Profile for Robert Donaldson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Donaldson RSS Feed

RAM
RAM
Price: $31.33
29 used & new from $5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Exploring the Moods of Life, October 11, 2013
This review is from: RAM (Vinyl)
It's just one of those albums you pop into the player, and you know the next 30 minutes of your life is just going to be okay. Ram portrays comfort music qualities of a Beatles album, yet succeeds in pushing the limits of the styles, moods, and melodies music can offer. Underrated, this album could easily bump shoulders with the likes of the White Album, Revolver, or Sgt. Pepper's.

MGMT
MGMT
Price: $6.99
112 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Casual Music Listener, October 11, 2013
This review is from: MGMT (Audio CD)
It's easy to spin a mainstream pop record down the track list, being the same person in the end as you were before the listen. However, MGMT offers a musically mind expanding journey by pushing the limits on what our perception of music really can really be. Throughout history, greatness is often rejected at first; it takes a bit for the collective to catch up with the pioneering artsits. With an album like this, expect 3-4 full listens before you begin to rise up to their frequency.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 11:46 AM PDT

Oracular Spectacular
Oracular Spectacular
Price: $7.99
149 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kaleidoscope for the Ears; Insights to the Future, November 2, 2012
This review is from: Oracular Spectacular (Audio CD)
Masterfully produced, Oracular Spectacular seems to resemble some kind of audible, dopamine releasing drug, while simultaneously hitting the listener with a strong dose of subliminal cosmic wisdom. MGMT manages to evoke sounds from some kind of higher, future universe where everything glows and sings.

Caramel Cacao Truffle Bar 2.3oz truffle by Righteously Raw
Caramel Cacao Truffle Bar 2.3oz truffle by Righteously Raw
Offered by GROUNDS FOR TEA
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is How Chocolate Bars SHOULD be, April 5, 2012
A luscious layer of "caramel" sandwiched between two velvety smooth layers of fine raw cacao. As soon as you bite into this bar you'll be captivated by the contrasting textures and flavors that compliment each other to perfection. Comes complete with nutrients and a long lasting energetic mood lift. The wondrous world of raw vegan food just got a little better.

Living Intentions: Gone Nuts! Maple Mesquite Flour Candied Walnuts, 3.5oz (Raw/Sprouted Snacks)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Luxurious, March 29, 2012
Organic, Soaked, Raw, Great Tasting. It's like crunchy cinnamon waffles with syrup in the morning, or anytime. Packed full of nutrients and life, these walnuts reign supreme in my snack cabinet.

Raw Revolution Organic Live Food Bars, Spirulina Dream, 1.8-Ounce Bars (Pack of 12)
Price: $17.83
24 used & new from $16.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Indulgence for Raw Fooders, January 20, 2012
The revolution is growing... I am happy to live in a time when healthy, raw, vegan lifestyle choices can be made with ease and grace. These bars are scrumptious and tasty, complying with just about every raw fooder's standard on good, live food. When I first picked up a bar, I scanned the package, skeptical and discerning, for I knew anything that comes in a wrapper is instantly up for inspection. I could not find a single thing wrong with these bars!! They are the real deal. They are a raw fooder's best friend for a snack on the go, a meal substitute on a diet (or no diet, they are quite filling), and lately I've been pondering how they would fare mixed into a smoothie ;). I'm subscribed and I'm saving!

Food Inc.
Food Inc.
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuff Said, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Food Inc. (Amazon Instant Video)
So much has already been said on this amazing, eye-opening production, so I need not elaborate any further. I give it five stars because it helps the truth-seeking consumer get a better understanding for the process in which their food is made. Documentaries such as these are just one piece of the puzzle to attract a compassionate Earth, free of corruption in all respects.

Henrys Viper Flux Yo-Yo - White
Henrys Viper Flux Yo-Yo - White
Offered by YoYoSam's Skill Toy Superstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to Last, December 2, 2011
My father brought this yo-yo home for me about 10 years ago as a gift upon his return from Europe. Had a great time with it then, and had just recently pulled it out for a spin for old times sake. 10 years later it still works like a charm and sleeps like baby. I highly recommend this yo-yo for anyone, young or old, who wants quality that will last.

First Lessons in Bach, Complete: For the Piano (Schirmer's Library of Musical Classics)
by Walter Carroll
Price: $8.99
63 used & new from $4.43

5.0 out of 5 stars A Godsend, July 17, 2011
After years of fiddling with difficult sonatas and other random pieces I realized I was getting nowhere fast with the piano. Working off of some basic skills aquired from a year of piano in the second grade and 7 years of cello in school orchestra, I knew I could easily teach myself if given the right material to build on. After much searching I came across First Lessons in Bach and never looked back! The first few pieces were just at my level and were short and easy repertoire builders. Its been 3-4 months and I have already memorized the first of two books, playing memorized pieces with ease and joy! All songs are short, sweet, and full of musical wisdom. This book has changed my entire approach to the piano.

Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Cashews,  1 Pound  Pouch (Pack of 2)
Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Cashews, 1 Pound Pouch (Pack of 2)
Offered by Nature's Happiness Organic Superfood Store
Price: $54.95
5 used & new from $54.95

5.0 out of 5 stars In Search for the Perfect Cashew, May 26, 2011
Cashews are a a relatively new food for me. I began eating them roasted about a year ago for nutrition. But ever since I became a raw vegan I began to find the taste of the roasted cashews spoiling and their effects on me disappointing. At this point I began my venture for RAW cashews, for they have been raved about in every raw food book I laid eyes on. I bought my first batch of raw cashews from Fresh Market, and although a little expensive, I instantly fell in love with their chewy texture and milky flavor. "These taste like cake!" I thought. After buying raw cashews from several other retailers (including Whole Foods) I never quite found the same quality as I experienced on my first venture. Then I bought Navita's. They completely blew all others out of the water! And they are organic! Creamy texture, wholesome flavor, nutrient rich. They are at a completely different level from all store bought cashews I have tried. Experience the wonder of nature and pick up a few bags!