Profile for Bookwormette > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bookwormette RSS Feed (The Buckeye State)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Evecase® Black Large Digital SLR Camera and lens Carrying Pouch Nylon Bag/Case with Strap for Canon EOS 70D, 6D, 60D, EOS Rebel SL1, T5i, T4i, T3, T3i, EOS 5D Mark III, Mark II
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Beginner, March 11, 2015
I'm a beginning photography student. I have the Canon Rebel T3i. This bag is perfect for me because I needed a small, compact bag that would store my camera, the kit lens, an extra battery, the battery charger (and cord for it) and the manual. All fit snugly and safely in this bag. It's pretty easy to pull my camera out of the bag. The bag is durable, and because I am short (just under 5' 0"), the strap on the bag easily makes the bag a cross body bag. if you are a beginner or a photography hobbyist with no extra lenses or other equipment, I would recommend this bag.

Miz Mooz Women's Terri Dress Pump, Black, 7 M US
Miz Mooz Women's Terri Dress Pump, Black, 7 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Miz Mooz Does It Again, October 21, 2014
I stick with a few brands of shoes, and Miz Mooz is one of them. These beauties are exactly what I was looking for. They have a lower heel, have a vintage vibe, and are fashionable. And the strap is secured by Velcro! That is a good thing in my opinion because it allows me to adjust the strap exactly the way I need (perfect for my high arches). Do not be turned off by the Velcro. It is 100% unnoticeable. The quality is very good for the price (as expected with Miz Mooz). They do fit a little small. I normally wear 6.5 in Miz Mooz (37), but the size 6.5 was a it short (not enough for my toes tone touching the front of the shoes, but it was close enough for me to size up to a 7).

Just Dance 2014 - Nintendo Wii U
Just Dance 2014 - Nintendo Wii U
Price: $17.99
69 used & new from $7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Just Dance Game to Date!, December 12, 2013
I have all of the previous Just Dance titles, and, while not perfect, they were fun, and I enjoyed them. When I saw a trailer for this game, I knew I had to have it. When I got the game, I didn't know many of the songs, so I just danced with the songs I knew. That got boring, especially since there is no one to play this with me (my husband won't play it, and I can't expect my friends to come over everyday just to play with me). Out of curiosity, I went online to play. That was the best decision I have ever made. I have really enjoyed dancing with people all over the world and being forced to learn the moves to the songs I didn't know. It has kept me interested in the game, happily playing it for 1-2 hours almost every day. What makes the game even better is you can send friend requests to people you have danced with. I have done that and now have a few "friends" for Just Dance 2014. It makes it even more enjoyable when I am dancing with/against someone I feel like I "know." For parents who are worried about creepers friending their children, you can reject friend requests, so it is safe to allow your children to play online (as long as they are supervised in relation to friend requests).

iDress iP5-KT9 Hello Kitty Metallic Hard Case for iPhone 5 & 5s - Retail Packaging - Polka dots

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable. Very durable., December 12, 2013
This case is really cute, but more importantly, it is very durable, despite it being made of plastic. I have dropped my phone a few times on hardwood floors, and my phone and the case are unscratched. I would recommend this case to any Hello Kitty fan.

John Fluevog Women's Elizabeth Pump,Dark Green,8 M US
John Fluevog Women's Elizabeth Pump,Dark Green,8 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Unique!, June 27, 2013
These shoes are gorgeous! I got them in black and love them so much. The first time I wore them, I was stopped by 4 different people and asked about my shoes. You will get loads of attention and compliments if you wear these beauties.

They do fit small and narrow. I usually wear a 6.5 (and have a slightly wide foot, but I can wear most B width shoes in 6.5) and had first tried these in a 7. The size 7 crowded my toes. I debated giving up on these shoes, but I just couldn't get them out of mind, so. I got them in 7.5. That was the right decision. They fit perfectly.

The only reason I took a star off was because the leather was very stiff initially. I wore them around the house on and off for two days to break them in. By the time the event I wanted to wear the shoes at came, they were 100% comfortable. I wore them for 5 hours straight with no problems.

I am considering getting these in another color.

Dr. Scholl's Women's Friendly Ballet Flat,Black Patent,6.5 M US
Dr. Scholl's Women's Friendly Ballet Flat,Black Patent,6.5 M US
Price: $38.97
5 used & new from $38.97

5.0 out of 5 stars New Favorite Shoes, April 30, 2013
These flats are my new favorite shoes, and this statement is coming from a girl who has more than 80 pairs of shoes. They are my favorite because they can be worn with just about anything. They are patent (faux) leather, and they are extremely comfortable. I wore them for 9 hours straight yesterday with no problems. I love these so much that I am seriously thinking of buying a back-up pair. I have only done that once in the 20+ years I have been buying shoes. The fit is perfect for me. I have a slightly wide foot (not wide enough to actually wear wide shoes) and need a shoe that has a toebox with a generous amount of space. These flats fit the bill.

Kensington Apple iPad 2 KeyFolio Pro Performance Case For iPad 4 with Retina Display, iPad 3 and iPad 2 (K39357US)
6 used & new from $27.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, But Wasn't For Me, June 10, 2012
As soon as I got my iPad 2, I went on the hunt for a keyboard case combo. One of my friends recommended this product, so I went with it.

I had the case for about 2 weeks, and, overall, I was not happy with it.

The reasons why I liked this prodcut:

1) Connects the iPad and keyboard very easily
2) The layout of the keyboard was very good. The keys were where I expected them to be, despite the smaller size.

The reasons why I didn't like the product:

1) Too bulky
2) Does not have anything to keep it closed (no magnets, no velcro, nothing)
3) I felt the iPad was not secure in the sleeve because there was nothing but a small piece material to keep the iPad in
4) I was not crazy about the two views available. I wanted to be able to move the iPad further away from the screen

Because the cons outweighed the pros for me, I returned this product and ultimately ended up with the New Trent IMP38B Airbender ClamShell Keyboard Case for the NEW iPad, iPad 2, Bluetooth keyboard /w matte finish compatible with the NEW iPad, iPad 2 3G Tablet, WIFI Model, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, with multi adjustable angles and removable stand (the UPGRADED ....

New Trent Airbender 1.0 Wireless Bluetooth Clamshell iPad Keyboard Case with 360 Degree Rotation and Multi-Angle Stand for iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2 - Black and Silver
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $36.95
27 used & new from $26.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect But Good Enough For Me, June 10, 2012
I have an iPad 2, and the first thing I did after receiving it was look for a keyboard. At first I got the Kensington Apple iPad 2 KeyFolio Pro Performance Case for Apple iPad 2 and New iPad (K39357US), and it was okay, but it was really bulky, so I started to search for another keyboard and case combo.

I found the Airbender and was not 100% convinced that it would be right for me either, but with Amazon's easy returns policy, I decided to try this model. I am glad I bought this product because I am 99.9% happy with it (wish I could have given the product 4.5 stars). I have had it for a few weeks now. I like the versatility it offers in the way you can view the iPad while typing, and I like how I can easily detach it from the keyboard and take the iPad with me.

Two other things I like are the case feels almost like sturdy plastic, but it has the grippy properties of rubber, making it easy to *not* drop it. And I like how the iPad and keyboard almost instantaneously connect. I did have trouble at first because I thought the blue light would remain on while the two were connected, so I became frustrated, thinking that the two were not connected. Then I realized that the blue light stays off while the two are connected, and all has been well since.

I like the size of the keyboard as well. But it's the keyboard that is what has caused the .1% of unhappiness. I didn't have the same problems as others with the space bar, but I have small hands, so I didn't expect any issues. My problem is the placement of the Page Up button. It sits where the right shift key sits on a traditionally sized keyboard. As a result, when I try to hit the right shift key, I will sometimes hit the Page Up key. It can be annoying, but I am slowly getting used to it.

Overall, I think this is a great product, and I would recommend it to friends.

Raw Unrefined Yellow Shea Butter FILTERED & CREAMY 5 0z
Raw Unrefined Yellow Shea Butter FILTERED & CREAMY 5 0z
Offered by Halaleveryday
Price: $5.50
2 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, May 24, 2012
The skin on my fingertips get so dry that they crack, and I have been looking for something that would help the problem. I tried so many different lotions, and I found that I had to reapply lotion every time after washing my hands. Then I asked a friend about what she used, and she told me about pure shea butter. I was skeptical about its power to help my fingertips, but since my friend gave me a bit, I tried it. I am so glad I tried it because it worked like magic on my fingertips. In addition to helping my fingertips, I found that shea butter did not need to reapplyed. I put it on my hands in the morning after getting out of the shower and then didn't have to worry about it all day.

I now use shea butter on my entire body, including my face. My skin is so much softer and healthy looking. I have only been using shea butter for about a month, and the difference between it and lotions is huge, in a good way. The best part about shea butter: it costs so much less than name brand lotions. I would highly recommend this for anyone looking to combat very dry skin.

Sunbeam S1400 1400-Watt Garment Steamer
Sunbeam S1400 1400-Watt Garment Steamer
Offered by Lightwithin
Price: $71.96
33 used & new from $47.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye Bye Ironing Board, January 31, 2012
I hate everything about ironing, so I decided to give this steamer a try. I am glad I did because this steamer works very well. I have steamed many different pieces of clothing made of many different fabrics. This steamer quickly takes care of polyester, silk and thin cottons. I needed to spend a little more time working with heavier fabrics such as corduroy, but it was still faster than if I had used an iron. In addition to working well, this steamer is small, so it is easy to store, and the wheels on the bottom are convenient because I have mostly hardwood floors in my house. I would recommend this steamer to anyone who wants to kiss the iron and ironing board good bye.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5