Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Biologist & DJ" RSS Feed (Orange, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Great family movie.

iVow: Secrets to a Stronger Marriage
iVow: Secrets to a Stronger Marriage
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful quick read for anyone married or looking to get married, September 30, 2014
I have been following Dave Willis for awhile so I finally purchased the book. It is a helpful concise book I would recommend reading at any stage of marriage. I was able to read it all in one day. It is a nice book to have and pull out almost anytime to help you refocus on what your marriage should look like.

Honestly I see many areas I can improve on as a husband and father after reading the book. The good news is God can use us wherever we are at and make our marriages better. This book is another great tool to help you love your spouse as God designed.

Shrek 2 [HD]
Shrek 2 [HD]
DVD
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, September 26, 2014
Overall fun for the whole family.

21 Days to Save My Family: Becoming an Ephesians 5:25 Man
21 Days to Save My Family: Becoming an Ephesians 5:25 Man
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Words of truth from a broken man to a restored marriage, May 5, 2014
I first found Erik Matlock on [...] and then started following his blog at [...]. This book is a compilation of his blog as well as new material. What I like best about the book is the way he speaks directly to the reader, just like his blog. He does not pull any punches and speaks from his and other's experiences. This is someone who lived through a lot to come out with an amazing marriage and family life.

While there are some technical glitches (i.e., typos), it almost adds to the passion in the way Erik writes. You can see in his every word how much he wants men to grow-up and be more Christlike in turn saving their family from the destruction of divorce. I am sure there will be men that will toss the book aside without getting past the first chapter, but if you can put down the defenses and really take the 21 days to read this I believe you will be much better off in the long run.

Once you read this I highly recommend continuing on to Ken Nair's Discovering the Mind of a Woman as well as Joel and Kathy Davisson's two books at [...]. They offer keen insight in what it truly means to be a Christlike man and husband of which is rarely discussed in the church. I am confident these books will help you to become a better man, blessing your own walk with Christ and ultimately your wife and children.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2014 3:18 PM PDT

Samsonite Classic PFT Backpack Checkpoint Friendly, Black, One Size
Samsonite Classic PFT Backpack Checkpoint Friendly, Black, One Size
Price: $35.32
14 used & new from $32.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken zippers and tears, May 1, 2014
When I first purchased this I was excited about having a versatile backpack for my notebook computer. I have had it for almost a year and a half. Several months ago the zippers broke and are sticking. I also see tearing at the zippers. I am not extremely harsh with it, but I do pack in a lot of stuff. I am look for a replacement currently as this will not work for me. The idea behind it is great and the internal workings are pretty good, however the total execution has left me wanting more and I am disappointed in a name brand like Samsonite.

Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse
Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 Year Old Daughter sings along, January 20, 2014
This from the funny show. I think adults would like it as well as young kids. The song is catchy for sure.

Honest Amish - Heavy Duty Beard Balm - 2 Ounce - Beard Conditioner
Honest Amish - Heavy Duty Beard Balm - 2 Ounce - Beard Conditioner
Offered by Honest Amish
Price: $16.80
2 used & new from $16.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me, December 24, 2013
This is my first beard balm and I have a fairly thick beard I have grown out for the first time. I have not had the dreaded beard itch as in times past. The smell is pleasant and and it is easy to apply. As the beard as grown in I just include a bit more to spread it around. Overall I am very pleased.

Discovering The Mind Of A Woman: The Key To Becoming A Strong And Irresistible Husband Is...
by Ken Nair
Price: $12.62
129 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Game changer, December 24, 2013
This is what I needed to read for years! I have been married for 8 1/2 years and wish I would have found this book prior to getting married or even engaged. This has shown me what a Christian husband should look like. Men if your marriage is in trouble I highly recommend getting this book and pouring your energy into learning how to be a more Christlike. You will benefit from it and subsequently your wife and family. God bless you!

Avoiding the Greener Grass Syndrome: How to Grow Affair Proof Hedges Around Your Marriage
Price: $9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading in good times and bad, April 11, 2013
Helpful to husbands and wives. Whether or not your marriage is in trouble I highly recommend this honest, clearly written book with practical insights that should inspire hope and positive change.

Econo Mobile CPU Stand, Light Gray, IVR54001
Econo Mobile CPU Stand, Light Gray, IVR54001
Price: $12.29
35 used & new from $5.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised - great for the price, January 22, 2013
I looked around for a few of these for my new desktop computer(ZT system from Costco). It is a solid piece and really it is hard to beat the price with anything comparable. It does NOT come with instructions which I thought was odd. I was able to figure it out when assembling it so not too big of a deal. Overall I don't think you can go wrong with this purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6