Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Robert G Yokoyama > Reviews

Browse

Robert G Yokoyama's Profile

Customer Reviews: 916

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert G Yokoyama RSS Feed (Mililani, Hawaii)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Great Unknown
The Great Unknown
Price: $11.88
37 used & new from $7.47

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the new album by Rob Thomas., August 27, 2015
This review is from: The Great Unknown (Audio CD)
My favorite track is "Absence of Affection". This song motivates me to look for my true love and not settle for anything less. The lyrics of this song really resonate with me. My other favorite track is the song "One Shot". This song reminds me to give maximum effort in everything I do. "Steady" is a song that reminds that the decisions I make in life dictates the life I lead. "Hold on Forever" is a song about having a special friend to rely on at all times. I like this song very much. The title track encourages me to explore the unknown things in life.

Rob also has very groovy songs on this album. I love the song "I Think We'd Feel Good Together". The confidence in Rob's voice gives me confidence when I hear this song. "Trust Me" is a good dance song. I can really move to the beat of "Trust Me".

Rob also includes songs about life falling apart. I love the lovely piano playing on the song "Pieces".This song is a reminder that life can easily become disorganized and scattered by any little problem. can relate to the lyrics of "Not Like You Told Me". This song is about expressing frustration when life does not work out as planned. Every song on this album seems to touch me in some way. I absolutely love this album.

Witches Protection Program
Witches Protection Program
by Michael Phillip Cash
Price: $10.99
24 used & new from $1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the themes in this book. I just wish some themes were more developed, August 26, 2015
I like all the themes in Witches Protection Program. I like the theme of a young police officer trying to prove his worth to his father. The mark of a good writer is the ability to make a reader believe what he is writing about. Michael Phillips Cash accomplishes this.Even though this book is a work of fiction, I could toss aside the belief that witches are not real and actually exist.

I like the elements of witch craft in this book. I think the idea of shape shifting is really neat. The ability to take the shape of an another person or an animal is just fascinating fiction to me. I even like the idea of women enslaving men in this book. I wish that Michael Phillip Cash went a little further in developing the theme of how women would actually enslave men. Cash presents the idea of a face cream designed for women. This face cream would control the minds of men. I just wanted a little more explanation about the face cream would do that. Looking in the eyes of a woman wearing the face cream could turn all men into zombie slaves. This scenario is not in the book, but I would liked something like this. I enjoyed this book overall though.

Pokergeist
Pokergeist
by Michael Phillip Cash
Price: $12.99
12 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy this book., August 22, 2015
This review is from: Pokergeist (Paperback)
The ghost of a legendary poker player helps a young man play in the International World Series of Poker. I really like Pokergeist.. It captures the love for the game. I admire the talent that poker players have. They can play under pressure well and make good decisions This book also captures the negative aspects of the game with the character of Clutch. Poker can cause people to become greedy and materialistic.

I like how the confidence of the main character of Telly grows in the book. He is not confident in his ability to play the game in the beginning, but that changes the more he plays.. I like the sweet romance between Telly and his girlfriend Gretchen in the book. What makes a person a good poker player is confidence. This is the main message I got from this book Confidence is also what makes a person a strong human being, that theme resonates with me. I try to find things to boost my confidence all the time.

Now That's What I Call Music Vol.55 / Var
Now That's What I Call Music Vol.55 / Var
Price: $11.88
40 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Most of the songs on this CD are entertaining, August 8, 2015
My favorite song on this CD is "Girl Crush" by Little Big Town. This is a slower country song that I am used to, but it explains how I feel when I see a girl like I like. I like the lyrics a lot. This is a song that I don't hear every day on the radio, so I enjoy it very much. There are songs that I do hear every day on the radio. "Style" by Taylor Swift and "Thinking Out Loud" are tunes I still enjoy. "Fun" by Chris Brown and Pit Bull is a song that I love just for the beat of it. "Hold Me Up" is a song that makes feel empowered. I like the energy in Conrad Sewell's voice. "Cheerleader" is an uplifting song. I love the horns playing in this song. "Honey I'm Good" is a song that simply makes me feel good. I don't even have a special person in this life, but this song makes me feel like I do. The only song I did not care for is "This Summer's Is Going To Hurt". I like a lot of Maroon 5 songs, but this one did not move me lyrically or melody wise. The Justin Bieber song, Where Are You Now is not that impressive lyrically but I like the electronic music playing on this song. Not every song on this CD is good, but most of these songs are good enough for me to recommend it.

Savage Mountain
Savage Mountain
by John E. Smelcer
Price: $8.91
38 used & new from $1.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Savage Mountain is an exciting adventure novel., July 18, 2015
This review is from: Savage Mountain (Paperback)
Savage Mountain is a novel about the adventure of two teenage brothers climbing Mount Sanford in Alaska. Climbing mountains in Alaska is not just about scaling a large rock face. It involves delicately walking across a glacier that could crack at any time. It involves battling the elements of nature like freezing snow and wind. It involves wading through ice cold rivers and encounters with grizzly bears. All of these details makes this a book a fascinating and quick book to read. The dangerous physical conditions requires the brothers to put their trust in each other. This trust leads to a new mutual respect between the two brothers.

I like the theme of fathers and sons in this novel. Sons are often trying to win their father's approval by attempting to do something worthy. I have tried to do things in school and in my career to make my dad proud of me. I failed many times, because I did not get good grades or the job I wanted. The father and son theme in the book resonates with me, because it reminds me of my teenage years. My dad revealed in a documentary film of how proud he is of me a few months ago. I love it when an author provides me with a theme I can relate to. Smelcer provides discussion questions at the end of the novel. I like it when an author does provide questions at the end of a book. It helps me reflect on what I just read.

If You Were Me and Lived in...China: A Child's Introduction to Culture Around the World
by Carole P. Roman
Price: $9.99
17 used & new from $4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to learn more about Chinese culture and language because of this book, June 24, 2015
This short book highlights some of tourist attractions and culture of China. I would love to visit China and see the great wall some day. There is a colorful illustration of the wall in this book. I would also like to see the terracotta army in a different part of China. I learned how to say I love you in Chinese. This is a helpful phrase that I hope to use on a pretty girl some day. I also learned that the Chinese word for happiness is fu, and I also learned that the word for treasure is bao. I don't know if these words are Cantonese or Mandarin, but I hope I can use these words in a conversation some day. I am motivated to learn more about Chinese culture and language because of this book.

Inside Out
Inside Out
Price: $11.59
47 used & new from $6.74

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best movie soundtrack of the year., June 23, 2015
This review is from: Inside Out (Audio CD)
The film delves into the emotions of an eleven year old girl named Riley with this superb music. The score by Michael Giacchino is one of the things that make the film special. This music covers every human emotion. I love the excitement captured in the piece "First Day of School". I love the carefree spirit conveyed in "Chasing the Pink Elephant". I love the frantic tone in the piece "Dream A Little Nightmare". Giacchino communicates such serenity with the piece entitled "Tears of Joy". This piece soothes me. I never thought I would ever hear music about what it sound like if I forgot to do something. "The Forgetters" is a musical piece that conveys how natural and easy It is to forget There is a bonus track entitled Lava This beautiful song is performed in the short animated short before the feature film. The ukulele playing and vocals by Kuana Torres are just lovely. This song is about a volcano dreaming about another volcano to love. I love the creative premise behind this animated short. This song exposes local Hawaiian music to a wider audience. I love that because I am from Hawaii. This is the best movie soundtrack of the year.

Django and Jimmie
Django and Jimmie
Price: $10.00
73 used & new from $6.72

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album by these two country legends., June 2, 2015
This review is from: Django and Jimmie (Audio CD)
This album by Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard is superb. My favorite song is "It's Only Money". This song changes my attitude about making money. I should not be so driven to make money because it is spent so quickly. I can relate to the lyrics. I like the upbeat tempo with the saxophone playing on It's Only Money". I really like the song "Alice In Hulaland". The steel pedal guitar gives this song a laid back Hawaiian music tone that I enjoy. "Django and Jimmie" is a tribute song to two early 20th century musicians. Django was a guitarist who inspired Willie Nelson. Jimmie Rodgers was an expert yodeler who inspired Merle Haggard to sing. It is great to hear the about the musical influences of these legends in a song. "Good Ol Johnny Cash" is another tribute song to a music legend. I don't mind tribute songs if they are either touching or humorous. This song about Johnny Cash is. I love the piano playing on the song "Family Bible." I love the lyrics, even though I haven't read the Bible that much in my life. I like the sentiment of a family sitting down to listen to a father read from the Bible. The coziness of a bar is captured in the song "Swinging Doors". This is a great country song. "Live This Long" is a song that reflects on the amazing lives these two men have led. I hope to live long enough to sing a song like this. This is an entertaining album.

Yepal 380gsm Superior Microfiber Drying Towel, Microfiber Cleaning Towel, Dark Purple Color , Unique New Waffle Design, Size At 20"x 24", Superior Cleaning and Drying Towel for Auto Cleaning, Auto Drying, Pet Drying, Hair Drying, Spilling Drying and Household Cleaning
Offered by YEPAL
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love to use this microfiber towel., May 19, 2015
I use this towel to dry my car after I wash it. I occasionally use this towel to dry the table after each meal It dries very quickly after I use it. I wish I had a few more microfiber towels to clean my house with. I could wash my dishes with it. Maybe I could even polish my silverware with this towel The lovely purple color makes this towel easy to find among the other towels I have.

Hidden Strengths: Unleashing the Crucial Leadership Skills You Already Have
Hidden Strengths: Unleashing the Crucial Leadership Skills You Already Have
by Milo Sindell
Price: $12.77
57 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I will work on developing my hidden strengths to become more productive at work., May 19, 2015
Hidden Strengths are not the work skills that I excel at. Hidden Strengths are not the work skills that I am weak in. Hidden Strengths are the skills that I do moderately well. I must strive to develop my hidden strengths to improve the quality of my work. I always thought that I needed to focus on my weakness to become a better worker. The information in this book gives me a new mind set. The practice of working on developing my hidden strengths is something I never thought of before.

My hidden strength is listening because I am not bad at it. I don't excel in it either. Listening can become a learned strength for me through practice. I can practice listening by listening to my director when I am performing on stage. I can also practice listening by taking the suggestions of my coworkers when I have to give presentations at work. My other hidden strength is conflict resolution. Conflict resolution is closely tied to listening in my work. I have learned that if I talk less and listen more to my clients, my work conflict goes away faster. I have to learn to accept the different ideas that other people have. My problems with my coworkers in theater seem to disappear when I accept different ideas they have for the performance. This book has helped me to identify my hidden strengths. I really enjoyed reading this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20