Profile for Guam Reggae > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Guam Reggae RSS Feed (Guam, USA)

Simplicity
Simplicity
Price: $10.00
42 used & new from $7.89

1.0 out of 5 stars This album sucks!, July 4, 2014
This review is from: Simplicity (Audio CD)
I've been a hardcore fan of Tesla since they were City Kid on Guam. This album sucks!

The Lyrics Of Prince Rogers Nelson/: A Literary Look At A Creative, Musical Poet, Philosopher, And Storyteller
by Claude L. McInnis Jr.
Price: $40.00
10 used & new from $40.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the typical Prince Fan - Very Boring Read!, April 22, 2014
This book reads like it was written by a high school student trying to fill up pages so they meet the required number of pages. It just keeps going on and on about the author's opinion on "The Meaning of Prince." The worst Prince book I have ever bought. This book is so stupid, it pisses me off! I am a huge Prince collector. I have over 100 books, every CD and single ever released and about 300 bootleg CDs. I don't even want this book in my collection. I threw it in the trash. What a waste of paper. If you want read a real book on Prince get: Prince: Inside the Music and the Masks by Ronin Ro or DMSR boy Per Nilsen.

May you live to see the dawn.

Live Sentence
Live Sentence
Price: $12.99
33 used & new from $6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars A great live CD from the past., March 31, 2014
This review is from: Live Sentence (Audio CD)
Great live cd. If you love 80s metal, you will love this CD. Better than I expected. Buy it now.

Randy Rhoads
Randy Rhoads
by Steven Rosen and Andrew Klein
Price: $50.18
4 used & new from $50.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this book while you can. It will never be available again!, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Randy Rhoads (Hardcover)
The estate and family of late Ozzy Osbourne and Quiet Riot guitarist Randy Rhoads have filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court against the authors and publisher of a new coffee table book about the legendary musician.

The following announcement about the lawsuit and their reasons for it was sent out: In late 2012 Randy Rhoads mother, Delores Rhoads, siblings Kathryn Rhoads D'Argenzio and Kelle Rhoads, learned that a coffee table book titled "Randy Rhoads" had been released, co-authored by Andrew Klein and rock writer Steven Rosen with the assistance of Peter Margolis and Denny Anderson.

The family obtained a copy of the book. They were both astonished and horrified to see that Klein and Margolis are holding themselves out as "experts" on the life of Randy Rhoads, implying that they had the approval and cooperation of the Rhoads family, which they did not.

On April 1, 2007, Margolis entered into an agreement with the Rhoads family to produce a single documentary film on the life of Randy Rhoads. Margolis assured the family that the film would be completed within three years. From that point on, however, Margolis himself did not own any of the ideas and materials obtained or created in the production of the documentary, or any of the photos, videos or sound recordings collected for use in it, having assigned all of that to Dakota Films, the company financing and producing the documentary. Over the next several years, Margolis, Klein and others, working for Dakota Films, went forward with the project. Although Margolis reportedly claimed, as of early 2012, that the documentary was completed - "in the can"--it has never been released. Individuals who saw portions of it during production have reported that it was "edited poorly and unprofessionally," and that the quality of the film was "abysmal." The Rhoads family was frustrated by what they considered the mediocre quality of Margolis's film, and by the fact that the "official documentary" they had so long hoped for had never come to fruition. This has been especially painful for Randy's mother, Delores Rhoads, who is now in her nineties, and has spent the last three decades carefully preserving and advancing the legacy of her son.

The family contends that Margolis and Klein have stolen the materials; they have no rights or ownership of, from the failed documentary. They used them in the book, in order to try to exploit Randy and the family for their own profit, while trying to establish themselves as "authorities" on Randy Rhoads. They have falsely implied that they have the Rhoads family's support and cooperation for the unauthorized book. The family emphasizes that in no way did they authorize or participate in publication of the book, nor have they had anything more to do with either Margolis or Klein since the production of the unreleased documentary ended.

Moreover, according to the family's complaint, the book contained more than fifty instances in which Klein and Margolis had used without permission photos, excerpts from interviews and other personal information that had been provided to them by the Rhoads family solely and exclusively for use in the authorized documentary film and for no other purpose.

The Randy Rhoads Estate and family have filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court against the filmmakers and now authors Peter Margolis and Andrew Klein, the publishing company Velocity Publishing Group, Inc., and co-author Steven Rosen. The suit arises out of a failed documentary film project on the life of Randy Rhoads, and the defendants' recent publication of a book arising out of their involvement in that film project. The defendants are alleged to having made extensive and, unauthorized use of personal information and photos from that documentary project, and are accused of fraud, breach of contract, invasion of privacy, and misappropriation of rights of publicity.

Inside The Music And The Masks (Audio Book)
Inside The Music And The Masks (Audio Book)
Price: $28.21
10 used & new from $18.63

5.0 out of 5 stars What an interesting story of Prince., December 9, 2012
I started buying Prince stuff when "Dirty Mind" came out. Since then I have bought every album, single I could find. I have all the NPG Music Club stuff and a large pile of bootleg and live recordings. Prince has always been a huge influence in my life. I will continue to be one. Prince is my favorite. Now after saying all that, I now know why Prince has been so secretive his whole career. When the "Truth" comes out, it can easily wash away the illusions that one builds up about someone. I don't know if anything in this book is true, but it does seem to logical and it matches many of the things I have heard and read over the years. All in all this is an excellently written story. I love listening to it. While listening to the audio book I had to think to myself, "How did this author get all this information?" Out of all the Prince stuff I have read, this one is as close to perfect as I have ever seen. I highly recommend reading this book. I have never bought an audio book before, but I enjoyed listening to this one. It is also another fat CD package to add to my Prince collection.

Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)
Live At Sweden Rock Festival (CD+DVD)
Price: $11.88
29 used & new from $9.54

1.0 out of 5 stars I threw this album out my car window., November 6, 2012
I love Triumph. I love live albums. But this one is TERRIBLE. Right now on the side of the road in front of the Wendy's in Mangilao Guam, there is a copy of this. I threw it out the window it was so bad. I have over 10,000 CDs in my collection. I don't want to die and later have one of my kids here this and think I though it was good. The singing is awful. The crowd interaction is awful. The guitar work is sloppy. I really wanted this CD. I am disgusted with it. It is heartless and has no soul. This CD should have never been released. Wow....what more can I say. Bands have to know when to quit sometimes!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2014 7:41 PM PDT

Hold Back the Curse
Hold Back the Curse

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best rocking albums ofvall time., October 11, 2012
This review is from: Hold Back the Curse (Audio CD)
I paid $70 for this cd and don't regret it. This band is great. It you like Tool, Danzig, Black Sabbath....you will love Hogpig!!!!!

British Lion
British Lion
Offered by POETS CORNER
Price: $9.99
48 used & new from $2.62

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry...Not a good album., October 11, 2012
This review is from: British Lion (Audio CD)
I really want this to be a good album, but it is not. The best thing about this album is the cover. Sorry Steve Harris. Although I don't like this album, you have been with me my whole life and I will buy anything you put out.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2012 11:13 PM PDT

The Essential Collection (2 CD + 2 DVD)
The Essential Collection (2 CD + 2 DVD)
Price: $33.99
35 used & new from $22.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bill Hicks Package - Support the Legacy of Bill Hicks, October 2, 2012
Listen up!! This an essential Bill Hicks item. American doesn't have public figures like Bill Hicks anymore. Few have the guts to put it all on the line to challenge the injustices that surround us. The only way to keep Bill alive is to purchase this stuff. Don't just order this, go back online and order every Bill Hicks item that is listed. If his products stop selling, his voice will dissapper and the world won't be a better place for it. If you love Bill Hicks buy this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 7:46 PM PDT