Profile for Gordon Kane > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gordon Kane "Crush the Bear" RSS Feed (Upland California)

Hercules & Love Affair
Hercules & Love Affair
16 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally found them!, September 29, 2008
This review is from: Hercules & Love Affair (Audio CD)
I saw "Blind" on Subterranean months ago, and was blown away by the video, the visualizations, and of course, the girl.
Here's the rub. I watch and record shows like this to keep up (sorta) on new music and if I like a genre, sound and video, I will most likely buy the music. The problem was that the title info at the beginning and end of the video said "undefined" for all the fields, like artist name, song name and produced by-etc.
I was beside myself. I needed to know who made this awesome video and hauntingly beautiful sound, and all I had to go on was "undefined" I went to my local indie record store and had them do a search of "undefined", what I "thought" was the possible title from what I "thought" an oft repeated line in the song was-no luck. I did a search of that nights Subterranean on MTV2, and it listed all the videos it showed but did NOT list mine.

Then I saw it on another Subterranean a month or so later, and was so excited to see it again, and guess what? Yep, it had the information for all the videos on that nights show and not this one again.
Needless to say, another search of the website and I saw a small black and white picture of the girl and bingo, I was in the Hercules appreciation fan club finally.

"Blind" brought me in to the fold, and there are many other really attractive songs on the album and I really enjoy listening to it. There are a couple of songs I can live without, but I enjoy finding new music of different styles. I grew up with the Beatles and it is more and more challenging to try to stay current with the sounds of today. I like indie stuff probably most. Anyway, maybe this isn't a 5 star but I would love to see them live. With the girl please!