Profile for Theresa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Theresa "Ebook Addict Reviews" RSS Feed (Clarksville, TN.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
by S. W. Vaughn
Price: $10.68
31 used & new from $10.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Ebook Addict Reviews, April 6, 2011
This review is from: Heartsong (Paperback)
I fell in love with S.W. Vaughn a few weeks ago when I read Skin Deep, which was an absolutely awesome book on its own but when followed up with Heartsong, is even better.

I had hoped when I hit the end of Skin Deep that Vaughn would be back with Uriskel's story and I was not let down. I do so enjoy stories of the Fae. Laurell K. Hamilton tweaked my interest first and after that, I was devouring everything I could find. S.W. Vaughn is definitely going on my favorites list for Fae stories. She does a great job of mixing the myth with reality and keeping you interested from page one. I did not want to put this book down!

Vaughn has a lot of emotion packed into Heartsong. In Skin Deep when we meet Uriskel, he is a bit on the shady side and easy to dislike, but he soon redeems himself and garners your sympathy--although he is quick to tell you that he does not want it. Heartsong begins with Uriskel paying the price for some transgression, which is nothing new for him. Prince Braelan seems to enjoy nothing more than making Uriskel's life a living hell. Enough so that I wanted nothing more than to see one of the prince's many enemies get the upper hand. But Uriskel is nothing if not good at his job, even if Braelan doesn't deserve it. I will say that that Heartsong had a lot of torture in it--more than I like--but it isn't out of place for the story and just as the author hit the point where I might have been ready to call it quits, it quickly turned in another direction, which I was extremely grateful for.

The fireworks between Uriskel and Tristan are immediate; they definitely rub each other the wrong way or maybe the right way depending on your thinking. Their relationship has a different start, to say the least, but not an unbelievable one. After all, this is fantasy.

Although I think that Heartsong could easily stand alone, I'm sure that you would get the most enjoyment out of reading Skin Deep first.

If you have read Skin Deep than Heartsong is a must read and if you haven't read either... well than both book need to be on your buy list.

[...]

Lipton Flavored Black Tea, French Vanilla, Tea Bags, 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6)
Lipton Flavored Black Tea, French Vanilla, Tea Bags, 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Taste, April 6, 2011
this is my favorite lipton tea sadly all the stores in my town have stopped selling it so I have resorted to buying it at Amazon lets pray they don't stop offering it.

Creative ZEN Mozaic EZ100 MP3 Player 8GB (Black)
Creative ZEN Mozaic EZ100 MP3 Player 8GB (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!!, December 28, 2010
I love Zen Mozaic - plug and play - easy to use great for anyone who just wants to a simple player, you don't have to install anything on your computer unless you choose to. Installing the Creative Centrale software to your computer is optional.

Boystown 2: Three More Nick Nowak Mysteries
Boystown 2: Three More Nick Nowak Mysteries

4.0 out of 5 stars Ebook Addict Reviews, November 3, 2010
I really enjoyed Boystown 2. Marshall Thronton has a way telling a story that keeps you on your toes. I enjoyed Boystown 1 but I thought Boystown 2 was even better. I liked Nick a lot more than I did in the first book. He came across real and less of a player and I found it easier to relate to Nick this time around.

All three stories in Boystown 2 are equally enjoyable. While Nick does appear to be trying to make things work in his relationship with Bert Harker--the cop he meets in the third story of the first book--the situtation is complicated by the appearance of his ex-lover. Nick still has a hard time saying no to any offer that comes along. There is still a lot of promiscuous sex--not as much as in book one or maybe I just became more accustomed to Nick's ways ;)

I think Marshall Thronton falls into the category of acquired taste. You are either going love or hate the Boystown stories. As a rule, Boystown isn't what I'd usually enjoy but for some reason Nick Nowak has captured my attention and kept it. I very much want to find out what adventures Nick is going to find himself in next. I was upset with how the third story ended. It was a cliffhanger ending and I'm not a fan of those endings at all.

Reviewed by Theresa at [...]

Inestimable Blessings
Inestimable Blessings
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, heartwarming story, November 1, 2010
A beautiful, heartwarming story from my first M/M author Amanda Young, Inestimable Blessings is testament to love in its many forms.

Amanda's writing is very sensual and her stories flow beautifully; I always get so caught up in the lives of her characters and the eroticism when her men love each other is sexy, very hot and often simply sweet. She really knows how to portray people falling in love and she is able to share with the reader the emotional component of relationships.

Lee is such a wonderful person and someone that I would love to call friend. Even though he's not found that certain special someone he's going ahead with his life and doing something to achieve his dream of being a father. Watching as the birth of his child neared I completely shared in his excitement; no it's more than just mere excitement. What Lee is experiencing, along with some trepidation, is joy... complete and utter joy. And his feelings spilled from the pages and worked their way to my heart. It brought back the amazing memories of my own pregnancies and the incredible and often overwhelming feelings associated with becoming a parent a first or even fourth time. What a gift!

Then when Lee finally connected with his neighbour Finn... that was HOT and thrilling in its own right. And it added a separate texture to Lee's life that, again, was extremely heartwarming.

I loved the dynamics of the relationship between Finn and Lee; the humour and the thrill of finding someone with whom you can be yourself flowed and thrilled at the same time. And I totally loved Finn's dog... oh my heavens. Finn may not have ever entertained the idea of being a father, but his dog Rowdy is a sweet and perfect substitute.

Amanda Young's Inestimable Blessings will have you laughing, cheering, crying--okay I cried, you may just sniffle here and there--and overall just celebrating love in many of its incarnations. Once again one of my very favourite authors has taken us on a journey and one that I will be happy to take again and again.

This Review By Kathy K.

Brothers Without Borders
Brothers Without Borders

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Read!!, May 24, 2010
I absolutely loved this story. Brother love is one of my secret reading pleasures. Okay, so maybe it isn't as big a secret as I pretend it is and as long as the authors keep writing it, I'll keep reading.

Avery and Hunter's story is very touching, both having secretly been in love with each other for years and neither having the courage to say or do anything about it where the other was concerned. I cried a bit; it's a little sad being so in love with someone and knowing you're not supposed to be according to life's rules. But when both finally face their love for each other, it is true that sometimes love has no borders.

I wondered briefly about the introduction of two other brothers toward the end of the book. What are the odds of two friends both being in love with their brothers? But then I decided that often like calls to like and Leiland wrote the story so well, it was very easy for me to believe. I wonder, too, will there be a sequel?
If you enjoy brother love, then you definitely want to read Brothers Without Borders.

Leiland Dale gives us a wonderfully sweet erotic story in a short amount of pages.

**********

Boystown: Three Nick Nowak Mysteries
Boystown: Three Nick Nowak Mysteries

4.0 out of 5 stars Nick Nowak will grow on you!, May 3, 2010
Before Boystown, I had never read anything by Marshall Thornton so I wasn't quite sure what to expect and after starting the first of the three stories in Boystown, I think had prepared myself to hate it. The stories of Nick Nowak Private Eye are based in the early eighties, BA (before Aids). I'm not a prude but promiscuous sex doesn't do it for me and sex without condoms... well, I'm not going there. But, as I was reminded by someone, the author was only being true to the times. I'm one of those people who seldom scraps a book--my innate curiosity usually keeps reading until the end-- and in this case, the more I read, the more I found I was actually starting to like the stories. Nick has a hard time turning down a pretty face and a hard cock. Oddly enough, I think that became part of his charm and I just kept reminding myself that it was 1981.

I am looking forward to the next Boystown. I want to know where Nick Nowak's life leads him. I wasn't left with a cliffhanger, which I do appreciate, but there was just enough of a tease that I am curious to find out if maybe the next Nick Nowak stories will show him in a slightly different light. Either way, I will be reading Boystown 2, which as I understand, barring any complications, will release on my birthday July 28th ;)

I apologize that I didn't review this book as three different stories but I found I had a hard time separating them in my mind. Each story may have had its own drama, but the ending of each just led right into the next so it really was hard to view them as different stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab the Tissue Box, January 27, 2010
This review is from: Heartsong (Kindle Edition)
This is a bittersweet romance about lost love and moving on that will require the tissue.

Jewel Quest Solitaire III [Download]
Jewel Quest Solitaire III [Download]
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but too easy and over to soon, January 10, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I enjoyed the game while I was playing it but it was pretty easy not much challenge - I didn't pay attention to levels but there were 10 puzzles to solve with many boards attached to each puzzle - only had to re-deal a card game once or twice through out the game the gem boards were a little tougher but not much I did have to give a couple of boards a second or third try. Each time you clear a bar on the solitaire games you earn a 'point' some you have to use to clear rubble but use as few as possible so that you head to gem board with as many as you can - the more you have the more options you have in a gem game because that is timed. The puzzles give you hints to positions of the relics - look the pictures carefully one of them will help you solve the final piece of the puzzle. I enjoyed the game but all in all I would say I was disappointed that it wasn't more challenging and had more levels.

Wolf Signs: Granite Lake Wolves, Book 1
Wolf Signs: Granite Lake Wolves, Book 1
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars a must read!!, January 7, 2010
Vivian Arend is an awesome author everything she writes is a must read in my book!!

I was thoroughly delighted with Robyn and Keil, I couldn't help but love them! Vivian gives us an awesome mix of humor, romance and just enough suspense to get the blood flowing. The special gift that Keil and Robyn share as mates gave their romance that little something extra that just made the story all that more enjoyable in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3