Profile for SilverFlash > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SilverFlash RSS Feed (Covington, GA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
The Courageous Exploits of DR. SYN (DOCTOR SYN Book 4)
The Courageous Exploits of DR. SYN (DOCTOR SYN Book 4)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, the missing book from kindle "The Complete Collection of Dr. Syn", August 13, 2014
I am a huge fan of Russell Thorndike's Scarecrow / Dr. Syn series. I read the books as part of a kindle book collection titled "The Complete Collection of Dr. Syn". It seems that collection is no longer available, but ALL the books are now available for kindle separately. I stress the ALL because, despite the "Complete Collection" in the title, this book, "The Courageous Exploits of Dr. Syn", was not included in the collection. I was able to find a PDF version on the web, but I am glad to now have a proper kindle version.

If you are reading this review, then you probably already have some knowledge about Dr. Syn beyond the Disney film; however, if the Disney version is all you know, I highly recommend the books if you enjoy swashbuckling adventure. Dr. Syn is a much more complex character than shown in the movie. I would recommend that you start your reading with "Doctor Syn on the High Seas". That book is chronologically the beginning of the series, although "Doctor Syn: A Tale of the Romney Marsh" which was published 20 years earlier, is actually the end of the series.

Magic 2014
Magic 2014
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It is great to have Magic the Gathering on my Kindle, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Magic 2014 (App)
I have played MtG for years, both as physical cards and on the PC. The app version is great and it is a lot of fun to test my skill against the various theme decks in the campaign. I also love the single player sealed deck games.

Close-up Pad - 12 X 17 - Black - Perfect for Your Magic Performances!
Close-up Pad - 12 X 17 - Black - Perfect for Your Magic Performances!
Offered by Juvolicious
Price: $11.96
11 used & new from $8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy with this low cost close-up pad for card tricks, January 18, 2013
I am a rank amateur when it comes to card tricks and manipulation, but I soon became aware that a slick desktop surface wasn't going to work for card spreads. I looked at several of the pads offered on Amazon and saw a wide range of sizes, colors, and prices. This pad seemed to be just the size and color I wanted. And it definitely had the best price at under $11 with free shipping, but some of the reviews gave it a low rating and that, of course, worried me. I finally decided that at this price point I had little to lose, so I placed my order. It arrived quickly and I am very happy with my purchase. Now don't get me wrong, this product isn't going to change anyone's life. It is just a really good close-up pad for the price and deserves a higher average rating than it has so it gets a fair look from shoppers. It's like a supersized mouse pad, but with a little more give so you can get your fingers under the cards, about 3/8 of an inch thick, and has a nicely textured surface. I give it 5 stars for what it is.

Since this product falls in the toy category, Amazon wants me to give it star ratings for fun and educational value. So, yeah, if I have my cards and my pad, I guess I'm having fun. The pad alone, not so much. Educational value? Again, by itself, not a chance, but if it helps me learn a trick or flourish, sure, I'll say it's educational, why not?

Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem in Non-Retail Packaging (Brown Box)
Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem in Non-Retail Packaging (Brown Box)
Offered by LontraPop Communications
Price: $68.99
29 used & new from $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the real deal. Don't worry about this being the brown box non-retail version, July 5, 2012
Motorola SB6121 Cable Modem Arrived fast and as advertised from Ostell. Don't worry about this being the brown box non-retail version. This is the real deal, just like you would get at your local Mega-Store except for the packaging. I self installed with Charter. Works great!

ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5 128-bit 1 GB Video Card
ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5 128-bit 1 GB Video Card
3 used & new from $197.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for HP Pavilion a6720f graphics upgrade, July 5, 2012
This is the first graphics card I have ever installed and I am very happy with the results. I have an HP Pavilion a6720f PC with built in Nvidia GeForce 9100 graphics that I have always found to be slow for game playing. I am including this information for the benefit of any other HP a6720f owners who might be seeking information about upgrading. My 5-star rating is based on the price/performance and suitability to my hardware and requirements.

I had thought about attempting a graphics card upgrade for a couple of years, but I did not want to put in the time to research how-to or what card until my children were unable to play Minecraft (I looked at the blocky Minecraft graphics and thought "It won't even run this? You've got to be kidding me!!)

This card fit my needs. I did not have to upgrade the a6720f's 300 watt power supply to use this card. The Card fit into the available slot without issue. It runs cool (I'm not trying to over-clock or mess with the settings - I'm just running the defaults.) My Windows Performance Index went from 4.1 to 5.9 for graphics, 4.5 to 5.9 for gaming graphics, and 4.1 to 5.8 for the base score. This may not be good enough for hard-core gamers, but it runs Minecraft just great for the kids. I have also seen an improvement with Corel Painter 12, which was always usable for me, and I tested two old games that I had given up on: Transformers War for Cybertron and Star Wars the Clone Wars Republic Heroes, both of which were completely unusable, and now are playing great on my 1920 x 1080 23" widescreen monitor.

The install was quick and easy. Check out YouTube and the HP site for some useful how-to videos and documentation. Note, during the install the screen went blank. I just left the PC alone for about 15 minutes thinking it would complete some install processing, but I finally ended up just powering it down. When I started it back up everything was fine. I had to adjust the resolution, but then I was good to go.

Medialink Wireless-N USB Adapter - 802.11n, 2.4 ghz - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP (150 Mbps)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on my Vista 64-bit HP, July 5, 2012
My Medialink Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter works great. I am using it with an HP PC (replacing the built-in wireless G) with a Vista 64-bit OS and running Norton 360. I experienced no problems with the install and did not have to make any changes to my Norton settings. My wireless network is made up of a Cisco Linksys EA3500 router and a Diamond WR300N Wireless Range Extender. My internet provider is Charter and I use a Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. I have been using this system for a month and I have found it to be very stable and a big improvement over AT&T DSL.

Also, props to Mediabridge. This is not the first product I have purchased from them and all have been first rate.

Samsung OEM 1.0A Travel USB Wall Charger with Detachable Micro USB Data/Charge Cable - Bulk Packaging
Offered by VaioLab USA
Price: $9.98
12 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for Sprint HTC Evo 4g, too, May 11, 2012
My Samsung OEM 1.0A Travel Charger with detachable Micro Cable was sold by One Stop Cell Shop and works great with my wife's Samsung Galaxy S II (T-Mobile), and my Sprint HTC Evo 4g, too. It came with a high quality six foot long Micro USB cable.

C&E USB to Micro-USB Cable - 6 Ft
C&E USB to Micro-USB Cable - 6 Ft
Offered by eForce Electronics
Price: $3.95
43 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchased from ACC Stop;does not work with my Sprint HTC Evo 4G, May 11, 2012
My USB to Micro-USB Cable - 6 Ft. was purchased from ACC Stop in November of 2011. It does not work with my Sprint HTC Evo 4G. The Micro-USB B plug doesn't seem to fit quite right. The phone will indicate that it is charging, but the cable will slowly drain the battery.

Ear Force X31 Digital RF Wireless Game Audio + Xbox Live Chat
Ear Force X31 Digital RF Wireless Game Audio + Xbox Live Chat
Offered by HotDealsForYou
Price: $96.98
32 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with Ear Force X31!!, February 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have had these for more than two weeks and I got them for $59.99. The Ear Force X32 is out now, so I wouldn't pay the $99.95 MSRP, but at the price I paid, I'm very happy. I have the wireless transmitter connected to the RCA audio outs on my TV, so I can switch off the TV's speakers and play, or just watch TV, without disturbing others. The battery life is as advertised, rechargeables are a good investment.

Just in case it helps anyone else, it took me a few attempts to adjust the other players' chat volume so that it wouldn't distort. I set the XBOX chat volume to half and turned down the volume control on the X31 wireless transmitter to less than half. I sit about 5 feet away from the transmitter. Everything sounds great now: no distortion, comfortable chat volume, great game sound. And it really does help my game play, especially locating incoming helicopters and vehicles (especially that pesky UAV in Battlefield Bad Company 2).

Star Wars Darth Vader Clock Radio
Star Wars Darth Vader Clock Radio

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than junk!!, August 10, 2011
This Darth Vader alarm clock is a truly awful product. My son loves Star Wars and he needed an alarm clock. I bought this despite the negative reviews. I mean really, digital clock technology has been around for what? thirty years? How could they screw that up? Well they did. The alarm comes on at odd times and for no reason. And once it is on, you have to pull the plug to shut it off. It will come on even if you don't have the alarm switched on, so you can't even leave it plugged in to use for the time or (also pathetic) radio function. Do not buy at any price - zero stars.

Page: 1 | 2