Profile for RodneyPaul > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 102

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RodneyPaul "rpm" RSS Feed (Tampa, Fla)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Simmons Beautyrest Authentic Latex Foam Firm Support Standard Pillow
Simmons Beautyrest Authentic Latex Foam Firm Support Standard Pillow
Price: $42.55
5 used & new from $42.55

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a nice pillow but not as high and firm as I'd ..., December 16, 2014
This is a nice pillow but not as high and firm as I'd like. I got one of "Z by Malouf" queen size pillows a while ago at a much cheaper price than they are now and really liked but my wife stole it so I was looking for a standard size identical to that one. This pillow is significantly flatter and less supportive (ironically, like my wife).

The Last Legion
The Last Legion
DVD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd give this film 2 1/2 stars. I don't ..., December 15, 2014
I'd give this film 2 1/2 stars. I don't know the budget, but it sure looked cheaply made. It was also one of the most under-written, obvious, predictable films I have ever seen, and it had less sophistication and drama than an after-school-special. Those of you giving it high marks must surely have had very low expectations going in.

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Spirit Frypan 2pack 8-inch and 10-inch Frypans
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Spirit Frypan 2pack 8-inch and 10-inch Frypans

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed that the non-stick coating now sticks badly, November 25, 2014
I thought these pans would last for a lot longer than they did, as the non-stick is no longer non-stick after less than a year. The pans are well constructed and solid, but a non-stick pan is only as good as the coating inside so the 10 inch pan will be going in the trash as everything sticks to it now. The 8 inch is still good as I have only used it 10-12 times. The 10 inch was my most used pan and after about 9 months it has lost all of its non-stick quality.

Disappointed.

The Changeling
The Changeling
DVD ~ George C. Scott
Price: $5.36
41 used & new from $0.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Mystery and Atmosphere not Shock and Gore, October 30, 2014
This review is from: The Changeling (DVD)
I see reviews labeling this "old school". If old school means that the scares are more about mood, lighting, and sound, and less about special effects, barrels of blood and gore, and jump scares then this is old school.

I've seen this film maybe a dozen times and each new time I watch it...even though I know what happens...I still get scared. I think it has mostly to do with the overall atmosphere and sound. This is a well acted, very well made, truly scary film. Highly recommended.

It is a terrible shame that this film has not seen release in HD yet. It is nearly universally lauded, won the Canadian award for best sf/horror (its a Canadian film), and it remains somewhat obscure.

Elitech 120" Electric Screen 16:9 HDTV Format High Contrast Grey
Elitech 120" Electric Screen 16:9 HDTV Format High Contrast Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars So far I am very happy with it., September 3, 2014
I've only had this screen installed for a week, but so far I am very happy with it. For the price, I'd say it is a great deal.

My set-up:

Panasonic AX200U (bright projector with poor to average contrast)
Family room with moderate ambient light control (we watch mostly at night, but it is never totally dark in the room due to light colored walls)

My previous screen was a Favi 120" matte white electric. I would say this screen is easily twice as good for about the same cost. It was easy to install, though I'd prefer metal end/mounting caps versus the plastic on this model. If you have a sufficiently bright projector (gray screens require more brightness), this screen will give you much more "punch" than a standard white screen if you have some issues with ambient light.

One thing I don't like is that there does not appear to be an adjustment for how far down it will go when fully extended. It just extends until about 8 inches of black shows at the top. I'd have preferred it to stop a few inches short of that due to where I had my speakers installed. The Favi screen had a way to adjust this but this model does not seem to have any adjustments.

To give you an idea of how much of an improvement this screen is, I am currently re-watching many "eye-candy" films and loving it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 6:25 AM PST

FAVI 120 inch 16:9 Electric Projector Screen (105" x 60")
FAVI 120 inch 16:9 Electric Projector Screen (105" x 60")
Price: $349.99
4 used & new from $228.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked well until it came unglued from the cylinder and fell on the floor., August 17, 2014
I just had a catastrophe with this screen! I wrote to the company but I want to mention it here too since I purchased it at Amazon.

"I purchased the your 120" Electric screen via Amazon.com

on May 15, 2012. It has served me well until just today I decided to lower it a bit more so that I'd get less glare from the ceiling. Well, I turned the tool in the unit's hole to adjust how far it comes out of the housing and it came all the way out and fell on the floor!

I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and it looks like the glue holding it to the cylinder in the housing came loose. I realize I've had the unit for over two years, but would you be willing to replace this defective unit?

If not, would it be possible for me to take it apart and re-attach the screen?

I heard it fall from another room and it fell over a table so I'm not sure if the screen is damaged.

From my point of view this is a design flaw. A person should not be able to adjust it "too far" so it comes off the cylinder and falls.

Thank you for your attention to this matter."

Two years is probably too long for Favi to replace it, but at least I tried.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2014 1:25 PM PDT

Daily Newspaper Crossword Puzzles Ad-Free
Daily Newspaper Crossword Puzzles Ad-Free
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ergonomic, July 11, 2014
At least on my 10" tablet and with my big fingers I found the things you need to tap far too small and bunched together. I did not like this interface and much prefer another crossword app I found better.

One of the Best Solar Lights with 53 LED s That Produce a Warm White, Bright Light at 250 Lumens with Sensitive Motion Sensor to Use As a Solar Security, Wall, Path, Patio, Deck, Post, Landscape, Outdoor, Light Around Your Home and or Garden
Offered by Pick a Package
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but much better than the rest., July 8, 2014
I have purchased several different solar lights for use along an exterior fence, and this light is the only one that even approaches the quality and brightness of a wired lighting source. The light stays on significantly longer than any other solar light I've tried.

My only complaint is that the dim state that it stays in until it senses motion is a bit too dim. I'd love it if it just stayed on brighter instead of motion activated brighter mode.

I guess another complaint would be how expensive the unit is, but in this case you do get what you pay for. I'd like to line my fence with these (it would take a dozen or so) but that would get very expensive.

LOFTEK® 50W Waterproof Outdoor Security LED Flood Light Spotlight High Powered RGB Color Change(16 Different Color Tones) with Plug and Remote Control AC85V-265V ,with 1 meter power plug. 950WFL
Offered by LOFTEK Direct
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $43.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The lights are great, the remotes are awful., May 19, 2014
I bought 4 of these a while back to use as outdoor holiday lights. Only 2 of the 4 remotes worked when new and now that they are a few months old none of the remotes work. So I am stuck with 4 lights that fade from color to color with no other choice.

So, I'd say the lights are great but the remotes are awful.

UPDATE:

Thank you Loftek for supporting this product and supplying me with replacement remotes. I have tried one of them and it worked. I'm not sure if the remote's batteries just do not last long or what the problem is, but I liked the lights themselves enough to write a positive review.

so...good lights, good customer support, questionable remotes (batteries?).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 11:09 PM PDT

Sclafani Crushed Tomatoes, 28 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Sclafani Crushed Tomatoes, 28 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $30.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, neutral base for sauces, May 6, 2014
This is an inexpensive, quality base for pizza or pasta sauce. Just add a little salt, pepper, and your favorite spices. This is probably my 3rd favorite crushed/ground tomato product for sauces after Tomato Magic and 6-1's. The texture is perfect...not runny at all.

One thing to note is with tomato sauces there can be differences even within a specific brand and product. I could try another batch and it could be better or worse. They shoot for continuity, but seasons and soils etc. change and that affects the produce.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11