Profile for Debbie Lambert > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Debbie Lambert "Bellabutterflye" RSS Feed (Houston, TX USA)

Rickie Lee Jones
Rickie Lee Jones
Price: $4.99
195 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "There's Always Somethin' Happenin' There...", June 30, 2005
This review is from: Rickie Lee Jones (Audio CD)
WOW! For some reason, I had Rickie Lee Jones on my mind the other day and it occured to me I hadn't given this CD a listen in a few years. Now I see that virtually on the same day, there's a brand new Anthology release. HMMMMM!!! Anywyay, RLJ IS THE DUCHESS OF COOLSVILLE.

Nostalgic yet currently accessible, I am amazed I could ever file this away. I've been listening to it for the past 2 days and it's absolutely incredible that I was enjoying these songs immensely in the early 80s! It soared way above just about anything else that was current during that period of music and again, 25 years later, the same thing holds true!

One of the greatest things I enjoy so much about this collection of songs is that it takes you through a gamut of emotion. How many artists can do that on one single album? Rickie Lee Jones can. So much has been said about this already but I love to see that other's "get" the absolute grab and hold that "Last Chance Texaco" takes of your heart. It reaches some place in my heart like no other song can. The only other song in my collection that goes anywhere that close is Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here".

It is really hard to pick a favorite, so I won't. But if I had the nerve to open my own bar, I'd call it "Danny's All Star Joint" and the bartenders would have to sing along with Rickie Lee every night for last call.

Shameless Nostalgic Warning: I don't see much mention of "Young Blood" but that song was the inspiration for a multi media slide show project I did at the University of SC Media Arts department w/ my friend Carolyn Howe, around 1983. It's the closest thing to a music video I ever got to help create and boy I wish I could see it today, 25 years later.

I think this music is an essential for any music lover's collection, a must have. I'd love for them to remaster this entire CD. I have to admit however that even though the CD is not a remaster, it sounds pretty damn good in 2005. Give it a listen!

"Turn her over......and go!"