Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for T. J. Daugherty > Reviews

Browse

T. J. Daugherty's Profile

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. J. Daugherty RSS Feed (Tempe, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pillow Perfect Squared Corners Chair Cushion with Sunbrella Spectrum Peacock Fabric
Price: $89.12
6 used & new from $79.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Look Nice, but Questionable Construction., June 19, 2016
To be fair I really like the way these cushions look and they are certainly comfortable - that isn't insignificant. However, one of the corner ties broke off while assembling on the the chair. I inspected the others (I ordered 4) and the attachments look fairly weak to me...including the quality of the stitching and how it's connected. For $100 each these should be a lot more durable - especially as outside furnishings. Dropping to 1 star if another tie-off breaks. Will adjust up to four stars if it was just a fluke and the rest of the ties hold.

Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System, Black
Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System, Black
Offered by OriginElectronics
Price: Click here to see our price
217 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Product and Reasonable Value (A Few Recommendations), February 24, 2016
After looking at a few options for the Keurig machines I just couldn't get my hands around the 2.0 system, which apparently doesn't let you use your own ground coffee. So I went with this (presumably) older model that still has this feature (assuming you have the adaptor/filter piece). My previous Keurig lasted about 5 years, which seems to be the norm for these. It's a disposable product world we live in, but I wish we could get more miles out of them before they crash. Not just to save money, but to help conserve resources and be a little more environmentally friendly - especially for a product dubious on that front to begin with (single serving disposable coffee pods). That said, and for what this is, I don't have many complaints. One suggestion is greater control over the output size. The biggest of the three options is still considerably smaller than a number of my coffee cups - so much so I can run the Large and Small on the same pod to fill one of my larger cups. This feels suspiciously like they are trying to get me to use more pods (and the 2.0 confirms this). I'd also pay more for a version that looks like my Nespresso machine - higher grade materials, brushed stainless, etc. These are suggestions more than criticism though, so all things considered I'd say this is a reasonable value.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2016 8:37 AM PST

QuickBooks 2014 All-in-One For Dummies
QuickBooks 2014 All-in-One For Dummies
Price: $18.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Introduction to QB and Accounting Basics., September 18, 2015
There isn't a whole lot to say about the Dummies series, so I would just add that this is very effective for what it is. I needed a basic introduction to QuickBooks but also some general accounting practices and this served that purpose.

If I had a quibble, it's calling it an "8 Books in 1" and then charging north of $18 for a kindle version. Really?

Native Eyewear Hardtop XP Sunglasses, Asphalt with Blue Reflex Gray Lens
Native Eyewear Hardtop XP Sunglasses, Asphalt with Blue Reflex Gray Lens

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT as advertised, July 5, 2014
These are generally fine sunglasses other than the fact they are not advertised correctly. What I ordered was the blue lenses, and I received brown/copper.....then it also says it comes with three lenses, but only comes with two. Really sloppy on Amazon and Native's part and hard to believe. Not sure who is more to blame, but as an Amazon Prime product they own at least half the responsibility.

Altura Photo Professional Cleaning Kit for DSLR Cameras and Sensitive Electronics Bundle with 4oz Purosol Natural Lens Cleaner
Offered by Digital Goja
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As Described and Good Value, February 2, 2014
For the price you really can't go wrong with this kit. I've used most of the pieces now to clean my DSLR and set of lenses with no issues.

SPIGEN SGP iPhone 4 / 4S Case Linear EX Meteor Series [Lime]
SPIGEN SGP iPhone 4 / 4S Case Linear EX Meteor Series [Lime]

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, cheap quality, and a bit expensive., July 7, 2013
I'm not sure these are still in circulation, but I purchased one for myself and one for my wife. Mine broke after about 6 months of use. They look slick aesthetically - and have a nice Apple vibe to them - until you look closer. I'm afraid they are cheaply made and the connection does not allow for frequent removal or changing.

Yet another third party product for Apple devices that fails to meet the quality standards of Apple (yet wants to charge as much).

Chums Waterproof Camera Float
Chums Waterproof Camera Float
Price: Click here to see our price
62 used & new from $4.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Concept, Poor Construction, July 7, 2013
The entire purpose of this device is to secure your camera in water situations - for the obvious reason you don't want to lose your camera. Problem is the connection between the camera and the floatation element (bright yellow piece) is very weak. This weakness hits at two points; the plastic connection, and the string tying the camera to the floatation. With very little use the string has unraveled and I've now reinforced with heavy duty fishing line. I was able to patch this together in the field and will probably be able to devise something sturdier after a trip to the hardware store. But why should I have to?

I wish Chums would have charged $5 more and constructed this properly.

SanDisk Standard - Flash memory card - 32 GB - Class 4  - SDHC Retail Package
SanDisk Standard - Flash memory card - 32 GB - Class 4 - SDHC Retail Package
Offered by CWP Online
Price: $11.99
51 used & new from $3.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Value Flash Memory Card, July 7, 2013
I've not doubt there are better memory cards on the market, but at this price it's a pretty good value.

I use Extreme Pro's in my DSLR camera, but that isn't why I bought this card. I'm using it in an outdoor trail camera for fun and trivia. Performance and speed not an objective. I've had this one out all night, in hot weather, and rain and it is still working. For roughly $20 it is doing what I expected - so although I don't really Love It; I can't fault it on the star ranking.

Dropcam Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera
Dropcam Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera
Offered by GadgetsGadgetsGadgets!!!
Price: $210.95
37 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought one a month ago..., July 7, 2013
..and I liked it so much I've ordered a second.

First I'd start with the quality of materials and ease of set up. This is a very well constructed little device - obviously made with quality materials and the brushed aluminun aesthetic you see with a lot of Apple products. It has some heft to it and is most definitely not a plastic-y feeling piece of equipment. Equally impressive is the setup - which is effectively plug n' play. You need one of the available APP's and/or Website access to view your video.

We're using these to monitor our house and pets while on vacation. Our first experiment helped us discover which dog was getting up on the couch as soon as we left - although we were suspicious it was nice to see evidence. While many states away we were able to go on the website or open the App on our phones/tablets and just check in on the house and pets.

We have not utilized the recording service or DVR at this point, so can't speak to its effectiveness.

Canon RS-80N3 Remote Switch for EOS-1V/1VHS, EOS-3, EOS-D2000, D30, D60, 1D, 1Ds, EOS-1D Mark II,III, EOS-1Ds Mark II,III, EOS-10D, 20D, 30D,40D, 50D, 5D
Price: $46.95
37 used & new from $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It Performs as Expected, July 7, 2013
This is a nifty little device for landscape photography, long exposures, HDR, etc. As the case with most Canon products there's an expectation it will work, and obviously be compatable with your Canon camera....and on those terms it succeeds.

I don't have much negative to say about this remote switch, other than it does feel a little plastic-y and not particularly durable. At the price point it isn't completely unreasonable, and in fact may lend itself towards being a lighter product. If I can get 5+ years out of it that'll be fine.

Whether you get the official Canon product or a knockoff I can't really say, but I would definitely recommend having one of these in your camera bag.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4