Profile for Sol goode > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sol goode RSS Feed

Canidae Dry Dog Food, Chicken Meal and Rice Formula, 30-Pound Bag
Canidae Dry Dog Food, Chicken Meal and Rice Formula, 30-Pound Bag
Price: $38.47
21 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog allergic to Chicken, January 25, 2014
This is the second bag of Canidae that I've purchased for my Doxie and Collie mix. Unfortunately, I've confirmed that my Collie is allergic to dog foods with chicken products in it, which is the only reason I gave this one 4 stars instead of 5. However, both did very well on the first bag which was either a beef or lamb-based product. I intend to keep buying Canidae.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, March 20, 2013
Update to my original review (see below).

My "MacBook" power chord only survived 2 months. I am going to try returning it to the company. Fingers crossed...Based on the countless similar complaints on this site, it seems to me that you are gambling with your money and time if you buy this product.

Original:

Although it's an after-market product, this power adapter looks more or less just like an original mac power adapter. I only notice two things, 1) the chord is a smoother surface (original mac chords have a softer, more textured feel) and 2) when I connect my extension chord to the adapter, the junction isn't 100% perfect. Neither of these things, however, affects the functioning of the product in any way. I just want to give you an idea of what to expect. I have no problems with the product. It arrived super fast, and it has been great to have a spare adapter so that I can carry one to campus and leave the other at my desk ready to go when it's time to study. More importantly, at almost half the cost of an original, the decision is really easy.

Giro Indicator Bike Helmet (White/Silver Explosion, Universal Fit)
Giro Indicator Bike Helmet (White/Silver Explosion, Universal Fit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and Comfortable, February 17, 2013
I like this helmet a lot. It's good looking, helps keep my head warm in the colder months (of course, LA never gets THAT cold), and keeps me cool and shaded in the summer months. I liked this helmet so much that when my first one got kidnapped, I went immediately back to Amazon to get another. I like that the white adds a layer of visibility. Fortunately, I have not been tossed from my bike yet (and I have no future plans in this direction), so I am unable to comment one how well it holds up in an accident.

Tourists and Tourism: A Reader
Tourists and Tourism: A Reader
by Sharon Gmelch
Price: $39.98
20 used & new from $25.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended, September 26, 2010
This reader presents chapters by the biggest names in the field and covers key concepts. the readings are all interesting and accessible to grads and undergrads alike.

Bracketron LTM-204-BX Netbook Cooling Stand
Bracketron LTM-204-BX Netbook Cooling Stand

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, September 26, 2010
Unfortunately, I bought this product in haste and didn't realize it was for the tiny little netbooks that have become popular recently. Regardless, the product seems really cheap, especially for the prices that sellers want ($15-25). I wouldn't expect the fan to last very long at all.

Yakima KingJoe 2-Bike Trunk Rack
Yakima KingJoe 2-Bike Trunk Rack
Price: $113.64
52 used & new from $98.87

4.0 out of 5 stars More or less pleased, September 26, 2010
Update to my original post: I have now had this rack for two years, and I am very happy with it. The rubber straps have loosened up, so I can pop them on and off my bike fairly easily.

So far this bike rack does the job I need it to do and I can live with the cons.
Pros:

1. Once you have gone through the initial hassle of fitting the rack to your car, it is easily removed and replaced.
2. It is fairly compact and light.
3. The arms can be folded down when the rack is not in use, which seems safer to me. I don't like the idea of having two metal rods protruding from the back of my car, so this gives me peace of mind.
4. It stays in place and doesn't move around. This helps prevent the grips of the bike rack from damaging your car's paint job.
5. It's pretty versatile and can be used on most cars, including hatchbacks and cars with a rear spoiler (like mine).

Cons:
1. I was told at a bike shop that it was easy to set up, but I beg to differ. I am fairly good at putting these kinds of things together, but for this job, I had to call on a friend. We both scratched our heads for a while, but slowly he started to figure out the directions. It took us about an hour to set it up from start to finish.
2. The bike is fastened onto the rack by stretching one of the holes in a rubber strap over a roundish plastic piece. It can be difficult to do this, especially when it is a little chilly and your fingers are numb and the strap has less give. Something that buckles or snaps into place would probably have been preferable. I would imagine that over time the rubber will weaken, but I have only had the rack for a month, so I am not sure.
3. A thief can easily remove the straps from the car and abscond with the bike and or rack. This rack may not be the way to go if you live in an area where things tend to disappear.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2012 9:35 AM PST