Profile for dan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dan "rock n roll" RSS Feed (md)

Page: 1 | 2
Armitron Men's 201143 Round Easy to Read Black Dial Two-Tone Expansion Band Watch
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.19

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all I will ever want., November 13, 2013
I was given the exact same model of this watch for my 25th anniversary at my job with a county government. I loved the watch it having all the features I wanted. I am small boned for a male but this watch fits me perfectly--no looseness or stretching. Why did I purchase another? My watch was lost. It was still keeping correct time (adjustments for daylight savings time required).
I had not thought it was possible to get the exact same watch and purchased 2 that did not work out at all. So I got on amazon, searched the armitron watches and got me a new one.
I've neither the money nor the yen for a rolex etc. $42.00 and a watch that I don't worry about theft is perfect for me.

HP 564XL Black 564 Color Ink Cartridges Combo Pack (HP 564XL Black and 564 Regular Cyan, Magenta and Yellow)
Offered by Planet Fun Toys
Price: $64.99
19 used & new from $58.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Have had no problems to date, November 12, 2013
I knew going in that a 4 color printer means higher ink usage and more things to go wrong. But I brought a hp. So I got hp ink. The hp 6520 came w/"starter cartridges", which means if you get more than 8 printed sheets out of said cartridges you did well. HP wants to sell ink. If you are buying this printer as a gift, or most any printer, be aware that the recipient will have an immediate need of $50.00 for ink cartridges. Loaded new cartridges, printer did a little dance and all is ship shape. All ink levels are full and the printer says no hassles like those mentioned in other reviews.

Twinlab Amino Fuel 1000 Body Building Amino Acids, Lean Muscle, 250 Tablets
Twinlab Amino Fuel 1000 Body Building Amino Acids, Lean Muscle, 250 Tablets
Offered by Ultimate Products+
Price: Click here to see our price
25 used & new from $16.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Size of pill, May 6, 2013
Only 3 star due to insufficient period of use. Mainly want to comment on/to the many that have problems with size of pill. My opinion is that if you can withstand the rigors of lifting, you are able to swollow a pill. Relax when you swallow and it will be much easier.

Columbia Men's Meeker Peak Short Sleeve Crew
Columbia Men's Meeker Peak Short Sleeve Crew
Price: $9.00 - $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the shirt, April 6, 2013
Columbia's brand is still going strong. Hi quality specification with Vietnames production is an unbeatable mix. Yes, we fought a war w/them, but that was a long time ago. When it comes to textiles they are king.
Like all Columbia product the feel is such that it is almost not there. I am somewhere between a medium and large, took a chance and chose medium and the fit is perfect.
I don't hand out 5* often.

The Basketball Diaries
The Basketball Diaries
DVD ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Price: $6.59
47 used & new from $3.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Most of you just have no idea, March 3, 2013
This review is from: The Basketball Diaries (DVD)
I have been fighting my addiction to alcohol for 30 years. Alcohol is a drug. This movie is about drugs. It tells you what you need to know starting out in dealing w/a person who is addicted. It is not about casting, direction, etc. Surely it paints w/a broard brush, but it does what it must: addiction and the price paid.
It depicts the slavery of addiction, don't expect glossy and glowing.

Born To Sing: No Plan B
Born To Sing: No Plan B
Price: $10.00
80 used & new from $3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars What has "Them" got to do w/it?, February 26, 2013
This review is from: Born To Sing: No Plan B (Audio CD)
Haven't gotten new one yet, but just a little quiz as to the roots of van. And perhaps an answer to his questions on new release. If the answer to the question does not occur to you, maybe "Brown Eyed Girl" rings true?

And have you ever heard Jim Morrison's take off of "Gloria"? Listen to it, it is hilarious. And no, he (Jim) did not get arrested for it. (And no, Jim and Van are not related.)

Lots of ?'s, too many never enough.

Corsair Vengeance  16GB (2x8GB)  DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
Price: $129.99
87 used & new from $123.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Put these on your favorites, January 15, 2013
This is not a review, just for info: Computers and parts have been erratic lately with wide price spreads. I am now placing things in my favorites to lock in prices when at low point, waiting for lowest or buy in cart items if prices drop no further. It is similar to locking in a loan rate on a home.
I just brought these at $73.74 and had them in my favorites for a week. They are now $89.74. Saved $16.
UPDATE: The higher profile of the corsair made them (2x8) easier to install. I now humbly admit that it has been about 4 years since my last dimm installation. I vaguely remembered that the dimm of mixed couples must be a staggered installation (1,3:2,4) counting off from the back of the computer cpu. Since the 2,4 slots were occupied by 4 gig chips, I installed the corsair 8 GB into the open slots. No good, just a blank screen. Reversed the new/old chip installation, still blue screen. Then kept the 8 GB into the slots originally occupied by the 4 gb and then removed the 4 GB's from the installation. That worked and the computer reports 16 gb of ram on board. This appears to mean that installation of dimms must not only be of the same speed, but also all chips must be of the same capacity in GB.
Success. I now have 16 gb on board, but have no use for the original 2x4 gb chips. What I encountered was maybe exclusive to my motherboard, an AMD Jasmine (7778}. It is an HP 2378 computer, 3.6 MHz processor, 8 gb ram, on board graphics and audio chips. No speed burner.
I have no plans on future expansion since I don't want to try replacing the hard drive, which is 7200 rpm but only a 3 gb transfer rate, which I believe is the bottleneck for this computer. And since I don't play games, I really have no business putting my hands into a computer case. Cruse the web, buy on amazon, play dvd's checked out of the library.... I am 60 and so totally boring.
Flog me at will, but I learn.

Samsung E2420L 24" Business LCD Monitor
Samsung E2420L 24" Business LCD Monitor
Offered by Computer Brain
Price: $176.32

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this monitor, January 13, 2013
First I will give you my computer's spec's so you can better appreciate the input to this great monitor: it has an AMD 3.6 gb processor w/on board graphics and audio, 8 gb ram. I have a dvi to dvi connection to the monitor. The on-board graphics has only 4096 kb ram on board the graphics chip but can utilize up to 4 gb of ram. Using win8. This computer is an everyday home computer--nothing special. I had an 19" Samsung led monitor that was 5 years old/with a resolution of 1400x900. Since I replaced my old computer I decided to replace my still kicking butt monitor.

THIS NEW MONITOR ROCKS! Even for a Samsung! Upon buying my new computer my old monitor 2D display had characters on the screen look like they were pasted on a background. The E2420L displays input from a DVD so crisp you can see hairs of an actor that are sticking out of place yet its blending of the input is such that the display reveals the characters and the background look natural. This is a very high HD monitor. Its height to width ratio is perfect for the later DVD ratios. Some have mistakenly thought the screen should be taller but it is the right height for the ratio provided. It has a very compact foot print that works well in a space limiting computer desk set up.
Should you have an AMD processor similar to the one on my computer, I suggest you go on-line to get the latest driver available, since I had "ant lines" that were sporadic in timing and appeared horizontally in the middle of the screen. Once I got the latest drivers for my AMD graphics, I had no more problems with such.
For about $130 and $12 shipping I would definitely advise a friend to buy one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2013 11:48 AM PDT

Logitech Touch Mouse T620 with Full Touch Surface for Windows 8 - Graphite
Logitech Touch Mouse T620 with Full Touch Surface for Windows 8 - Graphite
Offered by Audio Plaza
Price: $29.95
19 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Logitech is not what it used to be, January 7, 2013
Get a $35 MS 5000 mouse. The weight of the mouse is substantial, but it's movement is feather weight. I've win8 and it was plug and play to my satisfaction. The software is extensive and provides pages upon pages of app's changes, I took advantage of increasing the speed of scrolling slightly. For users of "Word", this is the mouse for you. Most of the changes you can make to the mouse's function are for "Word" users.
The mouse is extremely quiet, but you can hear a faint click upon use of right or left click, and a slight drag on the scrolling button when doing so.
The mouse got a little sketchy and I had to pull out the dongle and reinsert it, but it has been fine since. The dongle is 1 5/16", so it is better used for a desktop.

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000
Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000
6 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, January 7, 2013
The weight of the mouse is substantial, but it's movement is feather weight. I've win8 and it was plug and play to my satisfaction. The software is extensive and provides pages upon pages of app's changes, I took advantage of decreasing the speed of scrolling to one line of text at a time(the lowest speed of vertical scroll). For users of "Word", this is the mouse for you. Most of the changes you can make to the mouse's function are for "Word" users.
The mouse got a little sketchy and I had to pull out the dongle and reinsert it, but it has been fine since. The dongle is 1 and 5/16", so it is better used for a desktop. Use of the dongle to turn off the mouse is just a phrase since laptop users must do so, but I am comfortable with MS's estimate of an 8 month battery life with the mouse always "on".

Page: 1 | 2