Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Robert G Yokoyama > Reviews

Browse

Robert G Yokoyama's Profile

Customer Reviews: 955

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert G Yokoyama RSS Feed (Mililani, Hawaii)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Beyond Therapy: Igniting Life Focus Community Movements
Beyond Therapy: Igniting Life Focus Community Movements
by Erving Polster
Price: $29.95
34 used & new from $25.91

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope this book will help me in my work., April 24, 2016
It is neat to see how a life focus group can work successfully in my life. I also have an example of a life focus group that does not work so well in my life. The goal of a life focus group is to clear up anything that is complicated or unclear in my life by sharing stories with other people. I belong to a theater group of performers. We share stories with each other every week about some aspect of our lives. We take those stories and turn them into skits and plays to perform. This is a very nurturing supportive environment to learn how to become an actor I also work with adults who have learning disabilities. I can share stories about my frustrations of working with them with my other coworkers. I have received empathy but no solutions about how to decrease my client's anger and increase their productivity from my coworkers. The beauty of the life focus approach is that there is no set time limit. The process of sharing stories is ongoing. I will try sharing my experiences with another set of coworkers to try to get a new perspective on my problems with my client. Beyond Therapy gives me the hope that I can improve my working relationship with her.

Indian Giver
Indian Giver
by John E. Smelcer
Price: $14.00
31 used & new from $7.57

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the poems in this book., April 12, 2016
This review is from: Indian Giver (Paperback)
I love this collection of poetry by John Smelcer. These poems are about the Native American experience in Alaska. This is a subject I know nothing about, so I really like how Smelcer expresses his thoughts about it. My favorite poem is entitled "Indian Policy". This poem is about how a young Native American man is denied scholarship money to go to college because he is Native American. I never knew that Native Americans encountered such discrimination before. My other favorite poem is entitled "A Polar Bear Prays For Colder Days Ahead". I have never read a poem about a polar bear before. I like the creative idea of trying to get into the mind of a polar bear. I never thought that a polar bear would worry about ice melting. "Returning the Gift" is another poem that I like. This poem is about a raven looking for a salmon to eat. I love poems about animals. I learned the definition of the word tsinaen in this poem. This word means thanks. This word is from the Athna Native American language. It is a language that John Smelcer is trying to preserve."An Indian Poet Apologizes For His Color" is an autobiographical poem about Smelcer himself. He is three quarters white but one quarter Native American. This poem motivates me to write a poem about my cultural identity and how I feel about being Japanese and Chinese. "Fish Camp" is an excellent poem about a man and a woman fishing. This poem resonates with me because I can relate to being infatuated with the beauty of a woman. I have never noticed a beautiful while fishing, but it is some thing that could happen to me.

Cleopatra
Cleopatra
Price: $12.19
24 used & new from $8.90

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy this album by the Lumineers., April 8, 2016
This review is from: Cleopatra (Audio CD)
I love the song "Gun Song". This is a great song about not owning a gun, but finding it hard to escape the presence of guns. I like songs that try to advocate non violence. A few of these songs in the album are about trying to find a sense of independence in the world. "Sleep On The Floor" and "Angela" are two beautiful songs that communicate this theme perfectly. Wesley Schultz is a talented song writer. His songs make me think about the world I am living in and my place in it. "Cleopatra" is a song about finding love at the wrong time. I think I am not the only person who can relate to the lyrics of this song I love the guitar playing on this song. It sounds very upbeat. "Ophelia" is a sweet love song. The piano playing by Jeremiah Fraites is superb here. "In The Light" is a song that puts my mind at ease. The guitar playing and piano playing are just so soothing on this song. I will listen to this song each time I am stressed out and it will make feel better. "Gale Song" is another beautiful song. This song is about dealing with loneliness and the longing to be loved by someone. This is an entertaining album by the Lumineers.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2016 2:37 PM PDT

Can a Princess Be a Firefighter?
Can a Princess Be a Firefighter?
Price: $11.69
17 used & new from $4.66

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is important to read to little girls., April 5, 2016
Can a Princess Be a Firefighter is an important book to read to young girls. It reminds them that they can become whatever they want to be when they grow up. There really are no limitations in life. This is something that parents need to teach their young daughters. This is the perfect book to get a little girl interested in exploring different careers. I believe that it is possible for a girl to be a firefighter or even a construction worker. I applaud Carole P. Roman for writing this book. It is the kind of book that makes girls curious to explore different jobs. The illustrations by Mateya Arkova are enjoyable to look at too. I love this book.

Rocket-Bye
Rocket-Bye
Price: $12.99
10 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to learn more astromony because of this book., April 4, 2016
This review is from: Rocket-Bye (Paperback)
I love Rocket-Bye by Carole P. Roman. I never took an astronomy class, and this book gives me a quick introduction to some of the concepts in astronomy. I learned the names of stars like Polaris, Castor and Rigel. These are stars known for their brightness in the sky. I am motivated to learn more about each star because Carole has introduced them to me. I want to learn what makes each planet in our solar system special. I knew that Mars has a red surface that makes it special. Saturn is famous for having rings around it. But I want to know what makes the other planets unique like Venus, Uranus and Neptune. I love the illustrations by Mateya Arkova. Her illustrations are colorful and fun to look at. This book raises my interest in astronomy. I love it when a book motivates me to learn more about a subject.

Blues Of Desperation
Blues Of Desperation
Price: $13.99
24 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe Bonamassa plays the guitar and sings like a legend., March 25, 2016
This review is from: Blues Of Desperation (Audio CD)
I love this album by Joe Bonamassa. I haven't heard anyone play the electric guitar as good as this man in a long time. My favorite songs are "Distant Lonesome Train" and "Blues of Desperation". These two songs are gritty and groovy. I actually like every song on this album. "Mountain Climbing" is a song that really rocks too. This is the kind of song that makes me feels I can actually climb a mountain and overcome any obstacle. I love the power in Joe Bonamassa's voice on this song."The Valley Runs Low" sounds like a radio friendly pop hit because of Joe's engaging vocals. I hope "The Valley Runs Low" gets air play on the radio stations. "How Deep This River Run" is another great song. I like the musical arrangements best on this song. I especially love the drum playing with the electric guitar playing on this tune. I love the saxophone and piano playing on the song "Livin Easy". This song has a smooth bluesy tone. I love the tune "Livin Easy". "There is No Place For The Lonely" is a song with lyrics that resonate with me. I truly believe there is no place for me to go when I feel lonely. Joe's guitar playing is so heartfelt and powerful on this song. I love everything about this album by Joe Bonamassa.

Something Beautiful
Something Beautiful
Price: $9.99
29 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an entertaining debut album by Jordan Smith., March 18, 2016
This review is from: Something Beautiful (Audio CD)
Jordan Smith has a voice that is clear and powerful. He has the ability to make well known songs his own with his voice. He sings "Over The Rainbow" with a few words in the beginning that I have never heard of before. He makes my heart feel at peace on this song. Jordan delivers the most soulful cover of "Amazing Grace" I have ever heard. There is a wisdom in Jordan's voice beyond his years. This is evident on the song "And So It Goes". He makes me forget that Billy Joel originally did this song. "Settle" is a song that makes me feel empowered. This song makes me believe that I deserve the best in life, and that I should not accept second best in a relationship.."Aint Got To Far To Go" is a very uplifting song. Jordan sounds like he has a choir backing him on this song. "What Now" is a song that makes me feel hopeful that my all aspects of my life will improve. "Beautiful Things" and "Stand In The Light" are two songs that resonate me lyrically. These two songs are a reminder for me to embrace everything and everyone in my life. This is an entertaining debut album by Jordan Smith.

Conscious Men: Mastering the New Man Code for Success and Relationships
Conscious Men: Mastering the New Man Code for Success and Relationships
by John Gray
Price: $13.50
2 used & new from $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book., March 15, 2016
I learned that being a conscious man means being able to access the masculine and feminine side of my personality every day. I learned that listening involves both masculine and feminine qualities. Listening involves being still and silent like a man, but it also involves listening and responding with empathy and compassion like a woman. I have to do a better job of listening with empathy and compassion. There is another useful chapter in this book that discusses how to channel my anger into a position of leadership or something positive. I got angry when my responsibilities were decreased. I did not feel like a valued employee to the company. I really worked hard at working with my one client. Earlier this month I received another client to work with. I learned to work hard and not get angry when something happens at work. I love it when I read something that I can apply to my life. Conscious Men makes me really think about my mission and purpose in life. My mission and purpose in life is to help to create plays for the people of Hawaii. I meet every week with a group of my fellow performers. We reconnect with each other by talking about our lives. We also conduct interviews with different people in the community for their stories. We share the stories we collect and craft them into a play. There is a chapter in this book that talks about supporting one another. This is what I do every week with my theater group. Not every chapter in this book relates to me. There is a chapter about sex in this book. I do not have sexual partner, but I look forward to finding a woman some day. This book gives me hope. I think that if I continue working doing theater work I will find a sexual partner. The information in this book is very insightful and easy to understand. I like this book very much.

Cave Kiddos: A Sunny Day
Cave Kiddos: A Sunny Day
by Eric Jay Cash
Price: $9.99
16 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book., March 13, 2016
A Sunny Day is a great book for readers of all ages. This book is a reminder for adults to approach everything in life with a sense of wonder. There is always something to discover, and I absolutely agree with that. Children will enjoy looking at the colorful pictures of the cave kiddos. This book will help young kids sound out words when they are learning to read. Maybe Eric Jay Cash will introduce a longer word for kids to sound out in his next book. Water is pretty easy to sound out phonetically, but I still love this book.

If You Were Me and Lived in...Egypt: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World (Volume 17)
Price: $10.99
22 used & new from $7.74

5.0 out of 5 stars This book highlights all the special things about the country of Egypt., March 8, 2016
Carole P. Roman has written another great book. This is a very informative book that describes all the special things about the country of Egypt. I would like to see the majestic pyramids and take a felucca ride down the Nile River. I learned that a felucca is a boat. There is a colorful illustration of the pyramids by Kelsea Wierenga in this book. I learned that part of Egypt lies in Africa and part of Egypt lives in Asia. I like the descriptions of food in this book. I love to eat eggplant, and I would love to try a dish called baba ghanoush. This dish is mashed eggplant mixed with parsley, sesame paste and lemon juice. Another Egyptian food I would like to try is kushari. This is a vegetarian stew with pasta, tomatoes and rice lentils. I learned that Egyptians like to decorate eggs in a celebration called Sham El Nessim. This is similar to Easter celebrated in America. This is an excellent book that introduces kids to Egypt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20