Profile for Joel Fritz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 104

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joel Fritz "Barrelhouse Solly" RSS Feed (N Ca)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Case Logic DCB-304 Compact System/Hybrid Camera Case (Black)
Case Logic DCB-304 Compact System/Hybrid Camera Case (Black)
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $12.95
43 used & new from $9.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Serviceable Case, October 2, 2014
It's a sturdy, serviceable case that, as described in the copy, fits my compact system camera. The only drawback is the manufacturer's logo badge. When I have a moment I'm going to take a seam ripper to it. I don't like to be a billboard unless I get paid for it.

Sony NEX-6L/B Compact Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens and 3-Inch LED (Black)
Offered by RitzCamera
Price: $889.99
109 used & new from $505.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera--Does What I Want It to Do without Any Fuss, October 2, 2014
I always wanted a rangefinder 35mm camera that supported interchangeable lenses back in the days of film. This is an excellent digital analogue. It has a viewfinder which makes taking outdoor pictures in bright light possible. It has a tiltable led display that works well indoors and allows you to hold the camera at waist height like a twin lens reflex. The kit lens, to my eye, is very good. The pictures are sharp and undistorted. The APS-C sensor is the same size as in non full frame DSLRs. The manual modes--full, aperture, and shutter priority--are easy to use. The controls are sensibly laid out and accessible. I've never had so much fun with a camera.

Deli 4-pack Mini Pencil Sharpener (Hedgehog) - Double Sharpener Holds
Deli 4-pack Mini Pencil Sharpener (Hedgehog) - Double Sharpener Holds
Offered by Ziyier G & E
Price: $22.00
2 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just a Pretty Face, October 2, 2014
These are great. Not only are they hedgehogs, they're also completely functional hand held pencil sharpeners. I never expect an inexpensive pencil sharpener to work well but these are an exception. They put a sharp point on a pencil without breaking the lead or tearing up the wood. Got them for my wife, our 2 granddaughters, and me. We're all happy.

Samsung DA29-00003G NSF Certified Refrigerator Water Filter, Certified Green By Swift Green Filters
Offered by FRASER DISTRIBUTION
Price: $20.78
5 used & new from $20.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, July 21, 2014
Seems to work fine. We have foul tasting tap water. Before we had a refrigerator with water we used a filter pitcher.

Pyle-Pro PDWM96 Lavalier Wireless Microphone System
Pyle-Pro PDWM96 Lavalier Wireless Microphone System
Price: $10.99
66 used & new from $9.37

4.0 out of 5 stars I always dreamed of the electric kazoo. Now I have one. Bonus: It's wireless., July 18, 2014
I'm probably not the typical buyer for this item. I used it to fulfill my dream of having an electric kazoo. It's not as weird as it sounds, maybe. I'm a semi-pro musician who sings and plays guitar. I have a home made kazoo that I use in a harmonica rack. It's really hard to get the kazoo at the right distance from the vocal mic when it's set up for singing. I clip the mic to the bell of my kazoo. Since I'm using it to amplify a kazoo I'm not too concerned about frequency response or distortion. For my purposes this works really well. I'd like it more if it weren't omnidrectional, but at this price I'm not going to complain.

OPI Nail Envy Matte, 0.5-Fluid Ounce
OPI Nail Envy Matte, 0.5-Fluid Ounce
Offered by Altima Beauty
Price: $9.20
32 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Made guitar nails out of tissue paper, July 18, 2014
I've played the guitar since I was 15. My nails are third rate, probably made from post-consumer waste. I've always used fingerpicks. My wife suggested I try OPI nail hardener. I can play without picks now. I had been using the gloss flavor. I like the matte because it doesn't look like I'm wearing nail polish unless you look closely. Great stuff.

Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power for Nexus 4 5 7 10 Galaxy Nexus & Samsung Galaxy S 3 III 4 IV 5 V.
Offered by AccMart
Price: $1.80
41 used & new from $1.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, July 18, 2014
Cables are not very sexy items. They can't do tricks or fetch the newspaper. The best thing you can say about them is that they work and are decently built. This one works. It's probably not built well enough to use outdoors in Antarctica or a war zone. I live in the suburbs and use it indoors.

August MR240B Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound Systems - Bluetooth Wireless Music Adaptor for Home Stereo / Headphones / Portable Speakers / Apple / iPhone / iPod Docks - Bluetooth Enable your Audio Devices
Offered by Daffodil US
Price: $16.45

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, July 18, 2014
I bought this to use my Android music player in a speaker dock with an iPod connector. It works. The stereo cable output works too. Once again Anything but iPod.

Monoprice 10-Feet USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable with Ferrite Core (Gold Plated) (105449)
Price: $4.89
9 used & new from $0.44

4.0 out of 5 stars works as expected--it's a cable, July 18, 2014
I often buy Monoprice cables. They work and they're inexpensive.

Remington F5-5800 Rechargeable Foil with Interceptor Shaving Technology
Remington F5-5800 Rechargeable Foil with Interceptor Shaving Technology
Price: $29.99
40 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Early days but so far so good, May 3, 2014
Received it a week ago. I wanted an electric shaver to use during this summer's water rationing. It's doing a decent job so far. It's the newer version of the only sub $100 shaver Consumer Reports liked in its last round of testing. I have a heavy beard. I can get an acceptable shave in 3 or 4 minutes and a close to shaving against the grain with a blade shave in a couple of more minutes. I've been using slightly diluted rubbing alcohol as a pre-shave. Looked at the ingredients in the ones at the store and found that they were alcohol with scents. I hate the scents. The alcohol evaporates. One caveat. Remington apparently decided that, in order to pluck the masculinity string, the shaver had to be big. It's not so big that it's hard to control but it's clearly larger than it needs to be. There are smaller tasers. Think of it as a shaver with tail fins.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11