Profile for M. Brady > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Brady RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Bachmann White Christmas Express Ready To Run Electric Train Set - Large "G" Scale
3 used & new from $238.42

1.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare Before Christmas, December 7, 2014
Buy this if you want your own "Nightmare Before Christmas." We are entering our third Christmas with this train set, and already it is broken. The lights in one of the carriages no longer work; two of the couplers on the cars no longer work so I have to tape the train cars together. Everything about this train set is junky and flimsy. The train track fits together awkwardly -- the clips that are supposed to hold the train tracks together are a joke. Operating the train actually makes the train track fall apart. The most critical piece of this set -- the connector that delivers power to the track -- is so poorly conceived and executed that it will drive you mad. It loosely fits on the track and randomly disconnects itself as you operate the train. I would recommend buying a Lego train or one of the German-made trains.

Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel
Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars another great Reacher adventure, September 8, 2014
A very enjoyable tale. As with most Reacher novels, it's more about the journey than the destination. We see Reacher pound bad guys and overcome obstacles with his raw-boned intelligence. The ending is rather silly, about the same as "Never Go Back," but Reacher is fascinating to follow nonetheless.

Curious George Around Town (6 Volume Set)
Curious George Around Town (6 Volume Set)
by H. A. Rey
Price: $10.79
95 used & new from $3.29

1.0 out of 5 stars These books are NOT created by Margret and H. ..., August 22, 2014
These books are NOT created by Margret and H.A. Rey. They are created by a consortium of writers and artists "in the style of" the Reys. Big difference.

Spycatcher: Spycatcher Novel #1
Spycatcher: Spycatcher Novel #1
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars entertaining but silly, June 25, 2014
The ending was ludicrous, departing from the bounds established throughout the book. But a fun summer read. Still, Dunn is no Forsyth.

Net Force: Code War (Net Force Series Created by Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik)

1.0 out of 5 stars unfinished book, May 8, 2014
Not cool, selling an unfinished book. This is a lame attempt to keep people buying so they can finish the book.

Aspects 367 Hummzinger Ultra Hummingbird Feeder, 12-Ounce
Aspects 367 Hummzinger Ultra Hummingbird Feeder, 12-Ounce
Price: $19.36
36 used & new from $15.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to clean, August 5, 2013
This feeder is easy to clean and the hummingbirds seem to enjoy hanging out on the provided perch. The tip guards effectively keep out ants and other bugs. Also, I really appreciate that the nectar recipe is stamped directly onto the feeder so it never gets lost.

CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
Price: $8.99
33 used & new from $7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, August 5, 2013
This simple little device works as advertised. It finds nails rather than studs, so it's not perfect. You have to hope your homebuilder used the center of the stud when nailing drywall. My builder was very sloppy and the nails are sometimes on the edge of the stud, but this little magnet works well enough. I suggest locating several nails in a line to increase your odds of finding the center of the stud.

ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder Yellow
Price: $49.95
7 used & new from $40.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't pinpoint the stud, August 5, 2013
I had high hopes for this product, based on its many positive reviews. I gave it a very easy test in my garage and it failed. With my attic hatch open so I could see the studs, I moved the sensor along the garage ceiling. It couldn't pinpoint the studs. The best it could do was locate them within a three-inch span, which means I could easily miss the stud completely or nick the edge of it. The cheap rare earth magnet I bought proved to be more reliable in pinpointing studs.

Sport-Brella X-Large Umbrella, Steel Blue
Sport-Brella X-Large Umbrella, Steel Blue
Price: $51.99
20 used & new from $37.42

1.0 out of 5 stars Disaster, August 5, 2013
My family and I just got back from Lake Michigan. This product cannot withstand even the slightest breeze. While my family played on the beach, I spent my time baby-sitting this shelter and trying in vain to keep it from blowing away. It escaped me once and almost impaled someone on the beach. Keep in my mind that everyone else on the beach is using standard Tommy Bahama umbrellas and similar products, or in a few cases Light Speed shelters, and they are all sipping cold drinks and watching me with amusement while I wrestle with this poorly conceived product. Its main problem is it does not let enough air pass through it. The "vent" at the top is sewn too tight and the holes are too small to allow much air to pass through it, so this thing becomes just a giant wind catcher, even with both windows open.

Bumbo Floor Seat, Blue
Bumbo Floor Seat, Blue
Price: $39.44
20 used & new from $39.44

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as we hoped, June 13, 2013
We used this maybe five times. Nothing wrong with this product. It's just not as handy as we thought it would be.

Page: 1 | 2