Books with Buzz Courage To Act by Ben S. Bernanke Learn more Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Joe Bonamassa All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Robert G Yokoyama > Reviews

Robert G Yokoyama's Profile

Customer Reviews: 922

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert G Yokoyama RSS Feed (Mililani, Hawaii)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
48 used & new from $5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Janet is back with an entertaining album., October 2, 2015
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
This album has a good mix of dance songs and smooth jams. My favorite dance song is "Gon B' Alright". The horn playing and the funky beat makes this song special for me. "Burn It Up" is another song that gets me moving. Missy shines with her rapping on this song. "Danmm Baby" is a song that I can see myself dancing to in any club. The title track is such an uplifting jam. This song reminds me that I will always have someone when times get tough for me. Janet slows things down with the song "After You Fall". This song has the most beautiful piano playing I have heard in a long time. "Night" is another song with a great dance beat. "No Sleep" is the smoothest jam on this album. I can listen to this song and relax at the end of the day. J. Cole's rapping is really good on this song Black Eagle is a slower tempo song. This song reminds me that every human life has value. The message of this song is that I always try to up lift every one around me. "Broken Hearts Heal" is a song that makes me feel good. This song reminds me that having a broken heart is just temporary. I really love this new album by Janet Jackson.

Cass County
Cass County
34 used & new from $8.46

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is Don Henley at his best., September 25, 2015
This review is from: Cass County (Audio CD)
Don Henley still sounds great at 68 years of age. The songs on this album all have a personal message for me. My favorite song is "That Old Flame". This is an up tempo duet with Martina McBride. This song reminds me that it can be dangerous to rekindle things with an ex girlfriend. I never thought I would hear Mick Jagger and Don Henley sing a song together. They collaborate on a lovely song entitled "Bramble Rose", and it sounds beautiful. The mandolin playing on this song gives this song a romantic sounding quality that I love. I really like the duet that Don Henley sings with Merle Haggard. This song is entitled "Cost of Living". This song reminds me to embrace getting older and to always live in the present. Merle Haggard and Don Henley possess a wisdom in their vocals on this song. It is definitely a highlight on this album."When I Stop Dreaming" is a beautiful love duet with Dolly Parton. The steel pedal guitar playing makes this sound like a classic country tune. I can relate to the lyrics of a song like "Waiting Tables".This song is about a woman waiting tables for a living, and just waiting for something better to come along. I have worked menial jobs before so these lyrics really resonate with me. "Brand New Tennessee Waltz" is a beautiful song. I can visualize myself learning how to dance the waltz to this song. This song has lovely violin playing on it. "Take A Picture Of This" is a song about how being overly sentimental about the past can be a negative thing. I like the message of this song very much "Praying For Rain" is a simple song about the hope for and power of rain. I never heard of rain being sung in this context before. I really enjoy Henley's creative lyrics on this tune. "Where I'm At Now" is another tempo song that celebrates getting older. This song has a superb rock sound to it. I really enjoy everything about the album "Cass County".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2015 7:49 AM PDT

Introducing Darlene Love
Introducing Darlene Love
Price: $10.99
55 used & new from $8.20

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy the music on this album by Darlene Love., September 20, 2015
Darlene sings a variety of genres on this album. This album is enjoyable because of her ability to sing in different musical styles She sings gospel songs like "Marvelous" and "Jesus Is The Rock That Keeps Me Rolling" I am not a religious person, but these songs are very upbeat. Darlene's voice has so much power on these two songs. The piano playing sounds great on these tunes. Darlene can also sing a rock song equally well. "Little Liar" is a rock song with gritty guitar licks. Darlene sounds strong vocally on "Little Liar" "Sweet Freedom" is not a rock or a gospel song, but I enjoy it very much. "Sweet Freedom" celebrates the freedom of a person after spending time in prison for a crime. "Sweet Freedom" is a song that reminds me that redemption is possible for everyone. "Love Kept Us Fooling Around" is just a sweet feel good R and B love song. I love the retro sixties tone of this song. I really enjoy the duet that Darlene sings with Bill Medley on this album. It is entitled "Still Too Soon Too Know". I would classify this song as an easy listening song. Bill Medley still has a smooth deep voice. He accompanies Darlene nicely on this song. I like the sax playing on this song. "River Deep, Mountain High" and "Among The Believers" are two songs that makes me believe that I can achieve anything. Darlene has the kind of voice that motivates me to reach higher and try harder. These two songs are proof of the power of her vocals. "Just Another Lonely Mile" is a song that reaffirms my belief that true love exists. "Night Closing In" is a song that I can slow dance to with a special woman. The sax and drums are played beautifully on this track. I really enjoy this album. I hope other listeners enjoy it too.

Crosseyed Heart
Crosseyed Heart
Price: $13.98
49 used & new from $6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very entertaining album by Keith Richards., September 19, 2015
This review is from: Crosseyed Heart (Audio CD)
I honestly did not know that Keith Richards could sing. He can sing, and this album proves that he can. My favorite song is "Blues In The Morning". This song really energizes me. This is the kind of song that will wake me up every morning. His guitar playing is just superb. This song simply rocks. Keith teams up with Norah Jones on a song entitled "Illusion". This song sounds very relaxing. Norah's piano playing is excellent. I love Keith's rendition of "Goodnight Irene". I have never heard the complete lyrics to this song. Keith vocal performance makes this song touching for me. "Robbed Blind" is another song in which Keith shines vocally. Keith makes me believe that getting robbed blind could happen to me "Something For Nothing" is another song with good guitar licks. The background singers gives this song an uplifting quality. This song makes me feel good for these two reasons. I love the simplicity in Keith's guitar strumming in the song entitled "Crosseyed Heart". The song entitled "Heartstopper" is Keith's tribute to all the beautiful special women in the world. I like the lyrics to this song very much."Love Overdue" is a song with probably the best lyrical line song in music. Keith sings about being a prisoner of loneliness. I have often felt this way, so this song kind of resonates with me lyrically I love the horn playing on this song too. "Crosseyed Heart" is a very entertaining album by Keith Richards.

Strangers Again
Strangers Again
Price: $13.99
25 used & new from $10.48

5.0 out of 5 stars "Strangers Again" is one of Judy's best albums in her career., September 18, 2015
This review is from: Strangers Again (Audio CD)
I really enjoy this new album by Judy Collins. My favorite track is "Send In The Clowns". Judy sings this song with Don Mcclean. I think their voices sound beautiful together. The violin playing on this track is beautiful. I also like the song "Belfast To Boston".Judy sings this song with Marc Cohn. This is a song about the end to war and a call for peace.The beat of the drums gives this song a patriotic quality that I love. It is great to hear Marc Cohn sing again. I also like the song "Miracle River". Judy sings this song with Michael McDonald. This song is about the realization of inner peace and the journey everyone goes through to reach that peace. Michael McDonald gives this song a soulful quality that he is so well known for. "Make Our Garden Grow" is a pretty song that Judy sings with Jeff Bridges. I like the sentiment of this song. I hope I find a special woman to spend my life with. "When I Go" is another gem of a song. This song makes me think about what kind of impact I will leave when I die. The imagery of the animals described in this song is very poetic. I also love the banjo playing on this song very much. "Someday Soon" is a great story song. This song is about the courtship between a young man and woman. I love the piano playing. Jimmy Buffett sounds good vocally here. I have many versions of the song "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, but I have never heard it as a duet. Judy performs it with a young singer named Bhi Bhiman. This young singer has a very moving voice. Judy sings the title track by a singer named Ari Hest. His guitar playing and his deep rich voice makes this song special for me. "Strangers Again" is one of the best albums in the career of Judy Collins. I absolutely love this album

The Story of Sonny Boy Slim
The Story of Sonny Boy Slim
67 used & new from $6.24

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is a late summer delight., September 11, 2015
I love the music of Gary Clark Jr. He is a talented musician. He sounds like a cross between Prince and Jimi Hendrix. I can hear the Jimi Hendrix influence on a song like "Grinder".The long riffs on the electric guitar in this song are superb. The guitar riffs also sound great on a gritty tune entitled "Stay".

I can hear the gospel influences on songs like "Healing" and "Church". These are two very special gospel influenced songs. "Healing" is about the healing power of music. I think everyone can relate to the lyrics of this song. Even though I do not go to church, I love the song "Church". The acoustic guitar and harmonica playing are superb here. I have no problem when Gary Clark Jr. proclaims his faith in a song. The song just needs to sound good, and this song entitled Church, is a definitely a highlight on this album. "Hold On" is a song that reminds me that I can endure adversity and survive in life. I love the lyrics on this song very much. I love the up beat tempo of the song "Can't Sleep". This song is about women can drive men crazy. "Can't Sleep" is a song that communicates how difficult it can be to live with a woman and without a woman. BYOB is a song that I listen to while drinking a cocktail. "BYOB" is a very relaxing tune. "Star" is a simple song lyrically. It reminds me that I can be a star and succeed at whatever I try to do. I like the message of this song. "Shake" is a song that gets me moving. I can listen to the song Shake when I am drinking my coffee on the morning. "Our Love" is a sweet soulful song. Every great album needs a good love song, and "Our Love" is certainly that. "The Story of Sonny Boy Slim" is a late summer delight of an album.

The Great Unknown
The Great Unknown
Offered by MediaMineUS
Price: $8.65
73 used & new from $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the new album by Rob Thomas., August 27, 2015
This review is from: The Great Unknown (Audio CD)
My favorite track is "Absence of Affection". This song motivates me to look for my true love and not settle for anything less. The lyrics of this song really resonate with me. My other favorite track is the song "One Shot". This song reminds me to give maximum effort in everything I do. "Steady" is a song that reminds that the decisions I make in life dictates the life I lead. "Hold on Forever" is a song about having a special friend to rely on at all times. I like this song very much. The title track encourages me to explore the unknown things in life.

Rob also has very groovy songs on this album. I love the song "I Think We'd Feel Good Together". The confidence in Rob's voice gives me confidence when I hear this song. "Trust Me" is a good dance song. I can really move to the beat of "Trust Me".

Rob also includes songs about life falling apart. I love the lovely piano playing on the song "Pieces".This song is a reminder that life can easily become disorganized and scattered by any little problem. can relate to the lyrics of "Not Like You Told Me". This song is about expressing frustration when life does not work out as planned. Every song on this album seems to touch me in some way. I absolutely love this album.

Witches Protection Program
Witches Protection Program
by Michael Phillip Cash
Price: $11.21
26 used & new from $0.23

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the themes in this book. I just wish some themes were more developed, August 26, 2015
I like all the themes in Witches Protection Program. I like the theme of a young police officer trying to prove his worth to his father. The mark of a good writer is the ability to make a reader believe what he is writing about. Michael Phillips Cash accomplishes this.Even though this book is a work of fiction, I could toss aside the belief that witches are not real and actually exist.

I like the elements of witch craft in this book. I think the idea of shape shifting is really neat. The ability to take the shape of an another person or an animal is just fascinating fiction to me. I even like the idea of women enslaving men in this book. I wish that Michael Phillip Cash went a little further in developing the theme of how women would actually enslave men. Cash presents the idea of a face cream designed for women. This face cream would control the minds of men. I just wanted a little more explanation about the face cream would do that. Looking in the eyes of a woman wearing the face cream could turn all men into zombie slaves. This scenario is not in the book, but I would liked something like this. I enjoyed this book overall though.

by Michael Phillip Cash
Price: $12.99
17 used & new from $4.85

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy this book., August 22, 2015
This review is from: Pokergeist (Paperback)
The ghost of a legendary poker player helps a young man play in the International World Series of Poker. I really like Pokergeist.. It captures the love for the game. I admire the talent that poker players have. They can play under pressure well and make good decisions This book also captures the negative aspects of the game with the character of Clutch. Poker can cause people to become greedy and materialistic.

I like how the confidence of the main character of Telly grows in the book. He is not confident in his ability to play the game in the beginning, but that changes the more he plays.. I like the sweet romance between Telly and his girlfriend Gretchen in the book. What makes a person a good poker player is confidence. This is the main message I got from this book Confidence is also what makes a person a strong human being, that theme resonates with me. I try to find things to boost my confidence all the time.

Now That's What I Call Music Vol.55 / Var
Now That's What I Call Music Vol.55 / Var
Price: $11.99
45 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Most of the songs on this CD are entertaining, August 8, 2015
My favorite song on this CD is "Girl Crush" by Little Big Town. This is a slower country song that I am used to, but it explains how I feel when I see a girl like I like. I like the lyrics a lot. This is a song that I don't hear every day on the radio, so I enjoy it very much. There are songs that I do hear every day on the radio. "Style" by Taylor Swift and "Thinking Out Loud" are tunes I still enjoy. "Fun" by Chris Brown and Pit Bull is a song that I love just for the beat of it. "Hold Me Up" is a song that makes feel empowered. I like the energy in Conrad Sewell's voice. "Cheerleader" is an uplifting song. I love the horns playing in this song. "Honey I'm Good" is a song that simply makes me feel good. I don't even have a special person in this life, but this song makes me feel like I do. The only song I did not care for is "This Summer's Is Going To Hurt". I like a lot of Maroon 5 songs, but this one did not move me lyrically or melody wise. The Justin Bieber song, Where Are You Now is not that impressive lyrically but I like the electronic music playing on this song. Not every song on this CD is good, but most of these songs are good enough for me to recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20