Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Rolla Gravett > Reviews

Browse

Rolla Gravett's Profile

Customer Reviews: 294

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rolla Gravett "Rolla Gravett" RSS Feed (Atlanta, Ga)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
uxcell® 17.5cm to 85cm 8 Sections Telescoping Antenna Silver Tone for Radio TV
uxcell® 17.5cm to 85cm 8 Sections Telescoping Antenna Silver Tone for Radio TV
Offered by uxcell
Price: $6.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on boom box as this antenna has a longer base!, February 6, 2016
I bought a Panasonic Boom Box at a yard sale, but the antenna was missing. I ordered a different antenna, but the distance on the base was too short between the screw and where the antenna swivels. Being too short made it so that I could not fold the antenna all the way down as the base hit the top of the radio.

I ordered this antenna because it looked like it had a longer base. It was longer and this antenna worked perfectly for the boom box. Now the boom box receives a ton of stations, and when I finish listening to the radio the antenna folds down flat like it should. I could not be happier.

The only thing that could make this antenna better is if it came with a screw. The problem is it is a metric screw and I had to buy one to fit the antenna. None of the other antennas I tried had a screw either.

Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Waterproof Sport Speaker, Stereo Portable Loudspeaker with Audio, Micro Radio and Handsfree Speakerphone for Android iPhone Laptops Mini iPad , Black
Offered by BiBOSS
Price: $79.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good crisp clear audio and booming bass and these speakers are loud!, February 6, 2016
I received a speaker for doing a review. This is that review.

The speaker worked great on Blue Tooth. It was very loud when the volume was turned up and the speaker did not distort at all. The bass was plenty loud and the sound was very pleasing to the ears. I was surprised the speaker was as loud as it is, and could easily hear it across the room.

After trying the speaker on Blue Tooth, I plugged it directly into my smart phone with the supplied cord, and it worked flawlessly with the smart phone jack as well.

Telmu HDTV Antenna-40 Miles Range Super Thin HDTV Antenna with Detachable Amplifier Singnal Booster for the Highest Performance the Longest Reception Range, 13.2 ft/4M Coaxial Cable(black)
Offered by BUYHOPE
Price: $31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The antenna works great but has no base to hold it on the window or on a wall., February 6, 2016
I received this antenna in exchange for an honest review.

I had another antenna on a base, so was able to do some exact comparisons with this antenna verses another brand. I installed the other brand and tuned to a channel. The channel was coming in ok, but there were lots of lines and the station went in and out. I hooked this Telmu HDTV antenna after mounting it to the wall (there was no window near the TV set). The Telmu antenna picked up the station and had no falling out or lines. It definitely worked better and was more sensitive than the other brand antenna I have.

The antenna worked great, however there is no base. It came with double sided tape, and I put the tape on the antenna and stuck it on the wall. That turned out not to be a very good idea as I could not get the antenna off the wall, and the tape took out a big piece of my sheet rock in getting it off. The antenna works great, but it has no base to hold it. It would be fine for using the double sided tape on a window, but it is extremely hard to get back off if the antenna has to be moved to another location. Don't even think about using the double sided tape on a wall, as the tape will take part of the wall off when moving it to another location. I find it hard to believe the antenna has no base to mount it on a window or a shelf. Other than that it works really good.

Wahl Beard Battery Trimmer #9906-717
Wahl Beard Battery Trimmer #9906-717
Price: $12.03
34 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery operated, works great on the beard, has a stand, and lots of attachments. The quality is there too!, January 5, 2016
I have one of these units already and love it, but it is getting pretty old and I don't have any accessories with it, so for one for backup I ordered this one. It comes with several trimmer heads and a stand, which I really like! My old one had none of these items. The unit comes with 4 guide combs and one bottle of oil and one comb.

I never use a regular razor any more. I let the hair on my face grow out some and use this trimmer to cut it. It does not cut as close as a razor, but close enough for me. The quality of the Wahl Beard Trimmer is outstanding and it is easy to change out the batteries. It goes a long time on a new set of batteries as well.

I bought a Conair Beard and Mustache trimmer and the Wahl trims closer and I like it more.

RipaFire® Four-slot Intelligent Charger Universal Charger for 18650/26650/14500/16340/10440 Auto Off Battery Charger Charging 4.2v 3.6v Li-ion Battery 1.5v 1.2v Battery Aa/aaa + 4 PCS RipaFire 4000mah 3.7v 18650 Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by RipaFire
Price: $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Each battery has its own charging light,and the charger shuts off automatically. The charger works great!, January 5, 2016
I received this charger and batteries for a review. This is that review.

The first thing I noticed is there were no written instructions with the unit. For me, that is not normally necessary, but there is a switch on the unit that has 4 positions. The first is 1.2 volts, 1.5 volts, 3.6 volts, and 4.2 volts. The batteries that came with the unit are 3.7 volts, so I put the charger on 4.2 volts. I am not sure that was the right setting. It might have been better to put it on 3.6 volts. Some instructions would have come in really handy.

The second thing I noticed is there is no way to figure out which way the batteries should be installed. Should the positive post be in the up position or down. I kept looking for something on the charger to show the proper position for installing the batteries. I was unable to find any markings to show the proper way to charge the batteries. Fortunately the charger only charges when the batteries are installed with the positive in the top or up position.

I like the fact that each battery charges by itself and there is a red light (4 in total) that comes on when the battery is inserted in the charger, so if three batteries are installed, three red lights come on. If four are installed, all four red lights come on showing charge. I did not see if the charger turned off each light once charged. When I came back into the room several hours later all the charge lights were out, indicating all four batteries were at a full charge.

The unit comes with a short AC cord, and that is good. It allows charging without being right at the AC source.

The batteries are excellent and are rated at 400mah. I charged the batteries and installed two of them into my Cree Flashlight. I used the flashlight while working on a chainsaw in my garage, and the Cree Flashlight was still bright after a couple of hours of use.

The charger works great and the batteries are outstanding! The only fault I see is the proper positioning of the batteries is not marked, and the positioning of the power switch is somewhat vague. The unit will charge AA batteries and several other types of batteries as well. In charging an AA battery should the charger be put in the 1.2 or 1.5 range? I small sheet of paper with some instructions would have been a great help.

RipaFire® 4pcs of RipaFire 4000mah 18650 Li-ion Rechargeable Battery with International Stardard Size + Digital Smart Charger for 18650 Rechargeable Battery Charge Two Batteries Simultaneously
Offered by RipaFire
Price: $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger with 4 powerful 4000mah batteries. Both the charger and batteries work great!, January 5, 2016
I received this product in exchange for a review. This is that review.

The batteries are excellent and come in a plastic covering to prevent discharge. I charged the batteries in the provided charger and put them into my flashlight. The batteries work as advertised and I used that flashlight to work on an engine. I used the flashlight for over three hours and it was still bright.

When the batteries were fully charged I put my hand on them and they were not hot, indicating the charged does not overcharge like some of the other chargers I have.

C&E 6 Feet, Universal 2 Slot to Standard Non-Polarized Power Cord, Black
C&E 6 Feet, Universal 2 Slot to Standard Non-Polarized Power Cord, Black
Price: $3.49
49 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars These CD and radio power cords work great and the quality is very good too., December 19, 2015
I go to yard sales a lot and constantly buy good working radios and CD players. More often than not, the cord is missing. I found this cord on Amazon and ordered three of them. They worked great so I ordered three more. They come from China so are slow in shipping. I now have 6 of them and all work as advertised. The price is great and the cords are quality. No more to say. Get some!

Tecsun PL880 Portable Digital PLL Dual Conversion AM/FM, Longwave & Shortwave Radio with SSB (Single Side Band) Reception
Offered by Electronnix
Price: $169.99
2 used & new from $169.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This Tecsun PL880 Short Wave Radio is awesome! It is small, but has good ears and a ton of features!, December 19, 2015
I occasionally listen to short wave radio stations, but mainly wanted the receiver to listen to the ham and CB bands, and for that it works perfectly. There are a ton of things that I like about this receiver. One thing in particular is when SSB (Single Side Band) for ham bands is selected, as you tune the frequencies, once you have entered a ham band, the band is highlighted on the LCD. In other words, once the tuning entered around 7000 Mhz, the 40 Meter Band would show in the indicator and would stay there till the radio left that band. It makes it really easy to find the ham bands.

I also noticed that in tuning in a conversation on a ham band, the conversation was easy to tune in with the top tuning dial and the bottom dial, which is much more precise is seldom used.

I have a Eaton Grundig Satellit 750, which is a base sw receiver, and this Tecsun PL880 is just as sensitive as the base unit is. I was able to tune in every station on the Tecsun that the Satellit 750 received.

I like the 18650 battery it takes and ordered a couple extra batteries and a charger so I have spares.

Outlite 4pcs 3.7V 18650 3600mAh Protected Lithium Li-ion Rechargeable Battery for LED Light& Headlight& Headlamp& Handheld Flashlight& Torch with 1pc Quick Smart Charger

Also, there is an adapter that plugs into the receiver that makes it possible to connect to a coax that goes to an outside antenna. Here is the link.
Unfortunately it comes in a pack of 5, but it is nice to have spares.

Pack of 5 UHF Female Jack to 3.5mm Phono Male Plug RF Coax Adapter

A really great outside antenna is here: It comes with everything you need except coax to hook to the receiver.

MFJ Enterprises Original MFJ-1778 G5RV Wire Antenna 160-10 Meters, 102 Ft Long

Here is a short coax jumper to connect the antenna to the receiver:

Procomm 3 feet Coaxial Cable Jumper with PL259 Connectors

The Tecsun is extremely sensitive and works really great! It picks up all the ham bands and covers from 1700 Khz to 30 Mhz. I like it that you can dial in any frequency and it goes there right now. If you are into listening to short wave stations, there is a web site that really helps to find a station in English for example. That site is:

You are going to love this little sw radio. I don't know how they made it work so great and how they packed so many features into such a little radio. It works and it works really great! I love mine!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2016 6:02 AM PST

Pack of 5 UHF Female Jack to 3.5mm Phono Male Plug RF Coax Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Five came and they all work just fine. Excellent product!, December 19, 2015
I really did not want to order 5 of these adapters, but can understand the vender's point of view as the shipping is more than the item is worth. I received 5 of the adapters and every one of them worked fine. I ordered just one from another vender, and guess what? It did not work, so I am very happy I ordered 5 from this seller. It plugs into the radio and attaches to a PL259 coax connector.

HoldPeak HP-770G Auto Range Digital Multimeters
HoldPeak HP-770G Auto Range Digital Multimeters
Offered by HOLDPEAK
Price: $32.80

5.0 out of 5 stars This HodPeak Auto Range Digital Multimeter is packed with features and works great!, December 15, 2015
I received a HoldPeak Auto Range Digital Multimeter in exchange for a review. This is that review.

I was somewhat surprised at how big the meter was as it is a pretty good size. It comes with a nice case for carrying the meter, and from all the meters I have ever bought, that is a first for me. On inspection I was surprised to see that it had a good quality set of leads for measuring voltages or resistance.

The meter also came with a set of leads with a temperature probe as well. I read somewhere that the temperature probe only reads degrees C on the meter and that is correct. All it would take is a quick Google to convert the degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit.

I immediately connected the red and black leads to the meter. I noticed with those leads installed I was unable to move the dial to the left beyond the center Hz setting. That was not the meters problem. It is designed that way. If meter readings on the left side of the dial are needed, the red lead has to be moved from the Volt/Ohm/Hz hole to the UaMat+ hole, or better yet, unplug the lead and the meter holes needed will uncover once the meter is set to that reading. That is a brilliant idea, and would keep one from using the wrong meter holes.

I set the meter to read DC voltage and hooked up the leads to the proper holes. The item I decided to measure was a 9 volt battery. I stuck the probes on the battery posts, and the meter automatically selected the range and read 9.3 volts. I like it that the meter automatically selects the range for you.

I went out into my garage and used the multimeter to check out the voltage on a car battery. One thing I noticed right away was the back light came on in my garage to light up the meter because there was not enough light. How cool! It comes on automatically to light up the meter and also lights up the pointer on the meter dial as well. That way, if it is too dark, the meter can still function and be read. I love that feature and have several multimeters, but none of them will do that. The car battery read 12.4 volts and the voltage range was again automatically selected.

I tried the AC function and the voltage at my house read 123.2 volts. I set the meter on Hz and measured the household circuit again and it read 59.9 Hz. Once again, the meter automatically adjusted to the correct range with no inputs from me.

I set the meter for Ohms. On this setting there are three icons, one for Ohms, one for diode, and one for sound. I measured the value of a resistor and it came back at 120 Ohms. Once again the range was automatic and I did not have to adjust for that and the meter automatically selected the range.

The next check was for resistance with a tone. A lot of times in checking out wiring, it is extremely helpful to be able to know a circuit has been made with no resistance, and is a hassle to have to look at the meter every time. This meter has a mode in which a tone is generated once a circuit has been made. To do that, set the meter in the Ohm position. Press the Select button one time. If you are checking out a diode, this mode is used and a diode symbol shows on the left side of the LCD. Press the Select button again, and this time a sound icon comes up on the left side of the LCD screen. Once the sound icon is showing, by touching the two probes together, the meter emits a 1000 Hz tone, telling you the circuit has been made and it is shorted. That way, in troubleshooting wiring, you will hear the tone and know the circuit has been made. No reason to look at the meter in this mode. It saves a ton of time in troubleshooting wiring.

Another nice feature of this meter is the hold function. In measuring DC or AC, sometimes the meter needs to be set to keep the voltage measured. While reading the voltage, just press the HOLD function key under the LCD and it will keep that indication. If the HOLD button is pressed again, it goes back to 0.

The multimeter will check voltage AC, and voltage DC, Ohms, Capacitance, Current, Temperature among other things. It also has a transistor tester.

One of the more important features of the meter is a AUTO POWER OFF feature. If the meter is used and left in the ON position the meter will automatically go to the standby mode after 30 minutes. I wish I had a dollar for every time I went to use a multimeter and found it dead, in which I forgot to turn the meter off when finished using it.

The meter worked perfectly and had a lot of features. I was really impressed with the Auto LCD back light feature. In dark places the meter LCD will light. That is awesome! I really liked the quality test leads that comes with the multimeter and the nice case really sets it apart from the rest. This is a quality meter and I highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20