Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Lisa Kearns > Reviews

Browse

Lisa Kearns' Profile

Customer Reviews: 1783
Top Reviewer Ranking: 144

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa Kearns "Lisa Kearns" RSS Feed (North Carolina, USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OtterBox Strada iPhone 6 Leather Case - Frustration-Free Packaging - Chic Revival
Price: $44.95
5 used & new from $34.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful leather with the familiar Otterbox protection for your electronics, August 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've used Otterbox phone cases and ipad cases and trust them to protect our expensive and fragile electronics. This Strada iphone 6 leather case is as good quality-wise as any of their other products we've used, and has the added elegance of being leather on the cover. I always gasp when I see the price of Otterbox products because there's an absolute tidal wave of much cheaper phone cases for sale. But then again, Otterbox is considered the best because it really does protect. And the company stands behind its products, unlike that $2 plastic phone case from China.

This case fits an iphone 6 (not the PLUS) perfectly, and it has a magnetic closure to securely close when not in use. All the holes matched up for camera, charger, etc., plus it has a slot to hold business cards, driver's license or credit cards so you can leave your wallet at home.

Wellness Divine Duos Natural Grain Free Wet Cat Food, Poultry Pleasers Variety Pack, 2.8-Ounce (Value Pack of 24)
Price: $35.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Two paws down from our cats, August 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have two indoor cats who like dry food and wet Friskies pate' type canned foods. They aren't overly picky so I was surprised that they didn't especially like this Wellness Divine Duos (Poultry Pleasers variety) food.

I like the containers it comes in - just pull off the foil lid and dump into the bowl. It appears to have carrots and maybe peas in it, and little cubes of spam-like pressed meat. Our cats licked off the gravy, ate a few of the meat scraps, and carefully pushed the vegetables away. The next morning, over half of the serving was still on the plate although they normally eat a whole large can overnight.

I also think this is very much overpriced. Twenty four 2.8 ounce containers for $35? I get 24 cans 5.5 ounces each, for under $12 here on Amazon or at Costco. And the cats eat every bite of it.

Duco POLARIZED Sports Sunglasses Cycling Outdoor Glasses with 5 Interchangeable Lenses 0025 Gunmetal
Offered by Duco Glasses Co., Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, protective, attractive, and come with a hard carrying case, August 29, 2015
Our two sons play baseball 8 months of the year, and we've always gotten then sunglasses to protect their eyes from UV rays. Wearing sunglasses is also important because of the danger of missing an incoming ball when looking into the sun. Kids lose things a lot, we've had to replace their sunglasses a few times. I had to weight the risk of buying cheap sunglasses that don't protect their eyes or even worse shatter into their eyes if hit with a ball, with spending more for a good pair and having them lost or broken.

These Duco sunglasses are just exactly what we look for. Their features are:

- polarized lenses to protect against the full spectrum of UV rays
- shatter-proof lenses and frame
- handy, hard zippered carrying case with clip, to (hopefully) guard against losing them
- five different lenses to choose from
- inner frame attachment for Rx lenses (our boys don't need Rx glasses, but it's a nice feature)
- strap to keep glasses around neck when not in use.
- comfortable, flexible, padded arms to fit any head size
- cool lens shapes (very important when appearing on the baseball field!)
- cleaning cloth to remove smudges

Overall, I am very pleased with these sunglasses. They're affordable, safe, protective, and look great. Now I have to buy a second pair for the other son, who wasn't best pleased when the other son won the coin toss and got this test set.

I received a complimentary set of Duco sunglasses for testing and review purposes. I wasn't asked to leave a positive review, nor was I paid or otherwise compensated for reviewing this item. Look at the hundreds of reviews I've written over ten years and you'll see that I work hard to give an honest opinion of the products I review.

Borolux Borosilicate Glass Pie Dish - 9.5 Inch
Borolux Borosilicate Glass Pie Dish - 9.5 Inch
Offered by Bemazed Brands
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard working, beautiful, lasts a lifetime, and much safer than aluminum for baking, August 29, 2015
I have a large family and do a lot of cooking and baking from scratch - it makes me happy to turn out healthy food in attractive dishes. I also have worked hard over the last decade to get aluminum and plastic items out of my kitchen and replace them with stainless and glass. Between the risk of Alzheimer's Disease from cooking in aluminum to the chemicals that leech out of plastic ware, I just decided to make healthier choices and replace everything with safer materials. Plus, with proper care, stainless and glass will last long past your own lifetime.

This Borolux glass pie dish is just the type of item I look for. Borosilicate is a type of glass that resists shattering with heat or impact, and it's also used in the more commonly known Pyrex. And if you're unlucky enough to drop it, it doesn't shatter into tiny, sharp shards like a drinking glass does - it breaks into larger, safer pieces. It's dishwasher safe, microwave safe, and of course oven safe. The only warning on the label was to avoid using it on a stovetop burner. It's perfectly clear, bubble free, and has a pretty pebble-grained pattern on the lip.

I've been too busy with canning garden produce to do a lot of baking lately, but I did make a peach pie in this dish last weekend. Keep in mind that frozen pie crusts are often only 8 inches around, and this dish is 9.5. I make my own crusts, so I rolled out the dough to about 10 inches and made a patterned edge on the lip of the pan. My pie cooked evenly, the crust browned nicely in the pan and it was totally eaten by the next morning. The pie dish washed perfectly by hand and looked brand new afterwards.

I look forward to years of using this beautiful pie dish, with the confidence that I'm not feeding chemicals to my family in other types of bakeware. I received a complimentary Borolux pie plate for testing and review purposes. I wasn't asked to leave a positive review, nor was I paid or otherwise compensated for reviewing this item. Look at the hundreds of reviews I've written over ten years and you'll see that I work hard to give an honest opinion of the products I review.

Leeiss Embroidery Zipper Closure Women's Tote Handle Handbags
Leeiss Embroidery Zipper Closure Women's Tote Handle Handbags

5.0 out of 5 stars Hand embroidered, wooden beads - delicate, beautiful and feminine!, August 29, 2015
We lived in Asia years ago (India and Malaysia) and I loved all the beautiful basketry, beadwork and embroidery on clothing and decorative items. Many of the items I bought I am still using 10-20 years later.

This Leeiss tote/purse is a perfect example of the top-quality needlework I know and love. The main purse measures 14" long, 9" tall, and 4" in width (depending on how much you put in the purse). The handles add another 7" to the height. The main body of the purse is cotton canvas in a lovely grass green, and it's heavily embroidered with pinks, beige, red, blues, and browns. The embroidered part covers one side of the purse, and about one third of the back side. The handle is made of wooden beads and rings, strung with heavy cordage in dark brown. The handle is also long enough to allow wearing the purse on your shoulder, although I like it better in my hand.

The purse is lined inside with black polyester and has a large open compartment, one zippered section and one small open pocket. The top of the purse has a good quality nylon zipper with a metal medallion pull. The outside of the purse (on the un-embroidered side) has a diagonal matching zipper (with medallion) than secures another small pocket. It looks exactly like the photos found on the vendor's page, and I'm very pleased with this feminine, delicate and beautifully made purse!

This purse currently sells for $19.99, which is a really good price for a hand-embroidered purse like this one. I do embroidery and needlepoint, and I *know* how many hours go into creating a hand-crafted design like this one.

I received a complimentary Leeiss embroidered purse for testing and review purposes. I wasn't asked to leave a positive review, nor was I paid or otherwise compensated for reviewing this item. Look at the hundreds of reviews I've written over ten years and you'll see that I work hard to give an honest opinion of the products I review.

ASHWAGANDHA EXTRACT- 100% Best Herb Root Dosage 60 Caps
ASHWAGANDHA EXTRACT- 100% Best Herb Root Dosage 60 Caps
Offered by Rockin' Vitality
Price: $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle, noticeable energy and mental clarity! I am impressed!, August 29, 2015
I'd never tried Ashwagandha before I received my sample, but I was excited to try it. I have a very busy life (four teenaged kids and a farm) and I often struggle with being tired or running out of energy before the day's work is done. I haven't reviewed many supplements because it's often hard to tell if they're actually doing anything, and I do want to be honest in my reviews.

I'm pleased to say that I've had good results from this Rockin' Vitality Ashwagandha supplement! I do a lot of driving for our kids' schools and sports, so I can't afford to be jittery or doped, and this supplement gave me the same effect as having a strong cup of coffee (but without any caffeine jitters). The effect lasted about 6 hours, which was just right for me to get my housework and outdoor work done. I was afraid to take it later in the day in case it kept me up at night, but I'm very happy with the focus and energy it gave me for daytime use.

I did a little research on LiveStrong dot com and they said "Ashwagandha is an Ayurvedic remedy claimed to be good for many conditions, including stress, fertility, depression and cancer, but there is inadequate data to prove its effectiveness, according to NYU Langone Medical Center. The roots, leaves and fruit of the ashwagandha plant are used medicinally. A typical dosage is 1 to 2 grams three times a day. Ashwagandha is classified as an adaptogenic herb, meaning that it may help restore normal bodily function and resist the damage that stress causes. Consult a healthcare provider before using ashwagandha."

And that's exactly how I felt while taking it - alert and energetic but not super-charged. I believe the "adaptogenic" claim because it didn't jazz me up more than I needed. This is a product I feel safe taking as it's been safely used for hundreds of years in Ayurvedic medicine and it's 100% organic. And it's one I plan to add to my usual vitamin regimen.

I received a complimentary sample of Rockin' Vitality Ashwagandha extract for testing and review purposes. I wasn't asked to leave a positive review, nor was I paid or otherwise compensated for reviewing this item. Look at the hundreds of reviews I've written over ten years and you'll see that I work hard to give an honest opinion of the products I review.

PRO-SYS® Adult Soft Tapered Toothbrush - Clinically proven to clean under your gumline (Pack of 1)
Offered by PRO-SYS
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clean teeth and gums, for you and for someone in need!, August 15, 2015
I've used a rechargeable Oral-B toothbrush for years, but normally take a "manual" toothbrush when I travel. I've usually just used the free toothbrush the dentist gives me, so I was interested in finding out how a better quality toothbrush compares.

I've been using this Pro-Sys toothbrush for a week now, and I really like it. I can tell that the bristles get between my teeth and under the gumline better than my old toothbrush, and I like the way my teeth feel clean and buffed when I'm finished. The bristles rinse clean and dry quickly, too.

I especially like the angle of the handle and the way it doesn't slip around in my hand during use. The base of the toothbrush is a little too thick to fit in the toothbrush holder suctioned to my mirror, but that thickness also makes it easier to hold onto.

The best thing about this toothbrush, though, is that the company gives one toothbrush to someone in need for every one sold. The literature with the toothbrush said "Thanks to our customers’ purchases, we have donated tens of thousands of toothbrushes to Health Volunteers Overseas, Donate-a-toothbrush, and America’s own Head Start". Being able to help someone else as I brush my teeth is a great way to start or end the day.

Features:
- Ergonomically designed, anti-bacterial handle
- Great Dupont bristles that clean beneath the gumline
- Comes in four assorted colors so everyone knows which one is theirs
- For every toothbrush sold, the company donates one to someone in need

I received a complimentary (pink) ProSys toothbrush for testing and review purposes. I wasn't asked to leave a positive review, nor was I paid or otherwise compensated for reviewing this item. Look at the hundreds of reviews I've written over ten years and you'll see that I work hard to give an honest opinion of the products I review.

SuperEze Best 4 Sided Cheese Box Grater with FREE Food Catcher Container. Also a Shredder Cutter Zester and Slicer made from Stainless Steel.
Offered by SuperEze
Price: $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and well designed!, August 15, 2015
This grater is so much nicer than the old aluminum one I've had for decades. First of all, it's made of stainless steel so it doesn't leech chemicals into our food. It's dishwasher safe and super sharp, and it's easy to hold even with slippery fingers because of the brushed stainless handle on top. It has four different grating/slicing sides - small, medium and large holes for grating veggies or cheese, and a slicing side that can make strips or wedges.

The best thing about this grater is the collection/storage box underneath. The grater sits securely on a BPA-free plastic base that collects what you're grating instead of having a mess on the counter top or trying to hold the grater rocking around in a bowl. There's also a lid on the collection box, for keeping extra grated product. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee.

I've used it twice now, to grate cheddar cheese for burritos, and to grate onion and cucumber for tzatziki sauce. It made quick work of grating and cleaned up easily too. This is easily the best grater I've ever had the pleasure of using!

I received a complimentary SuperEze grater for testing and review purposes. I wasn't asked to leave a positive review, nor was I paid or otherwise compensated for reviewing this item. Look at the hundreds of reviews I've written over ten years and you'll see that I work hard to give an honest opinion of the products I review.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2015 7:52 AM PDT

JAPONESQUE Color Correcting Crayon, Shade 02, 0.05 lb.
JAPONESQUE Color Correcting Crayon, Shade 02, 0.05 lb.
Price: $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Neutralizes redness in your skin - works perfectly!, August 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Many years ago I had a green concealer stick that neutralized red places on my face. I hadn't used one or even seen one until I saw this Japonesque correcting crayon on Amazon. Both of my college age daughters have times when their face breaks out and they want to cover the redness, so I ordered this stick for them.

First of all, it's big (4 inches long and .3 ounce of product) and will last a long time. I like that it rolls up like a lipstick, and that it goes on smoothly. It's a light green color, which is the "opposite" of red and neutralizes blemishes or reddish areas in skin. I used a bit just to get a feel for it, and it really does make redness disappear. It doesn't leave your face looking green, though, and you can use foundation or powder over the top of it.

Both daughters were very happy with this correcting crayon, and now I suppose I have to buy a second one to prevent fighting. It seems a little expensive at $22, but when you find a good quality product that works well it's worth it.

Hill's Science Diet 7 lb Adult Urinary Hairball Control Cat Food, Medium
Hill's Science Diet 7 lb Adult Urinary Hairball Control Cat Food, Medium
Price: $26.43

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat loves it!, August 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our 1 yr old male cat loves this food, which is the best endorsement I can give you. He eats a little of Kirkland (Costco) Maintenance dry food, while waiting for the Fancy Feast he enjoys the most. He's not exactly picky but he prefers the wet food to dry.

I put this Hill's Science Diet Adult Urinary Hairball Control food down in his bowl and he ate a whole handful of it. He doesn't have trouble with hairballs, being a short hair tabby, but he has had a urinary tract infection. I'm hoping this food helps prevent another one!

He likes the kibble size, the smell and taste of this food, which makes it a 5-star item for me.

I like the velcro type closure on the bag, which is better than the ziplocks I see on other cat foods.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20