Profile for Shalimar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shalimar RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: $27.00
64 used & new from $15.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, June 22, 2014
I have sooooooo many vegan cookbooks so I didn't jump to buy this when it first came out. However, it was recommended to me by more than one person and when I found myself in a recent 'food rut', I decided to buy it for some inspiration. It is AMAZING and might just be my favorite vegan cookbook yet. It is filled with great tips and advice; yes, you can find a lot of them elsewhere and if you have been vegan for a while, it might not be entirely new information - but it is great to have them all contained in one book. As promised, the recipes are easy and completely do-able on a weeknight and often with ingredients you already have on hand. There is also a section for 'Sunday Dinners' which take a little longer. I just can't say enough good things about this cookbook. Buy it - you won't regret it! And once you get it, you should immediately make the Red Hot BLTs (pg. 96). I have made them several times and they are just so easy and delicious.

Love Life
Love Life
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, June 22, 2014
This review is from: Love Life (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed Rob's first book, so I was excited to see that he wrote a second one. He is a talented writer and his story telling skills are impeccable. Rob's fun-loving and grateful spirit shine through in this book. He is clearly a unique combination of true beauty and brains. I hope that he can find another book within himself somewhere!

Bossypants
Bossypants
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LOL!, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Kindle Edition)
I bought this after my daughter read it and said that I MUST read it, too. Tina is amazing and hysterical....I found myself laughing out loud several times while reading this book. I am a huge fan and will continue to be! I hope she actually finds another book or two in herself somewhere.

Prairie Tale: A Memoir
Prairie Tale: A Memoir
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.28

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it!, April 6, 2014
I read this after seeing Melissa on DWTS. I have always been a huge fan of 'Little House on the Prairie' and I read Alison Arngrim's book (which was GREAT!) a few years ago. So, I bought this to read on a recent trip overseas and it kept me entertained on the long plane rides to and fro. She's an interesting woman and I really enjoyed reading about her life.

The Spice Lab's Indian Black Salt - Kala Namak (Fine) Mineral Salt - Glass Spice Jar
Offered by Old World Salt Company
Price: $9.95
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my spice rack!, April 6, 2014
I've been wanting to purchase this for a long time and I finally did it! I am vegan and continue to hear the wonders of indian black salt to give things an "eggy" taste. I made some tofu "egg" salad with this and it was totally amazing! The product is great and the seller delivered promptly - they even included a little sample of truffle salt! Very happy with this purchase.

Deep Thoughts From a Hollywood Blonde
Deep Thoughts From a Hollywood Blonde
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what to say..., April 6, 2014
I am a huge 90210 fan, which is what prompted me to purchase this book. I love biographies and auto-biographies, so this seemed like it would be a good read for a recent trip I was taking. The book just didn't do much for me. It was an easy read, but it just wasn't that engaging. I love to hear about people's childhoods and their humble beginnings, and that was the best part of this book. I wasn't expecting any juicy gossip or anything scandalous.....but it was just sort of flat. And towards the end it became more of a self-help/positive motivation book. Maybe Jennie should've gotten a few more years under her belt before attempting this? Also, I read a previous review of someone who pointed out some inconsistencies (Beverly High School vs. West Beverly High) and that was a little bit of a disappointment. Regardless, I will continue to be a fan of Jennie's and I wish her well in her future endeavors.

MiniPRO by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer
MiniPRO by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer
Price: $14.99
39 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars At first glance..., December 21, 2013
I thought I purchased a child's toy hair dryer. This is very small and doesn't feel very well made, but I have been using it for 6 months and I actually really like it! It works well for me - note that I have very fine hair, so if you have thick hair, it may not work as well. But I really can't complain and I would probably buy it again!

Incipio Dual PRO for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Cherry Blossom Pink/Charcoal Gray
Offered by UGREAT
Price: Click here to see our price
58 used & new from $7.96

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it..., December 21, 2013
I don't have any strong feelings one way or another about phone cases, but the one I was using (borrowed from my son) was way too heavy and bulky. I wanted some protection, but not something that would make my phone weigh 20 pounds. This case is reasonably protective - probably not for someone more active (read: a child or teen), but it works fine and it a very nice color. Also reasonably priced, which is a plus.

MPERO 5 Pack of Screen Protectors for Apple iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C
MPERO 5 Pack of Screen Protectors for Apple iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C
Offered by Empire Case
Price: $0.99
17 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No problem, December 21, 2013
I actually had no problem putting this on my phone. Went on easily, no bubbles, and I can't even tell it's there. I would recommend. Some of these types of items are a real pain. This was a multi-pack, which was a plus!

North End Womens Hi-Loft Insulated Water Resistant Jacket Coat
North End Womens Hi-Loft Insulated Water Resistant Jacket Coat
Offered by Second Glance Fashions
Price: $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., December 21, 2013
I bought this jacket for my upcoming trip to Japan in January. I originally ordered a medium but when it arrived, I felt it was just a little too big (I am 5' 1", 125-ish). So, I returned it and bought a small. The small fits much better. I haven't gone on my trip yet, but so far it seems like a nice, warm jacket at a reasonable price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3