Profile for Pumpkin Man > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1264

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pumpkin Man RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DVD ~ Boris Karloff
Price: $8.96
55 used & new from $4.21

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Classic Tone, But Lacks Scares!!!, June 29, 2015
This review is from: The Mummy (DVD)
Just recently, the only Mummy movies I knew were the Brendan Fraser films. Last week, TCM had a marathon of Christopher Lee Hammer horror films in honor of his death, and I watched the 1959 Mummy movie (Which I think is better than this original version) So, I decided to go back even further and watch the original. Boris Karloff looked great in his mummified makeup, but when he transformed into a human, that's when it loses its appeal. The great thing about the 1959 film is that the mummy is in fact a mummy the whole movie and couldn't be killed. That's what is intriguing to me. In this film, the mummy becomes human within 5 minutes.

During an archaeological expedition in 1921, Egyptian Priest, Imhotep is revived. For some random reason, it cuts to 10 years later and Imhotep is masquerading as a modern Egyptian named Ardath Bey. He goes after Helen Grosvenor who looks like his reincarnated lover, Princess Ankh-es-en-Amon. Can they stop him before it's too late? If you like classic horror, you might enjoy THE MUMMY!!!

Horror of Dracula
Horror of Dracula
DVD ~ Peter Cushing
Price: $5.95
64 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars The Hunt For Dracula is On!!!, June 22, 2015
This review is from: Horror of Dracula (DVD)
I wanted to watch the TCM Christopher Lee Hammer horror marathon they were having in honor of Christopher Lee recently passing away. I've always been curious about these films, and figured it would be the best time to watch them. This story has been done before with Dracula, Jonathan Harker, Mina, Van Helsing, etc. but it was filmed in a slightly different way. After Harker and his fiance are killed by Dracula, Van Helsing and Arthur go on the hunt to capture and kill him. If you like old school horror, you might enjoy HORROR OF DRACULA!!!

The Curse of Frankenstein
The Curse of Frankenstein
DVD ~ Peter Cushing
15 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Possibly One of the Best Frankenstein Movies I've Seen Yet!!!, June 22, 2015
This review is from: The Curse of Frankenstein (DVD)
I wanted to watch the TCM Christopher Lee Hammer horror marathon they were having in honor of Christopher Lee recently passing away. I've always been curious about these films, and figured it would be the best time to watch them. I was very surprised at how much I really liked this adaptation of the Frankenstein story. I've only seen the films with Boris Karloff as the monster, but Christopher Lee was just as good and his makeup was amazing for its time. I really enjoyed the story of how Victor Frankenstein went from smart scientist to crazy madman.

In his childhood, his parents passed away and sent for a tutor named Dr. Paul Krempe to teach him everything he knows about science. Years later as an adult, he learns how to bring a dog back to life, so he wants to take it to the next level and create a perfect human being from body parts. At first, Paul is intrigued and onboard, but as the experiment gets deadlier, Paul wants out. Victor keeps grave-robbing and stealing eyes, hands and a brain to create his creature. Once the monster comes alive, Victor realizes he can't control it. If you love classic old school horror, you'll love THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN!!!

DVD ~ Christopher Lee
Price: $5.97
62 used & new from $3.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy Awesome Hammer Goodness!!!, June 22, 2015
This review is from: The Mummy (DVD)
I wanted to watch the TCM Christopher Lee Hammer horror marathon they were having in honor of Christopher Lee recently passing away. I've always been curious about these films, and figured it would be the best time to watch them. I first started off with 'The Mummy' I have really only seen Brendan Fraser's 1999 Mummy film. I've been meaning to watch the 1932 film, so I watched this without really comparing it to anything. The movie had a great look, cinematography, great sets, and awesome makeup for the mummy.

In 1895, some archaeologists dig up the tomb of Princess Ananka, the high priestess of the god Karnak. Angered that they have desecrated the tomb, an Egyptian reads from the Scroll of Life and awakens Kharis, an imprisoned mummy who protects the tomb. Three years later, the mummy is again resurrected to get his deadly revenge against those who entered the forbidden tomb. It's great cheesy fun and right to the point. It's old school horror at its finest. I would recommend THE MUMMY!!!

Jurassic World - Limited Edition Packaging (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
Jurassic World - Limited Edition Packaging (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
DVD ~ Chris Pratt
Price: $22.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Worthy Nostalgic Sequel That Lives up to the Original!!!, June 13, 2015
This sequel was definitely worth the fourteen year wait. It has finally gone back to the basics of the original and stands as a true sequel to the original 1993 Jurassic Park. It's very action-packed, suspenseful, has the right amount of comedy and some great nostalgia for fans of the original. Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard and Jake Johnson made great new characters. I became very invested in the characters, and even some of the Dinosaurs. Throughout the majority of the movie, I kept thinking they were missing a great opportunity, and when they hinted at it and it finally happened, I was almost in tears because my wish came true, but I won't dare ruin it for you. Let's just say the final battle is incredibly epic!

22 years after the events of Jurassic Park, it has been renamed to Jurassic World and is finally a fully functioning theme park with Dinosaurs, which was John Hammond's vision. The visitor rates are declining, so they make a new genetically modified dinosaur called the Indominus Rex. Indominus is probably the meanest toughest smartest Dinosaur throughout the entire Jurassic Park series. Owen Grady (Pratt) tries to hunt it down after it escapes her enclosure. Helping Owen and trying to find her nephews through the havoc is Claire Dearing, the park's operations manager. If you love the series, I highly recommend JURASSIC WORLD!!!

Fight Club (10th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
Fight Club (10th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Edward Norton
Price: $7.99
128 used & new from $3.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Highly Overrated!!!, June 10, 2015
Last night was the very first time I have ever watched this movie. One of my Facebook friends bought me a copy because I had never seen it. I knew this movie had a cult following and after finally watching, I'm trying to understand why. Maybe if I watched it several more times, it'll grow on me, but I have a feeling I won't for quite a while. It wasn't all bad. It did have some decent and funny moments. I liked Helena Bonham Carter's character. The middle half of the movie was probably the best, but it went down-hill for me when the 'fight club' basically turned into a cult and the weird twist involving Brad Pitt's character.

Edward Norton stars as a traveling automobile company employee who suffers from insomnia. He's known as The Narrator because he visits support groups to see how other people suffer. He eventually meets a woman a lot more miserable than him named Marla Singer. After his apartment explodes, he calls up Tyler Durden, a man who he befriended on a plane. They slowly start a 'Fight Club' where guys meet up and just beat each other up. If you like movies that are supposed to be considered 'great' you might enjoy FIGHT CLUB!!!

The Caretakers
The Caretakers
DVD ~ Nick Faust
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A New Twist on the Vampire Genre!!!, June 9, 2015
This review is from: The Caretakers (DVD)
I always respect writer/directors who film on a low budget. I love that the BBP (Big Biting Pig) movies are filmed in my town because I always like to see the locations of where they filmed. This newest film is a vampire flick mostly from the perspective from the Caretaker, the one who looks after the vampire. (Think of Renfield from Dracula or Willie Loomis from Dark Shadows) This movie has great cinematography with lighting and looks to take place around Fall, my favorite season. I also have 2 cameos in the film. If that doesn't hook you, then it also features Bill Johnson, who played Leatherface in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 with Dennis Hopper, and it has Joe Estevez. An aging vampire caretaker named Jack is looking to train some new apprentices. Meanwhile, a dad is looking for his daughter, who is now a vampire and being looked after by Jimmy. If you want a different vampire tale, then you may enjoy THE CARETAKERS!!!

Unfriended (Blu-ray + DVD + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet)
Unfriended (Blu-ray + DVD + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Leo Gabriadze
Price: $24.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Evil Invades Social Media!!!, June 9, 2015
Finally, a great new horror film that twists found footage and social media together in a horror movie for today's generation that Skypes and checks their Facebook every 5 minutes. Originally, this movie was called Cybernatural, which I think is a better title. The entire film takes place on a screencast of the laptop of the main girl named Blaire. I can't believe this movie is getting such low ratings. I was in suspense the entire film. The death scenes were creepy and had a great twist in the end. This review WILL contain spoilers!

A girl named Laura Barns gets drunk at a party one evening, and someone makes a video of it. Shortly after, she commits suicide. One year later on the Anniversary of her death, Laura's friend, Blaire and her friends are video calling each other. During the video call, an unknown party is there watching them and taunting them because they all played a part in Laura's death . At first, they think someone is pranking them, but it all becomes too real when Blaire realizes that Laura herself is sending her messages as the comments turn deadly. Soon, the group must play a game of 'Never have I ever' and the loser dies. Dark hidden secrets are revealed as members of the group are slowly being killed in grotesque ways one by one. Has Laura come back from the grave to take her vengeance on those who bullied her? If you want a a new take on found footage and social media horror, I highly recommend UNFRIENDED!!!

Matilda
Matilda
by Roald Dahl
Price: $6.29
216 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!!, May 29, 2015
This review is from: Matilda (Paperback)
Ever since I was a kid, I've loved the film adaptation of Matilda and for some reason, it took me 19 years to finally sit down and read this wonderful book. Now I can spot the differences in the movie. There were quite a few things the movie didn't touch on. In the book, Matilda's telekinetic powers were hardly talked about, and she got them toward the end. In the movie, she had them almost the whole time.

An intelligent little girl named Matilda Wormwood is often ignored at home by her parents who don't care about her. Everyday when her parents leave, she walks to the library to expand her mind and read more books. When her parents really tick her off, that's when she plays pranks like convincing them that a ghost is in the house, or gluing her dad's hat so it won't come off.

When she finally goes to school, she meets a sweet wonderful teacher named Miss Honey. Matilda soon finds out that the school is run by the evil vicious Miss Trunchbull who absolutely hates kids and will lock them up in a room called the Chokey filled with nails on the sides. She forces a kid to eat an entire cake as the whole school watches. Matilda realizes that she must deal with her and stop her before she hurts anymore children. If you're a fan of the movie, or just starting to read children's books, you'll love MATILDA!!!

Paranormal Activity 3 (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)
Paranormal Activity 3 (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)
DVD ~ Katie Featherston
Price: $7.46
115 used & new from $0.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Creepy!!!, May 12, 2015
I've always been against the Paranormal Activity movies, and found footage movies in general. Two years ago, I saw the trailer to 'The Marked Ones' and I was very intrigued, so I eventually bought the whole series to get an idea for what I was in for. Last night, I finally watched P.A. 3 and it was actually not too bad. It definitely had some creepy moments. The rotating camera was a nice touch. It really added suspense. I was hoping for a few more 1980's references but there was a Teddy Ruxpin doll, that's 80's enough, right?

In 2005, Kristi is pregnant and Katie is helping her out by taking a box of some old videos of them and making room for the baby. In 1988, we see a young Katie and Kristi living their lives with their mom and her boyfriend, Dennis, who makes his living by taping Weddings and other occasions. One night, Dennis wants to film himself and Julie during a sex tape, but it's interrupted by an earthquake. Dennis watches the video back and sees some dust landing on an entity inside the house, so he puts cameras everywhere trying to figure out what it is. Kristi begins talking to an 'imaginary' friend named Toby. Every night, things keep getting worse. If you want a creepy found footage ghost story, I would definitely recommend PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20