Profile for Jeremiah Trotter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeremiah Trotter RSS Feed

Optimum Nutrition 2:1:1 Recovery, Colossal Chocolate, 3.73-Pounds
Optimum Nutrition 2:1:1 Recovery, Colossal Chocolate, 3.73-Pounds
Price: $42.29
12 used & new from $41.02

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent post-workout shake with some flaws, February 11, 2014
I generally like ON products, so I bought this without looking into it too much. After finishing the tub, here are my thoughts...

PROS:

- Good taste
- Easy way to get post-workout carbs and protein, which will help with recovery
- Good price (used the P90X recovery product for a bit but WOW it's expensive)

CONS:

- Was hard to mix with a spoon, had to use a shaker bottle otherwise it was super clumpy
- Relies on low-quality carbs (sugar, waxy maize, and malto)
- Doesn't have any other ingredients to accelerate recovery
- Uses artificial sweeteners (it's already pretty sweet from the sugar AND malto, was the sucralose really necessary???)

While this product is decent for a post-workout drink, I'm not sold on getting that many carbs every day from the lower quality sources used. I would much prefer whole food carbs. It also doesn't have any ingredients specifically for recovery, which I thought was strange (additional BCAAs on top of what's in the protein won't help or matter).

I now have a different post-workout routine that is working much better in both making me feel good and speeding up muscle recovery:

First, I started using LEGION Recharge: Improved Muscle Recovery. Less Fatigue. No Overtraining 1.39 lbs Mixed Berry, which I like a lot more for muscle recovery purposes. It has high dosages of glutamine and carnitine and is naturally sweetened with stevia (I like to stay away from artificial sweeteners). I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I'm noticeably less sore after workouts and thus am able to train more frequently and intensely. I highly recommend it.

Second, my post-workout meal is simple, tasty, and provides me with the protein and carbs I need: I blend up a protein shake with whey protein (I like Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Natural Whey, Vanilla, 5 Pound), rice milk (I like Rice Dream Original Rice Drink, 32 Ounce Aseptic Boxes (Pack of 12)), fruit (frozen bananas are my favorite), and cinnamon, which gives me my protein and carbs I need.

All in all, if you want something convenient to use post workout, this product from ON is a workable choice. If you're like me and you just feel better with more nutritious, whole-food forms of carbs, however, then I recommend giving my routine a shot!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2014 6:42 AM PDT

Cellucor C4 Extreme Workout Supplement, Icy Blue Razz, 342 Gram
Cellucor C4 Extreme Workout Supplement, Icy Blue Razz, 342 Gram
Offered by RedwoodStrong
Price: $39.15
32 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars C4 is definitely one of the best preworkouts on the market, January 27, 2014
I used C4 on and off for over a year, and here's my review:

PROS:

- Great energy boost
- Good muscle pump
- Doesn't hide everything behind a prop blend
- Tons of great flavors
- Cost effective

CONS:

- Would upset my stomach some days, which is probably due to the artificial sweeteners and food dyes (other people seem to have this issue too)
- They use 1G creatine nitrate, you need 5g creatine a day for maximal results, and I'm not taking 5 scoops of this a day, so why have it in here at all? I would rather get my creatine separately
- Tub is only a quarter full

Overall this is a solid pre-workout. I've been lifting for 10+ years and have tried probably close to 30 different kinds of pre-workouts, and I would definitely say this is in the top 3.

BTW, I just recently found what I think is my favorite of all preworkouts I've tried: LEGION Pulse Pre-Workout Supplement - 100% Naturally Sweetened. The formulation is, hands down, the best on the market and I really like that it's naturally sweetened and has no artificial junk to upset my stomach.
Comment Comments (34) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2014 1:56 PM PST

Proactiv Solution Deep Cleansing Wash 24 Oz
Proactiv Solution Deep Cleansing Wash 24 Oz
Offered by Morning Beauty
Price: $46.95
6 used & new from $35.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well., October 3, 2012
I started to develop acne on my back and shoulders from my time spent in the gym, and regular products from the drug store and bars of soap weren't helping, so I decided to try out Proactiv.

Been using this product every day, sometimes twice a day for a couple weeks now. Definitely noticed an improvement in the acne around my shoulders and back.

Would recommend to anybody looking for a good product if the standard bar of soap isn't doing the job.

The Manual- A guide to the Ultimate Study Method (USM); covering Speed Reading, Super Memory, Laser Concentration, Rapid Mental Arithmetic and the Ultimate Study Method (USM)
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book that had quite a bit of information, March 20, 2012
As you can tell from the Table of Contents, this book is FULL of study tricks, such as speed reading, techniques for quick mental math, easy memorization, enhancing concentration and focus, and more.

I was familiar with a lot of the methods taught in this book, but I learned a few new tricks, so that was cool. There were some grammar mistakes and spots where the writing seemed a bit rushed, but it wasn't a big deal.

All in all, I'm happy with my purchase.

I also just finished The Power of Words: Unlock Your Ability to Learn and Do Anything and found it fascinating and incredibly practical as a student. I wish I would've read this book years ago... I would've gotten way better grades.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2012 6:50 PM PDT