Profile for M. Lohrke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 515

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Lohrke RSS Feed (Saratoga Springs, UT)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dr. Scholl's Electronic Pedicure Foot File and Smoother for Everything from Calluses to Pedicures
Price: $36.28
8 used & new from $35.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great - would be better if it came with a plug or could be recharged, March 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I live in Southern California and live in sandals about 98% of the year. To make matters worse, I'm cheap so I never get pedicures. My feet are dry, especially on my heels and outside my toes. I own a highly-rated and beloved "diamond file" that I purchased on Amazon, but I don't use it regularly because it's such a chore and a serious arm workout. My dry skin + laziness made me super stoked to try this electronic foot file. I was skeptical that it would live up to the diamond file I love so much, but was willing to get it a try. The first time I turned this baby on, I was surprised and how well it worked! I think I had a permenant grin on my face as I could see the dry skin effortlessly flaking off. The rotating file is painless, I didn't flinch or feel the slightest discomfort. Immediately the roller began doing it's job, and after just a few minutes my skin was noticably soft. I used the roller on one foot so I could compare the results, and the soft results undeniable! On one hand, you don't need to apply much pressure for this device to work. On the other hand, with traditional foot files, being able to apply extra pressure is a huge plus when working with very callused skin. This roller did a pretty decent job but I did find myself wanting it to work just a little harder. It may not compare to a heavy duty foot rasps where you can apply additional pressure, but it is such an easy product to use, I can't wait to use it again. One con is that it is battery operated. Really, Scholl's? I wish it had a plug or could at least be charged. I don't know how long the product will work with batteries, but I'm already not looking forward to replacing them.​

Fisher-Price Dora and Friends Play It Two Ways Guitar
Fisher-Price Dora and Friends Play It Two Ways Guitar
Offered by House of Greene WNY LLC
Price: $9.99
45 used & new from $7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some bells and whistles, loses appeal quickly., March 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like musical instruments. A lot. However, the Dora guitar is just loud noise that makes me want to hide the guitar from my children, or shove it under a cushion. You have the option of playing electric guitar or acoustic guitar, but honestly, it sounds the same to me: NOISE! When you have two or more toddlers...then you can understand the noise that exists with just these little humans. Add a battery operated guitar and you may just want to pull your hair out. The children liked playing the guitar now and again, for a few days, but it's already lost it's appeal and we've only had it a week or two. Pros: it's very small, and colorful, and has lots of buttons (5) to push for different sounds, and she speaks in Spanish and English and the price is right, even if your child ends up not playing with it a lot. But maybe they'll love it!?

T.S. Shure Alphabet Letters Wooden Magnets 26 Piece MagnaFun Set
T.S. Shure Alphabet Letters Wooden Magnets 26 Piece MagnaFun Set
Price: $8.25
22 used & new from $8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars great for little tots and totettes, March 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This beautiful collection of magnetic alphabet letters is leaps and bounds ahead of your classic plastic magnetic letters, that you just hate and want to throw away! They are beautiful, colorful and easy to handle and the children love identifying the images associated with each letter. They come with a functional carry-case and a lid to keep them snug and tight. Oddly enough, our set included 2 letter E's! :) Now we can spell works like BEET and MEET! We love these letters and our 2 year old boy was excited to open them on his birthday and stick them all over our fridge.

Cuties Baby Diapers, Size 4, 31 Count (Pack of 4)
Cuties Baby Diapers, Size 4, 31 Count (Pack of 4)
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars comparable to pampers and huggies., March 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
"We have never used this brand of diapers before (we usually use pampers or Huggies) but found that these held up just as well as the more recognized brands. We had no issues with leaking or having the tabs tear off and our baby wore them for about 5 hours before she needed to be changed. All in all comparable to major brands and would recommend.

Murdered: Soul Suspect [Online Game Code]
Murdered: Soul Suspect [Online Game Code]
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ghosts can smoke ghost cigarettes. Who knew?, March 1, 2015
I really didn't have any expectation I fired up Murdered: Soul Suspect the other day (I got as part of the Square Enix 2 Humble Bundle, which is amazing). I knew going in that I wasn't really a fan of "interactive storytelling" games as I don't believe they're really "games." I thought it might be something like Alan Wake, which I wasn't that big of a fan of either. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I though I'd give it a try, but I was pretty ambivalent about it all.

Well, turns out I'm pleasantly surprised by my experience with this game. The set us is pretty simple: find out who killed you and why. Sure, it's more than that as there's a smattering of side missions, collectables, etc, but the main thrust is solving your own murder in the small town of Salem, which, of course, is appropriately spooky and populated by other dead folks and demons. As expected, Murdered is about atmosphere. The Unreal Engine is really showing it's age here. It doesn't look all that great for a game released in 2014, but there's a certain charm to it. The voice acting is more than fine and while it's not really "scary," it is intriguing and I wanted to find out what happened and why.. That's a good thing. It's one of those games where you look down at your watch and realize a couple of hours have passed without you even realizing it.

It does feel like more of a game than I was expecting. Sure, most of the time you're analyzing clues, walking around crime scenes, possessing people and listening in on their thoughts (and occasionally "influencing" them), but I found it largely compelling, and kind of fun. I don't believe you should pay for than a $10 for it, so if it gets below that price (which is currently is at Humble Bundle), than go for it. Unfortunately, the early reviews probably sank Murdered chances for success, but don't let the so-called Professional Critics dissuade you from giving it a try. Just don't expect heavy action, shooting, etc, etc.

Kensington KP400 Switchable Bluetooth Keyboard for Windows PC, iPad or Android Tablets and iPhone or Android Smartphones (K72322US)
Offered by TheFactoryDepot
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $54.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Wired/USB keyboard, February 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been playing with the Kensington KP400 Switchable Bluetooth Keyboard this morning and I've found it to be a great product. I won't speak to the technical specs as I'm not well-versed in the lingo, but I will go into what I tested, how it worked, etc.

First of all, the presentation is quite nice. It measures 17" x 5", so it doesn't take up a lot of space. It's got a matte black finish and feels very much like an iMac keyboard but with the addition of a number pad, which is great. When I connected it to my PC via the USB cable, it was immediately recognized and downloaded the drivers. The keys are responsive and even did well when I played a few video games with it. I haven't tried to connect to an iPhone or iPad as I don't have either, but I was able to connect it to my Playstation 4 with ease and type out a message to my brother-in-law from my kitchen table.

I really like the on-the-fly ability to switch between a wired and a Bluetooth connection. When wired, you simply push Ctrl + 1 + the small button on the back of they keyboard and voila, you're connected to you device via Bluetooth. To revert to wired, simply push Ctrl + 1 and you're back. It's very convenient.

This is a keyboard that presents well, works as promised, and is a nice convenience to have if you spend any amount of time on a tablet.

Dying Light - PlayStation 4
Dying Light - PlayStation 4
Price: $56.60
41 used & new from $42.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The most FUN I've had playing a game in years., February 24, 2015
I honestly had no idea what to expect from Dying Light. I hadn't followed its development, knew nothing about it, and probably wasn't even going to play it. Heck, I don't even like zombies. They bore me. But one day I found myself with nothing to play, so I decided to buy it on a whim.

It's probably the best decision I've made in ages.

Here's the thing with Dying Light: its pure, unabashed fun. There are no huge moral dilemmas, no racial/gender/identity politics, its not trying make some grand statement. The message is simple: kill as many zombies as you can in as many clever ways you can. Sure, there's a story about an outbreak, some nefarious NGO, a "Big Bad," etc, but Dying Light is at its best you're free to roam Harran and slay the infected to your heart's content. And boy are there myriad ways to do it. You have plenty of weapons at your disposal, but the real satisfaction comes from trapping them in electric fences, launching "virals" into the lower stratosphere with car bombs, lighting oil slicks on fire with molotovs, drop kicking them into spiked telephone poles (so, so satisfying) or off rooftops, tossing exploding throwing stars at them and lord knows what else. There were times I just laughed when I drop kicked a zombie and impaled it on a spiked in some completely absurd position. It's the best.

What really sets Dying Light apart is what happens at nightfall. The first I went outside the safehouse, I found a covered, rooftop patio, curled up in the fetal position, sucked my thumb and waited for night to arrive. It was terrifying. The Volatiles are truly scary. But gradually you'll learn to venture out at night, avoid the volatiles, kill some zombies are even retrieve night drops. And you'll want to do those things because your points double at night. Towards the end of the game, I was getting upwards of 50,000 survivor points at night.

There's plenty of other things to do, too. The crafting is nearly limitless. There are power/agility challenges (which I personally didn't care for because there's so little margin for error and I generally don't like doing things 15 times just to pass them); there are quarantine zones to clear out or retrieve loot from; there's no shortage of side quests and items to loot. And where most games that claim to have expansive maps which in reality turn out to be just large expanses of rolling hills or plains, Dying Light's size actually means something because you can't go anywhere without confronting zombies. They're everywhere. If you want to travel to any part of the map, you'll have to fight your way to it.

I must say, too, it's a gorgeous game. Harran, even in the slums, is a beautiful place. There are no shortage of places to explore and sights to see. The attention to detail is terrific. Do yourself a favor and find a tall building to watch the sunset. It's a beautiful thing.

It took me 70 hours and 23 minutes to completed 100% of the story and 78% total completion. Yes, I took my time and completely maxed out all three skill trees. Also, I killed 4,511 zombies. Good times, good times.

I can't recommend this game enough.

Some pro tips: lock pick police vans. The good loots can be found inside. Molotovs are your friend. Go out at night. Steal all the airdrops (points! points! points!). Have fun! This a great game by just about any measure.

Crosman Youth Wild Horn Compound Bow
Crosman Youth Wild Horn Compound Bow
Price: $64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars For the little Katnisses and Legolases in your family., February 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Crosman Youth Wild Horn Compound Bow is great for the little archers (or if you have a smaller Missus, it'll work for her, too).

What I liked most about it was the size and weight are perfect for the 10-14 age range. It's not heavy at all, but sturdy enough that shooting arrows feels satisfying. It's small enough that you could easily set up some targets in the backyard and practice shots. The camouflage paint is nice and gives you a feeling of being out in the jungle, if only a suburban jungle.

I feel like the price point is very fair, too. It's a nice bow and you should pay a little more for a nice bow.

I would have no problem recommending the Crosman to anyone looking for an entry level bow for their children/Small Missus.

Annex Quad Lock Universal Bike Mount Kit - Black
Annex Quad Lock Universal Bike Mount Kit - Black
Price: $39.95
8 used & new from $35.16

5.0 out of 5 stars the best things come in small packages., February 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sometimes the effective and ingenious products come in very small packages. The Annex Quad Lock Universal Bike Mount kit is one of the products.

I was struck by just has small this product is - and believe me, that's a good thing. It's so small as to be almost unnoticeable, meaning that you won't really even know it's on your bike while you ride. Unless, of course, you look down to sneak a peak at your phone.

I think this product is most effective when using your phone for navigation. A quick, simple glance down is all you need to make sure you're on the right path. It's perfect.

I give the Annex Quad Lock my most hardy recommendation.

CobraCo FB6200S Steel Fireplace
CobraCo FB6200S Steel Fireplace
Price: $229.95
2 used & new from $229.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I envision using the CobraCo for many years to come., February 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The best things the CobraCo FB6200S has going for it are its size and appearance. It's a terrific looking backyard fireplace. The brushed copper finish gives a nice, subtle reflection in sunlight and the size means you can just about take it anywhere!

Let's get to the details: 1 - first of all, it's not all that heavy. I'm a 5'11" guy and I had no problem lifting it on my own. An extra set of hands would be helpful, but you can certainly do it on your own. 2 - it took two of us about 30 minutes to assemble. It was simply a matter of screws and nuts. We found the instructions to be pretty straightforward and easy to follow. 2 - the reason I give this 4 stars instead of 5 is that the handle for the poker/screen removed arrived split in two (see photo). It could probably be fixed with wood glue, but I think its reasonable to expect all pieces to arrive in new condition.

What I love most about this is the size. It's big enough that making tin foil dinners, roasting marshmallows or hot dogs, or just sitting a cozy fire at night is a breeze. It's small enough that you can lift it and move to another part of the yard or even put in the back of the van or truck and take to a friends house. I really think this a great fireplace.

I added a few pictures of the assembled stove. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Comment Comment | Permalink