Profile for Robert G Yokoyama > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 899

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert G Yokoyama RSS Feed (Mililani, Hawaii)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Yummy Stories: six stories to stimulate your mind and appetite (Read aloud; Volume: 1)
by Lil L. Alexander
Price: $10.77
14 used & new from $6.77

5.0 out of 5 stars These stories motivate me to eat healthy foods and to appreciate nature., March 20, 2015
Yummy Stories is a collection of six short stories by Lil L. Alexander. These stories are designed to get children to eat vegetables and fruits.. There is one story that also makes me appreciate all of the great things that can be found in a garden. My favorite story is "Three Garden Fairies".This story is about how bees, flowers and fruits all contribute to the beauty of a garden. I also like the story about a dinosaur named Cheekerchuck. Alexander changes my perception of this animal by creating an adorable dinosaur that likes to eat carrots and melons. My other favorite story is about cabbage and an emperor. The lesson in this story is to repay an act of kindness after kindness is bestowed on me. This story gives me a craving to eat some cabbage in my next meal. This book is beautifully illustrated by Anda Cofaru. These colorful pictures add to the enjoyment of the book.

Consciousness Archaeology
Consciousness Archaeology
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I believe in the power of consciousness archaeology, March 17, 2015
I believe in the power of consciousness archaeology. The most significant application in this book is the practice of letting go. This involves fully experiencing a painful situation and having the ability to let it go. This is difficult for me to do. The vices of rejection, denial and arrogance prevent me from letting go. I also believe that I can raise my consciousness by showing kindness and maintaining a sense of humility. Freeman believes that each person possesses an inner genius. I agree with this completely. Being a genius simply means having an insight in a particular area. I have discovered that over the years that I am a genius in networking. I meet new people constantly. I have the ability to create new work opportunities for myself because of my ability to network with different kinds of people. I think that everyone has the power to network. I try to help people to create or expand their own networks. I believe in the value of surrendering my own beliefs every and then. This helps to keep my mind open to new avenues. I will read this book periodically to remind me to surrender my beliefs and to let go of my negative emotions. These practices will help me to stay mentally and spiritually healthy throughout my life.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2015 7:42 AM PDT

Earth Wind & Fire Men's Vintage T-shirt X-Large Black
Earth Wind & Fire Men's Vintage T-shirt X-Large Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I love to wear this shirt., March 13, 2015
The shirt fits me perfectly. I am a big Earth Wind and Fire fan, so I love to wear this shirt. I celebrate their musical legacy by wearing this shirt. This black shirt with the gold emblem is stylish and easy to match with my black jeans and other clothes.

Tea Beyond Glass Teapot Polo 45 oz stainless steel strainer non drip Friendship Series
Offered by Tea Beyond
Price: $28.00
3 used & new from $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love to use this tea pot from Tea Beyond., March 8, 2015
I love this tea pot from Tea Beyond. I can make three pots of tea with just half of a bag of a tea sample. I enjoy making the caramel black tea. I have never tried this blend before. I like to drink it for breakfast, but I could drink it all day long. The caramel black tea and the Earl Grey tea delivers a perfect amount of caffeine to get going in the morning I also enjoy the sunshine flower tea. It is so much fun watching this gray ball in the package bloom into a flower. This flower transforms my hot water into a lovely sunshine color. This tea is not as strong as the caramel black or the Earl Grey tea, but it is excellent to drink in the evening before bed time.This is the first tea pot where I can actually see tea become tea through the glass. I enjoy this teapot very much.

Piece By Piece (Deluxe Edition)
Piece By Piece (Deluxe Edition)
Price: $13.96
72 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great new album from Kelly Clarkson., March 4, 2015
There is a good balance between faster tempo songs and the slower tempo ones. There are lyrically moving songs on this album as well. I love "Heartbreak Song" It is a excellent dance tune. Some songs are lyrically inspiring like "Invincible". This is a song that will make young girls feel better about themselves. The title song is a reminder that a person's faith in people can be restored after being damaged. "Piece By Piece" is a song that I listen to for inner strength when I need it. "In The Blue" is the best song about how friendship that transcends time. This song resonates with me. I think it is because I have several true blue friends that I have grown up with. "Second Wind" is another gem of a song. It touches me because I believe that anyone can get a second wind. "Second Wind" is the kind of song that motivates me not to give up on anything. "Run Run Run" is a superb duet with John Legend. I never thought I would hear these two very different voices singing together on a song. I love the piano playing on "Run Run Run" by him. I also enjoy John Legend's soulful voice paired with Kelly. This is an entertaining album by Kelly.

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
81 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the mix of fast and slower tempo songs on this album., February 23, 2015
This review is from: Smoke and Mirrors (Audio CD)
My favorite song on this album is the title track. It combines great lead vocals and mind blowing guitar playing. The lead vocals make me feel peaceful. The electric guitar playing mixes well with the vocals. My other favorite song is "Trouble". This song has such an infectious beat. It makes me want to march or do some exercises or something. "I'm So Sorry" and "Friction" are two songs that keep me on the edge of seat. These two songs will help me to release some anger and tension when it comes up. "I Bet My Life" is a song that resonates with me. This song touches me because I am always putting my life and trust in other people. "Shots" and "Hopeless Opus" are two songs that remind me to forgive myself for any personal mistakes I have made in life. The lyrics of these two songs really touches me. I love the way Dan Reynolds sings. He has the ability to sing a fast or slow song equally well. "Smoke and Mirrors" is a very enjoyable album from Imagine Dragons.

Creative Anarchy: How to Break the Rules of Graphic Design for Creative Success
Creative Anarchy: How to Break the Rules of Graphic Design for Creative Success
by Denise Bosler
Price: $24.10
64 used & new from $14.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Anarchy introduces me to the fascinating world of graphic design., February 22, 2015
Graphic design is a fascinating subject. I would like a job in creative design because of this book. It would be so much fun to do something creative. Creative Anarchy is about breaking the rules of graphic design to create something unique. I work for a theater company part time, so this information could be very useful in my work right now. One important rule of graphic design is that type is everything. I learned some new words that will help me to understand how to use type in graphic design. I learned that kerning is the space between two letters in a single word. I learned that tracking is the spacing of all the letters in a single word. I will remember these words if I ever get the chance to design a poster for my new play in April. There is a picture of a poster advertising the Shakespearean play Othello. The first O in Othello is at the top of the poster. The other letters are in a descending diagonal pattern that covers the entire poster. The display of the letters signifies the descent that Othello experiences in the play. I hope to create a poster that is memorable for my future plays. Another rule of graphic design is to use a grid. I aspire to write a book of my poems. I want to write an autobiography some day too. I could use a column grid. This kind of grid works perfectly for books that combines words and pictures together. I learned a few things the use of color in graphic design. I learned that hue is the name of a color. I learned that tint is the lightness of a color. I learned that shade is the range within a particular color. I hope to get the chance to create a mural some day. I could use my knowledge of color to create a spectacular mural. I learned so much from reading Creative Anarchy. I can not wait to apply some of the things I have learned in my work and personal projects.

Captain No Beard and the Aurora Borealis (Captain No Beard Stories)
Captain No Beard and the Aurora Borealis (Captain No Beard Stories)
19 used & new from $0.88

5.0 out of 5 stars This beautiful book teaches kids that stealing is wrong., February 10, 2015
The title of this book drew me to it. I did not know anything about the Aurora Borealis. I want to learn more about astronomy and about the different stars in the sky. The message of this book is that stealing is wrong. I really appreciate the lessons that Carole P. Roman includes in all of her books. There is a picture of a monkey with an eye patch. I think this picture is very neat. Every page has a colorful picture on it. Every page seems like a beautiful painting to me. I love this book very much.

Fribbet the Frog and the Tadpoles: Captain No Beard
Fribbet the Frog and the Tadpoles: Captain No Beard
9 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars This book teaches kids about the joy of having siblings., February 10, 2015
Fribbet The Frog and the Tadpoles is a great book for children. It teaches kids how to accept change in the family. It teaches kids that having siblings can be a fun experience. I love the colorful pictures of the green frogs in this book. Every page is filled with bright colored pictures. It makes this book so much fun to look at and read. Carole P. Roman uses the human example of Captain No Beard and his sister Cayla to show that having a sibling can be enjoyable. I enjoy this book very much.

The Crew Goes Coconuts!: A Captain No Beard Story Volume 6
The Crew Goes Coconuts!: A Captain No Beard Story Volume 6
Price: $11.99
18 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Crew Goes Coconuts is an excellent book for kids that teaches some important lessons., February 9, 2015
The Crew Goes Coconuts is an excellent book for children. It teaches kids the importance of not teasing anyone. This book also aims to teach to look for the good in everyone and to accept them. Another message of this book is that everyone is special and has something to offer. I love the alliterative names in the book. There is a Mongo monkey There is also a Fribbet the frog and Linus the lion. The names gives the words a poetic quality. This makes this book easy to read. Every page has a colorful animal that is fun to look at for kids and adults. I like this book very much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20