Profile for Pumpkin Man > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1251

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pumpkin Man RSS Feed

Offered by MightySilver
Price: $20.00
19 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Season of the Witch!!!, April 13, 2015
This review is from: Dark Shadows Collection 5 (DVD)
The 1795 storyline is almost an acquired taste. You have to really be into the story and the characters. Three years ago, this storyline really tested my patience because of certain annoying characters like Abigail Collins and the infamous Reverend Trask. Now, I'm re-watching it, and it has grown on me quite a bit. I can see the beauty and the tragedy in the storyline now. There are some great sets, beautiful imagery, interesting storylines, and some awesomely cheesy moments that make this series so great. This review WILL contain spoilers, so be warned!

After a seance, Victoria Winters is transported back in time to the year 1795, before Barnabas was an evil vampire and about to marry the love of his life, Josette. The family from present time play the family in the past, so Victoria keeps telling them they look like someone she knows. Her actions and words from the modern world get her into trouble when crazy aunt Abigail believes that Vicky is a witch. Barnabas's father, Joshua doesn't believe in witches and allows Vicky to be a Governess to his daughter, Sarah.

Soon, Josette arrives to get ready for the big Wedding, but someone in the house wants to tear them apart. Josette's beautiful maid, Angelique is in love with Barnabas and will do anything to get him, along with the help of her witchy powers. Hearts are broken, and lives are lost. If you love classic gothic soap operas, I'm sure you'll love DARK SHADOWS COLLECTION 5!!!

Wolfcop
Wolfcop
DVD ~ Leo Fafard
Price: $13.99
19 used & new from $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Here Comes the Fuzz!!!, April 3, 2015
This review is from: Wolfcop (DVD)
I waited a year to see this crazy campy flick, and after multiple viewings, I'd say it was definitely worth the wait. It's so cheesy and so crazy that it actually works. It has the right amount of gore, the right amount of action, and the right amount of WolfCop. Officer Lou Garou is probably the worst cop in the department. He's an alcoholic who drinks on the job and hardly gets any work done. One night, he is attacked by members of a Satanic cult and turns into a werewolf when the moon is full. Instead of figuring out how to stop it, Lou embraces his new found powers and patrols the streets as the WolfCop. He stops robberies, meth labs, and must deal with the cult who changed him. If you love cheesy campy B-movies, I highly recommend WOLFCOP!!!

Get Hard
Get Hard
DVD
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Instant Will Ferrell Classic!!!, March 27, 2015
This review is from: Get Hard (Amazon Instant Video)
Will Ferrell has always been one of my favorite comedians, and Kevin Hart has been growing on me the past few years. Both of them together was a laugh riot! I'll admit, it started out a little slow, but got immediately better once they team up on screen. Obviously, this movie isn't trying to win any awards. It is what it is, just a plain ol' funny silly laugh out loud gross-out comedy to enjoy with your friends, so don't judge it too harshly. There are quite a few racist jokes, so if you're easily offended, stay away.

Ferrell stars as James King, a rich businessman who is wrongfully accused of tax evasion. He's given 30 days to get his affairs in order. He soon hires Darnell (Hart) to prep him and get him ready for prison (even though Darnell has never been to prison) What follows are hilarious and awkward situations like faking a prison riot, starting fights with strangers, and much more. If you love Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart, I highly recommend GET HARD!!!

Hot Tub Time Machine 2
Hot Tub Time Machine 2
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Sequel I Waited 5 Long Years To See!!!, February 22, 2015
This review is from: Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (DVD)
I was slightly disappointed with Hot Tub Time Machine 2. It didn't have the same feel/tone like the original had, and it's one of my favorite movies. Although, I am glad they finally made this. The jokes weren't as funny, Chevy Chase was under-used, It also needed John Cusack. This time, they travel into the future (I prefer time-travel to the past better because it makes for funnier and more fish out of water jokes)

It has been a few years since their journey back to 1986 and the gang is successful and rich. Lou is a lot more arrogant and full of himself now. Nick has stolen other musician's music and Jacob is lazing about. After Lou makes a speech at a party about stepping over each other to get what you want, he is shot by an unknown assailant in his genital area. Nick and Jacob decide to take him back into the time traveling hot tub to figure out who did it and stop them, but they end up in 2025. They team up with Adam's son and try to save their present by changing the future. I'll still definitely buy the blu-ray when it's released, but I still much prefer the original. If you love dirty time-traveling sequels, you might enjoy HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2015 8:35 AM PST

John Wick (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
John Wick (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
DVD ~ Keanu Reeves
Price: $21.28
33 used & new from $14.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense and Very Action-Packed!!!, February 15, 2015
This movie was a lot better than I was expecting. It was a no-holds barred shoot-em up action flick from start to finish. This is definitely Keanu's best movie since 'Speed' This review WILL contain spoilers! Reeves stars as John Wick, an ex-hitman who is now back in the game and wants revenge after a mafia boss's son steals his '69 Mustang Mach 1 and kills his dog, a gift from his dead wife. He will hunt down and kill anyone associated with the mob boss, Viggo Tarasov and his arrogant son, Iosef. If you want a brutal awesome shoot em up, I highly recommend JOHN WICK!!!

Halloween: The Complete Collection Limited Deluxe Edition[Blu-ray]
Halloween: The Complete Collection Limited Deluxe Edition[Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jamie Lee Curtis
Price: $86.49
34 used & new from $75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Collection That Every Halloween Fan Can't Live Without!!!, February 9, 2015
I've been a huge Halloween fanatic ever since I was 8 years old, and I was ecstatic when Scream Factory announced they were releasing the entire series together in one box set. At first, I thought it was too good to be true because of rights issues, but they pulled off the impossible. The movies look great and crisp and clear all on blu-ray. They even released the long boot-legged Halloween 6 Producer's Cut which looks absolutely fantastic, if you've only seen it on a crummy boot-leg dvd. All the movies are in individual black blu-ray cases with the original posters as the cover art. There is even a special disc in the end along with Rob Zombie's Halloween II. Packed with interviews, making of, tv cut of the original, and much more. You may have audio sync issues with the Halloween 4 disc. If so, notify Scream Factory about that. My only problem is that this does not include the theatrical versions of Rob Zombie's Halloween films, just unrated. If you prefer the theatrical cuts, keep your dvds of those. These reviews WILL contain spoilers for those who've never seen the series.

Halloween- I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this film! In my opinion, HALLOWEEN is without a doubt, one of the best horror movies ever made! I love everything about it! I love that it takes place on HALLOWEEN! I love all the characters; especially Michael Myers, Dr. Loomis, and Laurie Strode. I love the mood and atmosphere! It has a classic horror story of a psychopath breaking out of Smith's Grove Sanitarium the night before HALLOWEEN and the next day, returns to Haddonfield, Illinois and goes on a rampage and stalks three friends named Laurie, Annie, and Lynda. Dr. Loomis tries to stop Michael from killing anyone, but it's already too late. Laurie is babysitting Tommy Doyle, and next door, Annie is babysitting Lindsey Wallace. Michael waits patiently to make his move. I love Michael's mask! It's freakin' awesome! Will Laurie survive the dark, bloody HALLOWEEN night? If you love classic horror, I highly recommend HALLOWEEN!!!!

Halloween II- I love this sequel! I just love how it takes place right after the original ended! Michael has been shot six times by Dr. Loomis, but he gets up and walks away! Loomis continues his hunt and Laurie Strode is taken to Haddonfield Memorial Hospital. Michael stalks the hospital in search for Laurie. Loomis finds out something about Michael that he NEVER knew. I love the showdown at the ending with Michael, Loomis, and Laurie. HALLOWEEN II is a treat for any and all fans of HALLOWEEN, horror, and slashers! I highly recommend HALLOWEEN II!!!

Halloween III: Season of the Witch- Since 1998, I've been a big hard-core HALLOWEEN fan! I love HALLOWEEN III. People just hate it, because Michael Myers is not in it...SO WHAT!!! A little temporary change never hurts anyone. I love the storyline with the warlock named Cochran making HALLOWEEN masks out of Stonehenge. I love the "Happy happy HALLOWEEN" song and Cochran's speech to Dan about the Celts and how HALLOWEEN was 3,000 years ago. I really appreciate this "sequel" yes, I called it a sequel, because it's called HALLOWEEN III!!! Another part I love is what happens to Little Buddy Kupfer when he watches the commercial and his head turns into snakes and bugs. The last part I love is the ending, it keeps you in suspense. This classic film earns the right to be called "HALLOWEEN III"

Although Michael Myers, Dr. Loomis, and Laurie Strode have been taken out, this is 100% really good HALLOWEEN material. It starts off with a man named Harry Grimbridge trying to run away from some men in business suits. In his hand, he's grasping on to a Silver Shamrock HALLOWEEN Pumpkin mask. Later, he passes out and taken to the hospital by the filling station attendant named Walter Jones. Later in the night, Harry is murdered by one of the business man. Dr. Daniel Challis wants to investigate why he was murdered. Dan has a bad relationship with his ex-wife, who is played by the actress that played Annie in original HALLOWEEN. Dan hardly spends any time with his kids. Dan and the murdered man's daughter; Ellie Grimbridge make a plan and go to Santa Mira where the Silver Shamrock company is. (For some reason, I love the scene at the bar when Dan is drinking beer and that silly cartoon is on, then the original Halloween plays.) Conal Cochran is the boss, and Dan finds out that Conal is a warlock who plans to use the popular masks as a way to kill all the children on HALLOWEEN. Dan must stop it from happening. This really is a classic in its own way. I highly recommend HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH!!!

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers- This sequel returns to the basics of the Halloween series. Everybody cried that Michael was gone, so they brought him back. Six years after Dr. Challis stopped Cochran and the evil Silver Shamrock masks, we return to Michael Myers, who has been in a coma ever since the fire in the hospital. While being transferred, he overhears that Laurie Strode had a daughter named Jamie Lloyd, so he awakens and goes back to Haddonfield and tries to kill her. Hot on his trail is Dr. Loomis, who also survived the explosion in the hospital. Jamie has been adopted by the Carruthers family and must be protected by Rachel. On Halloween night, Jamie and Rachel are trapped inside the Sheriff's house with Michael locked in. This movie has some beautiful Autumn scenery. If you love the series, you'll definitely enjoy HALLOWEEN 4: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS!!!

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers- I love almost all the Halloween films, but this one goes a little downhill for me. One year after stabbing her foster mother, Jamie Lloyd has been taken to a children's hospital. Since Jamie touched Michael's hand, she exhibits signs of a telepathic link with her Uncle Michael. On Halloween, Michael returns to Haddonfield to finish what he started last year. Rachel, Tina, Mikey, Spitz, and Sammy become Michael's new targets at a Halloween party as he tries to find Jamie. I love the scene when Michael is chasing Jamie, Billy, and Tina through the cornfields with the car! Donald Pleasence is back playing the awesome Dr. Loomis who tries to hunt Michael throughout the Halloween night at all costs. Later, Loomis takes Jamie to the Myers house. I love scenes of the police and S.W.A.T. team stakeout at Michael's house. That's pretty cool. Loomis tries to reason with Michael one last time before the showdown. Loomis uses Jamie as bait to trap Michael. When Loomis finally stops Michael, he is taken to the police station, so that the U.S. National Guard will take Michael to a maximum-security prison until he dies, but something bad happens. What happens? You'll just have to watch! If you love the Halloween series, maybe you'll love HALLOWEEN 5: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS!!!

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers- This is where things get weird. The 6th film in the franchise tries to explain why Michael is the way he is. He's being controlled by a cult who gives him the Thorn curse. (The Producer's Cut is a much better film if you want to make any sense out of it. The theatrical version is too watered down and difficult to understand at times) Tommy Doyle is back, and he fears for the people living in the Myers house, who happen to be related to the Strode family. When Jamie Lloyd is found dead and her newborn baby turns up, Dr. Loomis comes out of retirement to try to find and kill Michael for one final time. He teams up with Tommy and Kara Strode. Dr. Loomis is baffled when he comes face-to-face with the man who has been controlling Michael all these years. This film is a lot better than part 5. I highly recommend HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS!!!

Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later- I remember being 8 years old and seeing it at the theater. 20 years after Michael tried to kill Laurie Strode, he soon decides to try again. She lives under the name of Keri Tate. She has a son named John. She works as a head mistress at a private boarding school in Northern California. She has a boyfriend. Soon, Michael tears her life up again. She soon decides to fight back and finish her brother off once and for all...until the sequel. If you love the Halloween series, you'll love HALLOWEEN H20: TWENTY YEARS LATER!!!

Halloween Resurrection- As a hard-core Hallowee fan, I feel like I'm the only one who truly loves this awesome sequel! I love the plot, the setting, and the mood in the film! Michael finally finishes off his sister, Laurie Strode, which kinda sucked. One year has passed and Freddie Harris starts a new website called DangerTainment and six lucky people win a chance to be in it, and the location is Michael Myers' childhood home. I love that the house looks just like the original house. Sara, Rudy, Jen, Bill, Donna, and Jim are the winners, and they meet Freddie and Nora for their interviews. Meanwhile, across town, Myles 'Deckard' Barton is watching Sara do her interview, because he is interested in her and has been helping her with internet stuff. on Halloween, they all go to the Myers house, and broadcast live on the Internet for millions of people to watch. No one can leave until the show is over, so they are all locked in. Little do they know, Michael is back and doesn't like uninvited guests. At a college Halloween party, Myles 'Deckard' is watching the show, and when Michael shows up, Myles believes that the people are actually being killed, but no one else at the party does until Sara is the last one alive and calls Myles for help to tell her where Michael is at. Freddie finds Sara and realizes what is happening. Most people hate that Busta Rhymes karate-chops Michael, but I have no problem at all with it! Later, in the garage, Sara has been knocked on the ground with some heavy equipment on her, and Michael is coming to kill her, then Freddie knocks the door down, and says "Trick or treat, motherfu#*er!" to Michael because he thought he killed Freddie. If you love sequels, horror, the internet, and the Halloween series, you'll love HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION!!!

Rob Zombie's Halloween- I personally loved this remake! It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I saw this the first day it came out. I couldn't possibly wait another day. I loved the beginning showing Michael, his mom; Deborah, Judith, baby Laurie, and Deborah's boyfriend; Ronnie White. I loved how we meet Dr. Loomis. I love the scenes at Smith's Grove Sanitarium. I love how Michael breaks out. (NOT the unrated version of how he breaks out!) I love how Michael gets his clothes from Big Joe Grizzley. I love when they show Michael putting his infamous mask on and they play the Halloween music! I love it when Laurie finally meets Michael at the Wallace house, I loved it when Dr. Loomis tries to kill Michael. I especially loved the ending. To me, Rob Zombie's Halloween is just as good as John Carpenter's classic! Halloween begins in Haddonfield, Illinois on October 31st in the morning. Michael is 'playing' with his rat. We see how it is in his house with the white-trash Ronnie White, his mom and sister. During school, he gets in a fight and Dr. Loomis sees that he is at the early stage of becoming a psychopath. On Halloween night while Deborah Myers is at the Rabbit In Red Lounge stripping, Michael kills Judith, her boyfriend, and Ronnie. He is transferred to Smith's Grove Sanitarium. During his years there, Dr. Loomis tries to help him, but he gets a lot worse, and I really feel sorry for Deborah when she realizes what a monster her son has become. 15 years later, Michael escapes and goes back to Haddonfield on Halloween. Throughout the day, Laurie Strode, Annie Brackett, and Lynda see Michael stalking them. When Laurie babysits Tommy Doyle, Annie makes Laurie watch Lindsey Wallace also. While Annie and her boyfriend, Paul are having sex, Michael strikes again, and waits for Laurie. Laurie finds Annie bloody, so she calls the police. Sheriff Brackett and Dr. Loomis hurry to the rescue, but Michael has already captured Laurie and taken her back to the Myers house. Will Laurie escape? Will Dr. Loomis find her in time? You gotta watch the movie to find out! If you love horror, remakes, and Rob Zombie's work, you'll love HALLOWEEN!!!

Rob Zombie's Halloween II- I had waited a long time for this movie, and it was definitely worth the wait! HALLOWEEN II was awesome! I loved every minute of it! I have been a fan of the HALLOWEEN series ever since I was eight years old, and this film was everything a Halloween fan would love and more! Michael Myers is back with a vengeance and he's more brutal and violent than ever! Rob Zombie did an awesome job at directing his newest masterpiece! This is the trippiest Halloween yet. I loved the amazing details of the dreams and hallucinations that Michael and Laurie both had. I love when Michael attacks at The Rabbit in Red Lounge. I love all the decorations and costumes at Haddonfield's 4th Annual Phantom Jam. I love the police standoff toward the end when Michael is holding Laurie hostage. Everybody did an amazing job! (I think I still prefer the theatrical version. In the unrated, Laurie is too bi-polar and makes us hate her. I love the original ending the best, too)

A year after the HALLOWEEN massacre, Laurie Strode lives with Leigh and Annie Brackett and is an absolute mess, does drugs, and slowly descending into madness. Dr. Loomis has written a new book and becomes more of a spoiled celebrity. Michael is still alive and sees images of his beautiful mother as a ghost, and the younger version of himself. Deborah tells Michael that he needs to kill Laurie so they will become a family again. When Laurie finds out the truth about who she really is, she doesn't care about anything anymore, so she heads off to the Phantom Jam. After partying with Harley and Mya, Michael comes after Laurie once again to have the ultimate family reunion, because family is forever. Will Laurie put an end to Michael's reign of terror once and for all? If you love the Halloween series, and Rob Zombie's directing style, I highly recommend HALLOWEEN II !!!

It was announced tonight that Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan, who wrote some of the Saw films (Saw IV to VII, specifically) and directed the Collector movies are writing the next Halloween film. I'm very excited about that, and I hope they do a great job. If you're a major big-time Halloween fan like me, I highly recommend HALLOWEEN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2015 7:38 PM PDT

The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the Whole Family!!!, February 6, 2015
I've always been a fan of Spongebob ever since I was a kid. The series premiered when I was nine years old, and I'm surprised he's still going strong after all these years with 10 seasons and now 2 movies. This review will contain spoilers! This movie isn't really a 'sequel' to the 2004 movie. It can stand on its own. It's about even with the first film, but this one has better and more recent jokes, and a lot more action, especially in the real world. Antonio Banderas was a trooper to appear in such a kid's film. I know he was in 'Spy Kids' but he seems to be making more adult-themed movies nowadays. I applaud him for playing such a silly Pirate named Burger Beard.

Burger Beard the Pirate searches for a magical book that can make whatever is written in it come true. While Spongebob fights Plankton yet again, the Krabby Patty secret formula vanishes into thin air without a trace. The town goes crazy and assumes Spongebob is in cahoots with Plankton. They reluctantly team up to build a time machine. (Half the movie felt like it should've been called 'Sponge Out of Time' because of the time-traveling. It takes a little while for him and his friends to invade the real world) Spongebob, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Squidward, and Plankton soon come to our world and with the help of a magic page from the book, they all become mighty and muscular superheroes and try to stop Burger Beard. The action and fighting scenes were great. This movie really appealed to my inner child, and if you've grown up watching the series or your children love the show, you'll all love it. It's great fun for everyone. I highly recommend THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE: SPONGE OUT OF WATER!!!

Mortdecai [Blu-ray]
Mortdecai [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Paul Bettany
Price: $14.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Awkwardly Funny!!!, February 4, 2015
This review is from: Mortdecai [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I was trying to decide whether to watch this or The Wedding Ringer, but all my friends kept telling me to watch this because it has Johnny Depp in it. Not even three minutes into the movie, I was already regretting it. The last time I felt like this was when I saw Adam Sandler's 'Jack & Jill' but as the movie went on, it became so dumb, that I couldn't help but laugh. Maybe a 'so bad it's good' type movie. Literally half the jokes in the movie are about Mortdecai's ridiculous mustache, and you'll probably laugh at how silly Depp's accent is.

When an artist is killed, and the painting is taken, Inspector Alistair Martland (Ewan McGregor) asks Charlie Mortdecai to help him with the case. The painting is believed to hold secret ink that contains a code that leads to lost Nazi gold. Mortdecai bumbles along while his tough servant does most of the hard work. Meanwhile, Alistair wants to have an affair with Mortdecai's wife (Gwyneth Paltrow) because she's grossed out by her husband's mustache. If you want a silly awkward comedy with off the wall jokes, you might enjoy MORTDECAI!!!

Last Showing
Last Showing
DVD ~ Robert Englund
Price: $9.96
41 used & new from $3.46

3.0 out of 5 stars The Last Showing Review!, January 28, 2015
This review is from: Last Showing (DVD)
Length:: 5:42 Mins

This is my video review on 'The Last Showing' starring Robert Englund. I make videos on Youtube under the name 'Pumpkinman4ever' if you want to check out my other videos! THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

The Interview (Blu-ray + UltraViolet)
The Interview (Blu-ray + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ James Franco
Price: $9.96
66 used & new from $4.34

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hilarious Controversial Film Destined to Ignite 'World War 3'!!!, January 22, 2015
My friends and I all got together earlier and watched this amazing film. I thought it was great. Definitely my kind of humor. There was never a dull moment. There were tons of jokes that I thought were so hilarious, that I cracked up most of the film. It was controversial, funny, had a decent amount of action, pretty much everything I look for in a movie. It's a darn shame that Kim Jong-un is being a drama queen and forced this instant classic to be taken out of theaters. It definitely deserves more recognition, and I hope it finds its audience on dvd.

James Franco and Seth Rogen star as Dave Skylark and Aaron Rapoport. Dave is the host of the talk show Skylark Tonight, interviewing celebrities and getting the latest gossip. After reaching their 1,000th episode, they hear that North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un is a fan and wants to be interviewed on the show, but only in North Korea. Dave and Aaron are soon approached by the CIA and want them to assassinate the supreme leader of North Korea. What follows is a hilarious romp from start to finish that's destined to become a cult classic and nuke your funny bone. With all my heart, I would highly recommend THE INTERVIEW!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20