Profile for Pumpkin Man > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1221

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pumpkin Man RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Walking Dead: Season 4 [Blu-ray]
The Walking Dead: Season 4 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Scott M. Gimple
Offered by Warehouse Deals 4 Less
Price: $39.08
16 used & new from $33.33

5.0 out of 5 stars All Roads Lead to Terminus!!! (Those Who Arrive, Survive), September 1, 2014
I absolutely love this show, but I think season 4 is the weakest yet. This review will contain some spoilers. After re-watching it on blu-ray, it kinda grew on me. I'll just say that episodes 8 and 16 are the best. This season deals with redemption and survival. The first 5 episodes deal with a flu virus going around in the prison and trying to overcome it. (The flu virus ordeal is kinda slow and slows the season down like a soap opera) Episodes 6,7, and 8 deal with the return of the Governor and his new rise to power. Episodes 9-15 are pretty weak because all the characters are by themselves and not with the whole group. New characters from the comic appear like Abraham Ford, Eugene Porter and Rosita. Who will live and who will die? If you're addicted to this show, I would definitely recommend THE WALKING DEAD: SEASON 4!!!

Rear Window (Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet)
Rear Window (Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet)
DVD ~ James Stewart
Price: $10.49
18 used & new from $8.08

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Classic and Suspenseful Film!!!, August 19, 2014
This movie was much better than I was expecting. I always see my dad watching this on tv, so I finally decided to sit down and watch it in its entirety. It has a great story and fantastic suspense. They keep it simple. James Stewart stars as a photographer named L.B. "Jeff" Jefferies, who is confined to a wheelchair after breaking his leg. When he's bored, he begins to stare out the window and see how other people live their lives. One night, he hears a woman scream, and mysteriously disappears the next day. He's convinced that Lars Thorwald, played by Raymond Burr, killed his wife, but he needs proof. I would definitely recommend REAR WINDOW!!!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
DVD ~ Megan Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars Ninja Turtles For the New Generation!!!, August 10, 2014
I'm not really what you'd call a TMNT fan. Of course I've seen all the movies and I still have my SNES Turtles in Time game, but I've never watched the 80's cartoons, or read the comics. I understand they slightly changed the mythology, but I really enjoyed this movie, probably better than I was expecting. They tried to make it funny and hip by adding pop culture references and having Michelangelo be in love with April O'Neil. Shredder's suit has been extremely updated by adding knives and swords that retract back after he throws them. Other than Will Arnett's character and Whoopi Goldberg's character mocking the idea, the movie takes itself pretty seriously with the idea of ninja turtles fighting and protecting New York from Shredder and the Foot Clan. It has great action, has a lightly dark tone, but makes up for it with comic relief and one-liners by the turtles. If you grew up with the cartoon series or love the concept, you'll love TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!!!

22 Jump Street
22 Jump Street
Price: $14.41
31 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Ready to Jump....Down on Jump Street!!!, July 30, 2014
This review is from: 22 Jump Street (Audio CD)
I only bought this CD only because of the awesome 22 Jump Street song they play at the end of the movie. It's a great song and a good update from the original show. I could listen to it all day. I highly recommend the 22 JUMP STREET SOUNDTRACK!!!

Season of the Witch [Blu-ray]
Season of the Witch [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Nicolas Cage
Price: $12.98
67 used & new from $2.97

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good B-Movie To Watch Around Halloween!!!, July 29, 2014
This movie was much better than I was expecting. One thing I loved about it was the gothic imagery and lighting. It had a very decent storyline and good creature effects. Nicholas Cage stars as a 14th century knight named Behmen who takes part in the crusades along with his friend, Felson, played by Ron Perlman. They are soon arrested for being deserters and thrown in prison. Behmen and Felson are forced to take a woman to a remote monastery who is accused of witchcraft and starting the Black Plague. They all play a deadly night of cat-and-mouse trying to figure out if she's really a witch, or innocent, or something worse. If you want a decent witch film, I would recommend SEASON OF THE WITCH!!!

Under the Dome: Season 1
Under the Dome: Season 1
DVD ~ Mike Vogel
Offered by Sonalo
78 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A Highly Entertaining & Addicting Series!!!, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Under the Dome: Season 1 (DVD)
This show definitely caught my attention last summer. It is very interesting and makes you wanna know what happens next. Everytime I watch an episode, I lose track of time and it's over. You have intriguing characters like Dale 'Barbie' Barbara, a mysterious man who is burying a body right before the dome comes down over Chester's Mill. You have Big Jim Rennie, a town councilman who is very corrupt and tries to control the town and take advantage of the situation. Julia Shumway is a news reporter who teams up with Barbie and tries to figure out where the dome came from and why it's there. The teenagers, Joe, Norrie, Angie, and Junior find a mini-dome who think it controls the main dome. The residents begin to get restless when supplies go short and water is scarce, but Barbie helps out with the local police and tries to offer his assistance. These 13 episodes are very entertaining and I hope this show lasts awhile because Stephen King's book is mammoth! I highly recommend UNDER THE DOME: SEASON ONE!!!

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
by Washington Irving
Price: $6.29
37 used & new from $1.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Live Up to the Hype!!!, July 19, 2014
I was pretty disappointed with this book. I mostly wanted to read it because I'm in love with FOX's new Sleepy Hollow tv show. I just wanted to read the source material it was based on, but it was pretty lame. Ichabod is a nerdy teacher who loves food that has a crush on Katrina. Abraham Van Brunt wants her, too but Ichabod is afraid to face him. After a big party, the Headless Horseman randomly begins to chase Ichabod. The ending was pretty rushed and confusing. Read this once around Halloween, then never read it again. I wouldn't recommend THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW!!!

21 Jump Street: The Complete Series
21 Jump Street: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Johnny Depp
Price: $23.11
36 used & new from $16.61

4.0 out of 5 stars An Entertaining Cop Drama That Plays Like an After-School Special!!, July 19, 2014
After seeing the 2012 movie adaptation with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, I wanted to go back and watch the series it was based on. During the middle of season 2, I lost interest and set it aside until the 2014 sequel, 22 Jump Street came out, so I decided to pick up where I left off. I'd say the first 3 seasons are the best. Season 5 is almost unwatchable. It really goes downhill after Johnny Depp leaves. (I understand Depp hated being on the show and tried like crazy to get kicked off. It was cool that he, Peter DeLuise, and Holly Robinson returned to the movie for cameos. In my eyes, the movie is a sequel to this series)

25 years before Schmidt and Jenko entered Jump Street, there was Tom Hanson, Doug Penhall, Judy Hoffs, H.T. Ioki, and Booker. For the majority of the series, they go undercover in high school, posing as students and bust drug dealers, rapists and murderers. Other times, they go undercover in different places trying to infiltrate a gang or just trying to protect themselves from vengeful mobsters. If you loved the 2012 movie or early cop dramas, you might enjoy 21 JUMP STREET: THE COMPLETE SERIES!!!

Sleepy Hollow Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Sleepy Hollow Season 1 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Orlando Jones
10 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautifully Constructed New Show That'll Make You Lose Your Head!!!, July 17, 2014
I absolutely love this show! I fell in love with the pilot episode and was instantly hooked. It has everything I love; suspense, horror, gothic imagery, fish-out-of-water comedy, time-travel, creative monsters, characters I care for and much more. 13 highly entertaining episodes you'll wanna see again and again (especially during the Fall season) This review will contain spoilers!

The series is a tribute to Washington Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, only the show is much better than the book. Tom Mison is fascinating to watch as Ichabod Crane, a soldier in the Colonial Army that is resurrected in present day time who must help Lieutenant Abbie Mills fight the Headless Horseman and other demonic creatures. (It's hilarious to watch the character of Ichabod react to modern day technology and speak with 1780's dialog.) Of course not all episodes deal with the Headless Horseman. It turns into a 'monster-of-the-week' kinda show, but I promise it doesn't take away from the fun. There is one episode that deals with the Horseman's backstory that'll leave you shocked. I can't speak highly enough of this show. I can't wait to buy the Blu-Ray and look forward to the 18 episode second season. I definitely recommend SLEEPY HOLLOW: SEASON ONE!!!

Dark Shadows: The Beginning Collection 4
Dark Shadows: The Beginning Collection 4
DVD ~ Dark Shadows: The Beginning
Offered by American_Standard
Price: $19.99
32 used & new from $16.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Rise of the Phoenix!!!, July 16, 2014
These beginning episodes were great and addicting. Filled with gothic imagery and suspense. It's a shame that people skip these episodes to get to Barnabas. I've gone back and re-watched these and they're much better the 2nd time around. This review will contain spoilers. Vicky has been taken hostage by Matthew Morgan and receives help from Roger and Burke. Burke Devlin is one of my favorite characters because he's so charming, yet conniving. Pretty soon, Laura Collins returns to Collinsport to bring trouble for the Collins family. (Laura is the wife of Roger and mother to David) Laura wants to take David away, but Liz refuses. Meanwhile, Sam Evans begins drawing a grotesque painting of Laura surrounded by fire, but he has no reason why he's painting it. If you love this gothic soap, I highly recommend DARK SHADOWS: THE BEGINNING COLLECTION 4!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20