Profile for Aging Gamer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 84

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aging Gamer "MJimenez05" RSS Feed (West Haven, Connecticut)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition - Xbox One
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition - Xbox One
Offered by Tech Finder
Price: $62.99
76 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the best but fun nonetheless, November 5, 2014
I am a big fan of the COD series. After the last foray with call of duty GHOSTS (DISAPPOINTMENT) I was now skeptical of this game. I pre-ordered several months ago hoping I would not be disappointed. With me it's the story or campaign that's important. With the addition of a class act like Kevin Spacey the story has hit new heights. The graphics are phenomenal especially the motion capture. The technology is close to seamless. Gameplay is familiar to the call of duty universe but with the addition of the exo suit and jet packs it gives it a futuristic feel. I am still getting the hang of the muliplayer but it is much better than Titanfall or Destiny. You will read a lot of negative reviews because people were expecting a blockbuster; certainly this game is in the top 5. One more thing, with the inclusion of double xp during gameplay you will rank up quickly. Take my word as a casual gamer, this is a lot of fun.

Acer Iconia A3-A10-L879 10.1-Inch Tablet (White)
Acer Iconia A3-A10-L879 10.1-Inch Tablet (White)

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Knockoff product, October 19, 2014
Received this as an anniversary gift. Never used an acer product before so I was skeptical but as they say you should not look a gift horse in the mouth. Soon after the warranty expired things started to go wrong. The video began to lag, connectivity failed often, slow to respond and then the worst thing happened...the power button broke. Since I could never let it turn off it began to really have overheating issues. Finally the screen began to flicker and finally completely shut off. Never again.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Xbox One
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Xbox One
Price: $27.99
148 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just hack and slash, October 18, 2014
I have played other games based on the Lord of the rings but this one was different. It has a great story and fantastic gameplay. The characters are lifelike and believable. The controls are simple and fun when they are combined for killer moves. Also there are comedic moments in the gameplay. I really just began to play but I really love this game.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (10.1-Inch, Black)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (10.1-Inch, Black)
Offered by DataVision Computer Video
Price: $296.00
28 used & new from $200.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Get them while they're hot!, October 18, 2014
I owned an acer tab for less than 6 months when the power button broke. It would have cost the same to repair as getting a new tablet. I opted for a new tab and since I loved my wife's galaxy tab I decided on the galaxy 4. I was searching for the best price and saw that everythingoes was out of financial reach, nothing less than 500 bucks. I saw this tablet on sale for 290 sold by Amazon llc. At first I thought it was a typo or that these were refurbished but I was wrong. I received a beautiful brand new tablet. Highly responsive and worked great out of the box. Easy setup and use. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Alien: Isolation - Xbox One
Alien: Isolation - Xbox One
Price: $37.49
79 used & new from $28.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Alien isolation basically hide and seek or die!, October 11, 2014
I am a huge fan of the movie Alien. I own the Alien Quadrilogy. I was excited to hear about this game. It is a beautiful recreation of the original movie set of the Nostromo like ship. The animation is spot on but I was never drawn into the story. I found it a bit boring. It was also quite frustrating because the Xenomorph came out of nowhere and killed you. After about 2 hours I left my buddies house where he was showing the game and sent mine back. Did I forget to mention that my copy was not loading for some reason. Must have received a bad disc.

HUHD® 2.4Ghz Fiber-optical Wireless 2014 Newest Premium Digital High Performance, Xbox One/360, PS4/3, PC Noise Cancelling Gaming Headset, Detachable Microphone
Offered by Pro Headset
Price: $72.99
5 used & new from $65.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller is better sometimes., October 8, 2014

Best purchase I made in a long time. Used return money from tb x07 headphones and bought a less expensive but far superior headset. First they are wireless from xb within 10 meters. Second they are compatible with xb1 xb 360 ps3 and 4 and computer. No batteries recharges over 2 hour from USB port. 14 hour lithium battery internal. Great sound separate controls in headset for chat and game volume. On off switch on headset. All wires includes USB and fiber optic and chatwire. Earcups similar to turtle beach. The only thing it did not include was adapter for controller which I had. Works great too sound and performance.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2014 6:58 AM PDT

Destiny - Xbox One
Destiny - Xbox One
Price: $39.99
102 used & new from $27.90

4.0 out of 5 stars The Destiny of Xbox one looks brighter., September 15, 2014
This review is from: Destiny - Xbox One (Video Game)
Xbox one gaming is back with Destiny. With many lackluster titles this gaming system this really should have been the flagship title. I feel its many different games in one. Its an RPG and a first person shooter. You'll find similar elements in halo, mass effect and call of duty. The is a great campaign mode and you must finish certain levels to be able to play the arena mode called the crucible 6 on 6 multiplayer matches 4 different modes and one free for all game. Friends can play together in exclusive matches. I really felt that this game is going to save the Xbox one. So many of my friends sold theirs because it took forever for a decent game like this came out.

SwissGear Tablet single-shoulder bag for iPad & iPad mini for man - Black color
SwissGear Tablet single-shoulder bag for iPad & iPad mini for man - Black color

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bro bag!, August 17, 2014
Made of sturdy mix of nylon and cloth this bag has lasting potential. Long strap so it can be slung over your head to opposite shoulder. Can hold a 10 inch tablet. Plenty of pockets and compartments. The swiss army logo is on the bag as well as the shoulder strap pad.

Philips CSS2123B/F7 Soundbar with Subwoofer (Black)
Philips CSS2123B/F7 Soundbar with Subwoofer (Black)
2 used & new from $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great things come in small packages, August 3, 2014
After my purchase of an Xbox one I saw no need for my Bluray player, unfortunately it had a surround sound system. Since I just plunked down 5 bills for the game system I needed an inexpensive alternative. After shopping around, I found this device. The reviews were great after you weeded out the trollers and haters. I was slightly skeptical but I was mistaken. The sound quality is superb. The bass from the subwoofer is amazing and hits you right in your chest. Although not as powerful as a multi speaker system it does an adequate job in translating the TV sound into a simulated surround sound experience. It also works with my gaming system which was not true of my old surround sound system. Hooks up easily with an av cable to the TV and an optical connection to my game system. The subwoofer is not wireless and it has a very thin wire that connects to the back of the unit. It also comes with a tiny remote..this is the only drawback. I don't think it will sync with a universal remote, I will have to research that. The speaker is a little over 2 feet long and approximately 2 inches high. Very light, its amazing how much sound it produces. The subwoofer is about 12 x 12 x 6 and weighs about 8 pounds. I am pleased with my purchase I'm sure you will be too!

Koss UR-20 Home Headphones
Koss UR-20 Home Headphones
Price: $14.89
85 used & new from $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet ear candy, August 3, 2014
I have a huge head so purchasing headphones and hats are always a problem. Three things I love about this device: they fit comfortably over my head, the earcups fit perfectly over my ears and the sound quality is superb. Compared to other more expensive equipment, these are quite a bargain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9