Profile for Jeanene Headlee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeanene Headlee "jeanenehea" RSS Feed (Tucson, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2
Barbie 50th Anniversary Then & Now Bikini Doll
Barbie 50th Anniversary Then & Now Bikini Doll
Offered by Mix n Match
Price: $22.00
5 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars with a Bonus Dress, October 14, 2010
This Barbie doll is darling and loaded with accessories. The regular version of this very Barbie Doll (called "Barbie Bathing Suit Doll" OR "Barbie Then and Now" on Amazon.com sells for $17 and this "Souvenir Doll" is only $10.95. CRAZY! It's such a better deal to buy this one!

Baby Alive Mommy Mealtime
Baby Alive Mommy Mealtime

5.0 out of 5 stars Bottle fits Baby Alive Whoopsie Doo!, October 14, 2010
This review is from: Baby Alive Mommy Mealtime (Toy)
I was thrilled when I read that this bottle should fit all BA dolls with noted exceptions. I ordered it HOPING it would fit the smaller-mouthed Baby Alive Whoopsie Doo doll and IT DOES! A replacement bottle through BA website is NOT available and I thought we were destined to never feed our two Whoopsie Doos again until this set arrived. I'm sorry it doesn't fit the large-mouthed BA dolls, but we are very happy this fits our WDs.

Molly P. Originals 9¿ Greta Doll
Molly P. Originals 9¿ Greta Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and TINY, October 9, 2009
I found this beautiful brown-eyed baby doll on Amazon.com for my daughter and fell in love with her. I didn't understand the upside-down question mark in the item title and nowhere in the description was her size mentioned. Consequently I was SHOCKED to find after purchase that she is a miniature 9.5 inches from head to toe and only 5.5 inches when seated! I was anticipating a more life-sized baby doll for my eight year-old daughter and was shocked by her small size. I fully intended to return her for a refund until my daughter discovered her. She fell in love with the tiny little thing and I couldn't bear to send her back to Amazon.com. Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have spent $20 on this doll. Considering the quality of construction of this doll and her clothing (and I assume the same will be true of the larger and more expensive Molly P Originals dolls), I would purchase one of the well-made Lee Middleton dolls instead.

Hailey (Medium Skin Tone) by Lee Middleton
Hailey (Medium Skin Tone) by Lee Middleton

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet little baby doll, October 9, 2009
My daughter wanted a baby doll with brown eyes like her own. I searched everywhere and finally found this one on Amazon. She is a very sweet little doll and her cloth body is well made. The cloth part has tucks and gathers to make the body look and feel more lifelike and the color of the cloth matches the vinyl of the doll. The blushing painted on the face, hands and feet is very natural. She has no hair (sculpted, painted or inserted) but has fine painted eyebrows and eyelashes. Her eyes do not sleep. She is molded from a Reva sculpt and couldn't be prettier. She is 13.5 inches from head to toe and 8 inches in a seated position. Her clothes are soft and very well-made -- nothing like what the less-expensive doll manufacturers put on their dolls. She is PERFECT for a nurturing little mommy like my eight year-old daughter.
Comment Comment | Permalink

NCIS: Season 5
NCIS: Season 5
DVD ~ Mark Harmon
Price: $11.88
34 used & new from $5.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you own any other seasons of NCIS?, July 30, 2008
This review is from: NCIS: Season 5 (DVD)
If you own any of the other seasons of NCIS (woohoo!) then you need to own this one as well. I find friends come out of the woodwork claiming to be NCIS fans when I get my new season's DVD collection. I love to share NCIS!

Eric Carle's ABC (The World of Eric Carle)
Eric Carle's ABC (The World of Eric Carle)
by Eric Carle
Price: $5.64
199 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars book engineering fails, July 30, 2008
I love Eric Carle and his art and this book doesn't disappoint in that respect.
The problem I have with this book is its major design flaw. You see the A page, but to see the next two pages (B and C) you must lift the entire A page up (the fold is at the top of the book). You can imagine that when you refold the page, it doesn't lay flat against the page unless you hold it down at the center binding. If you don't press it down when you turn the page, you bend the page! It's impossible to not bend the page when you are reading to an animated 15 month old... grrr. Also, having pages that are L-shaped (when unfolded they are a large backward L shape) make them VERY easy to tear. And I do mean EASY. My toddler loves to walk around with his books and this one is truly trashed. I think it has 2 or three pages remaining. But since it is his current-reigning favorite book, I have had to buy replacements that only I can hold while I read to him.
His very favorite parts of the book are the front and back pages. The front has the uppercase alphabet and the back has the lowercase alphabet and when he points at it I have to sing the ABC song. Repeatedly. :-)
A minor irritation is Carle's choice of creatures: quetzal, narwhal, xolo (how do you pronounce these words?!?), and unicorn (the only mythical creature). Aagh.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2013 9:31 PM PST

Smokescreen
Smokescreen
by Dick Francis
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Dick Francis is ALWAYS in first place!, July 30, 2008
Dick Francis consistently writes books that people love to read -- again and again! I own all of his books and have had to replace some due to wear! I started in 1988 with The Edge and was hooked! Try any of his books and you will feel the same. Thank you, Dick Francis!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Jump for joy!, July 30, 2008
This Jumperoo is made for fun times and it is NOT your parents' Johnny Jump Up. :-)
This equipment is sturdy, colorful, well-made, and folds easily for moving or storage. I used it for my grandson when he was 6-11 months old and brought it out again when he was 14-17 months. He loved being in it for about 15 minutes at a time. This is a great toy/piece of equipment, but it is not a babysitter.

The Good Ship Courtship
The Good Ship Courtship
by Dr. Hugh Pyle
9 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of Date, June 14, 2008
This book seems to have been written for teens and singles from a different era. Using the centuries-old King James version of the Bible, using the language from that time in history, and using phrases like "mixed bathing", "dirty, jazzy, modern, rock 'n' roll type (of music)", and "play records" make this booklet obsolete and archaic. Although the content is basically correct, it is written in such a way that leads people to mock it instead of internalizing it.
It seems only teens sheltered in "fundamental, Bible preaching" churches that still use the King James version of the Bible will be able to benefit from this booklet.
It needs to be revised and in synch with current events to be effective.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2013 3:03 PM PDT

Swing Seat Ikarus
Swing Seat Ikarus

5.0 out of 5 stars Start Swingin'!, January 21, 2008
This review is from: Swing Seat Ikarus (Board Game)
This is the best swing ever!

Ours is hanging outside.
We live in the hot desert and the fabric seat allows for swinging even in the hottest part of the day -- no plastic or metal seats burning legs and bottoms.
The seat is weighted and cushioned and is comfortable to sit in.
It is stable and well-balanced: the child feels secure.
The colors are bright and happy.

Haba excels when it comes to children's toys.
Comment Comment | Permalink