Profile for C. L. Turner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 64

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. L. Turner "Tutivillus" RSS Feed (Provo, Utah, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Bosch [HD]
Bosch [HD]
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed. I enjoyed enough NOT to need popcorn as ..., April 15, 2015
This review is from: Bosch [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
I enjoyed. I enjoyed enough NOT to need popcorn as a crutch! I will now allow myself to be disappointed by the books.

Interstellar [HD]
Interstellar [HD]
DVD
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Folks, when you watch this think - "If you ..., April 7, 2015
Folks, when you watch this think - "If you were a parent, what would you do to save your child's life. And if humanity was your child, what *wouldn't* you do if you had no limitations?" There.

Zen Speaks: Shouts of Nothingness
Zen Speaks: Shouts of Nothingness
by Tsai Chih Chung
47 used & new from $4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Book for any Buddhist, December 1, 2014
I believe this is one of the only 5 star reviews I've ever given.

Why a Buddhist comic book? Because you can simply open it, point to a page and work on THAT THING. If you have children and they are curious about Buddhism, voila! You have a damn comic book! If there are folk about who think it's just about sitting in a pond pondering bellybuttons, just hand them the book. Memorize the lessons and appear wise to those around you (well, or just memorize them for your own well-being).

Illustrated learning is a foundation of understanding.
That is all.

Apollo Horticulture Purple Sun COB Full Spectrum 300W LED Grow Light for Indoor Plant Growing

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Hippie Fishing!, December 1, 2014
"Purple Sun" is a very apt name for this product. It's solid, well ventilated, VERY bright and can be seen for miles if not hidden (that's just a warning if you're planning on growing illicit things in an open area). Also, hippies will come from miles around to be your friend.

Now, we actually just grow regular, legal variety herbs with this during winter (sage, lemon grass, etc. Seriously!). As warned by a few others, plants grown from seed will tolerate this light much better than those transplanted from normal sunlight; it takes some time for them to adjust to life under a purple sun.

I will be getting a few more of these, without question. Do not hesitate!

Plus, hippies can be pretty fun.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Let me tell you a tale of darkness, music, hippies and cat herding..., September 24, 2014
Festivals. Any festival requires light--dependable, variable, easily carried light. Art cars, wandering hippies in delicate states of consciousness, pitfalls of terrain...all of these require something you can depend on.

The ThruNite T10T is a beacon. Yes, it comes with a handy diffuser that happens to sit just above the lip of a tube of toilet paper (this is a boon, folks!) It's firefly mode is the perfect amount of light to keep you from becoming a Darkwad. It gets bright enough to blind scavengers.

I do kind of wish it had a "Hippie Stun Mode"...but I have other devices for that duty.

And in those rare cases when herding cats is a requirement, this flashlight will not fail. It goes all night. Yep!

Get it.

Comply Tsx-400 Comfort PLUS Earphone Tips (Black, 3 Pair, Mixed)
Comply Tsx-400 Comfort PLUS Earphone Tips (Black, 3 Pair, Mixed)
Price: $21.95
2 used & new from $17.56

4.0 out of 5 stars They Hold! Even with a helmet on., July 18, 2014
I hate stock earphone tips. They're uncomfortable when worn for extended periods (e.g. 13 hours on a plane or several hours on my motorcycle). They come out eventually (especially with a helmet on your head!) and they're not the best at isolating sound, even with noise cancelling earbuds.

The Comply Tsx-400 Comfort PLUS Earphone Tips seem to definitely be an improvement all around and well worth the money.

I have them on a pair of Audio-Technica ATH ANC3 NoiseCancel Earphones and they are great! Just roll the earbuds between your thumb and forefinger, insert, hold them in for a few seconds and voila! You're in your magical quiet place.

Now, if they just made a mouth plug like this for noisy babies on planes...

Ledge Sports Recluse Lightweight 3 Person Tent (100 X 70 - 50-Inch Height, 7.1-Pounds)
Price: $159.85

4.0 out of 5 stars More time for Tents and Wind!, June 17, 2014
When there's a call for smaller tents, faster setup and something you could pack on a motorcycle, this is a great option.

The Ledge Sports Recluse is exactly what they advertise. It's clever, well thought-out and pretty strong! First setup outdoors was in a good wind. 10 minutes and done. Inside accommodated 2 cots. Throw the rain fly on and you get the clever vestibules to store your stuff and/or deflecting wind. Ironically, it was actually a bit cold outside at night (for summer...it got into the upper 40's!) and the tent was nicely toasty without getting stuffy. So I'd give it a definite plus on the ventilation.

Internal pockets are kinda odd...laid out for a "head-to-foot" layout. I don't want to smell someone's feet when I sleep. So I'll just dump stuff in the extra pocket by my feet, thanks!

Didn't rain at all, but we did throw a wet towel at it. Big plus there.

All-in-all, recommended! It will get its true test at the Burn.

Columbia River Knife and Tool TPENWK Williams Tactical Pen
Columbia River Knife and Tool TPENWK Williams Tactical Pen
Price: $38.49
65 used & new from $23.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Japan, June 11, 2014
I carry a knife. I fly on planes, a lot. I cannot carry a knife on planes and I don't want to carry a knife in some of the countries I visit, but I want that tactical sense of security one can only get from sharp, pointy things.

Thus, I bought this Columbia River Knife and Tool TPENWK Williams Tactical Pen (that's what I call it! "What's that?" I answer: "Well, I'm glad you asked! It's my Columbia River Knife and Tool TPENWK Williams Tactical Pen!").

For instance. Japan.

There are occasions I may ...find... myself in some ...questionable... locations in this awesome Country. There is the occasional ...sketchy... situation where one wants to reach into ones pocket and just know that one has options in case things go south, or in case one needs to jot a quick note to the loved ones.

Either way, your Columbia River Knife and Tool TPENWK Williams Tactical Pen has got it covered!

Then there's home...where one just occasionally wants to randomly poke obnoxious strangers in the leg or one needs to scrawl an IOU to the local proprietor of the neighborhood pub!

Again, your Columbia River Knife and Tool TPENWK Williams Tactical Pen has got it covered!

I really enjoy my Columbia River Knife and Tool TPENWK Williams Tactical Pen.
Even when I'm carrying my knife.

Boogie Board Folio Case for Boogie Board Sync 9.7 eWriter (SP1010001)
Boogie Board Folio Case for Boogie Board Sync 9.7 eWriter (SP1010001)
Price: $19.90
8 used & new from $17.91

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a case..., June 11, 2014
This is a case. Is it a "Folio" case? Sorry, lost a star for that one. Why? Because I'm a geek.

I think of the term "folio" in a sense of traditional terms. Something of a specific size, something folded from a single sheet. Something that "opens". This case does none of the above, really. It's a functional case for the Sync and it's not a bad case! It could use some softer material on the inside, because there's always the fear of scratching the surface (screen), but it's going to get scratched anyway. I mean, you're scribbling on it. Sometimes you're even swearing while you're scribbling! And you may even be scribbling, swearing and writing boldly stated letters! So yes, it will get scratched despite the case.

And I guess it sounds all nice and "hoity-toity" walking around with your new-fangled writing gadget, scribbling and transferring your boldly stated letters and storing said device in its "folio".

But...it's just a case. And it's "okay".

PS, it also works well as a firm support for traditional paper writing, just in case you want to get REALLY eccentric!

Columbia River Knife and Tool 1070 Koki Hara Ichi 2.5-Inch Blade Knife, Black/Gray
Offered by Makais
Price: $20.07
11 used & new from $15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars The "almost" EDC...except for the near Wine disaster., June 11, 2014
I bought this as a small EDC.

Loved the simple design of the blade, the handle and the overall look. It is a great knife and makes a good little carry! For months I was pleased. Yes, a few gripes here and there...the release was not my favorite and deployment of said pointy blade took some work to get "flicky" (but it's a small knife! What do you expect!)

Then came the "near Wine disaster"...

Moab, UT - Fall of 2012.

My (now) Fiance, (still) daughter and I were in Moab for a weekend of hiking. We had gathered in one of our hotel rooms for a few glasses of wine when we discovered that we had no corkscrew. Yes, cry for us now if you will. These were no screw-top bottles of wine! No! Genuine faux cork for us!

Never one to panic in such situations, I turned to my trusty little Koki Hara Ichi! Down into the cork it went. Me, positioned over the bottle, carefully stabbing into the "cork" with that pointy blade just far enough to flip the handle down 90 degrees and screw that cork out!

Unfortunately, my thumb pressed against the blade lock and the handle flipped. I came |--| ... That close to knocking my grown daughter's eye out with flying bits of thumb! Fortunately, I felt the lock release and let it go before the blade removed the opposable digit that separates cat from man!

Big design flaw, since I view "emergency cork-screw" as key to the purpose of an EDC!

Also...if you drop the knife and it hits tip first, you bend the tip easily. Expected, not a design flaw...just something to note...in case you're clumsy...like me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7