Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Thanos of Titan > Reviews

Browse

Thanos of Titan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thanos of Titan RSS Feed (Hamburg, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Polka-Tot Club Presents:SQUEEZE
The Polka-Tot Club Presents:SQUEEZE
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to squeeze this author!, February 3, 2016
Great lesson for the young and old:)

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Two (Iron Man 3 / Thor: The Dark World / Captain America: The Winter Soldier / Guardians of the Galaxy / Avengers: Age of Ultron / Ant-Man)(Amazon Exclusive) [Blu-ray]
Price: $178.99
4 used & new from $178.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I love Marvel Studios but this set was disappointing!, December 22, 2015
I give them 2 stars for having a good idea but it was executed poorly. Marvel Studios makes my favorite comic book movies but this set does not do the films Justice. It is just made of flimsy, cheap materials. For $190 after tax I expected way better. The films are better than this and they deserve better treatment. The day I got this I sealed it up and sent it back. I sold my Phase 1 set as well and used the money to start collecting the NovaMedia Korean imported versions of these films. They come with a steelbook case in a slide box with incredible artwork. The best presentation of these films yet if you ask me. Also they fit on your shelf like a nice clean library instead of this cheap piece of garbage. They are region free discs and the packaging is in English as well so they don't look foreign at all.

I wish this was better quality, I was hoping it would be. The only thing that was great was the extra bonus disc but that wasn't worth $190. I'm hoping Marvel comes out with a nice phase 1-3 library set in the future. This prop design stuff is just silly. I'm done with it.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Art of the Movie
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Art of the Movie
by Marvel Comics
22 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest Concept/art of film books yet!, September 6, 2014
I have all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe "Art of" books and without a doubt this is the best of them all, with a close second being the book for The Avengers. The character designs are so rich with life and color and you can tell this film was a labor of love for both the director and the artists involved and it actually turned out to be an Amazing film!

Not only that, but with this book you get more insight into the universe. For example there is a fold out of the Collector's museum with some of the exhibits are listed...some big surprises in there! There is a lot of reading in this book, as well as explainations of locations and characters. In my opinion Marvel Studios has the greatest concept art team in the business right now and this book showcases just that! Must have if you love Marvel films or concept art in general.

Age of Ultron (Avengers)
Age of Ultron (Avengers)
by Brian Michael Bendis
Price: $46.87
70 used & new from $18.74

5.0 out of 5 stars More like Age of Awesome!, November 24, 2013
I heard so many negative reviews about this storyline that I almost just passed over this collection...but boy was I glad I didn't! I thought the story was absolutely excellent, sort of a "Terminator" meets "I am Legend" mix with Superhero's! My only complaint is that the art could have been better. Normally that would be a deal killer for me, but the story was so entertaining that I didn't really notice it too much. The great thing about this addition is that it has the main story and the side stories that tie in as well...so it is a very comprehensive Age of Ultron Book.

If you are looking for a great Marvel read I suggest getting this collection. I started reading and I could not put it down!

Marvel's Thor: The Dark World - The Art of the Movie (Slipcase)
Marvel's Thor: The Dark World - The Art of the Movie (Slipcase)
by Marie Javins
Price: $42.64
60 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The Masterful Art of Marvel Studios!, November 24, 2013
I have collected every single "Art of" book from Marvel Studios and this one is definitely one of the best, second only to the Avengers art book. One of the thing I love most about these books is that by describing the designs of the characters and scenes you actually get more details that further what you have already seen in the film. I also love to see all the different variations of the same character. For example, it was great to see all the designs for Malekith. You can see where they tried to make him look more like the comic book character, but then explained that his look in the comics wouldn't fit into the Cinematic universe if they translated it directly. Instead they take the "spirit" of the character and reshape it so it still retains ties to it's comic origins yet seamlessly fits into the movie world as well. I think Marvel does this better than any of the other film companies that make comic book movies.

I buy these books because Marvel has the best design team in the business as far as I'm concerned. With each film this design team shows their love of the source material yet knows what is necessary to translate it to their movie universe. Keep up the great work Marvel!

Man of Steel (Blu-ray)
Man of Steel (Blu-ray)
DVD ~ Henry Cavill
Price: $7.50
105 used & new from $2.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Far below the comic book movie standards set by Marvel, September 1, 2013
This review is from: Man of Steel (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
As a 30+ year comic book fan I was in anticipation for this film. I had really loved what the Dark Knight Trilogy had done and Watching the Marvel Cinematic Universe expand from Phase 1 into Phase 2 pushed the whole genre to a new level.

Man of Steel was supposed to be a chance for DC/WB to get their universe started strong and carry it through to an eventual Justice League franchise. I couldn't wait to see that universe unfold. I went opening day with my comic loving friends. As we watched all 3 of us couldn't believe what we were seeing. Horrible wooden dialogue and acting, a plot that seemed too rushed at times and then would speed up at other times, constant flashbacks, uncomfortable awkwardness, and digital effects that seemed out of date and not as seamless as other films in the genre. Really, I felt the quality of the whole film was just terrible. It just wasn't up to the standards as Nolan's Batman or Marvels universe films. Those films have a clear direction and are very confident in themselves. Man of Steel seemed to be a huge mess that didn't really understand what it wanted to say.

When I first saw Iron man and Batman Begins in theaters I remembered thinking "wow! I can't wait to see what happens next!" Those films were near perfection, and laid a strong foundation for future films which continued to be great. The only thing I though after Man of Steel was...time to reboot again. In my opinion this was a terrible foundation to start a DC Cinematic Universe and I am scared to see what follows.

If you liked the film I'm glad, I hope it was what you wanted.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2013 9:47 PM PST

Blade Runner (30th Anniversary Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
Blade Runner (30th Anniversary Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Harrison Ford
Price: $13.89
47 used & new from $12.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Digibook Edition of My Favorite Film!, October 26, 2012
Being a GIANT Blade Runner fan (My all time favorite film), this Digibook version of Blade Runner has been my favorite release so far. The giant briefcase edition is the ultimate collectors set, but this version cuts out a lot of the fat and strips Blade Runner down to everything that it needs to be. No Gimmicky packaging or toy cars.

Here you have the versions of the film that really matter, featuring "The Final Cut" which is by far my favorite version of the film. The picture quality on this Blu Ray transfer is mind blowing. You would think this film was made within the last 5 years if you didn't know any better. The amount of content on these discs is perfect with out being overkill, plus tons of bonus material.

Also, I finally feel that the film has gotten the packaging it deserves with this release. The artwork in the book is great, and I love the cover art of the origami unicorn....a beautiful image that hauntingly represents the movie. This is much better than those character montage covers.

If you want a collection of the Blade Runner versions that strips everything down to all the good stuff...this is the perfect set. If you want everything possible that has been released in Blu Ray for this film get the briefcase version. But then you will be paying much more. A release worthy of the classic, groundbreaking film!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2013 8:24 AM PST

The Dark Knight Rises [Blu-ray]
The Dark Knight Rises [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Price: $12.51
186 used & new from $0.82

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad for a Batman Film...Even Worse For a Nolan Film., October 3, 2012
I have seen most of Christopher Nolan's films and liked them and I have been a Batman fan since the Early 80's. I understand many people liked this film, please do not jump all over me, this is just my opinion. I was so excited for this movie in the theater at midnight as it was about to start and by the end of the film I was only frustrated and angry. After having led up to this film so well, I feel Christopher Nolan had just lost interest in the Batman character and was obligated to make this film. So much of it was like Nolan was trying to entertain himself while compromising the Batman character all along. Here's my issues:

1.) Too much focus on Bane who was uninteresting and not enough Batman screen time.

2.) No Background on Catwoman. Just appears, and then retreats with Batman at the end. Why should we care about this character?

3.) The Character of Batman would never A.) Give up Crime fighting for 8 years (even if he had to stop petty crimes. It is who he is!) or B.) Retire from being Batman. Not in the characters nature.

4.) I hate the whole time you think you are learning about Bane, then it turns out you don't know much about him, but you do know the entire story of Talia who is in the film for a whole 10 minutes.

5.) No payback. Batman never really overcomes his villains. They whup the hell out of him and he still gets pummeled at the end landing one or two lucky shots. Batman should have done better against Bane in the first fight, even though he hadn't been crime fighting for a while, his instincts, past training should have helped him out more. Bane was practically invincible. Nolan's method was all Shock value for the first fight and that equals lazy filmmaking. It was disrespectful to the Batman character. Made him look like a loser.

6.) Batman had absolutely no detective skills in the whole series. This series did a poor job of showing Bruce's intelligence. All brawn and no brains. Untrue to the character of Batman. He is a scientist/genius/detective before a fighter.

7.) Ridiculous death for Bane. So anti-climatic. Disrespectful to the character.

8.) Bruce received no training in the prison that would make him come back and beat Bane. Also, back injuries do not heal that fast.

9.) Bane tells Bruce to experience "The Hell" he grew up in. The prison was actually pretty nice, with a few helpful and friendly inmates.

10.) Cheesy Cliche ending. I did not think Nolan was capable of such a predictable ending.

11.) John Blake Character was great until the cheesy Robin comment. Why even Bother? Then Robin is going to be Batman? Confusing.

I could go on, but ultimately I just felt Nolan took too many liberties with the characters. Even If I tried to view this as a Nolan film first, it was just a poorly written messy story will no sense of flow or direction. The first Christopher Nolan film I haven't liked...it's too bad it had to be a Batman film too.

UPDATE: Judging by some of the comments I think some people have the impression that I didn't understand the film...let me clarify. I think, many people like myself understand what Nolan was trying to do, they just don't like it. It's not that I didn't understand the movie...it's that I understood it and was unhappy with it's direction. I don't want a "Nolan Universe" Batman. I want Batman...a representation of the character I have grown up with. Batman has always changed and evolved, and I like that about the character, but I DO NOT like when some pompous director comes along and changes the core elements of one of my favorite characters.

ALSO for the many comments claiming I should read "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller...Not only have I read it but I have a collector's edition hardcover version of it. There is no comparison here. Frank Miller wrote a great story which is also a stand alone book not to be considered cannon in Batman's history. It is an alternate take on Batman. Read the comments from Miller himself who has done this often with comic characters. Miller can take liberties because he wrote a great story. Nolan did not, so his liberties have become flaws and a lazy script because he could not close up that trilogy in a proper way without Heath Ledger's Joker.
Comment Comments (49) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2013 7:13 PM PST

The Secret World of Arrietty (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
The Secret World of Arrietty (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
DVD ~ Bridgit Mendler
Price: $17.29
46 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hauntingly Beautiful Delight!, May 27, 2012
In my opinion I feel most Studio Ghibli films can be hit or miss. This film however is one that should not be missed! This film is like moving art. Beautiful visuals and beautifully haunting music really add to the films moody story. Some have complained that the story is too simple and that the length of the film is too short. I couldn't disagree more. I think one of the problems of many Ghibli films is that they are too long winded and could stand to be edited a bit. I didn't feel the story was too simple, rather I felt it was more personal and small scale, like a well written independent film. It focused on conversation and storytelling not on a grad complicated plot. It left a lot of breathing room for the ambient music and visuals to really set in, creating a mood that washes over the viewer.

This story did seem a bit mature for really young viewers. For me as an adult animation lover it really does not get much better than this!

Thor (Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)
Thor (Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Chris Hemsworth
Offered by HARVEST MOUSE, LLC
Price: $42.99
26 used & new from $16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvel's Best!, May 11, 2012
Never has a comic book movie captured the scheer wonder, imagination and cosmic greatness as Thor! I passed on seeing this movie in the theater thinking I would not be interested. What a mistake! I am a comic book fan but I never seemed to like Thor as a character. Because this movie was delivered so well, not only did I love the movie but I am now a Thor fan. I get the character now. Chris Hemsworth played Thor so well. He really captured the strength and also the sensitivity of the character, and really made you care about what he is going through. Loki played by Tom Hiddelston is amazing as well, playing his part so well that you are not sure if you want to punch Loki or feel bad for him.

This movie was filled with some of the most beautiful and terrifying character and scenery that I have seen in a long time. Great CGI work, awesome story telling and great actors have made this Sci-fi, action, drama, comic film an instant classic, and something that will be hard to match. I Just Saw The Avengers film, which was amazing but to me this is right up there with it. Keep it up Marvel Studios, you have a great universe expanding! I can't wait to see Thanos in action in the future!

You certainly get your money's worth with this 3D Package, pretty much covering all the formats. Great packaging and delivery here, very high quality product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3