Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Lizzz" RSS Feed (Oakland, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
TOTO THU068#01 Trip Lever For St743S, Cotton White
TOTO THU068#01 Trip Lever For St743S, Cotton White
Price: $27.50
10 used & new from $17.83

3.0 out of 5 stars It works! But I expect it to break again in 5 years., August 7, 2014
Good price on necessary replacement part.
Too bad the expected life cycle is so short.
I shall order the next replacement now for future use.

40 Inch Snail Retractable Ruler Measuring Tape Green
40 Inch Snail Retractable Ruler Measuring Tape Green
Offered by uxcell
Price: $5.93
4 used & new from $4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and useful novelty snail, July 6, 2014
Cute and useful, lightweight, key chain measuring tape. Love that the snail head is the tip of the tape, complete with antennae.

Fran Wilson Eye Tees Precision Makeup Applicator (Pack of 6)
Fran Wilson Eye Tees Precision Makeup Applicator (Pack of 6)
Offered by cosmeticbeautyplace
Price: $20.72
7 used & new from $9.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without for sharpeyed sharpshooters, July 6, 2014
Great product for eye makeup removal and touch-up.
Also great for cleaning handguns.

The History of Time: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
The History of Time: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Price: $5.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Title misleading but fascinating book on the history of calendar-making, February 13, 2014
Life on Planet Earth reckons time by solar day/night and seasons and by lunar months.
However, solar days do not fit evenly into the solar year, nor do solar and lunar cycles match up neatly.
Therefore, human civilizations have struggled to invent mathematical models of time that reliably and consistently predict solar, lunar and seasonal activity for agricultural, astronomical and religious purposes.
This book surveys why calendars are always kludgy and how civilizations have fudged their way around the asynchrony of day/night, month and year. While it spends more time on the Judeo-Roman (lunar-solar) calendar, there's lots of information about Chinese, Islamic, Mayan and other major calendar systems.

Equoid: A Laundry novella: A Tor.Com Original (Laundry Files)
Equoid: A Laundry novella: A Tor.Com Original (Laundry Files)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightmarishly gruesome take on unicorns as monsters, February 13, 2014
I'm reading the whole Laundry series in order, and so far (this comes between Down on the Farm and The Fuller Memorandum) the most gruesome yet. The schtick is to take the fuzzy popular understanding of unicorns and twist it via HPLovecraft (who finally makes an appearance) and the usual Laundry cryptozoological horrors (quantities of poisonous tentacled snails, equoid monsters, shuddering heaps of hypersexual protoplasm, feces, blood and a truly nasty take on puppet-mastery). I read it at the veterinarian while waiting for my cat's ultrasound--perhaps not the best setting, because the tech took one look at my face and hastened to reassure me!

Greenies Pill Pocket Duck and Pea, 1.4-Ounce pouch
Greenies Pill Pocket Duck and Pea, 1.4-Ounce pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars This saved my cat's life - and I hear they are discontining it!, May 25, 2012
Literally, this saved my cat's life. He can't have wheat or corn (so I can't use the regular formula) and I have to give him 2x daily doses of prednisolone and Pepcid. Pred is way bitter and pilling him was a struggle. These are wonderful--he loves the taste, asks for his pill, and chomps it right down. I just heard from my local pet store that the manufacturer is discontinuing the allergy formula. Greenies, say it isn't so!! All of you who believe in this stuff, go hassle Greenies (I'm on my way now to do just that!).
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2012 6:05 AM PDT

SPA Lavish Comfort Pet Dog Cat Shampoo Lavender Oatmeal
SPA Lavish Comfort Pet Dog Cat Shampoo Lavender Oatmeal

1.0 out of 5 stars no ingredients disclosed--why would I buy?, January 3, 2012
This looks and sounds like a good product, but without a list of ingredients (not just some New Age copy writing BS), I won't even try it on my cat.

A. Marinelli Women's Clay Thong,Bronze,8 M
A. Marinelli Women's Clay Thong,Bronze,8 M

4.0 out of 5 stars Minimalist chic--elegant, simple and comfortable, December 28, 2007
The sandal to wear when you need a heel but want the shoe to disappear. Well made, great value, very minimalist. Nice low-key metallic with a subtle distressed look. Very comfortable if you have wide feet and like the feel of a thong. Would be a lovely bridesmaid or mother of bride shoe. I could dance in these, but some may find the open heel makes that tough.

Columbia Women's Nassau Thong
Columbia Women's Nassau Thong
Offered by Nau Products
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite everyday thong, December 4, 2007
I love these--so much so that I just bought two pair in black. I own 9 pairs in 5 different colors. The tightness varies some from shoe to shoe, so try before you stick these in your closet. Also they stretch over time with wear, especially if you sometimes wear toe socks with them. I used to wonder why Columbia offered so many thong designs, but I tried them all and only these fit me. Clearly they offer different shoes for different feet! If the Nassau doesn't work for you and you like the sport thong and the footbed, try one of the other Columbia models.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2011 8:09 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best workout socks yet!, October 8, 2007
Wow! I've been wearing toe socks for workouts for more than a year now and love the toe articulation for dance, Pilates and Yoga moves. The non-slip dots on these make them perfect for moves (e.g. downward dog, lunges, ballwork) where a firm grip on the floor or mat is essential. These look good, fit me very well and stay up through the whole workout without sliding off my toes. Wish they came in more colors, though: violet, lavender, teal, turquoise, green would be nice (manufacturer, are you listening?)

Page: 1 | 2