Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for C. McDannold > Reviews

Browse

C. McDannold's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. McDannold "Dano" RSS Feed (Kentucky)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Despicable Me: Minion Rush
Despicable Me: Minion Rush

2.0 out of 5 stars Not available for Fire devices?, January 8, 2016
This review is from: Despicable Me: Minion Rush (App)
How is it possible that apps in your appstore are incompatible and/or don't even show up in the appstore on a Fire device? Current gen, not the old ones.

Cars: Fast as Lightning
Cars: Fast as Lightning

1.0 out of 5 stars Why my Web history?, October 28, 2015
This review is from: Cars: Fast as Lightning (App)
More and more these apps want to read data that they have no business seeing or using. I wish there was a way to decline an update citing privacy / permission concerns. Free or not, a game only needs to know if you have a data connection at most.

Evocel® Lumia 640 [Dual Layer Series] Hybrid Armor Protector Case For Microsoft Lumia 640 - Retail Packaging, Fire Engine Red (EVO-NK640-SA03)
Offered by Evocel
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe and sound, July 1, 2015
Nice case. Device feels secure and protected. Casr material is smooth without being slippery. It does make it very easy to hit the power button though, but not a deal-killer. Only thing it is lacking is a built-in screen protector. Fair substitute for a Trident Cyclops case.

Mr Shield For (Nokia) Microsoft Lumia 640 [Tempered Glass] screen protector [0.3mm Ultra Thin 9H Hardness 2.5D Round Edge] with Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Offered by Mr.Shield
Price: $21.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, but greatly decreases touch sensitivity, July 1, 2015
Easy to put on, but watch the video as you do it. If you're careful, this will not interfere with cases that wrap around the bezel. Looks beautiful on the device. However, you'll lose all touch sensitivity. Unless you have very oily fingers, you will not generate enough friction to make the phone work as it does when the screen is bare. Note that the Lumia 640 does not have a setting for increased touch sensitivity which may mitigate my issue. Want to love this, but it does not work for me. Would attempt to return, but already disposed of packaging not paying attention on trash night. Stick with plastic/polymer protectors to preserve friction.

Star WarsTM: Galactic Defense
Star WarsTM: Galactic Defense

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but battery eater, May 4, 2015
Pretty good game. Easy to learn. A bit tedious to control and manage battlefield on a phone. Big issue is it kills your battery. Played for 20 minutes, lost 30% battery reserve on a Galaxy Note 3.

'Allo 'Allo! - The Complete Series Six
'Allo 'Allo! - The Complete Series Six
DVD ~ David Croft
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $15.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Great series, terrible quality control on Series 6 set, September 28, 2014
Disc 2 is absolutely blank as in no data on disc. I've been through 4 of these including the defective one in the box set, and all have the disc 2 issue. I suggest trying to go through the manufacturer for resolution.

Frigidaire 5303918301 Garage Kit for Refrigerator
Frigidaire 5303918301 Garage Kit for Refrigerator
Offered by TOP PARTS
Price: $19.80
6 used & new from $14.36

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a fridge in your garage, you need this, January 5, 2014
I'm not the world's best handyman, but I can work out most problems in my house. I'll admit, this intimidated me though. If you read the directions, it looks like you're extracting the innards of your refrigerator to install what looks like a tiny version of one of those emergency blanks, albeit with heating coil attached. However, the overall install took me about 15 minutes, and I only needed an extra hand for about 30 seconds while I placed the sheet in its proper place (needed to hold some wires out of my way). Since I've installed this, I can attest that it does keep your refrigerator running when the temperature dips in your garage. This one's a no-brainer - just buy it, take your time, read the directions closely and match what you see to what they show (I think in most cases, it will be an exact image of what you're looking at in real life).

Fintie SmartShell Case for Apple iPad Air (iPad 5th Gen, 2013 Model) Ultra Slim Lightweight PU Leather Front Cover with Frost Transparent Hard Back Shell (Auto Wake / Sleep Feature), Orange
Offered by Fintie
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good substitute for the overpriced Apple smart cover, January 5, 2014
Initially, I was skeptical as I found the website of the seller to be a bit...unrefined. At any rate, this was the color my son wanted, and Apple does not do color, so we went this route.

"Color" me surprised! This has a hard shell that your iPad snaps into which covers everything except the buttons and ports - no problems using any of them either. Also the cover itself is pretty well padded & sturdy. My only gripe is that the tri-fold feature is a bit convoluted and seems a bit unstable when viewing upright (as shown in the pictures here).

However, I still recommend this product. I believe you'll be pleased - especially for the price.

GreatShield Ultra Smooth Clear (HD) Screen Protector Guard for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III - LIFETIME WARRANTY (3 Pack)
Offered by GreatShield Store
Price: $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to install bubble- or dust-free, January 5, 2014
I don't review many things I buy, but when I have a bad experience, I feel it is my duty to share.

I've used lots of screen protectors - dry, re-attachable, wet - and bar none this brand is the worst. I've installed this brand on an iPad, a Nook HD, a Galaxy Note 3, and an iPhone 5s. All of them - I'll repeat to be clear - ALL OF THEM - used all 3 sheets in the package to even get CLOSE to being dust free. I finally gave up on the 3rd sheet on all of them because I had run out of protectors to try.

I thought these were a good deal at the price and the fact you get multiple sheets in the package. I even chalked up the first sheet having problems to me, but when ALL three sheets in ALL the packages have issues, there is a design issue here. No one has a clean room in their home, but after using the little "tape trick" (among other ideas) they purport both before, during, and after the install, there is still dust. Be warned, once you remove the adhesive from the "Step 1" side, every dust mote in the vicinity will be drawn to this sheet because of the static generated by peeling the backing. And you can forget getting the sheet on perfectly as readjusting the sheet during install just makes the problem worse.

I'll never, ever buy from these guys again, and strongly suggest you avoid them. I've had much more success with Skinomi - yes, it's a wet install, but I've never had a bubble or dust issue with them. I thought I'd try something dry for a change. I was wrong. About $45 wrong for all my devices.

GreatShield Ultra Smooth Clear (HD) Screen Protector Film for Apple iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C - AT&T Verizon Sprint T-mobile & International Models GSM/CDMA - LIFETIME WARRANTY (3 Pack)
Offered by GreatShield Store