Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Scooter > Reviews

Browse

Scooter's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scooter RSS Feed (Orlando FL)

Smoke Circle - MiniSuit Verizon iPhone 4th Gen Skin Case compatible for AT&T iPhone 4 / iPhone 4G / 4th Generation 16GB / 32GB
Offered by Digital Media Source
Price: $5.95
2 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't imagine a better case for the iPhone 4, July 19, 2010
I'll start by saying that buying a case online without actually getting to see and feel how it looked was a little nerve wrecking for me. I purchased a 'soft' case for an older iPhone once before and I was extremely disappointed with the sticky and rubbery silicon material that case was made of. It would frequently attract lint, and it was a nightmare to get in and out of my pocket. In the reviews I read of this Minisuit case, everyone kept referring to it as a 'soft' case...so that made me a little apprehensive thanks to my prior 'soft' case experience. However, since the Apple and local retail options are overpriced and mediocre at best, I was willing to take a chance...especially given the glowing reviews of this case.

All that being said, I could not be more pleased with the quality, design, and appearance of this case!

In my opinion, calling this thing a 'soft' case really isn't a fair description. Sure, it's made of a slightly-flexible plastic...but it's just flexible enough to install on the phone and to resist impact when dropped. Everyone keeps referring to the type of plastic it's made from by it's technical name (like we are all mechanical engineers or something), but I would compare it to the hard slightly-flexible plastic used commonly in connectors (like some USB connectors, HDMI, A/V cables, power cords, etc.) When it's installed on the phone, it actually feels like a 'hard' case...only without the bulk and loose fit. The best way I can describe it is that it actually looks and feels like it's part of the phone.

The design is fantastic. The iPhone 4 is a very sleek and compact phone and this case complements it perfectly. It's translucent, so you can still see the Apple logo, metal band, etc. through the smokey-colored case. All of the connector ports, buttons, switches are easy to access (though the 'Standby' button requires a little extra force to press now).

If you want a case that protects the iPhone 4 well while maintaining it's sleek appearance and size, this is the case you've been looking for.

Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Carolinas
Price: $79.95
39 used & new from $39.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use...saving me tons of money, July 16, 2010
Although I have a cell phone, I've always preferred to have a home phone for various reasons. Before purchasing this, I was paying almost $40 a month for cable phone service. With the Ooma Telo, that amount has now dropped to about $3/month (for taxes)...though I won't have to start paying that until I've owned the Telo for a year.

Setup was a piece of cake. Ooma recommends you put the Telo between your broadband modem and your router (if you have one), but I decided to put it behind the router just like every other networked device in my home. It worked perfectly with no need to set anything up on the device. All you have to do is log in to the Ooma website and create an account using a serial number on the Telo, and it takes care of the rest.

I don't notice any difference in call quality between Ooma Telo and my cable phone, or even the standard land line phone I had before that. No static, dropped calls, or anything like that...and I've been using it quite a bit.

I'm very impressed with the Telo's performance and ease-of-installation. I highly recommend it!

Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
17 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This wheel is great, November 1, 2009
Most of the reviews of this wheel are dead on. It works fantastically, and totally improves the experience of the xbox racing games. I'm playing Forza Motorsport 3 with this thing, and it's a blast.

My only knock on it is pretty much the same one everyone makes... The pedals slide around on carpet a little too easily. MS needs to put retractable carpet spikes or something on the next rev.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2009 9:33 AM PST

Eagles: Farewell 1 Tour - Live From Melbourne [HD DVD]
Eagles: Farewell 1 Tour - Live From Melbourne [HD DVD]
DVD ~ Eagles
Offered by Perception Products
Price: $22.99
6 used & new from $5.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Speechless..., July 19, 2007
I'm not a huge Eagles fan, but this DVD just blew me away. A must have music DVD...perfect for showing off HD-DVD.

Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player
Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player
15 used & new from $37.09

5.0 out of 5 stars HD-A2 Worth every penny, July 19, 2007
I bought this player at my local BB a few months ago when the Matrix Trilogy came out for $269 ($299 + 10% off coupon). Since I bought the Matrix Trilogy too, I got 2 HD-DVD's instantly for free, plus I sent in for the 5 free HD-DVD's by mail (which I received yesterday). So, for $279 I got 7 Free HD-DVD titles, and an HD-DVD player that looks and sounds fantastic with my system (even with up-converted DVD's). You just can't beat it.

2 suggestions before using this player. #1, get an HDMI cable. This thing only comes with a standard set of analog RCA cables, which are worthless for HD video and digital sound. #2, update the firmware when you install the player. It's a piece of cake to do if you have a home network. If you are living in the stone ages and don't have a home network, you can get the update on a disk from Toshiba. I never had a firmware related problem, but some people (who don't seem to understand the concept of a firmware update) seem to whine about certain discs not playing, HDMI problems, etc. My philosophy, just do the update and spare everyone the whining! It could be worse man! Products didn't used to update themselves! With most consumer products, if there is a bug...you're just plain out of luck!

Once you've hooked this bad boy up, the quality is amazing. You definitely notice the deeper blacks, richer colors, and crisper resolution compared to standard DVD. If you have a receiver that supports MPCM over HDMI (like the Yamaha RX-V661...which I highly recommend too), you can set the HD-DVD's to Dolby TrueHD. Once you do that, the HD-A2 will feed 6 channels of UNCOMPRESSED audio into your receiver. This makes the sound quality astounding.

Anyway, after enjoying this thing for several months now, I highly recommend it. It's worth every penny, even without the free HD-DVD offers.