Profile for Honest reviewer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Honest reviewer RSS Feed (Charlotte, NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bell 22-1-33000-8 BellAire 3000 Tire Inflator
Bell 22-1-33000-8 BellAire 3000 Tire Inflator
Price: $32.24
4 used & new from $32.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., May 22, 2014
I wanted a simple yet inexpensive way to pump up low car tires at the house. This does the trick. It is loud, takes several minutes andthe uitdoes get hot. But I start it then go do something else. It cuts off automatically when it gets to the desired tire pressure. Does what I need it to do.

Amped Wireless High Power 600mW Compact Wi-Fi Range Extender (REC10)
Amped Wireless High Power 600mW Compact Wi-Fi Range Extender (REC10)
Price: $62.05
66 used & new from $27.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and works great, September 13, 2013
Was looking for a simple solution to add better wireless signal throughout the house. With a router on the top floor and a home theater in the basement, it just wasn't a great situation. Adding this range extender on the middle floor immediately raised the bars from 2 to maybe 3 up to 5 bars. It was very easy to set up, plugs right into any outlet and is not intrusive at all. Highly recommend to anyone looking for an easy solution to extend the range and improve the signal.

Panasonic TC-L50E60 50-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV and great price!, September 13, 2013
I purchased this TV to replace an 8 yr old Panasonic plasma over our mantel in our family room. This 50" is a perfect size to fit over a mantel without overwhelming the space. And the thin profile and small bezel is great. It is hooked into a full surround sound system so having speakers in back of tv was not a problem. I like that the screen is not real reflective as it is in a room with lots of windows. We have an IR system remote so can't comment on the remote that comes with the TV other than to say it looks well laid out. Still can't get over the price for a high quality smart tv although I will admit that I bought at Best Buy with a price match to Amazon's great price ($899 on sale at Best Buy; $699 on Amazon). Highly recommend for someone who doesn't have to have the very latest model with the very highest specs but wants a great picture at a great price.

Sage 400 mg 100 Caps
Sage 400 mg 100 Caps
Offered by Swanson Health Products
Price: $3.99
3 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars No difference for me., July 27, 2013
Tried this for 2 months. Took 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. Saw no difference in body sweats so won't continue with this.

Monoprice 3-Way Adjustable Tilting Monitor Desk Mount Bracket (106421)
Monoprice 3-Way Adjustable Tilting Monitor Desk Mount Bracket (106421)
Offered by stores123
Price: $46.33
5 used & new from $33.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great. Good price., January 20, 2013
I have never used a desk mount before but wanted to adjust the height and distance from my eyes. The stands on monitors are too low. I tried a more expensive HP (ergotron) arm first. It was a very solid piece but just too big for the space I was using it in so I ordered this less expensive and smaller arm. Works great with my 27" Asus. Easy to set up. Wish I had purchased a monitor arm a long time ago.

Brother Printer HL6180DW Wireless Monochrome Printer
Brother Printer HL6180DW Wireless Monochrome Printer
Price: $249.99
91 used & new from $209.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The honeymoon ended after about one year, November 6, 2012
I bought this printer to replace my HP 3005dn that I've used in my business for the last 4 years.I print a high volume of business documents that must look good. I saw this Brother for $239 that has better specs than my HP and has the same size paper tray. And the high volume cartridge is 1/2 the price of the comparable HP cartridge. Seemed like a no brainer. And it is. Beats my old HP by a long shot even though they had similar specs and costs much less to purchase and operate. I liked it so much I bought a 2nd one. If you need a high speed mono laser printer, this is the ticket. No more HP for me.

Update: Just over one year and 35k pages in the print got real light and fuzzy. Changed cartridge, etc but no luck. Called Brother. Tried changing settings etc but no improvement. Brother agreed to fix it free even though it was 2 months out of warranty. Found out from repairman that this printer has a faulty fuser. He says Brother knows about it and that he fixes a bunch of these. So maybe that is why this printer seems to be such a good deal for the money. Is working again now that it has new fuser. Waiting for the fuser to go out on my second one. So just be aware that at about 35k pages you may need an expensive repair or just throw it away.

Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder 18
Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder 18

5.0 out of 5 stars A great solution., July 2, 2012
Wish I had tried one of these years ago. I'm 6'4" so packing shirts and pants in a normal suitcase doesn't work too well and I really don't want to carry a separate hang up bag. This is a great option. The first time I used it I carried 2 pair of pants, 3 dress shirts and 2 golf shirts. It allowed me to keep these clothes separate from my other clothes, made into a compact piece and kept things fairly wrinkle free. It was easy to pull out this separate piece from my luggage whenever I needed some if my dressier clothes. I plan to use this whenever I travel.

eBags Mother Lode eTech Junior 25" Wheeled Duffel
eBags Mother Lode eTech Junior 25" Wheeled Duffel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag., July 2, 2012
I wanted a new piece of luggage as an alternative to lugging around the heavy 28" Samsonite stuff. Decided to try this bag based on reviews, the way the manufacturer stands behind the bag and the various compartments this thing has. When I first got it I was concerned it may be too small. I also ordered a 28" High Sierra rolling duffel. I then compared the 2. While the High Sierra was a bigger piece, the suitcase side was 2" shallower than the ebag's. The ebag also had the compartment options, much quieter wheels and a more solid feel. Took the ebag on a one week trip where I was moving to a new location each night. This bag was great. It holds a ton. It will be my go to bag from now on.

High Sierra Evolution 28-Inch Drop Bottom Wheeled Duffel
High Sierra Evolution 28-Inch Drop Bottom Wheeled Duffel

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned it., June 20, 2012
Bought this piece looking for a replacement to the heavy 29" Samsonite stuff I lug around the airport. Thought this might be a good option. I also purchased a 25" Ebag duffel so had it to compare to. I had assumed that the 28" High Sierra would have a good bit more room than the 25" Ebag. After having them side by side, that doesn't appear to be the case. The suitcase side of the High Sierra is only about 5" deep while the Ebag one is about 7" deep. So even though the 25" Ebag duffel is about 2" narrower, with the added depth, it appears to hold at least as much as the 28" High Sierra. So my desire to have something that holds more didn't pan out. So I just compared the 2 on the other features. The Ebag just felt like it was put together better. The handle extended longer which I like and the wheels on the Ebag are totally silent. Not the same on the High Sierra. And the Ebag had the separators for the suitcase side. So based on that, I returned the High Sierra and plan to keep the 25" Ebag.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2012 4:55 AM PST

adidas Men's Sport Performance Climalite Boxer Brief, Two-Pack
adidas Men's Sport Performance Climalite Boxer Brief, Two-Pack
Price: $18.95 - $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. Bought more., June 18, 2012
Bought these and the highly recommended Exofficio boxer briefs to compare. Time to retire the Hanes cotton boxer briefs. After wearing both for a few weeks, I am buying more of these. They are similar to the Exofficios but, for me, don't roll up my leg at all or wedge where they shouldn't. Don't notice you have them on. Great for workouts or just day to day. And if you ever needed to wash out in the sink for efficient travel, they dry up in a hurry. Best I've tried at any price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3