Profile for E. Kim > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 171

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Kim RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Maxi Cosi Rodi AP Booster Car Seat, Steel Grey
Maxi Cosi Rodi AP Booster Car Seat, Steel Grey
Price: $159.99
10 used & new from $159.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you don't mind lack of LATCH straps, November 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Good booster seat if the lack of LATCH straps are acceptable to you. I have several Britax Parkway SGL with dual LATCH straps and find it less convenient having seats without them.

The lack of LATCH straps do not affect safety at all and are really just there to prevent the seat from falling off when a child is not seat belted in them, but they're convenient.

Aesthetically, these seats have a nice form, they look high tech and contemporary in the photos, but in actuality, they look ... "Frumpy" in person. The fabrics is a type of soft, cotton like fabric that is quite loose with wrinkles and folds along its contoured form. This gives it a less contemporary and more like a seat covered with a jersey cotton shirt look.

It's a good seat, but I really prefer the Britax Parkway "SGL" version with dual LATCH straps.

Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer with Scanner and Copier
Offered by Blizzard LLC
Price: $166.00
24 used & new from $131.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my HP 8600 Plus, November 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used to have separate scanners, black and white laser printers, photo printers, and even analog photocopiers because until recently, multifunction devices were too compromised.

When I bought my HP 8600 Plus, I was very happy with the improved performance, including perks like WiFi and Apple AirPrint capability with the newer gen of lower cost per page inkjet tech, but the software or firmware of the HP was terrible. The printer would freeze frequently.

So far, this Epson is just as great as the HP. The WiFi connection works well, as does AirPrint.

The print quality is top notch and the 500 sheet capacity is great.

I think multi functions have come a long way but are so software driven, that compatibility with specific networks and mobile device printing drivers/systems that what works for me may not work for you.

On my system of Macs, iPads, iPhones, and AirPort Extreme (current vertical block shape) the Epson works great.

I like this more than my HP 8600 Plus

Factory-Reconditioned SKIL 5380-01-RT 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
Factory-Reconditioned SKIL 5380-01-RT 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $36.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Both saws arrived looking like they have been heavily used, have inconsistent angles of cuts, August 24, 2014
I ordered two of these saws and both arrived looking like they have been heavily used. They do not look like all other items I have ever purchased from other manufacturers in which "factory refurbished" usually meant the exterior casing was repaired or replaced to look like new although with old internals.

Both saws had banged up plates, cords and casing with some remnants of sawdust. They look like they were used heavily.

The main issue is that I could not easily achieve 90 degree cuts consistently even after adjusting the plate. There is a kind of flex in the parts that don't allow consistency even after making adjustments with pliers to bent the adjustment tab.

The power is decent for 15/32" plywood if one cuts very slowly. The saw will get caught up easily if one tries to cut faster than 2 seconds per inch (for 15/32" plywood). This is even after tightening the clutch torque safety nut on the blade.

PROS
1. Cheap
2. Cuts 15/32" plywood (albeit slowly)

CONS
1. Factory refurbished for Skil evidently means a visibly used saw without exterior reconditioning
2. Too much flex in plate to allow consistent right angle and angled cuts
3. Too weak for those who want to cut faster than a minimum type speed
4. No power indicator light like on the Skil 5480 and 5580 models

Huggies Little Movers Diapers, Size 5, 96 Count
Huggies Little Movers Diapers, Size 5, 96 Count
Price: $31.49
2 used & new from $31.49

5.0 out of 5 stars There is a nice texture that prevents the diaper from sliding around much ..., August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
PROS
1. Compared to Costco diapers, these feel subjectively thinner and easier to put on to my newborn. I'm more sure of the fit because it is not as fluffy feeling as other diapers and I can tell where the diaper legging and waist areas are and how much tension is against the skin easier.
2. The closure straps are significantly easier, faster to apply and remove. The Costco diapers have their flaps folded twice which at night time makes for an extra second to find and sometimes untwirl the straps before being able to unpeel them. Then once the Costco straps are on, they apply so tightly up to the very edge, that in the dark using only our sense of touch, it can be hard to find the strap edges to unpeel them. These Pampers have the adhering portion end about 2-3 mm short of the edge so that there is an edge that can can be felt and grabbed to removed. The edge also has a saw tooth cut pattern so your fingertips can feel that difference against the rest of the diaper at night.
3. There is a nice texture that prevents the diaper from sliding around much during placement if the new diaper. Sometimes with other diapers, after I place the new diaper under the baby, then grab the front portion to pull up, the diaper slides up and too far to the front easily because the diaper is very slippery. This pampers diaper has a texture that gives more grip to the baby during changes.
4. No leaks

CONS
1. No color change indicator for urine which is found on competitor diapers

CONCLUSION
I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews but there are a lot of variables involved in a diaper fit, like buying pants for an adult. All babies are different in body type and parents have slightly different techniques which might make som designs better suited. This diaper is the best I've used for now my 3rd child and I previously did no care too much about diaper brands.

Kensington Black Belt 2nd Degree Rugged Case for iPad Air (K97079WW)
Kensington Black Belt 2nd Degree Rugged Case for iPad Air (K97079WW)
Price: Click here to see our price
46 used & new from $37.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra rugged case perfect for in the field work or commercial use, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
PROS
1. Extremely rugged, ultra thick case designed not for the occasional drop, but for those who will regularly drop their iPads onto pavement
2. High quality feel to material (this is not silicone)
3. Nicely protruding buttons on case function well
4. Stylish in an overly engineered rugged manner
5. Does not have a cover! Allows instant rapid access
6. Hand strap to be used those doing field work often or for long hours

CONS
Although I do not want a cover to allow rapid access to the iPad, some may prefer a cover.

NOTE
The "1st Degree" version of this case is thinner without a hand strap. I prefer that thinner version as i usually only carry or use my iPad in the field seldomly. my iPad is usually on a desk or mount, so i usually need a case for rare drops during transport. This 2nd Degree one looks to be better for commercial use. I think somebody who uses an iPad for deliveries or "in the field" work requiring hours of iPad use without a desk to benefit from the wrist strap of this 2nd Degree version.

This is a great case for those who use their iPads continuously on the go without support who regularly expect to drop their iPads.

BlackBelt 1st Degree Rugged Case for iPad Air (Red)
BlackBelt 1st Degree Rugged Case for iPad Air (Red)
Price: $19.99
57 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra rugged case for those who don't need a cover, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
PROS
1. Rugged, thick case to easily handle drops
2. High quality feel to material (this is not silicone)
3. Nicely protruding buttons on case function well
4. Stylish in an overly engineered rugged manner
5. Does not have a cover! Allows me to access my iPad as it was designed without a cover to impede access. Allows me to fit into my Arkon car iPad mount.

NOTE
The "2nd Degree" version of this case is even thicker with a hand strap. I prefer this version as iit is thinner. The 2nd Degree one looks to be better for commercial use. I think somebody who uses an iPad for deliveries or "in the field" work would benefit from the wrist strap of the other version.

This is by far my favorite iPad case out of the 8 cases I own.

Acme Westcott iPoint USB Pencil Sharpener, Black (15912)
Acme Westcott iPoint USB Pencil Sharpener, Black (15912)
Price: $14.40
8 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Underpowered but still a cool sharpener for USB, May 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I own two other Wescott pencil sharpeners that are really well designed and powerful. This USB powered one is no match in terms of its significantly weaker sharpening power, but I seem to have an affinity for USB powered devices and I still enjoy this sharpener as much as anybody could enjoy a sharpener. I have young children and so I need multiple pencil sharpeners, electric and manual. This USB one has its uses but I like it mostly for its novelty.

Panavise PortaGrip Phone Holder with Windshield Mount
Panavise PortaGrip Phone Holder with Windshield Mount
Price: $26.30
39 used & new from $21.10

5.0 out of 5 stars High adjustable with powerful suction and movable side arms, May 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This cradle has a high powered suction cup that one uses with a twist mechanism. Mather side arms are also adjustable vertically so as not to block a phones button controls. The bottom phone support is minimal and rotates to help create space for cables. It is a well made product, but one may find the arm somewhat short depending on the windshield and car design.

Philips AVENT Drying Rack
Philips AVENT Drying Rack
Price: $16.40
14 used & new from $12.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking and functional, May 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have several of the circular two tiered drying racks which have always been very functional drying racks. This rack is larger than I expected from the two Amazon photos and surprisingly stronger than I expected. There is a little more style than function in this design than the plain but functional flat, platter systems, but it still functions very well.

Sport-Brella Versa-Brella All Position Umbrella with Universal Clamp, Midnight Blue
Price: $19.99
7 used & new from $17.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient sun shade, May 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I usually use a really large Joe Shade sun umbrella for my kids' soccer games but that umbrella is usually too big for just one person. This umbrella is very convenient for those times I need shade for just one person. I wasn't able to use it on one of my ultralight folding chairs as the chair became unstable if I sat up, but on other more common folding chairs it would probably work much better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18