Profile for MattySkillz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MattySkillz RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
EOTech 552.A65/1 Military HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight
EOTech 552.A65/1 Military HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight
Offered by Nimrod's Wares
Price: $509.01
43 used & new from $444.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Best holographic sight you can get...PERIOD, June 30, 2011
Words cannot begin to describe just how well this HWS works. Is it costly, yes, but as the saying goes you get what you pay for. Right out of the box this sight performed as expected. I did a ton of research and waited about 4 months comparing brands and prices. After zeroing this sight in it holds zero remarkably well. Rapid fire, drops nothing shakes it. If you want reliable and accurate, this is the one for you. Do you need it to be waterproof at 33 feet, probably not, however as another saying goes I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

NcStar Airsoft/Paintball LED Flashlight/Quick Release Weaver (AQPTF)
NcStar Airsoft/Paintball LED Flashlight/Quick Release Weaver (AQPTF)
Offered by WaveToGo
Price: $24.99
15 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot be beat for money....awesome light, June 14, 2011
So I did a bit of research on a light for my Glock 23. I settled on this NcStar because the price was just too good to pass up. What's the worst that would have happened, I would have gotten it and not liked it and sent it back. When I received it the light was packaged extremely well, in a nice box with form fitting foam. It came with the battery which was an added bonus. It seems very well constructed and a nice solid aluminum housing. The bezel on the lens cover is sharpened to four points which makes a nice blunt striking weapon if things go wrong. It has a great quick release on it that allows you to remove it from the rail quickly and easily. Switch is located on a sliding bar on right hand side and is PERFECT of a righty. When you position your finger outside the trigger guard you just slide it on which is a nice tactical feature. I like it better than a pressure switch to be honest. If you're a lefty, might be more difficuly. I was worried that it was a lower lumen rating however I was pleasantly surprised. The light is BLINDINGLY bright. Literally, shining this thing towards your face knocks you vision out for several seconds after the light has moved away, good for keeping bad guys at bay. All in all I am extremely happy with the light and not for nothing, but I saved myself about $75 over the others. Highly recommend for hand guns and possible short barrel shotgun, NOT for AR or tactical rifle platforms.

Shurhold 3100 Dual Action Polisher
Shurhold 3100 Dual Action Polisher
Price: $143.67
36 used & new from $131.30

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one...., May 24, 2011
I've had this polisher for two boating seasons...it is incredible. Is it a commericial one, no, but it's as close as you need if you are doing any boat under 65 feet in length. I've used it on my car, truck, motorcycle and boats. It doesnt burn or make swirl marks. I compounded and waxed my boat in september of 2010. It was mistakenly not shrink wrapped at the boat yard (yeh I was about it too)....however, I rinsed the boat off and this polisher applied the wax so well that is looks like it did when I bought it there. It is a bit heavy, but what do you expect, its high quality. It's nice having the two different handles as I switch them when doing different parts of the boat. Your vessel will look as though it was professionally done if you follow the directions and use a quality compound and wax. It's dual action which makes it nearly impossible to swirl the job, as many do if they are using a Mikita or other professional system as they are difficult to use if you don't know what you're doing. It's gonna look good because that's what this is, a professional tool at a reasonable price. I didnt get mine from Amazon, I paid $160 for it and it's worth every penny and more. It will make quick work of any job and the cord is incredibly long which is awesome. Enough....buy this one, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money elsewhere, May 19, 2011
Purchased this after EXTENSIVE research. There is not use in wasting money on anything else, this one does everything they do. I was skeptical the machining could be poor but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it. It is quality aluminum and all accessories went on to my AR15 with ease. Couldn't be more happy with it.

Art Of Tactical  Carbine, Volumn 1, 2nd Edition
Art Of Tactical Carbine, Volumn 1, 2nd Edition
Offered by Toys2Collectables
Price: $32.99
9 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Set, Must Have, May 19, 2011
This is a really great set of DVD's and highly recommended for anyone with a tactical rifle. They go over basics to advanced very well and I am seriously considering actually attending the course....only problem is they are booked a year in advance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet, May 2, 2011
This in my opinion is just the absolute way to go. I tried 3 other foregrips before getting this one. I tried to foldable grip, it moved way too much and I hated it....returned it ASAP and got the contoured tactical grip from UTG, it was huge and obtrusive, sent that back. Got a Magpul, it was solid, but lacked storage underneath. I have this now and it is not just rock solid, but nearly perfect. The machining at the top allows the user to grip the weapon properly and not just hold onto the grip ( WHICH IS THE WRONG WAY, ITS NOT THERE FOR THAT!). Nice sealing compartment, and this quick release works GREAT. For me, this was simply the way to go.

Electrified XL-2100 / A1606034B Replacement Lamp with Housing for Sony TVs - 150 Day Electrified Warranty
Offered by Electrified
Price: $27.44
2 used & new from $27.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth spending LESS money for this one, May 2, 2011
I was skeptical at first, being that it was lower than all others...however, it has performed flawlessly. Not sure about what other people are talking about but it took me about 5 minutes to install with a Leatherman tool. Simple, and works great thus far. Only reason I did not give a 5 is it's only been in for two weeks, not sure about longevity. Picture looks sharp, clear, and bright.

UPDATE 6/13/11: Use my 55 inch for Computer, xBox and TV...it gets a lot of use and this continues to function flawlessly. I'm very happy with it and bumped it to 5 Stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great.....at all, April 30, 2011
So I bought this based on others reviews and it certainly seemed like a great idea. Who wouldn't want a collapsible foregrip? I mean a solid idea! However, this thing is crafted horribly! It went on with a little persuasion and looked good, when mounted above rail 4 it folded right into the mag well of my Stag Model 2 A3 5.56 cal. However, without ever firing with it, I could feel it just was not solid. Just holding it with left hand and moving right hand there was wiggle to it. I don't know about anyone else, but I want something SOLID.....as in it doesn't budge, AT ALL. glad I got it from Amazon, return was quick and easy. Ordered a UTG Aluminum foregrip with quick release which I HIGHLY recommend over this one. Sound idea, poor execution. You get what you pay for. Pony up an extra $5 and get a solid one.

How To Reload Ammunition - Reloading Made EASY - Vol. 1
How To Reload Ammunition - Reloading Made EASY - Vol. 1
DVD ~ Keith Stickley (Narrator)
Price: $34.95
2 used & new from $31.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid DVD, March 23, 2011
Good general overview and helpful to watch someone doing it in front of you. Includes a lot of detail, however I learned just as much watching YouTube and for free. Kind of expensive, hence four stars. Overall very useful though.

HELLA H83140272 H4 12V 60/55W High Performance Xenon Blue Halogen Bulb Set
HELLA H83140272 H4 12V 60/55W High Performance Xenon Blue Halogen Bulb Set
Price: $27.42
16 used & new from $24.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of lights, March 16, 2011
Purchased these after exhaustive research to mount in my Diamond Plow Night Sabre head lights. I use these for plowing, which is often at night and the stock lights blew out, thank God because they were horrible. I have only used them twice so far, but they throw out significantly more light than previous bulbs did. As others have mentioned the light that comes out is very white, not blue at all. Overall I am VERY happy with them so far. The only thing I am concerned about it that they are going to get hotter than previous bulbs and I dont want to see any melting inside the housing from bulbs being on for a long time...and that a possibility since often I plow all night long so they can be on for well over 12 hours. We will see how they continue to hold up, but so far very well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2013 7:39 PM PST