Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for toothrough > Reviews

Browse

toothrough's Profile

Customer Reviews: 115

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

toothrough RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Murder in the Kitchen (Cozy Murder Mystery) (Harley Hill Mysteries Book 3)
Murder in the Kitchen (Cozy Murder Mystery) (Harley Hill Mysteries Book 3)
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The Victim was the Luckiest One in this Book, September 9, 2015
Sigh.... this book was disappointing. The start had all of the trademark things that make it a cozy mystery. Finite number of people attending, remote castle most likely a blizzard coming, tempers and a nice mix of guests and staff. But then, before we can even get TO the castle things go wrong. The stuff that's happening just doesn't even make a lot of sense. Then there are the typos/misused words (in the kindle edition) that bring you right out of the story all together. I mean really, there's a character named Sara or Sarah but I couldn't tell you which because it's written BOTH ways in the story. Scenes jump all over the place, things from the past are mentioned yet never delved into... ugh. I see what the author may have started with as a premise, but then it just went terribly wrong. There were too many ideas not edited down or out and too many side items trying to rear up. The biggest bust though was the ending. It came out of left field and really had NOTHING to do with ANYTHING that had happened in the book. They sully the reputation of one of the characters for absolutely NO reason and the culprit is a big old huh? Seriously? It was just a complete mess. I think there is promise with the author but a better editor is needed as well as someone with whom to bounce ideas.

BSI Double Ball Roller Bowling Bag, Black/Grey
BSI Double Ball Roller Bowling Bag, Black/Grey
Offered by Internet Bowling Warehouse
Price: $42.25
3 used & new from $42.25

4.0 out of 5 stars The bag was as advertised and works fine. Fits one men's size 11 shoes and socks ..., September 3, 2015
The bag was as advertised and works fine. Fits one men's size 11 shoes and socks for the whole family.

What Alice Forgot
What Alice Forgot
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It was Ok, September 3, 2015
This review is from: What Alice Forgot (Kindle Edition)
Clearly what Alice forgot was how to get to the blasted point! The idea behind this book was great and I was looking forward to it. However, much of the early part of the book was tedious and confusing with the way it was separated - at least on the kindle version. It always took a minute, to decipher who was speaking. I didn't care for current day Nick or Alice. They were both shrill and kind of awful. I guess if I was supposed to identify with Alice lots of the frustrating bits would be what one can imagine would be frustrating to the one who had lost memories. By the time I was 86% into the book, I just powered through to get to the resolution. Meh, it was ok. Not at all doled out the way I like but a satisfying end

Worth the Wait (St. James Book 1)
Worth the Wait (St. James Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Swoonish Summer Read, August 17, 2015
This was the perfect summer read. It was gripping and angst filled, plus it was a quick read. I enjoyed the way the story unfolded and who doesn't love being desired and wanted which this book has in spades. Without going into too much detail, this story had lots of great heart thumping/swelling moments that made you keep turning the pages.

Where'd You Go, Bernadette: A Novel
Where'd You Go, Bernadette: A Novel
Offered by Hachette Book Group

3.0 out of 5 stars Sigh.... Bernadette, August 17, 2015
This book made my head hurt. I don't even know where to start. I couldn't tell who was narrating at first and then I realized that EVERYBODY was pretty much narrating. I did NOT appreciate this very much. Once the story got going, I was engrossed, but there were always parts that made me want to jump into the book and make these characters SPIT. IT. OUT! If everyone would just say what they needed to say would be a lot easier. Obviously, this wouldn't make a long book this way, but still. Then with the end, there wasn't enough wrap up for me. How was everything resolved? What else happened? Everything was SO open ended I was not loving that. I'd recommend this book, because it was different and creative, but it wasn't my favorite.

The Good Girl
The Good Girl
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Summer Read/Beach Read, August 9, 2015
This review is from: The Good Girl (Kindle Edition)
I don't know exactly what to think about this book. It's got good pacing, short chapters, multiple points of view, good narration, and a good story. I don't like how it ended and not for reasons people might think. The ending actually makes me feel a bit like a victim or like I've been hoodwinked. But everything before that is great. I liked the slow build in the different stories and I liked how the characters (most anyway) were fleshed out more as the story continued. I do think the judge was a little too one-note for me but overall this was a good story. I got the emotion and that's always the sign of a good story.

Falling Into You (The Falling Series Book 1)
Falling Into You (The Falling Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Prepare Yourself for the Emotion, July 3, 2015
This book was emotionally difficult. Even going in knowing what would happen early on, it was gut wrenching. The author has a huge talent for expressing the raw feeling behind emotion either from personal experience or a keen sense of observation. Rarely do books make me cry actual tears so this was interesting. But for as gentle and delicate as those passages were, there were also some very aggressive, explicit sex scenes. If you blush easily this is potentially the book for you. I really enjoyed the read and while some bits were a little too convenient, that is what fiction is about and it worked for me. I do wish I could have envisioned Colton better - I didn't really grasp who I could cast as him in a movie.

The Last Anniversary
The Last Anniversary
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Different Fiction Book...., June 28, 2015
I didn't know how this book was going to go. It had a rom/com solid start but then it sort of veered off the beaten path. It kind of went towards a family drama. I still really enjoyed it, but I kind of feel like they left us hanging on several bits. There wasn't resolution for several pieces of the puzzle - at least not concrete resolution - and I think there were opportunities to do a little more with Grace's issue and with Sophie's life. Still, great summer read or gloomy weather read.

One Plus One: A Novel
One Plus One: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Summer Read, June 28, 2015
I wasn't sure about this book when it started, there was a lot going on and too many different names and emotions to try and keep track of. Once we got through the exposition and slight foreshadowing thought the story picked up quite nicely. It was a delightful read full of sweet moments, emotional tugging, and a decent ending. I can see this becoming a movie quite easily. I felt like the characters were well flushed out and even though some bits were resolved a little too easily I gladly accept it with the rest of this story. In the end, I kind of really enjoyed this book.

Death Runs Adrift (The Gray Whale Inn Mysteries Book 6)
Death Runs Adrift (The Gray Whale Inn Mysteries Book 6)

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, Editor Needed, More Focus Requested, May 1, 2015
Sigh.... I don't know what happened with this series. The first few were light, charming little stories. Unfortunately, the last two have been a hot mess of poor editing, tired storylines, and generally un-interesting plots/resolutions. I don't say this to be mean, I just was really hoping for more from the author. This story picks up a little after the last book ended but the same tired "triggers" appear in this one. Smuggler's Cove AGAIN plays heavily into the plot, Natalie AGAIN brazenly sticks her nose into police matters with little to NO regard to her fiance or the due process of the law. It might be cute one time, but enough is enough. EVERY book can't be an issue regarding the EXACT same things. From the beginning you knew what this story would lead to and where it was going. I like to be entertained and surprised by my books - and trust me, I really don't try to figure out "whodunit" before the end. I like to see all the evidence before me and have the narrator tell me what happened. Half way through the book I knew what the deal was. I think Mrs. MacInerney is a talented, funny woman. Perhaps multiple series is taking its toll or perhaps the Gray Whale Inn series has reached its logical conclusion, either way, I'll give one more book a chance and then I'm out if there's not improvement. I will also echo what others have said, the lack of quality editing takes the reader completely out of the story. The mix up with days/times and characters/their actions is COMPLETELY distracting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12