ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Profile for Joanna > Reviews

Joanna's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joanna RSS Feed (Ohio, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Pink Platinum Big Girls'  Scribble-Heart Puffer Jacket
Pink Platinum Big Girls' Scribble-Heart Puffer Jacket

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely small! Sizing is WAY off!, December 5, 2014
I ordered a 7/8, hoping that my daughter could wear this next year. This thing is tiny! When I pulled it out of the package I thought they sent me the wrong size. It looked like a preschooler's coat. I compared it to my daughter's current 6/6X jacket and the length of the body is a good 1" shorter. Worse than that, the sleeves are about 2" shorter. Obviously there is no way she'll be able to wear this now or in the future. This thing is probably a size 5.

The quality is okay, decent for the cheap price. Not exactly a puffer in the traditional sense, as there's less fill and more fleece. But it should be fairly warm for Ohio's temps during late fall and early winter. I would re-order in a much larger size. But, of course, the price has gone up.

Divorcing a Narcissist - One Mom's Battle
Divorcing a Narcissist - One Mom's Battle
by Tina Swithin
Price: $17.99
47 used & new from $10.21

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring, hopeful must read for those dealing with an N!, March 3, 2014
I originally found Tina's website and the related Facebook page while in the throes of my own divorce with an N. I didn't actually read the book until my divorce was finalized, because I was so scattered and simply didn't have the energy or the funds to do so. That said, if you are in the middle of divorce and can get your hands on a copy, definitely do it! Read it if you're thinking about divorcing an N. Read it if, like me, you are already divorced from an N. Read the book and follow up on Tina's website to see what's happened since the book was published and you will be instilled with a sense of hope and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel!

When I first realized what my ex was, I felt like I was crazy. Family members and friends thought I was crazy. Then I came upon Tina's website and the Facebook group and couldn't believe how many people were out there, just like me, living the same nightmare my child and I were living. Simply sharing the common thread, albeit one I wish no one had to share, gave me a sense of relief. There is an unspoken camaraderie amongst the survivors of these Ns because we all understand one another. The names, faces and situations may differ, but there are distinct similarities in what drives Ns, how we should respond (or not) and what we all want. We want to survive. We want to protect our children. We want them to thrive. We want to be free.

Throughout my divorce I often went to Tina's website and the Facebook group. I didn't post there then because I wanted to remain anonymous. But many questions posed were questions I wanted to ask. The answers are typically insightful and helped to reaffirm that I was on the right track.

While reading Tina's book, I kept thinking, "Yep. Uh huh. She could be writing about my ex N." Even though I was already divorced, it still felt good to be reminded that my child and I were not alone in this battle. Because, really, the battle doesn't stop just because the ink is dry on the divorce papers. Tina's bravery showed in her writing of this book. The "Red Light Reflections" are invaluable to aid in avoiding future pitfalls and also serve as a glaring reminder of what exactly it is you're dealing with when you're involved with an N. The reminder to disengage is extremely important as well, especially when you want to kick and scream at all the lies and torment an N will throw at you. It's difficult, but it's necessary.

Thank you, Tina, for being the voice of thousands of Moms and Dads. Thank you for sharing what I know had to be very difficult to share. Thank you for bringing this topic out of the shadows and into the light.

Guess How Much I Love You: Nutbrown Hare Jack-in-the-Box by Kids Preferred
Guess How Much I Love You: Nutbrown Hare Jack-in-the-Box by Kids Preferred
Price: $19.01
14 used & new from $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk., March 8, 2013
My daughter really wanted a Jack in the Box for Christmas. It was the first Christmas she actually asked for/wanted something specific. So, of course, Santa had to get one. First off, Amazon failed horribly in packing this item and failed in customer service when I complained about it. If I did not have to give it to my daughter for Christmas I would have returned it for sure. It arrived in a box way too long for it, but barely deep enough to contain it. There were a few air pockets thrown in there, but not enough to keep it from sliding all around. Therefore, it had some dents on the sides. That said, it did function.

My daughter is almost 5 and knows how to be gentle with toys. Less than a week after she had it the little Nutbrown Hare had split open along one of seams on its face. Clearly it's poorly made. If that wasn't bad enough, after only having it for 2 weeks it broke. The crank started sliding around and got to be very hard to turn right before the pop up and it was skipping notes. A week later and the entire thing is broken. Music doesn't play, the crank just kind of dangles there. I am positive that, despite Amazon's poor shipping, this thing is just cheaply made junk. No toy, used only occasionally and gently, should become inoperable after only 3 weeks. Dollar store toys last longer!

So please listen to the bad reviews. Unless you can get this thing at a dollar store price, don't bother purchasing it. If you do, be prepared to see the sadness in your little one's eyes when it eventually breaks and she says, "They elves didn't do a very good job making this toy."

Zero stars, if I could!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2014 11:27 AM PST

Earth Rated® Green Dog Waste Bag Dispenser for Leash (Includes 15 scented bags)
Earth Rated® Green Dog Waste Bag Dispenser for Leash (Includes 15 scented bags)
Offered by Oliver's Pet Care
Price: $3.99
35 used & new from $1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The absolute BEST dispenser on the market!, May 12, 2012
I never thought I get so excited over a poop bag dispenser, but here I am. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but that doesn't change the fact that this is the best dispenser that I've come across yet.

When I first got a dog I got the standard Bags on Board bone-shaped dispenser. It seemed okay, though it was always difficult to thread the bags through the small opening. Eventually, though, that dispenser broke right between the opening for the bags and where the lid screwed on. The problem was that this space was way too thin/weak, even without over tightening the lid.

We switched to a Bags on Board snap-on-lid dispenser. That was a disappointment because the lid was extremely difficult to put on and take off and, eventually, that one broke too.

We ended up with a generic bone-shaped dispenser for a while. That was okay until my daughter carried the lid off somewhere.

In search of a replacement, I knew I wanted a dispenser with a screw on lid, but one that would have the strength to withstand constant use. I spotted this dispenser and figure that even if it was the worst dispenser ever, it would be worth the risk at the price I paid for it. It was 25-40% cheaper than comparable dispensers at the time of purchase.

I've been using it for a few weeks and, so far, it's fantastic. The material seems sturdy and I highly doubt that I'll experience breakage like I did with other dispensers. The space between the lid and hole for the bags is ample. As a bonus, the hole to thread the bags through is generous and I can easily fit my thumb and finger inside to peal the sticker and grab the first bag.

Another nice feature, that I didn't see listed in the description, is a little hook on the back of the dispenser to hold the bag that you've just used to pick up poop. It's nice not to have to hold a soiled bag the whole way back home, just to end up fumbling with it, dropping it in rain puddles, etc.

This dispenser has a metal carabiner so that you can attach it to your leash. The one I received was green and matched the dispenser. I definitely like the metal fastener, as I've had plastic fasteners break and stretch to the point of repeatedly unhooking themselves. I have a 1" very thick and sturdy leash. It took a little bit of manipulating to get the dispenser attached, but it was no big deal and feels very secure.

The bags that came with the dispenser are very nice. They are thick and, yes, they smell good without being overpowering. I didn't buy any refills because I have a stash of Bags on Board brand bags left over. The fit perfectly as well and this dispenser has generous interior pegs on both ends that hold the core securely in place.

Now there are two "negatives" that I feel I should mention. Neither of these things bother me much and obviously didn't impact my score, but I still thought they should be mentioned. One is the green color. I'm not a fan of this color at all. If they never offered another color would I still buy this dispenser? Yes, of course. But I would prefer a different color. Secondly, my dispenser arrived with a logo printed below the dispenser hole. In very small letters it says "Earth Rated" and below that, in bigger letters, it says "PoopBags". Again, this doesn't bother me. But I realize that some people might not like this.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2015 7:42 AM PDT

Ty Pluffies Blue Blue's Clue Nickelodeon Plush Soft Toy Blue
Ty Pluffies Blue Blue's Clue Nickelodeon Plush Soft Toy Blue
Price: $38.76
7 used & new from $25.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, but my daughter will still like it., December 15, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars
I am not impressed with this at all. This doesn't seem at all like the quality that I've come to know from Ty. For one, the color is very off. This color of this toy looks nothing like the picture and is, in fact, very faded and washed out. It's not anything like what Blue really looks like in the series. Also, I expected the toy to be soft and plush. The darker colored spots on Blue are actually painted on and, therefore, very rough and stiff. And the filling in the ears is practically non-existent. The bottom of the ears had no filling in them at all so I had to smoosh around the paltry amount that was in the top of the ears. That said, I know my daughter will like it. But it feels/looks very cheap to me.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2013 11:05 AM PDT

Fairy ScreenSaver
Fairy ScreenSaver

1.0 out of 5 stars No go., November 22, 2011
This review is from: Fairy ScreenSaver (App)
Wouldn't work on my Kindle Fire and I had to force it the close. Looks like it could be cute, though!

Farm Animal Memory for Kids
Farm Animal Memory for Kids
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and fun!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Farm Animal Memory for Kids (App)
Very cute! My 3-year old loves it. The sounds are a nice touch, as is the confetti when the game is complete. My only suggestion would be to make the icons on the cards something other than animals since it can be a bit confusing for the younger kids.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2012 6:35 AM PDT

Kidorable Ladybug Rain Boot (Toddler/Little Kid)
Kidorable Ladybug Rain Boot (Toddler/Little Kid)
Price: $17.29 - $47.37

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality, poor sizing! Way too expensive!, June 24, 2011
My mom just purchased these for my daughter, who is obsessed with rainboots. She currently has a pair of size 5/6 rainboots from another brand that were purchased from Target. My daughter wore the heck out of those boots and they still look great. They were pretty inexpensive, too. My daughter just got into a size 7, so it was time for new boots!

When I took these Kidorable boots out of box I was shocked by a few things. One, they looked absolutely tiny! The Kidorable size 8 boots were smaller than my daughter's current 5/6 boot! Also, the quality is definitely horrible. They are thin, flimsy and kind of messy looking. Finally, they are really short. They don't come up nearly as high as most rainboots. I'm pretty sure my daughter would get a boot full of water if she wore these to go puddle jumping.

Lastly, the price of these for the quality is just incongruous. If the quality of Kidorable boots is so poor then they should be cheaper than rainboots that can be purchased at your typical big box store. I wouldn't buy them, regardless of price. But, if I did, I wouldn't pay more than 1/4 to 1/3 of what they typically sell for.

Pet Gear Easy Step II Pet Stairs, 2-step/for Cats and Dogs up to 150-pounds, Cocoa
Price: $31.99
14 used & new from $27.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble and easy for my dog to use., June 16, 2011
I got these for a bargain price because, honestly, my dog is kind of a wuss and I didn't have any idea if he'd use these or not. I definitely didn't want to break the bank since I've already paid a fortune to the vet for his bad mutt breeding and constant issues with 3 out of 4 legs.

Anyway, I had these steps assembled in about 3 minutes. It would have only been 2 minutes if I hadn't taken one minute to glance at the directions, assuming that the process was more difficult based on the reviews I read.

Immediately after I had the steps together and pushed up against our window seat, I armed myself with treats for my 65-pound, part Lab mutt. He was reluctant at first. My mom had to give him some slight encouragement with a gentle nudge from behind. Before we knew it, he was up the steps without any trouble at all. With more treats and a light pull on his collar, we got him to go easily down the steps. More treats and about 10 more practice sessions up and down and he's got it.

The stairs have four rubberized feet on the bottom. I haven't seen his weight shift or wobble the steps. The carpet seems securely attached to the steps, yet easy to remove for washing.

GE 17457 LED Twinkle Star Tap Light
GE 17457 LED Twinkle Star Tap Light
Offered by JM PRIME
Price: $7.83
62 used & new from $7.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but some things you should know., June 16, 2011
Two things to know about this item that are not listed in the description:

1) The LED light is blue.
2) The light turns itself off after 30 minutes.

The fact that the light is blue does not bother me at all. However, the fact that it turns off after 30 minutes does bother me. I wish that it would stay on until manually turned off. I have this in my 2-year old daughter's room and I was hoping that it would function as a nightlight throughout the night.

That said, one nice feature is that there is a slot on the back of the unit so that it can be hung on the wall. Since my daughter is only 2, this needs to be out of her reach. The four separate battery compartments are standard and do not have any safety features (ie: screws) to keep them from being opened by a child. When she's older I will definitely let her have this on her bedside table. But, for now, I was able to quickly hang it on her wall with just a push pin.

Depending on where you position it in the room the shapes can look good or they can look fuzzy and somewhat distorted. Also, some of the star cutouts directly around the moon are a little rough, so they're always fuzzy looking. But once I found the right spot in the room the shapes look pretty good.

Overall I am pretty pleased, especially at this price point. But I took one star off for the fact that it turns off after 30 minutes, which was not listed in the description, and the fact that some of the stars are roughly cut and create a fuzzy image.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2015 8:50 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2