Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Decatur, Ga.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Portta 100HC Mini HDMI to 3RCA Composite AV Converter for TV/PC/PS3/Blue-ray DVD1080P,White / Black
Price: $13.50
24 used & new from $8.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Picture quality is terrible. Grainy and color loss, January 6, 2015
Picture quality is terrible. Grainy and color loss. I consider it a waste of time and money. Works but unusable.

Native Guard (enhanced audio edition): Poems
Native Guard (enhanced audio edition): Poems
Offered by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Price: $8.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you Amazon!, October 17, 2014
I love the book but am very disappointed in Amazon. The included audio will not play with their app on my Android phone, tablet or PC. Android app gives a message that the audio is not supported on my device and the PC version doesn't say anything just doesn't play. I purchased it with the app but there was no indications that the audio was not supported.

Jensen JTA-460 3-Speed Stereo Turntable with MP3 Encoding System and AM/FM Stereo Radio (Black)
Price: $77.99
154 used & new from $48.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, just not very well., September 4, 2014
I bought this turntable for the convenience of not having to connect it to my pc but that is exactly what I have to do. The recording level is so low even with the volume turned to maximum I have to load the files into sound editing software to amplify it. I was also disappointed that the encoder doesn't stop automatically with the turntable so I connect the headphone output to my pc which I didn't want to do and use a shell script to record for a given number of minutes at the correct level and convert to MP3. I understand this is an inexpensive turntable but it's not a very good one either. It's very prone to skipping. When it's time to replace it I will definitely spend a little more.

Opteka BD-100 12-Inch Beauty Dish / 10-Inch Snoot Professional Studio Portrait Kit for Speedlight Flashes
Offered by 47th Street Photo
Price: $69.95
4 used & new from $54.59

4.0 out of 5 stars So far It looks pretty good. I received all parts and figured out ..., August 23, 2014
So far It looks pretty good. I received all parts and figured out how everything went together even without instructions. The few test shots I have done have been pretty striking. The reason I only gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because switching the bracket from the snoot to the beauty dish is not very convenient. I would love to purchase a spare bracket so I could avoid this.

Lodge L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman's Charcoal Grill
Lodge L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman's Charcoal Grill
Offered by S mart Gizmos
5 used & new from $239.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific little grill, November 25, 2012
Terrific little grill for anything that needs a hot sear like steaks, burgers or yakatori. Cooked burgers, steaks, sausage and chicken kabobs. Heat it up, hit it with a wire brush and wipe it with peanut oil just before putting the food on and it's completely non stick. Uses less charcoal than any of my other grills and holds heat for nearly an hour. It is best for anything you would grill over direct heat.
The one weakness is there is no provision for grease runoff. I recommend placing it on a sheet of foil or a baking sheet to control the mess.

Lodge Grill Press Round Seasoned Cast Iron Grill Press - Lgpr3
Lodge Grill Press Round Seasoned Cast Iron Grill Press - Lgpr3

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crispy bacon!, July 9, 2012
I liked this press so much I bought two. I have one at home and one at the cabin. I had never used one before but just put the bacon in your favorite cast iron skillet, place the press on top and cook on medium heat. No more curling up, very little splatter and the crispiest bacon you ever ate!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, February 20, 2012
I see another reviewer had a failure after 3 months. I have not had mine very long but so far it has performed well. I use it only as an input for recording but the sound quality is great.

ASUS (USB-N13) Wireless-N USB Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Up to 300Mbps Wireless Data Rates
Price: $15.26
81 used & new from $9.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work in N mode under Linux, February 16, 2012
I purchased this to replace the my old but functional 802.11b/g usb adapter to get the faster 802.11n speed but it will only work at the slower g speed. It was a waste of my money.

GMYLE(TM) Ultra Compact Mini USB 2.0 Wireless N 802.11n/g WiFi Newtork Dongle Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works!, October 12, 2011
I ordered this usb wifi dongle several months ago mainly for the price. I just connected it for the first time today after my latest Linux kernel upgrade from Ubuntu broke the rt73usb driver that my old wifi card used. I plugged it in and before compiling the drivers that came with it decided just to try it and not only does it work right out of the package, it blows away my old wifi card. I am running it under Ubuntu 10.10
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2012 10:15 AM PST

Hauppauge 1191 WinTV-HVR-955Q USB TV Tuner For Notebook
Hauppauge 1191 WinTV-HVR-955Q USB TV Tuner For Notebook
Price: $71.99
20 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tuner and works with Linux too, April 22, 2011
I guess I have had this for about a year. Haven't used it much until the recent death of two tvs. I have never tried it with windoze but in both Ubuntu and Debian linux it works great as long as you have kernel version 2.6.30 or higher. It is far more sensitive than either the converter boxes or digital ready tvs I have used. With those, I was always having to get up and adjust the antenna especially after changing channels and if there was even a slight breeze I would loose my signal altogether but with the hvr950 I not only get all my channels with the antenna in one place but I'm pulling in more stations.
I have found out you need a fast processor for hd. I tried it with an Intel Atom, (about 1.6 ghz I think) and while it would play most sd stations fine it was too slow for hd. On my amd athlon 64 x2 it never misses. I think the company recommends 2.3 ghz or higher.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2015 12:55 PM PDT