Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "letmeread" RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
#1 Pure Antarctic Krill Oil with Astaxanthin; Double-Strength with 1000mg of Superba® Krill Oil per liquid softgel; Contains the Highest levels of Omega-3s, Phospholipids and Astaxanthin per softgel; 60 Liquid Softgels, 2 month Supply!
Offered by Sports Research
Price: $28.95
3 used & new from $28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars After researching many brands of krill oil, the Sports ..., April 9, 2015
After researching many brands of krill oil, the Sports Research product appeared to have the higher percentages of DHA, EPA, phosphytidylcholine and astaxanthins. I am a fan of Dr. Rhonda Patrick (foundmyfitness), whose video inspired me to find a high-quality krill oil, and I believe that this product satisfies all her criteria. https://youtu.be/SDzLFzuotiE (Dr. Rhonda Patrick explains how krill oil is more highly-bioavailable).

Country Life Target Mins Calcium Magnesium Potassium 500mg/500mg/99mg 180-Tablet
Offered by HealthZone
Price: $14.94
15 used & new from $9.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mineral supplement from Country Life, March 2, 2015
I've been using this product for a few years and am amazed at how well it treat my muscular cramping. I work out a lot and lose magnesium in my perspiration. The company Etailz shipped this to me with a delivery date, and it came to me exactly on that date.

The Lone Gladio (Volume 1)
The Lone Gladio (Volume 1)
by Sibel D Edmonds
Price: $15.54
30 used & new from $12.93

5.0 out of 5 stars A Story with Tremendous Value, December 28, 2014
I was genuinely pleased and amazed at how well-written, sophisticated and engaging this story was. Not a fan of spy novels myself, I have no basis of comparison to any other author. That being said, Sibel's characters seem uniquely authentic, brought to life through her imagination, and very carefully constructed. Ironically, someone like Greg McPhearson seemed compelling and complex, with a touch of latent humanity, even if by most people's standards he is sociopathic. Overall the narrative flowed gracefully from one part of the world to another, from one scenario inhabited by different individuals at different time periods to another. I just loved the writing and especially enjoyed the occasional wry and sardonic humor, as if Sibel stepped out of the novel briefly to interject her very personal opinion. Of course, I'm also a fan of her web site, boilingfrogspost.com and completely understand the purpose of the book. It would be great if the book were in wider circulation because the story is of tremendous value and conveys an exceptionally important message. I look forward to reading more of Sibel's writing in the future.

Meaningful Messages: Making the Most of Your Mediumship Reading
Meaningful Messages: Making the Most of Your Mediumship Reading
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Mediumship Researcher's Objective Advice, October 18, 2013
I'm happy that a member of the scientific community wrote a book like this. A few years ago I read a similar book by Carole Lynne, a medium who lives in Massachusetts, that I also found quite helpful. As someone whose emotions can register very easily, it wouldn't be difficult for someone to sense my desire for contact. So, understanding that, I've been able to monitor myself during readings so that I wouldn't necessarily give up too much information.

What the Hell Is Going On in My Life?:  Using Your Birthdate to Find Answers About Relationships, Career, Money, Sex & Health
What the Hell Is Going On in My Life?: Using Your Birthdate to Find Answers About Relationships, Career, Money, Sex & Health
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not *Another* Astrology Cookbook, August 25, 2013
The one thing Larry Schwimmer should have done prior to writing this book, was read others like it. Unfortunately, there isn't much in the usual advice and admonitions to set it apart from most cookbook-style astrology books. Additionally, it lacks depth and subtlety. It was if key words were plugged in and descriptive text inserted. How can someone who is trying to help people say that someone will go to prison when an outer planet is in the 12th? It's bad enough people get freaked out about a phenomenon called Mercury retrograde, which happens to everyone three times a year. The best set of volumes on outer planet transits, known as the "Alive and Well" series, written by Bil Tierney, are what folks looking to understand their life dynamics should invest in.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2013 4:07 PM PDT

Barnel B1000L 27.5-Inch Lightweight Straight Blade Hedge Shears
Barnel B1000L 27.5-Inch Lightweight Straight Blade Hedge Shears
Price: $52.99
10 used & new from $51.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Precision Gardening Tool, August 25, 2013
Late last year I purchased a pair of Barnel pruning shears and fell in love with them. They are designed to fit perfectly to a woman's hand, and have a superior cutting edge. So, when I started to think about hedge shearing, I immediately decided that Barnel would be my choice. Shearing and pruning hedges has never been something I've enjoyed, but having a superior cutting tool has made all the difference. All of the Barnel tools are expertly ergonomically designed.

Application of Impossible Things: A Near Death Experience in Iraq
Application of Impossible Things: A Near Death Experience in Iraq
by Natalie Sudman
Price: $12.05
64 used & new from $7.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Unconventional Retelling of an NDE, July 20, 2013
I have to admit that I need to re-read this book, since the organization of information is non-conventional - although it seems as if it is written in as close to a linear perspective as possible. Natalie retells her experience of having been mortally wounded by an IED while working for the US government in Iraq. Her method of retelling her near-death experience that occurred, almost spontaneously, after the explosive injured her, is challenging to comprehend. It's not that her explanation is not good, but that the words required to describe a non-ordinary experience requires some reflection, concentration and good visualizing skills. However, that being said, I'm very close to being convinced that there may be many different energy "bandwidths," that, while alive, we have no consciousness of, and Natalie effectively explains why that is. I would encourage anyone interested in NDEs to check this book out. It sort of reminded me of a scholarly book I read in college about the invention of the stirrup -- not many pages, but very meaningful and dense reading, requiring a high-lighting pen and repetitive reading.

We Are Love [Special Edition]
We Are Love [Special Edition]
Price: $9.19
45 used & new from $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Virtuosi, June 30, 2013
These are three young, exceptionally talented men who are on the verge of great careers. I am certain that they are not only gifted, but have worked very hard to accomplish such virtuosity. There is one song that everyone needs to listen to carefully - Il Canto, performed with the great Placido Domingo. Domingo's voice is immediately distinguishable, and it's obvious how magnificently well-trained it is. That being said, all four men sang together in such a distinctive and harmonious way that you immediately knew that any one of those young men has the nascent opportunity to accomplish really meaningful musical achievements in each of their lives. As a side note, I admire them for singing in English because it's not an easy language to pronounce for most Italians. I would personally prefer a CD of really old Italian classics made popular by greats like Beniamino Gigli, Caruso, Di Stefano. Wow, that would be wonderful, too.

ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine: A Food Lover's Road Map to: Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, Getting Really Healthy
by John La Puma
Price: $14.40
140 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and Educational Nutrition, March 31, 2013
Dr. LaPuma writes in an appealing and engaging style about food and food preparation that ensures optimal health. Great book.

Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
by Anita Moorjani
168 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Enchanting and Spectacular Read, February 5, 2012
If Anita Moorjani's book had been written two years ago, or earlier, I probably would have passed it by. But, through my own long struggle with grief and my encounter with "super normal" experiences, I've been launched onto a path of discovery for over two years now. It's been quite a circuitous route, and the very first book I read on NDEs was, thankfully, "Life After Life," written by Dr. Raymond Moody. If I had ventured into the world of the many books written about NDEs, I would have chalked off the entire phenomenon.

Part of my journey also included finding Bob Olsen, who, as a result of his own grief process, began his mission to discover the truth behind psychic mediumship. He is now producing a wonderful on-line series of interviews called, "Afterlife TV, With Bob Olsen." One of his recent interviewees included Anita Moorjani and her interview was broadcast on December 7, 2011. There's a word the British use to describe being dumb-founded -- gobsmacked. I was completely and totally gobsmacked and in a state of awe when I heard her account of her "visit" to the other side. If that were not enough of a miracle, Anita came back into her cancer-wracked body with a new knowledge that put her into total remission. She fought cancer for four long years and was completely wasted physically, only to recover completely in a matter of weeks following her NDE.

In both her writing style and her personal verbal accounting, Anita has a skill and dexterity with the English language that I admire and am grateful for, and even somewhat envious of. That may sound frivolous, but I have respect for people who respect me as a reading audience. Her prose descriptions of her super-real, heightened state of awareness, while she was completely unconscious in a coma, just transfixed me; like good poetry or philosophy. Her vocabulary to explain her experiences is simply the most refined, observant and sentient I have ever read. What was completely new to me was how she described the "other side" as being liminal and not really another place. It is a state of being, a feeling of magnificence, as she called it. I have taken her lessons learned to heart, myself.

The best thing about this book is it's emotional honesty. I loved reading about her family - how supportive they were to the very effective end. I know that I'll probably read this book again many times.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2014 5:20 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2