones (Lightning Green)
Price: $99.99
4 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best i have used..., February 2, 2014
In the years prior to buying these i have used many sets of over the ear headphones. Ear buds just don't work well for me while jogging. This headphone is the best i have ever used hands down! Not only do they sound great - they don't slip while running, the ear pads don't soak up your sweat either! It's nice the ear pads come off as well to wash although it would be nice if they sold an extra pair. Highly recommend these!

Merrick Bone Corporal Cap Dog Treats (30 Pack)
Merrick Bone Corporal Cap Dog Treats (30 Pack)
Price: $57.68
4 used & new from $38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves it..., February 1, 2014
This is mostly marketed towards smaller dogs - but my 80 pound lab likes it better than the 2-3 inch bones by Merrick. The 2-3 inch bones are more geared towards his size, but he will only chew them for 20 minutes before giving up and i have no idea why. These corporal caps he chews for an hour and i have to take them away because he has nubbed the bone so far down. He absoultly loves them! Hands down this is a great product for my lab, but please don't leave your dog alone with it. They should be monitored while chewing at all times (mostly to make sure they wont swallow or choke on the bone). Very highly recommended.

Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Digital Display and Remote Control
Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Digital Display and Remote Control
Price: $61.45
27 used & new from $45.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Blows out heat, but inconsistant at best...., November 9, 2012
This product works alot differently than the Vornado AVH2 Whole Room Vortex Heater, Automatic Climate Control. It blows out heat and then shuts off the fan and everything when it reaches the desired temp. It left cold spots in the room after it was done heating, and i did not like that after it finished heating the temperature gauge on it continued to rise to an incorrect temperature, often 4-5 degrees above the room temp. It also had no tip over protection either and was hot to the touch when finished.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT SAFE FOR A CHILD WITHOUT TIP OVER PROTECTION AND WOULD BE HOT FOR LITTLE HANDS GRILL!

For me the choice is clear with a child and dog, the Vornado does a better job and is safer as well. The Vornado is continuous and therefore does a much better job at maintaining a temp. I cannot recommend this Lasko for several reasons although i have a Lasko fan and i love it....

Vornado AVH2 Whole Room Vortex Heater, Automatic Climate Control
Vornado AVH2 Whole Room Vortex Heater, Automatic Climate Control
Price: $98.03
19 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Im impressed..., November 9, 2012
This product was bought to keep my newborn's room warmer during the winter time. When i first turned this on all i felt was a fan blowing cold air. I thought to myself, this isn't going to work well. We have 2 temperature gauges in the room. I set the temperature on the device to 65 degree's. My gosh, even though it feels like just cold air blowing out, it circulates the air in the room very well and sure enough the temperature stayed 65 degrees the ENTIRE night! And this is with a drafty window and 35 degree temps outside. I had the device set to "low heat" and "auto" as well.

At first i had bought the Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Digital Display and Remote Control. This product works alot differently than the Vornado. It blows out heat and then shuts off the fan and everything when it reaches the desired temp. It left cold spots in the room after it was done heating, and i did not like that after it finished heating the temperature gauge on it continued to rise to an incorrect temperature, often 4-5 degrees above the room temp. It also had no tip over protection either and was hot to the touch when finished.

For me the choice is clear with a child and dog, the Vornado does a better job and is safer as well. Now the only question is the most popular one...will the Vornado hold up in quality. Time will tell, but at least i know it comes with a 5 yr warranty.

ASUS P8B75-V LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
ASUS P8B75-V LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

5.0 out of 5 stars For $100, it's pretty nice..., October 15, 2012
I got this up and running in my build about 2 weeks ago. I gotta say the board was laid out pretty nicely, labeled well and i didn't have a problem with anything except the processor lever which i felt was a little tough to seat in the slot, but being my first real build it probably was how it is supposed to be i just didn't expect it to be so tight (which was probably my fault to be honest).

For $100, it's worth it for sure...

ASICS Men's Equation 6 Running Shoe
ASICS Men's Equation 6 Running Shoe
Price: $54.46 - $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, August 30, 2012
Having been a long time Adidas wearer, i was weary of switching but since Adidas shoes no longer fit me comfortably i decided to go out and try Asics. I went to a department store to see how the Asics fit. They were 1/2 size larger than Adidas runs for me. I also knew i was going to need a 4E wide shoe as most of the Asics had a narrow fit for my foot.

Well i can say that if these shoes have durability to them, i will never buy another brand of shoe. They truly do feel like your walking on pillows. If Amazon had any more in my size and 4e, i would be buying them, that's how good they feel.

Well done Asics, you've gotten a new customer!

Emerald Harmony Original Trail Mix, 10-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)
Emerald Harmony Original Trail Mix, 10-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good trail mix but....., August 26, 2012
This is a decent trail mix, i really wont say anything too bad about it, HOWEVER nowhere in the description did it say anything about sunflower seeds being in the mix. Im not talking a few, there are a ton of them in there! I thought i got the wrong item at first, but no i got the right one. Even the picture doesn't show them anywhere.

All in all, a good trail mix but i didn't want the sunflower seeds! I would recommend Emerald Harmony Raisinberry Nut Trail Mix, 9-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6) instead.

Emerald Harmony Raisinberry Nut Trail Mix, 9-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)
Emerald Harmony Raisinberry Nut Trail Mix, 9-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great healthy mix..., August 26, 2012
I was looking for a good mix without alot of candy coated junk mixed into it and this one does the trick. Like the other reviewer says, there are alot of peanuts and raisins, but there are plenty of cranberries & almonds in that mix as well. I would say cashews and the yogurt covered raisins (about 15 per package) are what there are the fewest of. For me that's great because im trying to lose weight but i still like the addition of a few yogurt raisins too.

All in all 5 stars from me, you wont find a better healthy mix for around $2.50 a bag. If you get melted yogurt raisins from a hot summer delivery, just stick the entire bundled pack in the freezer when you get the package for 30-45 minutes, they come out just like new without damage to nuts.

Sure-Pak MRE Full Meal Kit with Heater-Single Meal
Sure-Pak MRE Full Meal Kit with Heater-Single Meal
Offered by AmmoCanMan
Price: $9.96
5 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected...would eat again!, July 21, 2012
My wife bought me this as a birthday gift. She had been asking what i wanted, i was curious to what kind of food our troops were eating in the field these days so i asked her for 1 of these. I know this isn't the exact same as what the troops get, but from what i understand it's pretty close.

The sample MRE i received was shredded buffalo style chicken. It also came with mexican rice, patriotic cookies (kinda animal cracker style) and 2 vegetable cracker's with blackberry jelly (which was better than it sounds). It also came with instant coffee and an orange Gatorade style powder packets.

I gotta say, i don't like spicy food much at all, but the shredded chicken was much much better than i thought it would be. I imagine if i was in the field like the troops, i could eat this for days. I wouldn't want to do it for a month or so on the same flavor, but if you ask me it wasn't bad at all.

I did not care for the mexican rice at all, it was the one thing i could have done without in the MRE (knock 1/2 star off for that) and the instructions never told me if i could heat the chicken and rice together at the same time or not. I did and ended up with 2 half heated packets of food (knock 1/2 star off for that), but i was able to keep using the heater to get them both heated which was a plus.

All in all im happy with the MRE and was glad it was something i tried. It was a great birthday gift because i didn't know which flavor i would be getting and when you get older it's harder to be surprised.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7