Profile for Robert G Yokoyama > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 911

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert G Yokoyama RSS Feed (Mililani, Hawaii)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
If You Were Me and Lived in...China: A Child's Introduction to Culture Around the World
by Carole P. Roman
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $5.55

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to learn more about Chinese culture and language because of this book, June 24, 2015
This short book highlights some of tourist attractions and culture of China. I would love to visit China and see the great wall some day. There is a colorful illustration of the wall in this book. I would also like to see the terracotta army in a different part of China. I learned how to say I love you in Chinese. This is a helpful phrase that I hope to use on a pretty girl some day. I also learned that the Chinese word for happiness is fu, and I also learned that the word for treasure is bao. I don't know if these words are Cantonese or Mandarin, but I hope I can use these words in a conversation some day. I am motivated to learn more about Chinese culture and language because of this book.

Inside Out
Inside Out
Price: $11.88
29 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best movie soundtrack of the year., June 23, 2015
This review is from: Inside Out (Audio CD)
The film delves into the emotions of an eleven year old girl named Riley with this superb music. The score by Michael Giacchino is one of the things that make the film special. This music covers every human emotion. I love the excitement captured in the piece "First Day of School". I love the carefree spirit conveyed in "Chasing the Pink Elephant". I love the frantic tone in the piece "Dream A Little Nightmare". Giacchino communicates such serenity with the piece entitled "Tears of Joy". This piece soothes me. I never thought I would ever hear music about what it sound like if I forgot to do something. "The Forgetters" is a musical piece that conveys how natural and easy It is to forget There is a bonus track entitled Lava This beautiful song is performed in the short animated short before the feature film. The ukulele playing and vocals by Kuana Torres are just lovely. This song is about a volcano dreaming about another volcano to love. I love the creative premise behind this animated short. This song exposes local Hawaiian music to a wider audience. I love that because I am from Hawaii. This is the best movie soundtrack of the year.

Django and Jimmie
Django and Jimmie
Price: $10.00
71 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album by these two country legends., June 2, 2015
This review is from: Django and Jimmie (Audio CD)
This album by Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard is superb. My favorite song is "It's Only Money". This song changes my attitude about making money. I should not be so driven to make money because it is spent so quickly. I can relate to the lyrics. I like the upbeat tempo with the saxophone playing on It's Only Money". I really like the song "Alice In Hulaland". The steel pedal guitar gives this song a laid back Hawaiian music tone that I enjoy. "Django and Jimmie" is a tribute song to two early 20th century musicians. Django was a guitarist who inspired Willie Nelson. Jimmie Rodgers was an expert yodeler who inspired Merle Haggard to sing. It is great to hear the about the musical influences of these legends in a song. "Good Ol Johnny Cash" is another tribute song to a music legend. I don't mind tribute songs if they are either touching or humorous. This song about Johnny Cash is. I love the piano playing on the song "Family Bible." I love the lyrics, even though I haven't read the Bible that much in my life. I like the sentiment of a family sitting down to listen to a father read from the Bible. The coziness of a bar is captured in the song "Swinging Doors". This is a great country song. "Live This Long" is a song that reflects on the amazing lives these two men have led. I hope to live long enough to sing a song like this. This is an entertaining album.

Yepal 380gsm Superior Microfiber Drying Towel, Microfiber Cleaning Towel, Dark Purple Color , Unique New Waffle Design, Size At 20"x 24", Superior Cleaning and Drying Towel for Auto Cleaning, Auto Drying, Pet Drying, Hair Drying, Spilling Drying and Household Cleaning
Offered by YEPAL
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love to use this microfiber towel., May 19, 2015
I use this towel to dry my car after I wash it. I occasionally use this towel to dry the table after each meal It dries very quickly after I use it. I wish I had a few more microfiber towels to clean my house with. I could wash my dishes with it. Maybe I could even polish my silverware with this towel The lovely purple color makes this towel easy to find among the other towels I have.

Hidden Strengths: Unleashing the Crucial Leadership Skills You Already Have
Hidden Strengths: Unleashing the Crucial Leadership Skills You Already Have
by Milo Sindell
Price: $15.45
52 used & new from $8.28

5.0 out of 5 stars I will work on developing my hidden strengths to become more productive at work., May 19, 2015
Hidden Strengths are not the work skills that I excel at. Hidden Strengths are not the work skills that I am weak in. Hidden Strengths are the skills that I do moderately well. I must strive to develop my hidden strengths to improve the quality of my work. I always thought that I needed to focus on my weakness to become a better worker. The information in this book gives me a new mind set. The practice of working on developing my hidden strengths is something I never thought of before.

My hidden strength is listening because I am not bad at it. I don't excel in it either. Listening can become a learned strength for me through practice. I can practice listening by listening to my director when I am performing on stage. I can also practice listening by taking the suggestions of my coworkers when I have to give presentations at work. My other hidden strength is conflict resolution. Conflict resolution is closely tied to listening in my work. I have learned that if I talk less and listen more to my clients, my work conflict goes away faster. I have to learn to accept the different ideas that other people have. My problems with my coworkers in theater seem to disappear when I accept different ideas they have for the performance. This book has helped me to identify my hidden strengths. I really enjoyed reading this book.

Pitch Perfect 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Pitch Perfect 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Offered by MediaMineUS
Price: $11.50
77 used & new from $3.92

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the music on this soundtrack., May 14, 2015
I love the music on this soundtrack. "Crazy Youngsters" is one of my favorites here. I think this song encapsulates the theme of the movie, which is about brave college kids competing in a song competition. Ester Dean has such a soulful powerful voice. Anna Kendrick sings the hit song "Cups" in a campfire scene in the movie.. She is accompanied by the equally talented Rebel Wilson and the rest of the Bardem Bella's. I love all the songs included in the medleys on the soundtrack. I especially enjoy the songs "Wrecking Ball" and "We Belong" and "Run The World". These songs may be targeted for young women, but these tunes are so upbeat they appeal to anyone. Adam Devine sings an entertaining version of "All of Me". His version is not as touching as the one done by John Legend, but it is still enjoyable to listen to. Pitch Perfect 2 is the one of the best soundtracks in a long time. All of the songs are superb.

Who's The Slow Learner? Adventures In Independence
Who's The Slow Learner? Adventures In Independence
by Sandra Assimotos McElwee
Price: $16.95
13 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sean Elwee's accomplishments inspires and motivates me to try new things., May 8, 2015
I am amazed by the accomplishments and attitude of Sean McElwee. He can play golf, bowling, basketball, baseball. He even has a black belt in karate. I did not think that a person with Down Syndrome could do that. I have cerebral palsy. I enjoy watching sports and have tried bowling, but my poor eye coordination makes it difficult. Sean had a fear of people in wheelchairs,but being exposed to them has transformed his attitude about them. He has embraced and even dated a young woman in a wheelchair. I just admire his spirit. This book chronicles Sean and his adventures of taking the bus. I can relate to his experiences of getting off at the wrong destination. I really enjoyed reading about Sean and his adventures in dating, Sean inspires me to try to date more girls. Sean even briefly tried living on his. own. I have physical challenges that Sean does not. Still, I think his experience with independent living has motivated me to try it, or at least try to make the family home more wheelchair friendly. Sean McElwee's life experiences inspires me. He has motivated me to strive to improve my living situation, employment situation, and even my social life. Sean McElwee is not afraid to try new things to improve his work skills. He volunteers his time saving cats and works as an aide in his church's Sunday school, I hope to find the time to volunteer and learn new skills like Sean has.

Tea Beyond PINK Glass Teapot Butterfly 710ml 24 Oz Non Drip with Infuser
Tea Beyond PINK Glass Teapot Butterfly 710ml 24 Oz Non Drip with Infuser
Offered by Tea Beyond
Price: $24.00
2 used & new from $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love to use this tea pot., April 20, 2015
This is the best tea pot I have ever owned. I use it every day since the day I got it. I use it several times a day to make tea. The best thing about this tea pot is that I don't need any tea bags to use it. I have a porcelain tea pot, but I prefer to use this one. It is faster to make tea, especially the ones I received in the Tea Beyond tea combo. It is fun to watch the flower bloom in the pot. It becomes tea in matter of a few minutes. I love the butterfly on top. The butterfly is cute and still intact. I love this tea pot.

Tea Beyond Tea Combo Fab Flowering Tea 4ct and Assorted Natural Earl Grey Jasmine Caramel 60g
Offered by Tea Beyond
Price: $17.50
2 used & new from $16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this tea combo from Tea Beyond., April 19, 2015
I love this tea combo from Tea Beyond. Each pouch in the combo makes three pots of tea. There are no messy tea bags to deal with, so it is very quick to make. I love the variety of teas in this combo. I drink the sunshine flowering tea in the evening. It helps me relax at the end of the day. I love to watch the blooming flower in the teapot become tea in a matter of mere minutes. I love to drink caramel black tea in the morning. It has just the right amount of caffeine to help me focus throughout the day at work. The Earl Grey tea is perfect to drink at lunch. This tea pairs well with the sandwiches and the hot lunches I have at work. I can drink jasmine green tea any time of the day. It gives a jolt of caffeine every time. I absolutely love this tea combo. I would recommend it to anyone.

A Fool To Care
A Fool To Care
Price: $9.99
41 used & new from $4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an entertaining new album of music from Boz Scaggs., April 19, 2015
This review is from: A Fool To Care (Audio CD)
I love this new album by Boz Scaggs. The duet by Lucinda Williams entitled "Whispering Pines" is beautiful. It sounds so serene " Hell To Pay" is a duet with Bonnie Raitt is more of an up tempo song with a nice beat. I love the guitar playing on this song. These two songs are my favorites I applaud Boz for choosing two country singers to sing with. The result is a pair of diverse sounding songs that I really like. "Last Tango on 16th Street" is a tribute to a street in New Orleans. This is a song that I could see myself dancing with a beautiful woman to. The piano playing is simply superb. "Full of Fire" is a groovy song. This is the kind of song that gives me a sense of confidence to take on the difficult challenges in my life. I like Boz's version of "Love Don't Love Nobody". Boz is almost 71 years old. His voice conveys a wisdom and warmth on this song that I enjoy listening to. "I Want To See You" is a romantic song about a man seeking to get to know a woman better. The lyrics of this song resonates with me because I am always trying to meet someone new. This is a very entertaining album of new music from Boz Scaggs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2015 1:04 PM PDT