Profile for J. M. M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 612

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. M. M. RSS Feed (Baltimore, MD)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Abyss Above Us Book 2: A Horror Novel
The Abyss Above Us Book 2: A Horror Novel
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, great ideas and a very cool story, November 30, 2014
Very good book, great ideas and a very cool story, great conclusion to the first book. My only complaint is that it needs editing. Spelling was fine, but grammar still needs work. I can't stand sentence fragments, especially when they aren't being used to set a tone or mimic the way a person speaks. The use of commas was odd and incorrect and there were weird word substitutions, which I'm never sure if that's the author or some part of the Kindle-making process. For example, (I can't remember if it's the 1st or 2nd book where this occurred) but the author writes of using a computer query, but the book said "quarry", which makes no sense. THIS book, the second of two was much better than the first book.

I felt like the author did skip a few key characters in terms of the follow up. I'm thinking of Alex and his wife. I grew to like them in the first book, so I wanted to know if they were OK or not.

The Abyss Above Us Book 1: A Horror Novel
The Abyss Above Us Book 1: A Horror Novel
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...., November 30, 2014
Very good book, great ideas and a very cool story. My only complaint is that it needs editing. Spelling was fine, but grammar was not good. I can't stand sentence fragments, especially when they aren't being used to set a tone or mimic the way a person speaks. The use of commas was odd and incorrect and there were weird word substitutions, which I'm never sure if that's the author or some part of the Kindle-making process. For example, (I can't remember if it's the 1st or 2nd book where this occurred) but the author writes of using a computer query, but the book said "quarry", which makes no sense. THIS book, the first of two was much worse than the second book, but not so much that I couldn't finish it. (That happens occasionally!)

I really did like the book A LOT, but reading it was awkward with a lot of stops and starts because I had to try and figure out what the author meant. I know lots of people can skim right over stuff like that, but I can't and I know others who can't either, so I mention it. It's worth a read as a free book, but I wouldn't pay for this level of errors.

The Man On Table Ten - A Mysterious Science Fiction Tale
The Man On Table Ten - A Mysterious Science Fiction Tale
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This is my new favorite author, but this was a bit of a ..., October 22, 2014
This is my new favorite author, but this was a bit of a let down for me. It was a great concept (as always), great writing (as always), and I was hooked (as always!). But there really wasn't an ending. I think the author could have taken this a bit further, maybe even a full book or serial book. I usually like a little mystery and this author always leaves a few things to the imagination (the perfect amount usually!). But this was ended too soon I think.

Maxell Watch Battery Button Cell SR626SW SR-626SW 377 Pack of 5 Batteries
Maxell Watch Battery Button Cell SR626SW SR-626SW 377 Pack of 5 Batteries
Offered by MYBATTERYSUPPLIER
Price: $2.90
22 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed. Appreciate the pack of 5 ..., October 22, 2014
Exactly what I needed. Appreciate the pack of 5, since I had a collection of watches to replace the batteries on! All the batteries worked and are still working months later.

Weanas® 5pcs Solar Power LED Tea Light Tealight Candles Yellow with Cup Flickering Flameless Waterproof for Outdoor Camping Emergency Indoor Party Decoration
Offered by Huzala
Price: $55.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned them. They all worked on day one. ..., October 22, 2014
Returned them. They all worked on day one. By day two, only 2 worked and they were working VERY poorly and weak. I moved them to a full sun, all day window and tried a third night and again, only 2 worked poorly. Weak light, died within 2 hours.

Fall Leaf Clings Party Accessory (1 count) (10/Sh)
Fall Leaf Clings Party Accessory (1 count) (10/Sh)
Price: $2.76
11 used & new from $1.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and festive. Bought them to keep the birds ..., October 22, 2014
Cute and festive. Bought them to keep the birds from hitting the window. I just ordered a second sheet because I think I still need more window coverage.

Fancy-fix Non-adhesive Vinyl Dandelion Window Decal
Fancy-fix Non-adhesive Vinyl Dandelion Window Decal
Offered by fancy-fix
Price: $6.58

2.0 out of 5 stars I had no issues with image transfer like other reviewers mentioned, October 22, 2014
These are OK. They aren't nearly as big as shown. The tallest one wasn't even 12 inches tall. They are cute and I found some place to use them, but I couldn't use them where I wanted to. I had no issues with image transfer like other reviewers mentioned.

Martha Stewart Crafts Flying Bat Gel Clings
Martha Stewart Crafts Flying Bat Gel Clings
Offered by kasey626
Price: $3.00
3 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, October 22, 2014
Was nervous the gel clings would be too heavy to stay up and then one of the animals would eat one or something. Does NOT seem to be the case. They are stuck really well on there, but no residue can be seen. Very happy!

Keysocks Women's Standard Original No Show Sock One Size Fits Most Black
Keysocks Women's Standard Original No Show Sock One Size Fits Most Black

5.0 out of 5 stars where it's super obvious. Not really "blending" with my black pants ..., October 22, 2014
These things are genius. They only work with half of my shoes, honestly, because of the way some of my shoes are cut. But some people might be OK with a little of the sock poking out. I'm not. I want it to be completely hidden, and it is.

My only compliant is that their logo is bright white, behind the ankle, where it's super obvious. Not really "blending" with my black pants or black shoes there.

Unique Silver Glitter Snowflakes Window Decals
Unique Silver Glitter Snowflakes Window Decals
Offered by Bigsavings
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, seem to be as well made as other ..., October 22, 2014
SO cute. Very pretty, seem to be as well made as other clings I've bought. The glitter makes the snowflakes sparkle and I think they look much better than the more cartoon-ish styled ones. Very happy. Just bought a second sheet!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20