Profile for Ignatius Reilly > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ignatius Reilly RSS Feed (Chicago)

OXO Good Grips Silicone Sink Strainer
OXO Good Grips Silicone Sink Strainer
Price: $7.99
24 used & new from $4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 15, 2010
I already had 2 of these but when I wash them I have nothing in my sink and the wife still puts plates with crap on them in the sink so I figured I had better buy a backup set. I was satisfied with the first pair I bought 4 years ago and I am satisfied with this pair. A great product! Easy to use, clean, empty out and they look nice too against my black fake ass granite sink.

Maverick ET-7 Remote-Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes
Maverick ET-7 Remote-Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes
Price: $36.49
36 used & new from $36.17

3.0 out of 5 stars When it works it is good..., June 27, 2010
I hated this thing at first, but once you get used to it, its good. It is a pain in the butt to figure out and get used to, mainly because im a stubborn fool. I have a Big Green Egg (Which if you don't have, save some money and get it, you will never go back to whatever you use now) and do a lot of overnight smoke sessions. And I live in Chicago, so in the winter going outside to check temps sucks. When this thing is working, it rules. I put one probe in the meat and one probe in the big green egg and all I have to do is walk to the kitchen to see my temps. No more going outside in January in my slumber thong. But it took me awhile to figure out the exact spot it has to go to in the kitchen, which is literally 10 feet away from the smoker and only has 1 wall/window barrier-and it still loses the signal sometimes.

Pros:
Still accurate to the degree after moderately heavy use
If wrapped in plastic baggie it can weather any weather (But can and will blow away and it bad winds)
When working, it saves my big ass a trip down 3 stairs
Held up to a lot of abuse over moderately heavy use (wrap foil around part of probe cable that will be in grill/smoker
Battery still going strong after moderately heavy use

Cons:
Range sucks
Will occasionally lose contact with the transmitter, only to reconnect randomly later
Will sometimes lose contact and never reconnect-which sucks for long over night cooks
I wish it had a setting so if the temp dropped below X degrees an alarm would sound

At the end of the day if you keep it close, protected from the weather and know how to use it - this unit will work great about 80% of the time. I just make sure I check my meat every few hours anyway so that fixes that problem. The bottom line is it is not perfect, but works well (just not all the time!)

Weber Baby Q (Q 100) Portable Gas Grill (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Weber Baby Q (Q 100) Portable Gas Grill (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuel Source, June 9, 2006
I do not have this model, I have the Q220 which is brand new and only used once, but a dream for someone without a yard and grills on the sidewalk. Anyway, someone people had trouble finding propane, below is a little tip.

BernzOmatic� 14.1oz propane cylinders can be purchased at any hardware store. They are the propane tanks that a blow-torch is attached to and will be found near the blow-torches. You will not find these tanks anywhere near the camping/grilling sections. They are skinnier and taller and blue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2009 5:11 PM PST

Weber Q 200 Portable Propane Grill, Silver Series (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuel Source, June 9, 2006
I do not have this model, I have the Q220 and so far its awesome. Below you will find a note about fuel, people seem to be confused where to find the right tanks at.

BernzOmatic® 14.1oz propane cylinders can be purchased at any hardware store. They are the propane tanks that a blow-torch is attached to and will be found near the blow-torches. You will not find these tanks anywhere near the camping/grilling sections. They are skinnier and taller and blue.