Profile for James Buckley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

James Buckley "JB" RSS Feed (Boston, MA USA)

Liberation Square: Inside the Egyptian Revolution and the Rebirth of a Nation
Liberation Square: Inside the Egyptian Revolution and the Rebirth of a Nation
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very inaccurate and at some points dishonest, May 7, 2012
I found a lot of inaccurate accounts of what happened in Tahrir in this book. Mr. Khalil either was not there or just wrote from what he heard. A lot of his accounts go against all witnesses interviewed either live or in the media. Also some of the claims are straight wrong. The problem is that journalists sometimes rush to publish without authenticating the data or waiting to verify information. If you are familiar with what happened in Tahrir you will be able to spot the issues but if you are not, I would not buy this book and look for other historically authentic book written by someone who was actually there.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2012 5:31 AM PDT

Jockey Men's T-Shirts Staycool Crew Neck T-Shirt - 2 Pack
Jockey Men's T-Shirts Staycool Crew Neck T-Shirt - 2 Pack
Price: $27.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money, February 4, 2012
I have over 9 undershirt brands and I have tried them for years. My body temperature is usually hotter than normal so I like to stay cool. I finally found those in a local store and they promised to keep your body warmer 2-3 degrees. That sounded cool. Even though they were expensive at $27 MSRP for 2 shirts (not 3 as usual). So I decided to give them a try. I did and they failed miserably. FIrst they did not keep my body cooler at all. I have tried them in different settings (sleeping, gym, running, walking around, just around home). I find them just normal undershirts. My body feels the same in them or in other undershirts from nautica, Polo Ralph lauren..etc. Other than that the material is not pure cotton so it is not very comfortable so that adds to the problem. I would not waste my money on these. They are not what they promise at all. May be just a way for Jockey to make more money on the big old men undershirts.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2012 2:51 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Keratin hair treatment is good. BUT this product is the worst., January 2, 2011
Keratin came into light as a treatment for hair recently from Brazil. It is a great treatment if it is done right. Unfortunately this Coppola version is extremely bad for your hair in the long term. Your hair could fall out. irritation and dandruff may develop. besides the effect on smoothing the hair is not that much.
I tried this product. it doesnt work. really bad. my hair is falling out. I would advice against it.
Even if you do this treatment at a salon, it will give you a good hair for a few days but that's about it. you will face the scariest consequences (falling hair, dry scalp, itchiness, irritation- that is from this treatment).

The Brazilians have the right formula. Unfortunately this replica was not done right. So my advice is to stay away or go with the brazilian. otherwise you are wasting your money, time and most importantly, HAIR!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2012 3:11 PM PDT

1.0 out of 5 stars worst treatment you could think of, December 23, 2010
Coppola is known for stealing people's ideas and marketing it in the US. This is how they stole the keratin treatment from Brazil to market it here. Well guess what? they screwed the formulation. So all you get is your standard useless hair treatment. Doesnt do much to your hair except a little bit. For the really frizzy curly hair: nothing.. Nada.. not a chance. A friend of mine tried this and her hair started falling. She developed dandruff and irritation. Short term (weel or 2) its fine then problems start.
Save your money and your hair.
Get the real Brazilian treatment and enjoy the beautiful frizz-free hair you always wanted.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2012 10:50 AM PST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars keratin treatment for hair is good. this product is bad., December 23, 2010

Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2012 5:42 PM PDT

Brother HL-6050DN Network Laser Printer
Brother HL-6050DN Network Laser Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Med-size Laser Printer out there as of 3/20/07, March 14, 2007
This is the best Med-size Laser printer in the market. I was a big Hp fan. I own a small business and had the opportunity to try almost all med-size laser printers out there. This is by far the best printer ever. The quality o the product is amazing and the built is wonderful. I set it up in less than 10 minutes and was connected to the network in less than 15 min. The toner life is amazing and the speed is ipressive. This is by far the best med-size laser printer I've seen. Do not buy HP anymore. They lost their edge with bad quality printers released lately.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2012 9:50 AM PDT

Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Portable GPS Navigator
Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Portable GPS Navigator
4 used & new from $79.00

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST PRODUCT OUT THERE, October 20, 2005
I really have no idea what the complaints are all about. I bought the Garmin 2720 few days ago and took it for a test drive on trips in Boston, New York and in between and this product is the BEST. Absolutely perfect. I think the bad reviews above are either from biased individuals or from some refurbished defective products. I bought mine online from Amazon. It arrived in 2 days. I set it up and starting using it in less than 30 minutes (yes this is how easy it is). in 1-2 hours I knew almost all the options. I took for multiple drives around the HARD-TO-GET-AROUND areas in boston and it performed marvelously. The screen is amazing, the remote control is fantastic. the voice is AMAZING and VERY clear. This is the BEST GPS for autos out there (I say this after trying magellan 760, Tom$tom, and lawrence). The maps are fantastic, the product is 100% great.

I am 10000% satisfied.